samandjack.net



Sitting at the small table at the Officer's Club, I, Colonel Jack O'Neill watched as a tall blonde looked at the choices in the juke box. I wonder what she was picking as far as songs. I continue to watch her as she stands straight and walks back to the table. When she makes eye contact with me, I smile. She returns the smile before she takes a drink of her beer.

"Choose anything good, Major?" I ask. The blonde major sets her beer down on the table and licks her lips, smiling.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Sir." she jokes. Major Samantha Carter smiles at me as she makes her way toward Daniel. I watch her as she stands tall in her blue uniform. I have long since taken my coat and tie off. \I hate this thing.// I think to myself as I roll up the sleeves of my light blue dress shirt. Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, Daniel, who is an inch shorter than me, makes his way over to me and the table, sitting in the chair next to me.

"Hey, Jack." Daniel says. "How you doing?" he asks, like he's been reading my thoughts or something. I hate it when he does that.

"I'm good, Daniel," I reply. "Will you excuse me?" I ask, getting up and walking to the juke box myself. I look at my choices and I can't decide what I want to hear. Suddenly, I stop on a CD that I own. I look at the different tracks and pick three of the familiar tracks. I chose, "She's All I Ever Need", "Shake your Bon-Bon" and "You Stay With Me". All, which are done by Ricky Martin. The CD was a gift from Daniel, who said that I needed a varity. The minute that I had heard this song, I thought about how I felt about Carter. I had even played the track over and over, just listening to the words. Turning around, I look in Carter's direction and saw that she and Doc Fraiser were talking, or rather gossiping. About me no doubt. I muster up the courage to walk over to Carter, hoping that she'll dance with me.

"Major," I say, after clearing my throat twice. "May I have this dance?" I ask, shocking myself at the sudden politeness in my voice. I notice that Carter is surprised too. Carter takes my hand and I lead her to the small dance floor. By the time I get my arms the way I want them, "She's All I Ever Need" is beginning to play. Carter lays her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat, no doubt. I place my right cheek on top of her head. I can tell that Carter is listening to the words.



~Here I am
Broken wings
Quiet thoughts
Unspoken dreams
Here I am
And I need her now
To hold my hand~



Carter looks up at me and into my eyes, but she doesn't say anything to me. I see a change in how Carter's looking at me. I'm looking at her differently too. I think that she sees it, too. She probably wonders what's going through my mind at this point. I want her close, so I pull her closer to me. I continue to hold her swaying slightly to the beat of the song.



~She's all, She's all I ever had
She's the air I breathe
She's all I ever had
It's the way she makes me feel
It's the only thing that's real
It's the way she understands
She's my lover, she's my friend
And when I look into her eyes
It's the way I feel inside
Like the man I want to be
She's all I'll ever need
So much time
So much pain [but]
There's one thing
That still remains [It's the]
The way she cared
The love we shared
And through it all
She's always been there
She's all, She's all I ever had
In a world so cold, so empty
She's all, She's all I ever had
It's the way she makes me feel
It's the only thing that's real
It's the way she understands
She's my lover, she's my friend
And when I look into her eyes
It's the way I feel inside
Like the man I want to be
She's all I'll ever need
Here I am~



As the song ends, Carter looks at me with tears in her eyes. I cup her face, wiping the fallen tears away with my thumbs. When I did this, I noticed Sam closed her eyes, only to see those blue eyes open back up and look into my soul. Deciding that it was now or never, I take a chance and bring Sam's face to mine, my lips kissing hers softly. At this point, I don't care who's watching. I need Carter to know how I feel about her. I know that General Hammond and other high ranking officers are here, but to me, it's only me and Sam. I feel no resistance from Sam at all. I pull back to see her smiling at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Daniel and Teal'c smiling.

I look over at General Hammond and notice that he has looked up from his game of pool with Major Davis and Liutenant Simmons to wink at me. I wonder what he's thinking.

\I'll probably find out later.// I think silently. After a few hours, the party started to wind down and people were starting to go home for the night. I took this as my cue to leave as well. Carter had asked if she could tag along, which I didn't say no to. Hell, who was I to turn down Samantha Carter? I helped her with her jacket as General Hammond made his way to me. He tapped me on my left shoulder and asked for a moment. I told Sam not to go anywhere just yet, that I'd be right back. Following the general, I began to worry about what he was going to say.

\Damn, I'm busted.//

"Jack, I want you to know that I saw you and Major Carter," the general says to me sternly. I swallow hard, hoping I'm not getting us into trouble. The general smiles suddenly. "You're not in trouble, Colonel. It's not like me or the rest of the SGC haven't noticed. In fact, I'm proud of you, chosing Sam. She's smart." he says as I stand there dumbfounded and confused.

"I don't know what you mean, Sir." I say suddenly, covering my sudden knowledge of his words. I try to deny myself as well. George isn't dumb.

"I'm not dumb, Jack," he says, repeating my thought. "I can see that you love Sam. Remember, I was young once too, son." he finishes, smiling the whole time. I smile back, trying to forget the whole thing. But I remember the time that I had all of the Ancients knowledge in my brain, seeing Carter on that planet, roasting to death. I almost cried, being that I was helpless to do anything. But I had suddenly gotten this vision in my head about the DHD and found that I had drawn up plans to fix it. Too bad I'm not that smart all the time. Carter would love me then. Even when I pinned on her new rank, I had wanted to kiss her and tell her how proud of her I was, but she already knew.

"I'll try to restrain myself, Sir." I tell Hammond. He only nods and tells me that if Carter and I do start a relationship, to keep it out of the public view and focus on the mission and not each other. I nod my understanding, sudden joy filling me. I suddenly feel hands around my waist and I look over my shoulder at Carter. She asks what that was about and I tell her that I would tell her later. She takes my left hand in her right, small, delicate hand and we walk outside. I follow her to her car. She unlocks it and opens it. I stand there with my arms on top of the door as she stands on the other side of it. She kisses me deeply, and tells me that she'll meet me at my house. I close the car's door and watch her drive off. I smile as I think about how happy I am again. I run to my black Jeep, and with new found energy, I jump over the Jeep's door and into the driver's seat and I start up the engine and speed out of the parking lot towards my house, hoping that we won't get interrupted tonight.

When I get to my house, I see that Carter has beaten me here and is now sitting on the hood of her car, waiting for me. I notice how great she looks in her uniform and how much I love her. Her beauty, smarts, and overall challenging ways. She has challenged me in so many ways. I thank her for that. Hooking my uniform jacket and tie across my shoulder, I take Carter's hand and lead her to the door. After I unlock the door and let us in, I close the door and turned to Sam, concentrating on her now. She grabs me by the scruff of my shirt and consumes my lips to hers. I throw my jacket and tie on the couch, while my keys find their way to the coffee table. Carter pulls me toward my bedroom. I pause to pick her up into my arms, carrying her the rest of the way.

Once there, I carefully lay her on my unmade bed, removing her heels, coat and necktab. She slowly unbuttons my shirt and removes it. After she throws the shirt aside, she runs her fingers down my finely haired chest and to my "miracle" stomach. She refered to it once as the edible tummy. I then remove the rest of her uniform, laying it on top of the pile that I had already made of her coat and heels. She then carefully removes the rest of my uniform and again throws it aside. I now focus on the blonde angel in front of me. I lay over her, my eyes burning with passion and desire. I see the same thing in her blue eyes as well. I lean down and trail kisses up and down each side of her neck and onto her stomach. I feel Sam thread her fingers in my short, greying, brown hair. This makes me look up at her, while I consume her lips in mine. She's so sweet to me.

"I love you, Jack." she says, taking me by surprise. I smile warmly as she looks at me with a new respect.

"I love you, too, Cart... Sam." I reply, saying her name with love. I continue to kiss her, while her fingers trail up and down my back, sending shivers through me. I suddenly feel her arch under me as I enter her, gasping her name. I hear her gasp my name in return. I roll onto my back, drawing Sam closer to my left side. Her fingers make designs on my chest. Eventually, her fingers trail down to my stomach again.

After a while, Sam fell asleep. While I was still awake, I brushed her hair away from her face and tucked it behind her left ear. I loved how her hair feels and smells. I enjoy watching her sleep. Now I can do it more often. Sam and I talked about what the general had said to me hours ago and we had agreed to do it the way that Hammond had suggested. Now, as I watched her sleeping, I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you, Major," I say, sleepily. "You're all I ever need." I say before I drift off to sleep my self.



THE END