samandjack.net

Story Notes: Season/Spoilers: 5, Proving Ground


"Colonel." "Thought you'd have gone home for the night."

"I... thought about it." "But I wanted to finish up these training reports."

"What do you think of Lieutenant Elliot?"

"He... thinks too much, which makes him indecisive." "He's trying to figure out what I want instead of trusting his instincts."

"Or... he's very intelligent, recognises the whole point of this training programme is to introduce non-terrestrial factors and he respects you more than you know."

"You bought his excuse for hesitating, didn't you?"

"Well, he was right. You would never have let it happen. I think he was giving you the benefit of the doubt."

"I think he was tap-dancing."

"Well, you have to admit he's got leadership potential."

"Do l?"

"Grogan. He'll make a fine addition to an SG team one day."

"He'll make a fine target and good at gettin' shot." Sam kind of awkwardly choked on her Jell-O at that remark.

"OK. Satterfield's bright."

"I gave her high marks for her... high marks. I'd never go into combat with her."

"Then there's Hailey."

"Yeah. Four-foot-nine fightin' machine." And then he got that sunshine smile which made his day, well night for this example but who cares.

"Colonel."

"So, Carter what do you think about helping me out here since you're so...."

"So what, Sir?"

"Well, you know my 2IC and all that. Y' know you're supposed to assist your CO at matters like this."

"Yes, Sir." she said with a smile and resumed eating her Jell-O. Jack was watching her eat and suddenly he felt an instant urge for some Jell-O. But there were none left and he so didn't have the will to stand up to get a fork.

"Hey, Carter gimme some of your Jell-O. I need something sweet and there's no more cake." He was expecing an awkward look, but to his surprise she just grabbed some Jell-O with the fork and guided it into his mouth. He almost moaned as he felt the warmth of Sam's lips on the fork.

"Thanks." From then on they kept feeding each other till' the Jell-O was all gone. As she took the last piece of it, a tiny bit was still left on her lips. Jack noticed that and decided to give it a shot. He bent over and slowly brushed his lips with Sam's. She responded immediately and deepened the kiss. They parted after a couple of minutes.

"So Sam, how about a date, pick ya up at 8." He was afraid of the answer and he knew it. But Sam just smiled again.

"Yasureyabetcha, Colonel" she responded with a big grin as they kissed again.

TE