samandjack.net

Story Notes: Season: Between 8 and 9

Spoilers: None really


Sam shivered slightly and pulled the blanket closer around herself. She soon returned her gaze to the dark night sky. It was a beautiful night. Not a cloud in the sk and the star were shining very brightly. She briefly wonder how many of those tiny bright dots she and her team had been to over the last 8 years and how many more of them she would go to in the future.

Soon, she heard the soft sounds on someone walking on grass. It was soon followed by footsteps on wood. Sam shifted her gaze from the sky above her to the moonlit pond in front of her.

"Here you go." A soft voice said as a cool bottle of beer was handed to her. The owner of the voice sat down on the large deck chair and slid a strong arm around her waist.

Sam took a sip of her beer and put the bottle down on the small table beside her. She rolled over in his arms so that her head was resting just below his chin. She also slid her arms around his waist. When she had stopped moving, he pressed a gentle kiss onto the top of her head.

Sam smiled to herself, glad that she was finally able to lay here in his arms without having to worry about the damn Air Force frat regs. They layed quietly like this for a while, with him taking occaisonal drinks from his beer bottle and her just laying quietly in his arms. Soon he put his own bottle of beer down on the other table and wrapped his other arm around Sam. Sam lifted up her head and shifted so that she was looking almost eye to eye with him. She slowly lowered her head and kissed him. It started off slowly then quickly grew in inensety. It continued for as long as they could before then had to come up for air. Sam opened her eyes and stared in to his deep brown ones.

"I love you Sam." He said softly.


Sam smiled that smile that she saved just for him. "I love you too Jack." She said before kissing him again. After the second kiss had ended, Sam shifted so that she was laying wiht her head tucked under his chin and with one arm draped over Jacks chest. She closed her eyes and snuggled deeper into Jacks side. Soon after, Sam had fallen asleep with a faint smile on her face.

Jack took a deep breath of the cool air and tightened his arms around Sam. He looked down at her and smiled as he watched her sleep. Soon he pulled another blanket around himself and Sam. After pressing another kiss to he top of her head, Jack returned his gaze to the beautiful Minnisota night sky.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TE