samandjack.net

Story Notes: Dedication: To all the men out there that need to get a clue.


The four men sat contemplatively around the large table. They had just been on P5X-492 all in separate areas when each was taken in a white beam and dropped in the briefing room at the SGC.

"Sir, when did this information come through?" Jack asked true concern lining his face.

"About 45 minutes ago." General Hammond gave the grim answer. This information was from an unnamed source saying Carter was being held and would only be released when her captors thought the time was right. An all out search had been mounted but she was no where. It was as if she had vanished…

"General, have we contacted our allies about the situation?" Daniel had come to the unnerving conclusion that she may have been taken by some rebel force among their friends.

"Yes the Asgard, Tollan, Nox, and Tok'ra have been made aware. None of them know anything, or so they say. The Tok'ra said they would inform Jacob as soon as it was safe.

"This means he will be made aware of the situation at either the most inconvient or last possible moment." Teal'c intoned knowing this would not end well.

"Well have we figured out what they may want with her?"

Jack asked trying to wipe the terrible thoughts that kept running through his mind away.

When Sam had come too she found herself in what would be considered comfortable surroundings. Technically she wasn't lacking for anything. This concerned her. They had been on a mission the planet seemed uninhabited so they had set up camp and were doing some general surveying. She was surrounded in white light almost like an Asgard beam, but she had been knocked unconscious. Some one was saying something Sam felt like she almost recognized the voice. It was very far away and almost muffled so she couldn't say who it was exactly.

"Colonel Carter you are safe here. Do not be afraid. You will be kept here in comfort until your men understand." That was all the explanation she would be given.

"My men, what in the hell do you mean by that. Where is the rest of my team? Who are you and why am I here?" Sam was more angry then scared she just wanted to know what was going on. She got no response to her questions. Trying her radio accomplished nothing. It was as if Jack Daniel and Teal'c weren't even on the planet, or maybe she wasn't. She couldn't remember seeing any buildings from the M.A.L.P. telemetry they had gotten back. So where could she be.

Back at the SGC Sam's teammates were no closer to figuring out what had happened. Dialing the gate had gotten them nowhere. The seventh chevron wouldn't lock they had run every test they could on this end. The `Gate was fine; the men on the other hand were going insane with worry.

Two days had passed since Sam had been taken. Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, Hammond, and even Siler were huddled in the briefing room still not sure what had happened.

"Sir we have to do something, she's out there. I won't just leave her behind. We need to get her back." Jack all but yelled knowing he was probably showing too much emotion not caring at this point. His Sam was missing and he was going crazy not knowing where she was or if she was ok.

"General Hammond, O'Neill is correct, I have not been able to properly Kel'No'Reem since Colonel Carter has been missing. It is most concerning. I feel as though I am not complete and the larval Goa'uld senses this. Until she is safe with us once more I will continue to grow ill." Teal'c said somberly.

"I don't know what to tell you. We can't dial the planet hell we don't even know if she is still there. All we can do is wait. Trust me this isn't easy for me either. She's like a daughter to me for her to just not be here is like me losing one of my kids." Hammond said realizing for the first time that while everyone under his command was special to him SG-1 was family.

To all of the men in this room Samantha Carter was important, without her they felt incomplete. As each man realized this in turn they knew deep down that Sam was ok and would be returned to them. Suddenly there it was the beam they had been waiting two days for. She was back, safe and sound.

As Sam felt herself being beamed away she heard that far away voice again.

"Your men understand now. You will be returned to them. They know you must be kept safe you have a very important part to play in future events."

Then it was over, she was in the briefing room surrounded by the people who meant the most to her. `My men' Sam thought to herself and smiled. It was the truth she needed them as much as they needed her.



End Notes: ~* Author's Note: Sam's 'captors' are actually people from all of the SGC's allies. Hence the Asgard beam. The Nox kept her hidden. The voice she almost recognized was that of the Tollan Narim. And the Tok'ra (without Jacob's knowledge) kept the gate from being opened. I do hope you all enjoy this. It was meant to be light hearted and fun*~