samandjack.net

Story Notes: Holidays 03: Content Warnings: Adult themes

Spoilers: Minor mention of 'Evolutions'

Author's Notes: For everyone who wrote asking for it, here is the third story in the 'Holidays' series. Or, as I like to call it, the 'Any Excuse to have Sam & Jack Make Out' series. This won't really make a great deal of sense if you haven't read the first two, which are 'Semi-inappropriate' and 'We Mortals', and can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/nickychevalier/SG1_fanfiction-nickysfic.html


~~~
"In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
--Janos Arnay
~~~



"Jack, all I'm saying is that we've been here, what, 20 minutes?" Daniel glanced at his watch and threw Jack a plaintive look. "We're not due back at the SGC for another 2 hours. Would it kill us to look around some more?"

"There's nothing *here*, Daniel." The Colonel sighed exasperatedly and heaved his boot-clad foot out of the thick mud they were plodding through to take another step, watching as his foot sank again almost to the ankle. "There's mud and trees and more mud. Nothing we can't get back on Earth."

"How do we know that unless we look?"

"Daniel," Jack stopped walking to serve the archaeologist a pointed look. Following behind them, Sam and Teal'c exchanged glances and stopped too, though they wisely chose to remain quiet on the issue. "There is no evidence of anyone having been here, *ever*. What makes you think that there is anything worth looking at?"

Daniel's expression turned pleading. "I don't know," he admitted. "Call it a hunch."

"A *hunch*?" Jack lifted his boot to display the inch-thick covering of brown sludge clinging to it. "You want us to keep trudging through this crap on the basis of a hunch?"

Daniel shrugged. "Why not? We've seen worse." Jack served him a look and he shook his head in exasperation. "What? Are we in a hurry to get home or something? Do you have plans for the holiday?"

Jack's brow furrowed in a mixture of confusion and Daniel-induced annoyance. "What? What are you *talking* about, Daniel? What holiday?"

Daniel rolled his eyes and sighed in resignation as he made to head back to the stargate. "Never mind."

But the Colonel's mind was following an entirely different train of thought now. "No, really, what holiday?"

Daniel turned, adjusting his glasses to cut out the glare of the hot sun overhead. "It's Martin Luther King, Jr day, Jack. You know, 'I have a dream...'?" He shook his head and turned back to where Sam and Teal'c were standing.

"Oh. Right." Jack caught Sam's eye and held it for a few moments. "Do you really want to stay here longer, Daniel?"

Daniel turned, eyebrows raised in surprise at the question. "Yes, I do." He gave Jack a questioning look.

"Fine. One hour. You and Teal'c head off that way and look for... whatever it is you think you're gonna find. Carter and I will get some samples and meet you back at the gate."

***

"Carter, you done yet?"

"Almost, Sir."

Screwing the lid back on the specimen jar and fastening it in a zip lock bag, Sam glanced up at her CO and grinned. "You look... impatient."

The answering grin in his voice belied his expression as he scowled at her, knowing she was making him wait on purpose. "Would ya hurry up, already?!"

She stood, leaving the sample kit at her feet on the ground. "All done," she announced, brushing her hands off on her pants and pretending not to notice his predatory grin.

"Good." He grabbed her hands and tugged, pulling her against him. "We have business to attend to."

She raised an eyebrow. "Business?"

He shrugged, arms beginning a slow slide around her waist. "Okay, maybe not business. But Martin Luther King Day is a very important holiday, you know. It would be downright un-American not to celebrate it..."

"Oh, really," she murmured, sucking in a breath as his lips just grazed hers, barely touching, his hot breath caressing her skin. "And what would you suggest we do to honor this oh-so-important day in American culture?"

"Oh," he answered, smiling as he dropped teasing, feather-light kisses on her mouth, "I definitely have a dream..."

Her hands slid into his hair to encourage his advances, tugging slightly as she moved to claim his mouth.

"Colonel O'Neill," the radio crackled on his shoulder, "Daniel Jackson has discovered a cave he wishes to explore for possible signs of civilisation."

Jack's head fell forward and he closed his eyes in frustration, mentally running through all the ways he could beat Daniel to a pulp. "Of course he has," he sighed, reluctantly unclipping his radio to respond. "Tell him not to do anything until we get there. Where are you?"

***

"Well, it looks like an ordinary rock cave to me, Daniel. But nothing looks like it's about to collapse, so if you wanna keep lookin', you've got--" Jack checked his watch-- 37 minutes left. Knock yourself out." Motioning with his head for Sam to follow, he strode toward the cave entrance.

"Hey," Daniel called after them, "where are you going?"

"Back to get the sample kit," Jack called back, "we left it when Teal'c radioed."

They were just out of sight of the cave when she found her back pressed against the smooth, thick trunk of one of the planet's many native trees. His lips traced wildfire up her neck and over her jaw line, his tongue darting out to draw her top lip into his mouth, nibbling it gently between his teeth.

Her hands ran up his sides and around his neck, tugging him closer as her mouth opened under his, inviting his exploration.

"Jack? Sam?"

They sprang apart at the sound of Daniel's voice, only mildly relieved to discover it was coming from their radios. Jack pulled his from his shoulder with no small amount of frustration. "*WHAT* Daniel?!"

Daniel thankfully either didn't notice or chose to ignore the irritation in his friend's voice. "I found something," he told them, a hint of excitement in his voice. "I'm pretty sure it's an artefact of some description but it's possible that it's some kind of device. I need Sam's equipment to tell if it's emitting anything."

Jack threw his hands up in the air in resignation. "Right. Of course. I swear to God, the next time he gets kidnapped in the jungle, I am *so* gonna leave him there."

Sam hid her grin and cocked her head to speak into her own radio. "I'll be right there Daniel."

She gave Jack a questioning look and he returned it with one of determination. "Okay, go make sure whatever it is isn't going to blow up or anything. I'll get the sample kit and meet you back here."

Sam nodded, a smile still tugging at the corners of her mouth, and set off in the direction of the cave.

"Carter," he called, and she turned to see him making hurrying motions with his arms. "Go. Run."

Laughing now at his impatience, she broke into a jog.

***

Sam heard him coming before she saw him, listening to his progress through the trees as she silently willed him to hurry up. Impatient herself, now, though she'd only been waiting a few minutes, she rose from her spot on the ground and went to meet him.

Jack grinned broadly as she stopped a few feet away and held her arms out to him, an endearing gesture that he couldn't resist calling her on as he stepped eagerly into her embrace.

"You're cute," he murmured teasingly into her ear, his lips moving up to press briefly against her temple before he leaned his forehead against hers.

She narrowed her eyes at him in mock reproval, lifting her head to give him a defiant glare. "Kiss me now and I *might* just let you get away with that."

Smiling his acquiescence, his head dipped and he brushed his mouth lightly over hers, his fingers threading through her hair to cup the back of her head.

Whimpering softly at the long-awaited contact, she rose, hands tugging at his shoulders as she pressed her lips more firmly against his, requesting entrance. He complied readily, lips parting under hers to allow the slow glide of her tongue over his, slippery and wet and so, so good.

His hands slipped from her hair, trailing slowly down her sides to land at her hips before he wrapped his arms fully around her waist, pulling her against him and holding her there. His tongue battled hers for a moment as he sought to fulfil his own aching need to explore her, gliding over her lips and teeth and finally filling her mouth, stealing her breath and inducing a low moan from somewhere deep in her throat.

Deepening the contact, one arm moved further up her back to support her and he kissed her forcefully, their lips melding together with almost bruising pressure, heads tilting and angling, seeking the best fit. He groaned as her hands grabbed at the back of his head, holding him to her, tongues tangling frantically as he probed the heat of her mouth, relearning her taste and texture.

Her hands tightened in his hair and she moaned into his mouth, drinking him in, her body starved for oxygen but not nearly enough to make her break this. He tasted like nothing she'd ever experienced before. Better than chocolate. Better than coffee. She was drowning in him.

His arms tightened around her as he pulled his mouth only far enough away to satisfy their need for oxygen, their lips still brushing periodically as they panted for breath. Her tongue snaked out briefly to trace his upper lip and he groaned, taking her bottom lip between his teeth and laving it with his tongue. Knees weakening, her hands grabbed at his shoulders for balance and she kissed him again, slow and deep, her tongue slipping easily into his mouth to explore him leisurely before she broke the kiss again, her breath coming now in heavy gasps.

"Christ, Carter," he groaned, his head dropping down on to her shoulder as he tried to regain some control of himself. Her arms entwined around his neck and she turned her face toward his, her nose buried in his hair, inhaling his scent.

They stood like that, just holding each other, for long minutes before reality intruded with the beeping of Jack's watch, signalling their imminent return to the gate and to the status quo.

He sighed, lifting his head to place a soft kiss on her forehead, one hand sliding over her cheekbone and down her jaw, thumb tracing her bottom lip before he stepped away.

Straightening his uniform, he couldn't help the contented grin that settled over his face when he considered how many holidays there were in a year. "Hey Carter," he sent her an amused glance. "Do birthdays count as a 'holiday'?" She rolled her eyes and he grinned. "I just ask because I'm planning on turning my calendar into the most detailed reference of recognised holidays in existence."

She smothered a laugh, already slipping back into Major mode, and they started the reasonably short trek back to the gate, Jack distractedly trying to wipe the stubborn grin from his face-- lest he arouse people's suspicions.

And, speaking of arousal... "Hey, do me a favour?" he asked her with a sidelong glance and a wry grin. "When we get back through the gate and do the whole race for the locker room thing, let us win this time, okay?"

She raised an amused eyebrow. "Are you suggesting you guys can't win on your own? ...Sir?"

The 'Sir' was rather belated and he had a feeling she'd done that on purpose. Wise-ass.

"No, Carter, I'm sure we'd win anyway... maybe. But, just in case..." he gave her an adorably imploring look; as if she wouldn't do it just because he asked.

Her brow creased and she gave him a questioning glance. "Okay, fine. I'll bite. Why do you want me to let you win?"

"Because I'm going to *need* a cold shower before I go anywhere near the infirmary, or Doc Frasier is in for one hell of a surprise."

***