samandjack.net

Story Notes: Choices we Make 1: CHAPTERS: Part 1 in Choices we Make

1. I love you, Goodbye
2. At the Beginning
3. I Will Come To You
4. Turn Back Time
5. I Don't Wanna Fight
6. If Tomorrow Never Comes
7. Live
8. If That's What It Takes
9. Everything I Do

AUTHOR'S NOTES: A creative in my english class gave me the germ of an idea for this, so the whole first section (With Jack) is what I wrote for my english, tailored to fit this story though. Okay, the english piece was a version of this, but basically, this one goes to Mrs. Laning for making me do that stupid creative (which I actually got A's for!!)

And of course to Suds and Jo...who else? The only reason I finished this...insistent nagging/encouragement/whinging/distractions...you know what you're there for!! luv ya hun!!

I Love You, Goodbye Performed by Celine Dion (Used without permission. Sorry, but I LOVE her music)


********************************************************************

Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love
The kind of love you really need
Wish I could say to you
That I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me

You need someone willing to give their
heart and soul to you
Promise you forever, baby that's
something I can't do

~o0o~

The words jumped up off the page, a jumble as usual. Sara covered her mouth with the back of her hand as another yawn took hold of her. She blinked tiredly, putting the novel down and leaning back into the couch as she yawned yet again, stretching this time and closing her eyes.

Jack watched her with trepidition. She was going to kill him, but he figured he might as well enjoy watching her catlike movements as she stretched. She'd always reminded him of a cat, with her golden hair and honey coloured skin, the way she seemed to float over the ground when she walked.

She stood up slowly, working the kinks out of her back. Jack had taken long enough, she was going to bed now, it was way past a normal bed time. Mind you, the last time she'd gone to bed at a sane hour was a long time ago.

"Hi," he said it softly, his voice low and slighly apologetic. Tiredness fled as she spun around, her eyes relieved to see him standing in the shadows. He almost smiled when he saw the smile creep into her eyes, but the curve on his lips froze as her eyes suddenely blazed at him, anger stiffening her into a rigid line, her hackles raised.

"Hi," she repeated, anger evident in her curt voice.

"Yeah, hi." Jack repeated, feeling like an idiot.

"That's all you can say? Not even a sorry." He watched with a morbid fascination as she pulled herself to her full height, a rather short height, but still imposing when she was like this.

"You wouldn't listen, even if I did say sorry." It was the truth, both of them knew it.

"You could at least try," she hissed, unsheathing her claws as she glared at him.

"I'm sorry Sara, really. I would have called..."

"But it would have endangered the whole mission," she finished off for him. "Don't you think you could a try a different excuse once in a while?"

"Sara, I'm not making an excuse, I'm telling you the truth."

"Yes, I think you are, only I've been to dense to listen to it earlier," the fight suddenely seemed to go out of her voice, defeat darkening her eyes to a dull grey.

"No Sara, I'm not saying that!" he shook his head, stepping towards her.

"Don't!" Sara's voice cut like a whip. "Please, don't." The plea was wrenched from her. "I'm tired Jack. I'm tired of always being second to your job..." she smiled sadly.

"You're not..." He trailed off. It was the truth and they both knew it.

"Yes, I am. We both are." she sighed, her shoulders slumping.

"No, I love you and Charlie!" he stated firmly, his voice breaking ever so slightly.

"I don't doubt that. You love your work more though."

"That's not true Sara!" he denied it hotly, pointlessly.

"It is, and we know it," she shook her head, determination in her eyes.

"No, it's not. I love you guys more than the Military," he said it softly, his rigid back and perfectly positioned feet not moving as the words slid from his lips.

"Would you give it up? Would you hand in your resignation tomorrow, to be with me and Charlie?" There was silence in the room, only the sound of the old, tired grandfather clock ticking broke it. "I didn't think so," the corners of her lips pulled down ever so slightly in a rueful smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Sara..."

"Don't Jack. I told you, I'm tired. I'm going to bed now." They watched each other warily.

"Can I at least see him?" Jack asked softly, in control of his emotions, the military mask on his face not letting his emotions show through even a crack.

"No." Sara shook her head. "If you can't be there all the time, I won't let you be there at all."

"Sara, he needs me. He needs his Dad." Jack said it softly, steel in his voice.

"I know. He needs his Dad, not a part time father. That's what you are Jack, a part time father and a full time Colonel." She shook her head sadly.

"But..."

"No. You're going to hurt him enough as it is, I don't need you to hang around here playing with his emotions and only seeing him when it suits you." His shoulders slumped and lines seemed to appear around his eyes.

"I'll leave in the morning." He swallowed harshly, trying to dissolve the lump forming in his throat.

"You can't, can you?" She wasn't mocking, her voice was sincerely sympathetic for once.

"Can't what?"

"You can't even allow yourself to cry." The pity in her voice hurt more than the words themselves.

He watched her mutely as she turned around slowly and left with her back straight and her walk determined. She'd survive, she always did. Jack closed his eyes tightly, forcing the lump down and out of his throat. Sara had always been stronger than anyone thought.

He moved towards the door like an old man, his hands shaking as her pulled a cupboard open and took out some blankets and a pillow. They smelt old and musty. He was old and the couch was hard and lumpy.

* * *

"Dad!" Charlie's voice rang with delight as he stopped in the middle of the lounge room.

"Hmmph." Jack grunted, trying to force his eyes open.

"You're home Dad!" Charlie cannon balled onto the couch, wrapping his tough little arms around his father's neck.

"Hmm." Jack returned the bear hug, savouring the little boy smell clinging to Charlie.

"I hit a homer Dad!" Charlie announced proudly, sitting back so that Jack could sit up.

"Wow. A homer huh? When did you do that?" Jack rubbed his eyes, trying to focus on his son.

"Yesterday. Coach said I was doing real well and might even be on the team next term!" Charlie bounced on the couch.

"Don't bounce on the couch Charlie, you'll wear out the springs." Sara's voice reached them. Jack looked at her. Dark circles under her eyes spoke of a sleepless night.

He looked just as bad as she did, Sara decided. The lines around his eyes and suddenly sagged appearance couldn't just be attributed to a bad night's sleep on an old couch.

"Morning," he risked it, watching her hopefully.

"Morning," she was just as wary as him, unsure how to take it from here.

"Mom, can I show Dad my new ball?" Charlie asked suddenly, jumping off the couch and running out of the room.

"You'd better tell him." Sara sighed.

"How?" Jack asked softly.

"I don't know. You can talk to him, he adores you." Sara's eyes filled slightly with tears.

"I love him Sara." Jack said simply.

"Not enough." She shook her head apologetically.

"But..."

"We talked about this last night Jack. It's not going to be fair on him to have a Dad that only sees him when it suits him." Sara said, anger in her voice.

"I'm sorry Sara," he sat on the couch and watched her.

"Me too," she agreed gently, turning away before he could see the tears run over her cheeks.

"I should have..." Jack started.

"No, don't go there." Sara stopped him, her back turned towards him. He could see her shoulders shaking slightly as she hugged her waist, trying to stop the tears. His arms itched to hold her and comfort her but this time he couldn't. It was his fault she was like that and there was nothing he could do to change it.

"I'll start packing my things," he clenched his teeth as he stood up.

"So you're not going to go to court?" Sara sounded cautious.

"No." Jack shook his head. He couldn't do that to them as well.

"Thank you." She whispered it softly, he barely heard it.

"I love you and Charlie." Jack said quietly before he turned and left the room.

Sara watched him walk out of the room, his military march betraying his hurt and confusion. She still loved him too, but too much had changed.

* * *

Gritting his teeth Charlie threw the ball in the air with one hand, deftly arranged his hands on the bat and whacked at the ball as it fell back to earth. The ball caught the bat with a satisfying thwack and sailed into the wooden fence dented with hollows where it had previously landed.

"You're getting good at that." Charlie turned around to see his Dad walking towards him slowly.

"Are you leaving again?" Charlie asked, fear in his voice. He knew that walk. When his Dad started walking like the Colonel he was, Charlie knew to expect the worst.

"Yeah." Jack admitted, not sure what to tell Charlie.

"When are you coming home again?" Charlie asked softly. Something was different this time, and it scared him.

"I'm not." The words cut through his soul, but Jack had to say them.

"Why?" Charlie demanded, anger pushing away his tears.

"Because your Mom and I think it's for the best." Jack closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to see his world fall around him as he uttered the words. He was a coward.

"Why?" Charlie stepped backwards, away from his Dad whose face so full of pain.

"I'm not a good father Charlie. I'm not a good husband and I don't want you to turn out like me," Jack whispered, staring at the ground.

"You are a great Dad, you're the best!" Charlie denied it, raising his big brown eyes up to Jack.

"No, I'm not Charlie. I didn't even see you hit a homer." Jack forced the lightness into his voice.

"You always do that!" Charlie screamed for no reason.

"Do what? Not see you play?" Jack asked, not denying it.

"NO. Make a joke of everything!" Charlie yelled at him, his tears spilling down his cheeks.

"I don't Charlie. This isn't a joke." Jack wished it was.

"I don't care if you don't see my games," Charlie whispered suddenly.

"I do." Jack stated simply.

"But I don't want you to go," Charlie hugged his dad fiercely. Jack knelt down and out his arms around his son.

"I love you Charlie." Jack told him, cupping the small face in his hands.

"Then don't go." Charlie cried, not letting go of Jack's jacket.

"I have to Charlie. I'm not good enough for you or Sara." Jack whispered the words softly.

"Yes you are," Charlie sniffed.

"I'd watch your games if I was good enough," Jack murmered against the soft brown hair.

"I'm gonna stop playing if you go," Charlie threatened.

"No. Don't do that. You've got to be strong for your Mom and for me," Jack told him sternly.

"But what if I don't want to be?" Charlie asked quietly.

"You will be Charlie. You're too much like your Mom not to be strong," Jack allowed a slight smile to cross his face.

"Will I see you?" Charlie asked eventually.

"I don't know. It's up to your Mom," Jack admitted, hoping that Sara wasn't going to kill him for that.

"Do you hate Mommy?" Charlie asked suddenely.

"No. I don't hate her," Jack shook his head slowly.

"Then why are you going?" Charlie asked, confused.

"I'm not good enough for your Mom, Charlie. She deserves better than me, and I'm going to let her find someone," He tried to explain.

"But she loves you. She always stays up really late when you're away and won't leave the phone just incase you ring," Charlie tried one more time.

Jack winced as the words cut through him. Sara knew he couldn't ring her when he was away. He knew why she was always waiting at the phone, just in case the one phone call she didn't want to receive came through. He must have put her through hell.

"No Charlie, she wasn't waiting for me to call," Jack shook his sadly.

"Then who?" Charlie demanded, suddenely tired and heavy.

"It doesn't matter Charlie," Jack felt tired again. "Just remember that I love you, okay?"

Charlie studied his Dad in silence, noticing the grey hair for the first time and the lines around the brown eyes. His dad was old. "I love you too." Charlie whispered, hugging him again. Jack pulled Charlie tightly against him, just holding him.

~o0o~

Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a lie
I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

~o0o~

Sam opened the letter slowly, forcing her hands not to shake as the white envelope slowly parted beneath her eager fingers. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and unfolded the letter. Gathering her courage she opened one eye to take a peek and nearly laughed out loud. Upside down. She had the damn letter upside down!

Grinning to herself now, most of her nerves dissipitated, she quickly righted the letter and straightened out it's folds. Okay, this was it. Steadying her hands again, she slowly started reading the official black and white print. She could feel the tension building as her eyes took in the lines of meaningless text, greetings, well wishes, formalities...

Her pulse quickened.

Thanks to your invaluable knowledge and expertise, as well as persistance, the Stargate program is now officially a reality. In a week's time a team of Military Personnel will travel through the Stargate and explore the world on the other side. Due to your involvement and singular knowledge and the physics of how the Stargate operates, we would very much like for your presence to be one of the members of the team....

Sam let out a muffled squeal of excitement, her eyes glowing. A reality. She was going to space! Holy Hannah! Oh...wow! Incredible! Unbelievable! Her dreams! Reality! Exploring another world!

Her thoughts crashed to a halt as her eye caught sight of the ring on her finger. Jonas. What was Jonas going to say? Oh, this could not be good.

* * *

'Come on Sam, pull yourself together.' She eyed the door to their apartment nervously, unable to help the nervous shivers running all over her spine. Since when was she scared of Jonas? She was a Captain in the USAF, thank you very much. Perfectly capable of defending herself against anyone. Except Jonas.

Another shudder ran through her.

Oh, he was not going to be happy. Not at all. Sam looked back longingly at the mailbox in which she had just dropped her letter of acceptance. Why had she gone and done that? She'd had a whole week to reply.

For, she realised grimly, exactly this reason. So that Jonas couldn't talk or scare or beat her out of it. Once accepted, she was in. Whether he liked it or not. Tough.

Squaring her shoulders, Sam defiantly plastered a smile on her face and got out of the car, refusing to let the bitter taste of fear in her mouth spread throughout her body. Oh, this was not good. Not good at all.

"That you?" Jonas sounded reasonably calm, Sam realised with relief.

"Yeah." She answered him hesitantly, stopping only to lock the door behind her. Changing her mind, she unlocked it again, unsure just what made her do it.

"What's taking you?" He grouched, and she pushed the door to their living room open.

"Hi." She smiled at him brightly, hoping against hope that this would go well.

"What's up?" He was alert, her false smile falling horrendously flat.

"I uh...I got transferred today." Sam stuttered. Well, okay, so that wasn't the *complete* truth, but it was pretty close to the mark.

"You got transferred?" He asked her slowly, narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah. To Colorado..." She trailed off, recognising the look in his eyes with fear.

"I thought we were engaged to be married." He said calmly, not moving an inch.

"We are." Sam swallowed, glancing involuntarily down at the ring on her hand.

"So how are we going to married if you're on one side of the country and I'm on the other?" Jonas pointed out logically, his eyes like little chips of ice.

"You could come with me..." Sam suggested lightly, a half smile on her face, hoping for some relief.

"Pardon? You seem to be forgetting, Samantha, that I'm in the Airforce too."

"I know that, Jonas, so why can't you remember that I'm also in the Airforce?" She snapped, losing her temper.

"Because when we have kids..."

"Kids? We're not having kids now, Jonas. A few years away, maybe, but not now." Sam shook her head defiantly.

"I thought the whole point of being married was to have kids together." Jonas shot back, rising slowly to his feet. Sam's eyes widened slightly in fear as she saw him wobbling slightly. Drinking. He'd been drinking...again.

"No it's not, it's to be with the person you love." Sam felt a jolt go through her as the words fell from her lips. The person you love.

"You're not exactly going to be with me if you're in Colorado, are you?" Jonas snapped, losing his control.

"Jonas...I don't have any more choice about this than you do..." Sam tried to defend herself, stepping backwards to try and escape from his advance.

"Yes you do. Resign." He spat the words at her, his breath reeking of alcohol as it stirred the hair on her face.

"No." She refused to back down. "This is my dream, Jonas. I'm not giving up my dream because you can't accept that fact that it's a part of who I am!" Sam yelled at him.

"Don't you dare yell at me!" Jonas hissed, his hand snaking out and slapping her before she could react.

"Why? Or you'll just hit me again?" Sam retorted, cradling her stinging cheek with her right hand, feeling the bitterness rise in her throat. "Well, Jonas, here's some food for thought, you can't hit me if I'm not here, can you?" She made her decision.

His fist came out of nowhere and struck her head while she was struggling to remove the ring from her finger. Falling to the ground, Sam yanked the ring off and threw it at him, triumph etched onto her face as she finally broke free of him.

"I don't need you, Jonas." She told him, standing up again and holding onto the wall for support.

"You can't even defend yourself against me!" He hurled at her, his hand closing over her arm and pulling her back to him.

She could have easily knocked him out, raised a hand in self-defence. But, she realised with dismay, Jonas was right. She couldn't do anything to him. Helplessly, frozen she stood as his hand connected with her jaw again. Stars exploded in her vision as he backhanded her with the same hand.

"You slut! You selfish, fucking bitch!" He yelled at her, pushing her away from him suddenly.

She stumbled backwards, her body connecting solidly with the doorframe behind her. A dull crack shuddered through her head as it banged against the sharp wood.

Staggering dully to her feet, Sam looked vacantly at Jonas. She saw his bloodshot eyes, his hands with traces of her blood on it from the lips his hits had split, and she threw up.

Ridding herself of the sickness inside of her, Sam glanced idly at Jonas again and then straightened herself, ignoring the high pitched buzzing at the back of her head.

"Good bye, Jonas." She said softly and turned around to walk out of the door.

~o0o~

I hope someday you can
Find some way to understand I'm only
Doing this for you
I don't really want to go
But deep in my heart I know this is the
kindest thing to do

You'll find someone who'd be the one
that I could never be
Who'll give you something better
Than the love you'll find with me

~o0o~

"How could you?" Sarah demanded, her eyes blazing at him as she spun agitatedly on her heel. "How could you do that? After all that we've done for you..."

"Sarah..." Daniel closed his eyes, holding his head in his hands.

"No, I don't want to hear it Daniel." Sarah's clipped tones stung him. No one wanted to listen to him or take what he had to say seriously.

"I had too..."

"Damnit Daniel, you've just thrown your whole career away!" Sarah screamed at him, running her hands through her hair. "And probably everyone else's as well!"

"Sarah!" Daniel snapped, losing patience. "Those are my theories. I can't go around spurting out some other half formed theories if I don't believe them!"

"So you really believe that there are aliens amongst us?" Sarah asked sarcastically, tiredness showing in her eyes.

"No...not necessarily amongst us." He said softly.

"So what do you want me to do Daniel?" Sarah sighed, walking to the other end of the room and leaning against the door, her hands resting on her stomach.

"I don't know, Sarah." Daniel looked at her sorrowfully. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"No, I don't." She agreed softly.

"Then I guess it's over." He closed his eyes, unable to hide his tears.

"What are you saying?" Sarah hissed, but not coming closer.

"It's over, Sarah. We can't have a relationship if you don't believe me."

"So because I think your theories are insane, we can't get married?" Sarah nearly laughed.

"Yes." Daniel looked at her, seriousness in his eyes. "You think my theories are insane, and that I'm insane for believing them. You think that I'm insane, full stop." He said gently. "Not yet, maybe, but in the future..." He held his hands up helplessly.

"So what? This is it then? We just end it...like this? After all this time?"

"I'm sorry, Sarah." Daniel apologised.

"What about Stephen...the Professor?"

"You're all better off without me. My ideas will probably ruin your reputation. It's better that we cut off all ties like this and just end it now." Daniel lay back on his bed, staring up at the roof.

"You're just going to accept it like that then?"

"What else is there to do, Sarah? Nothing I say or do is going to convince you that I'm right, and nothing you say or do is going to convince me I'm wrong."

"The let's agree to disagree." Sarah suggested, tears springing to her eyes.

"We can't, Sarah, don't you understand that? This is the most important thing in my life right now, just like your career is to you." Daniel said softly, pointing out the truth in their feelings.

"But..."

"I know." He agreed, pained because of the loss of their relationship. "I still love you, you must know." He said gently, getting up and walking towards her.

"I know. I still...I love you too." She swallowed slightly and gave a wobbly smile. "Friends then?"

"Yes." He hugged her softly, savouring the feel of her hair against his cheek. "You better go now. Stephen and the Prof. wanted to leave soon." He let her go reluctantly.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" He sounded surprised.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, I really don't know. I'll find a dig or something to work on for a while...I don't really need civilization at the moment." He attempted a sad smile.

"Call me, huh? Let me know how you're doing." Sarah stopped at the door.

"I will." He promised. He waited as she opened her mouth to say something, uncertainty flashing through her eyes for a second. "Yes?" He waited.

"No...it's nothing. Just look after yourself, okay? And not too much coffee."

And then she was gone.

~o0o~

Oh I could say that I'd be all you need
But that would be a crime
I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye.

~o0o~

Jack glanced with a dull disinterest at the paper on the desk in front of him. Once again his thoughts slipped to Sara and Charlie? Where were they? Sara had sold the house off and given him 1/3 of what she'd received for it. He'd tried to give it back, but it was as if she'd vanished from the face of the earth and taken Charlie with her.

God, he missed Charlie so much.

Blinking, he looked back down at the mission briefing in front of him.

"Busy, Jack?" Kowalsky poked his head around the corner and studied the man sitting at his desk.

"No." Jack said shortly, raising his empty eyes up at Kowalsky.

"What's up, buddy?" Kowalsky demanded, settling himself in Jack's spare chair.

"Nothing."

"Don't give me that. You've been like this for too long now. What happened?"

"She left me." He said it bluntly, not revealing any emotions.

Kowalsky blinked slightly and then double checked to make sure Jack wasn't joking.

"She what?"

"She left me. Took Charlie and disappeared."

"And what are you doing about it?"

"Nothing. It's what she wanted." Jack shrugged, turning to the paper on his desk again. Conversation finished, over and ready to be thrown away, deleted out of his memory.

"What do you want?"

"My son." Jack admitted, forcing images of Sara away. Okay, so he wanted Sara too...but he wasn't going to get her back...ever. He didn't deserve her anyway.

"I don't understand, Jack..." Kowalsky started out.

"You don't need too." Jack inserted smoothly, purposefully glaring at Kowalsky. "Now, if you don't mind, I've got this mission briefing to finish. You should be getting ready..." Jack allowed himself a moment of wonder as he contemplated what he and the rest of his team were
going to do.

Amazing. He shook his head slightly and turned back to the desk. Pity he wasn't coming home. Not that he had anything to come home too...he only hoped Charlie remembered how much he loved him.

Kowalsky stood outside the door and frowned in concern as he saw Jack touch the photo of his ex-wife and son. "I'm sorry." He heard the Colonel whispering softly. "I'm so sorry."

Jack blinked firmly and turned his attention back to the paper for the millionth time. Finish this first...and then take care of...other things.

~o0o~

Leaving someone when you
love someone
Is the hardest thing to do
When you love someone as much
As I love you

~o0o~

"No, Jonas, I told you, it's over!" Sam slammed the phone down and leant against the wall for support. Catching sight of her face in a mirror, she grimaced. Most of bruises were gone now, but her ribs and the headaches that came out of nowhere still worried her.

Unplugging the phone, Sam threw the last of her gear into her bag and zipped it firmly shut. She had no idea how Jonas had gotten this number in the first place, but even if he did come round she wouldn't be here.

A glimmer of excitement shot through her. Tomorrow. Tomorrow she, Captain Samantha Carter, was going to another planet. Through the Stargate! A shiver of excitement ran up her spine. It dimmed slightly as she realised what this mission had cost her, but now that she was away from Jonas she began to realise that maybe, just maybe, this was for the better. Anything was better than being hit for no reason.

Blinking Sam realised she was already in her car and halfway down the block, heading in the wrong direction. Berating herself furiously for not paying attention, she carefully turned her car around and headed off in the right direction.

How stupid was that? Going the wrong direction. She'd better pay attention, she'd never last on that team if she didn't...Shit! She cursed silently as her attention was dragged back to the road by a horn being blown. Narrowly missing the car she sighed in relief. What was wrong with her? Why couldn't she pay attention?

She blinked again. Out of nowhere a truck appeared. She was vaguely aware of screaming and pressing her foot down on the breaks, but the crunch of metal meeting metal and shattering of plastic told her it was too late.

~o0o~

Oh I don't wanna leave you
Baby it tears me up inside
But I'll never be the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye.

~o0o~

Daniel smiled to himself as he stood in front of the wormhole. A wave of sympathy welled up inside of him as he thought about the poor soldier who'd been in the car accident. That poor soul was supposed to have been standing here as well, stepping through this watery wall of water to another world. Instead they were lying in a hospital bed, no one knowing whether they would wake up or not.

Still...Daniel felt a hand suddenly push him through, and he stumbled out at the otherside, nearly throwing up at the sensation.

'Oh God, that was terrible!' He thought to himself. 'Sarah would have loved it.'

* * *

Daniel glanced at the woman standing next to him....Sha're. She was beautiful...not like Sarah, a different kind of beauty.

"You sure?" Jack O'Neill asked him. Daniel studied the man, taking in the brown eyes that seemed to look a little more lively than when he'd first met him.

"Yeah." Daniel agreed.

Jack sighed and surveyed the people of Abydos around him. His eyes landed on Skaara...he reminded him of Charlie. Straightening his shoulders, Jack smiled and clapped Daniel on the shoulder.

"Take care." He told him and then was swallowed up by the wormhole.

Daniel put his arm around the narrow waist of his 'new wife' and turned to follow 'his' people out of the pyramid. Smiling, he kissed Sha're's cheek gently and revelled in the knowledge that he had been right, and here was someone. He caught sight of a star in the distance and smiled to himself. Maybe...maybe one day he'd go to earth again, but now home was here. On Abydos. With Sha're, Skaara and Kasuf. His family.

~o0o~

Baby it's never gonna work out
I love you, goodbye.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Finis!!

SO...feedback would be good. NO, I'm lying, it would be LOVED!!!

Part Two:

'At the Beginning'