samandjack.net

Story Notes: Category: Romance

Pairings: Jack/Sam

Spoilers: None

Season: Future Season

Sequel: None

Rating: G

Content Warnings: REALLY SAPPY!!! I apologize in advance.

Archive: Carterfic; SamandJack; Gateworld (under the pen name getcarter.)

Author's notes: Again, really sorry for the sappiness of this piece. I am surprised I'm posting but I figured if I like sappy stories, maybe others do too.


The waves crashing onto the moonlit beach was the only sound that punctuated the night as Samantha Carter stared into the darkness. Shivering slightly against the sudden chill, a pair of warm arms suddenly encircled her from behind.

Smiling softly, she leaned back into her husband's embrace. "I didn't mean to wake you" she whispered quietly.

"You didn't, I just sleep better when you're beside me" he answered matter of fact. He leaned down and gently kissed the top of her head, inhaling the scent of her shampoo.

"You ok?" He asked gently.

Sam sighed and when she spoke, her voice was barely a whisper. "I saw him today, at the wedding."

"I know, so did I"

"I hurt him so badly."

"He loved you, Sam. It's hard to see the woman you love marry someone else. But if he truly loves you, he'll want to see you happy. If even that means giving you up."

Sam turned in his embrace, burrowing her head into his chest. "Do you think he'll ever forgive me?"

He was quiet for a moment as he gathered his thoughts. "In time…..you're a hard person to hate." Even in the dim light, he could see the slight frown on her face.

"Hey" he gently placed one finger under her chin and tilted her head to look up into his face. "Any regrets?"

Sam's face twisted into a wry smile. "Are you kidding me?" she teased and then sobered. "You?"

He smiled at the uncertainty in her eyes. Even after all of these years she was still unaware of her hold over him.

"Sam, when I saw you walking down that aisle today….." his words faltered. Scrubbing his hand through his hair he tried once again to put his feelings into words.

"My grandmother had a favorite saying `Life is not measured in the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away'. Today was one of those days."

Blinking back a sheen of tears, Sam smiled and placed a gentle kiss to her husband's lips. "Why, Jack O'Neill, I had no idea you were such a romantic."

"I have my moments" Jack shrugged and then ran his hands lightly down Sam's bare arms.

"You ready to come back to bed, Mrs. O'Neill?" he asked waggling his eyebrows.

Feeling her heart soar at sound of her new name, Sam nodded and took her husband's hand in her own, the moonlight glinting off their wedding bands.

"Yes, Sir." She murmured huskily.

As they walked hand in hand to the bedroom, Sam felt a sense of peace wash over her. It had taken 8 long years and a few wrong turns to get to her destination, but she knew that she had finally found her way home.

TE