samandjack.net

Story Notes: Season of My Life 06: Authors Note: This is the final (for now) story in this series. I hope everyone has enjoyed the development of a romance between Jack and Sam over the course of theres stories. I do have another set of stories in vague outline form in the continueing sega but wanted to be able to write a few "stand alone" stories without leaving you guys waiting for the next chapter. So... here it is the Honeymoon !! Visit my site or the NC17 sites for a nc17 version of the honeymoon.

E-mail: fulinn28@ficwithfins.com

Website: www.ficwithfins.com (all of my stories can be found here)

Rating: PG-13 NC-17 version

Archive: Jackfic yes, Fanfiction.net yes, and Gateworld.net yes, SJD yes, all others please ask. NC17 Version is on my site, JackficNC17 and SamandJack NC17.

Pairings: Sam and Jack

Season: AU

Content Warnings: Some non-graphical descriptions of Marital Relations

Spoilers: None

Sequel / Series: 6th story in the Season of my Life Series

Copyright: (c) 2004 bonnie rose

Authors Notes: All feedback and suggestions welcome and will be answered. My muse has many more stories in store for us. Thank you to Su Freund, the best beta I could ask for, this story is so much better for her efforts and suggestions. All remaining errors are mine and mine alone.


*** Sam ***

Newly wed. I shake my head as I circulate among the guests; my eyes automatically seek out my husband as he too, wonders among our friends and family. I still find it hard to believe that I am married. I am Mrs. Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill. I will remain Major Dr. Samantha Carter in all military venues, but to the world around me I will be Mrs. O'Neill. I know my thoughts bring a dopey smile to my face but I don't care! No doubt the novelty of living with said husband will wear off rather quickly, although I have plenty of experience in handling high-maintenance Air Force Colonels.

During the course of these profound thoughts, I drift to a stop among my guests and within moments I felt a gentle hand come to rest on the small of my back. Turning my head just slightly I am met by my husbands dark brown eyes.

"Any thing wrong?" he inquires, his gaze never leaving mine.

"No, just thinking." I replied, knowing the moment that the words left my mouth that I had just opened myself up for some teasing.

"Really, Sam, you thinking? I'd never have guessed it!" His teasing tones echoing softly in my ear as he turned me into his arms. Enclosed within his arms, I feel so safe and loved, the loneliness of the years melting away, leaving only a renewed feeling of hope for our future.

Whispering softly in my ear, he asked "What were ya thinking about now?"

I smile up at him and tell him the truth "You, me and us. I can't wait to see where this new path will lead us."

Jack pulls back from me, studying me for just a moment before replying "As long as the road always leads me back to you, I don't worry much about tomorrow, only today."

With a sigh of utter contentment I settle back into his arms, swaying in time to the music as it plays in the banquet hall of the Officers Club at Petersons Air Force Base.

*** Jack ***

As weddings go I guess it was wonderful. Truth be told I can't remember any of it, I was so scared that something would happen to ruin it, that the actual ceremony is just a blur. However, I am sure that someone at the wedding will share their video taken during the ceremony and it will be waiting for us when we get home.

I know I look odd wondering about chatting here and there with the guests at the reception with a huge dopey grin on my face, but hey! I'm a newly married man to the most beautiful woman in the world so I'm entitled! I pause in the shadows for a moment my eyes wondering over the crowd till I spot Sam chatting with her brother and sister-in-law. I'm pleased for Sam that they finally agreed to attend the wedding so perhaps all is not lost and Sam will get the happy family she desperately wants.

I grin in anticipation of the honeymoon. Sam still has no idea where I'm taking her; the secrecy is driving her nuts but the honeymoon was my responsibility just as the wedding plan was hers. So she'll have to wait one more day. Our flight on America West from Colorado Springs to Cabo San Lucas Mexico won't leave until tomorrow at 11:55am. I've made arrangements for a place to stay here in the Springs even though we both have homes close by, but going home after this just seems wrong somehow. So the Bridal Suite of the Crescent Lily Inn had been reserved for our use.

The Crescent Lily Inn is a wonderful Victorian era Inn. Their bridal suite offers such amenities as a king sized bed in a room with a fire-place. The bath boasted a tub built for two causing me to grin in anticipation. A wonderful breakfast was included, then off to the airport.

Finally I look around wondering where my bride is and find her standing in the middle of the dance floor completely unaware of the guests swirling around her. I move across the floor coming to a silent stop beside her, my hand resting on the small of her back.

*** Jacob ***

I sigh as I sit at the bar, watching the different guests as they mingle together, some dancing while others sit in small groups chatting among themselves. My eyes follow my new son-in-law as he stops to speak to someone I don't recognize. While he may not have been my first choice for my daughter I suspect that he is the right one. The father in me fully recognizes that it's unlikely that ANY man would have been found to be the perfect man.

I realize from where I'm sitting that I can see both Sam and Jack as they move among their guests and to my surprise they both stop in thought at the same time. Curiously I look at my daughters face and I know that she is working through some very serious thoughts, looking back at Jack I instinctively know that he is contemplating the "after party" activities and my annoyance makes itself known.

"Jacob Jacob Jacob" A voice echoes in my mind "what do except him to be thinking of? A mating between your daughter and her chosen is the only way you and I will be grandparents again. Although it may take several attempts to successfully conceive the child."

"Selmac!" I think back to her "shut up now! I am her father, if you don't mind I don't need any mental pictures of her and Jack well you know.. Doing it."

I'm well aware that my symbiote takes great delight in winding me up and knows that any mention of my daughter and sex in the same thought is the fastest way to accomplish it.

Still.in all honesty I look forward to more grandchildren with great pleasure. I don't get to see my other grandkids very often, however I hope that Sam and Jack's will be available for me to spoil rotten.

*** Sam ***

The last dance has been called as midnight approaches. Jack and I stand together to thank our guests before heading out to the waiting limo. The door quietly closes and heads out into the city. The privacy glass has been closed and Jack is busy pouring another glass of Champaign for us. One glass I notice with a smile as he offers me the first sip.

He takes the next sip before setting it down and pulling me into passionate embrace as his lips descend on to mine. It's the first time we've been alone since the day before the wedding and I've missed him tremendously.

During the many months of our relationship Jack has made it a personal mission to discover every erogenous zone in my body. I bring my hands up around his neck to pull his face as close as possible to me; I never want him to leave not even for a moment.

*** Jack ***

I sigh as the car comes to a halt. Even though it was just a twenty minute drive from the base to the Inn I had left instructions that our driver was to take at least forty five minutes to an hour to arrive at our destination, I found it hard to believe that so much time has passed so quickly. Guess its true that time flies when you're having fun.

Sitting back we take a moment to settle our selves, sipping the Champaign and catching our breath.

Finally I grasp the handle of the door to open it, only to have the driver immediately take over for me as I offer Sam my hand to assist her exit from the car. Tipping the driver and reminding him that we would be expecting him at 10:00 am for the trip to the airport, I turn and follow my bride into the Inn.

Having all of the registration work done days ago, I simply pull the key to our suite from my pocket and lead Sam up to our room. I nod in satisfaction as I gaze around our room, the bed has been turned down for us and a fire glows warmly in the hearth. In the background I can hear the sound of the whirl pool burbling and bubbling waiting for us to sink into its warmth.

I turn to look at Sam and realize that tears are running down her cheeks, I take a single step towards her, to envelop her in my arms safe and secure. I speak soothingly as the stresses of the day finally catch up with her. Gently I lead her to the bed urging her to lie down.

I return to the small table in front of the fireplace pouring yet another glass of wine and picking a selection of fruit, cheese and crackers for us to nibble on. Bringing my spoils to the bed I set them down between us and slowly we finish our repast amid frequent touches and gentle murmurs.

Gently I reach forward and begin to unbutton her blouse, gently pushing it back from her shoulders. Sam stands up allowing the cloth to drop as I move around behind her, unzipping her skirt, listening as it falls, pooling around her feet. My hands rest for a moment on her shoulders before pushing the straps of her bra off and unclasping the back. I turn Sam around to face me, to see her eyes closed as she totally enjoyed the sensations I am creating, kneeling before her I carefully pick up her foot resting it on my bent knee as I reach up her thigh to unclasp her garters allowing the last item of clothing to slip from her body.

I undress quickly with Sam's help standing nude together, seeing each other not for the first time, but the first time as man and wife.

Gently I take her hand and lead her to the waiting tub of hot scented water.

*** Sam ***

I settle into the contoured tub stretching out my tired and aching limbs. We sit facing each other for a moment, sipping on the bottled water that waited beside the tub. I reach beside me to grasp one of his feet, pulling it into my lap. I begin a gentle foot massage, working each toe, the arch and the heel each moan and groan from my husband only encourages me more. I know the effort it has taken him, not the most social of men, to be surrounded by people all day, the pressure of the wedding was over now and he needed to relax as much as I did.

As I work the other foot, keeping an eye on Jack that he did not slip so far down that he drowns, I wonder about the upcoming honeymoon. Tonight was just the beginning as three more weeks at a mysterious location begins tomorrow. I grin as I think of all of the teasing I've endured as Jack put all the finishing touches on our trip. Each time I asked if I could help, I was politely turned away. All Jack would say was to pack for sun and surf; no other details were forth coming.

I glance at the small clock discreetly placed on the vanity watching as the minute hand creeps towards 2:00 am. Gently I lean forward nudging my new husband.

*** Jack ***

I wake with a start! Damn, I fell asleep?!

"Sam, honey I'm so sorry." I scramble to sit up a little, glancing over at my wife. I realize that she is doing her best not to laugh when a little giggle slips out.

"Jack it's ok, honest I'm as tired as you are." I watch her suspiciously for a moment before nodding my head in agreement.

"Ok then a big comfy bed awaits us." I help her to step from the tub admiring her body as she reaches for a towel.

Sam leans back, the back of her head resting between my jaw and shoulder, opening up her neck to my lips.

With some urgency I push her forwards towards the waiting bed; to many times today I have been ready and willing to make love to my wife only to miss the opportunity. We stumble to the bed rolling on to it. My mouth latches on to hers, our tongues pushing into one mouth and then the other.

Her breathing quickens and before long she is falling over the edge, till finally the trembling subsides.

*** Sam ***

I hear him speaking, something we have not felt the need for since arriving here, "I'm sorry Sam, this may end kinda quick here."

I open my eyes, meeting his dark brown ones, "That's fine; there's no need to wait." I reach forward to hold him close and feel his body shudder in release.

We drop off to sleep, entwined in each others arms, out of harm's way.

*** Jack ***

Thankfully four hours of sleep is enough for me most days. I slip from the bed just as the clock chimed 06:30 am. Making a quick call to the front desk for a pot of coffee I watch the sun finally rise above the trees. Sunrises and Sunsets are such a wonderful thing to watch they seem to heal the soul of the day's troubles. A lite tap at the door signals the arrival of fresh coffee. Opening the door the server enters wishing me a good morning, as he places a breakfast tray on the small table before the fireplace. The tray is adorned with a single red rose, two croissants with jam and fresh coffee. Neatly folded beside the fare is today's paper. Pouring my coffee I go out onto the balcony with my paper relishing the moment of solitude.

I didn't have to wait long before slim pair of arms encircles my neck, a sweet kiss planted on the side of my neck. Sam joins me at the table with the tray; we sit quietly enjoying the lite breakfast.

*** Sam ***

Even with only four hours or so of sleep I feel fully refreshed, joining Jack on the private balcony with the breakfast tray we enjoy our time. Setting my coffee cup down I stand up, and taking Jacks hand I lead him back into the bath; time for a shower before we head downstairs to a full breakfast.

Dropping my robe to the floor I glance at Jack giving him a big smile as he watches my every move. His body gives away his thoughts as I bend over to turn on the water. The huge shower sports two shower heads and I turn them both on.

*** Jack ***

I figure she'll have killed me by the time we get back from the honeymoon, just with physical desire alone.

I step into the shower behind her, and filling my hand with a fragrant body wash I begin to wash her body. My hands slip and slid over all the planes of her body, the sharper angles of her elbows to the swell of her breast and down to her hips. I direct her under the spray to rinse the soap from her body; I bend down slightly to kiss her deeply.

*** Sam ***

I hold him close for a moment before I begin to wash his body, the soap suds washing down the drain as we finish up in the shower. My hands seek out and glide over the various scars that adorn his body. A testament to the lonely soldiers' life he has led in the past. I lean forward placing a kiss at the base of his neck enticing a load moan of pleasure as my kisses continue to rain down on his chest along with the flowing water. With my eyes closed all of my senses are focused on Jack's reactions to me, his scent, and the sounds of his pleasure the growing trembling in his limbs as his body reacts to my touch.

His head is thrown back against the shower tiles as his body seeks out mine, looking for the release and pleasure that it knows awaits it. Gladly I provide him with the release he is searching for reveling in the power I hold over this man. Smiling as I stretch up to meet his kiss, I thank god that I have found him and made him mine.

Feeling clean and refreshed from our joint shower, we step out and towel dry. We fight for the mirror, I to dry my hair and my husband to shave. With some jostling and threats we manage to get our teeth brushed and hair combed into a semblance of order before going out to get dressed.

I slowly turn around as it occurs to me that I have no clean clothes to change into, we had worn the dressy reception clothing to the Inn, slept in the nude and now I had nothing clean to change into. I turn towards the bathroom ready to point out this one small oversight of Jacks only to find him standing before the closet with an overnight bag in his hand.

*** Jack ***

I grin in delight as I watch the realization steal over Sam's face that she had no idea where any clothing is. Much as I enjoy seeing her standing in the middle of the room in the nude I know we need to get going in order to meet our plane on time.

Opening the closet door, I pull out an over night bag pack with comfortable jeans, t-shirts and light jackets for our flight to Mexico. Placing the bag on the bed we quickly dress, throwing our dirty clothes into the bag and zipping it shut.

Daniel had promised to pick up the bag up for us later in the day. Our luggage for the honeymoon was already in the trunk of the limo.

With a quick glance around the room we head down to breakfast, hand in hand.

After a hearty breakfast, we step out onto the front lawn of the Inn, strolling around the grounds until our limo pulls into the driveway. The driver opens the door for us and we settle in for our drive to the airport.

*** Sam ***

I don't know why it amazes me that everything is going so smoothly, Jack is a master planner and strategist and it shows in the clock work precision of the honeymoon.

Arriving at the airport the limo drivers stops in front of America West airlines. Jack steps out of the limo, handing me out to the curb. The driver and skycap assist Jack in removing our luggage from the limo and getting it checked in for the flight. Since America West flies all over the world via connecting flights at various hubs, I still have no clue where we are off to for our honeymoon.

*** Jack ***

I glance up at the monitors inside the terminal checking on the status of our flight. I was delighted to see it was still on time. Taking Sam by the hand we stroll along the wide isle, looking at the various gift shops and take out restaurants. I grin at Sam, as she asks me again where we are going.

Finally we turn into the waiting area of gate 32, Sam immediately looks at the ticket counter reading the sign which states "Phoenix AZ".

Sam turns to me "Phoenix? That's where you're taking me for a honeymoon. Phoenix AZ?"

"Sure!" I replied in total innocence "what's wrong with Phoenix?"

"Nothings wrong with it" Sam explains to me "I'm sure it'll be just fine"

I grin as I watch her face as she tries to cover up her disappointment.

*** Sam ***

The flight to Phoenix was uneventful; Jack and I sat side be side, our hands clasped together.

It was a fairly short flight however we were seated towards the rear of the plane a blanket spread over our laps. I slipped my hand under the blanket, gently running my hand over Jack's thigh my fingers gliding along the inseam of his trousers.

I feel him smile against my neck as his attentions bring out the need to squirm in my seat as I felt my desire grow.

The flight attendants leave us alone and before we knew it they are announcing our arrival in Phoenix.

*** Jack ***

Oh god! The feel of her hand as it runs up the inside of my leg is driving me nuts. As we sit in our seats a thought begins to form in my mind. I turn over all the angles trying to decide if Sam would be willing to join me in a fairly exclusive club; The Mile High Club.

Resting my head on her shoulder, nibbling occasionally on her ear I whispered to her my idea. I can feel her tense up slightly as she listens to me describing my idea to make love to her on an airplane as we head to our final destination.

As I draw my face away from hers to get a look at her face I'm once again reminded of how lucky I am to have her as my wife. I shake my head in awe that of all the men who had ever expressed an interest in her, and make no mistake I know I'm not the first or the only one, she chose me.

*** Sam ***

I turn my head towards Jack still thinking over his desire to make love to me in relatively plain view of a plane full of people. The devil in me finally lets loose and I grin my big wide eyed grin, which never fails to melt Jack's heart, spreads across my face.

"Ok" I said in a whisper "If a good time comes up we'll try." Even if that chance never comes true the look of pure delight on Jack's face makes the risk worth while. I swear that the anticipation of sex in a plane has taken ten years of Jack's face instantaneously.

Shortly the announcement came over the loud speaker that we'd be landing in Phoenix in just a few minutes so all tables and seats need to be in their upright and locked positions.

After landing we made a bit of a dash to our connecting flight where I learn that our final destination was Cabo San Lucas Mexico. While we wait for the flight to board, Jack fills me in on all the details for our visit.

*** Jack ***

I'm still in shock that Sam has agreed to join me in a fling on the plane so we can be come members of the Mile High Club. I'm fast learning that my new wife is not so innocent as I'd thought, which I'm sorta grateful for.

I sit down beside Sam telling her all about the small hotel I found in Cabo called Casa Rafael. Rafael's is only a hundred yards from the best beach in town and within easy walking distance to the downtown district.

After a short wait our flight is called and Sam and I head for the jet way to board.

Once we are on board and the plane taxis away from the building, I look around the plane noting that is only three quarters full. Many of the seats in the rear of the plane are empty which makes it ideal for the entertainment portion of the flight.

*** Sam ***

As I settle into my window seat I glance around the plane noting that it has a few empty rows towards the back of the plane. I lean over a bit to whisper in my husband's ear.

"Hey what do you think about moving back a few rows after we take off? Give ourselves a little more privacy." I whisper directly into Jack's ear, my lips brushing across the outside of his ear causing him to shiver in anticipation.

*** Jack ***

It does not take long for the aircraft to gain altitude and begin its flight towards Mexico. Meals were not included on this flight but they did offer drinks and a light snack that both Sam and I polished off quickly.

Quietly we both rose from our seats and grabbing a couple of blankets we moved to an unoccupied row towards the back. We still had a few "neighbors" but they were not immediately in our line of sight.

Settling back in our new seats, we spread the blankets across our laps, tucking one end of the blank over Sam's shoulder. Pushing the arm rest up out of the way, I turn towards her and begin nuzzling her neck.

*** Sam ***

I feel a thrill go up my back as Jack nibbles along my neck and jaw line. Latching on to his lips my arms slip around behind his head holding him to me as closely as I possibly can.

Jack nimble hands were busy with the buttons on my blouse, as he popped each one free from its buttonhole; he gave a little flick with his tongue to my tongue causing my insides to quiver in anticipation.

I'm feeling more and more aroused as Jack continues to kiss me, his fingers ever busy under the blanket. I take a deep breath trying to remain outwardly calm should anyone glance our way.

I think its just about time for us to make as discrete a trip as possible to the lavatory a few rows back.

Looking over Jacks shoulder I can see that the sign over the bathroom door announces that it's free. Gently I move away form my lovers roaming hands, straightening my clothes. As ready as I can possibly be, I rise up from my seat and bend over to whisper in his ear "follow me as soon as you're ready".

*** Jack ***

I lean back in my seat, trying rather unsuccessfully to get my breathing under control. Looking down into my lap I wonder how exactly I'm going to be able to stand up in a public place.easy for Sam to get all "hot and bothered" and then stand up, however, the same can't be said for me.

Adjusting my trousers I stand up, pulling my jacket around to help hide the rather obvious bulge running down my pants leg. Once again I check on the other passengers, all of them, as well as the flight attendants, are engrossed in the movie that's playing so none of them are interested in the two newlyweds in the back row.

Rising from my seat I head to the lavatory where I know that Sam waits for me.

*** Sam ***

I enter the small bathroom, knowing I'll have a few minutes to look around as poor Jack has to calm down enough to stand up and walk back here.

The sink is to my right set into a small counter top. A mirror covers most of the wall above the sink reflecting back my flushed face and wide blue eyes. I can't believe that I'm going to go through with this.

I unbutton my blouse, looking at my body in the mirror, arching my back to make my assets stand up just a bit. Jack rarely fails to tell me how much he loves my body. Quickly I remove my sandals and jeans, leaving just a scrap of red lace covering my privates.

A knock at the door draws my attention to the man waiting outside, double checking that it really is Jack, I unlock the door allowing him to join me.

*** Jack ***

I knock at the door, calling softly to Sam "Honey, it's me open up!" within moments I hear the lock open and pulling the door open I swiftly step inside. What a sight greets me.

Standing with one foot up on the lid of the closed toilet is basically a naked Sam. Turning slightly towards me I take in the little scrap of red lace covering her privates, leaving it to my imagination to remember what everything looks like.

My mouth has gone dry and I swear all the blood in my body has descended in a rapid fashion into my lower body, which has become impossibly hard. So much so that it is truly aching to be freed.

Thankfully the door swung shut behind me as my eyes roamed from the wide blue eyes to the partially opened lips, continuing down over Sam's body to linger over her lovely and surprisingly delicate ankles.

I step forward closing the space between us, ever aware that someone else might have need of the bathroom, taking my wife into my arms for a kiss, to end all kisses.

Sam's arm encircled my head, the other dropping down to caress my body through my trousers.

The sound of the zipper being lowered was loud in my ears as my breathing echoed around me in this small room.

*** Sam ***

All my hopes were answered as Jack slipped into the room to join me. His gaze lingered on my body from the top of my blond hair to the red painted toe nails, his hunger apparent.

I settle into his arms, our lips locking together as our tongues run over each others lips before finding their way inside.

We were both ready for more and shifting my position slightly I was able to rub my body against Jacks causing him to moan, the sound causing me some concern as it sounded so like a moan of pain. However one look into his eyes and I understand that the moan was of pain, but the good kind, the kind we could fix very easily.

*** Jack ***

Looking into her face I try to memorize the expression on her face as her eyes and lips provide me with clues as to her readiness.

I take my job very seriously and have made it a life's work to know every place on my wife's body that can bring her joy. I draw her into my arms, encouraging her to lean on my chest as she nears her climax.

Suddenly she stills completely, her breath sounding loud in my ear. I made sure to continue to support her weight as she leans against me I rest my head for a moment against her blond head, before hearing her whisper.

"Jack?" She whispers against my ear, "It's time."

*** Jack ***

I grin in delight, "Really? Time for what?" I just have to push her, just a bit. "For this" came her soft reply as she begins to make love to me. After all of the anticipation, we join the Mile High Club with a flourish. Leaning forward she kissed me gently; our bodies spent, our love still strong.

*** Sam ****

Reluctantly I stand up, a feeling of emptiness where I was once full comes over me.

Looking into his face I start to laugh at his goofy grin. Shaking my head I look around for my clothes, feeling a little chilly now that all the activity has come to a stop.

"Ok Mister, time for you to clean up" I state as I hand him a tissue. I place my watch back on my wrist noting that although for me time is passing very slowly, in reality only ten minutes has passed.

I glance at Jack as I finish buttoning up my blouse, my last article of clothing and see that he is watching me as I finish dressing. Laughing at him I poke my tongue out which only serves to encourage his look of desire.

Shaking my head at him, I open the door and slip quietly back to my seat.

Moments later Jack slides into the seat beside me, and taking my hand in his kisses it gently.

Leaning my head on his shoulder we both slip into a quite, contented doze.

*** Jack ***

Its only 5:45pm as we finally land at Los Cabos International Airport, near San Jose Del Cabo which is about an hours drive from Cabo San Lucas our final destination.

Sam and I walk hand in hand down to the baggage claim area, our Tourist Cards safely tucked away. Grabbing our bags off the carousel, I lead Sam to the rental car agents.

I take a moment to fill out the necessary paperwork for the rental SUV, including Mexican Road Insurance, since my US insurance is invalid here. Picking up the keys, map and our bags we head out to the curb to claim our vehicle.

I pull out on to the highway heading south for Cabo San Lucas. As we leave the city behind us the roads become very narrow with large washed out sections requiring me to keep my full attention on the unfamiliar roads.

The scenery is breath taking as we travel through the country side, stopping twice to allow free range cattle to cross the road ahead of us. Traveling through a small village we made a quick stop for a couple of bottles of water and the opportunity to fill our gas tank. It can be dangerous to travel these highways without adequate gasoline as many stations are closed or have no fuel to sell.

We start the last leg of our journey as soon as possible, for our safety I want to be in Cabos San Lucas before dark. Although Sam and I are able to take care of ourselves in most situations, it is unwise to travel unfamiliar roads in somewhat remote locations after dark.

*** Sam ***

The drive through the Mexican countryside is relaxing and I find myself dozing off. It's been a busy week for Jack and I and I admit I'm relieved that shortly we will be in our hotel with three wonderful weeks of rest and relaxation before we return home and face the work of combining our two homes into one.

Rousing myself from my catnap I realize that we are pulling into a small village. I'm eager for the opportunity to walk about the main street, buying a couple of bottles of water for Jack and I while he's getting the vehicle fueled up. The Mexican people that I meet are very friendly, point out stores where local artisans have set up shop, excitedly calling to me to inspect their wares.

As I look over a beautifully woven blanket I feel Jack's arms slip around me, urging me out of the store and back to the SUV. My offer to drive for a while to give Jack a break is gently turned down and soon we are back on the road.

It seems like only a short time later that we are pulling off the highway and onto the main street of Cabos San Lucas heading for the hotel Casa Rafael's. I'm starving and look forward to a nice dinner at the hotel. Jacks description of the four different restaurants near our hotel has made my choice difficult but after the long day we've had I settle for the casual Poolside room.

*** Jack ***

Thankfully we don't have much further to go the gentlemen at our last stop gave me detailed instructions on how to find the hotel and assuring me that we had less than thirty minutes of driving left.

Checking in at the front desk the clerk welcomes us to his hotel, taking a key he shows us to our room. The hotel itself is small only having ten rooms, but offers a pool with sun deck, a fully stocked library with a pool table, twenty-four hour security and four on site restaurants, piano bar and finally a fine cigar room. The landscaping surrounding the hotel is full of tropical birds, the fountain with beautiful fish darting here and there.

Tipping the clerk and sending him on his way, I drop the bags on the floor. Looking around for Sam I found her lying stretched out on the bed already half asleep, recognizing a good idea when I see one, I join her for a short nap before dinner.

*** Sam ***

I feel exhausted now that the trip is over and I can relax. As Jack tips the clerk and chats with him a moment as I brush past them to gaze out the window. The view of the small city is wonderful as it sprawls out below our room, the pool sparkles below the window.

Turning from the window I sit down on the bed to wait for Jack, only to find myself drifting down to rest full length on the bed. As my thoughts drift, it occurs to me that Jack is speaking fluent Spanish with the clerk. Since when had he been able to do that?

I'm determined to stay awake to ask him, but end up losing the battle as my eyes drift shut.

I awake to find the room in semi-darkness, my husbands soft snores in my ear as he sleeps beside me. Rising quietly I find we've been asleep for an hour. I take a moment to use the bathroom before waking Jack for dinner.

*** Jack ***

I hear Sam calling me and I roll over onto my back, blinking sleep from my eyes I note that the room is considerably darker than when I laid down.

Looking at my watch I discover that during my little cat nap over an hour has past. Standing up and stretching my full six plus feet I feel Sam's arms wrap around me in a wonderfully warm embrace.

Taking a moment to freshen up in the bathroom, we head down stairs for dinner. We are lucky to get a table poolside without having to wait, the restaurant is about half full as the peak tourist season won't start up for about another month.

After dinner, I lead Sam the hundred yards or so to the Medano beach, a popular sandy beach right in front of the hotel. Walking along the surf, hand in hand with my wife I realize that I am truly happy for the first time in many many years. I am content with myself and where I am in my life. Many uncertainties still lay before me, but at least I'm no longer facing them alone.

*** Sam ***

The casual atmosphere of the Poolside dinner was perfect, the genuine Mexican cuisine was beautifully prepared and we both enjoyed our meals. I glance over at my husband as we finish our dessert although we had chatted some during dinner he's been very quite.

I've always known that Jack's not a big talker - he makes a lot of noise sometimes but not over anything important. I've learned that I have to pay attention both with my ears and with my eyes learning to read his body language is as important as listening to his words. His body language tends to give me much more accurate information on his emotional state than any long diatribe he might actually speak.

After dinner Jack suggests a walk along the beach to help settle our dinner. As we cross the short distance the sound of the surf reaches my ears along with the loud calls of sea birds in search of their own dinner.

Walking hand in hand, I wait patiently for Jack to give me a clue about where his thoughts are tonight. His silence could be just from being tired, it has been a long and very busy couple of days for us.

Careful not to stray to far from the lights of the hotel, in the rapidly advancing dark, Jack finally stops walking and draws me into his arms. The kiss he gives me is gentle and full of promise. Breaking the contact for a moment he leans his forehead against mine, drawing me even closer to him protected with in the circle of his arms. Softly I hear him whisper to me.

"Thank you. I have never felt so happy or as content as I do right now here with you Sam. You'll never fully understand how much you mean to me. I never ever expected a second chance at a family and certainly never thought you'd be the one, even if I've dreamed of you every night since we met. So thank you."

Jack fell silent as we stood together on the sandy beach, the surf rushing towards us only to fall short at the last minute.

I hug him back as tightly as I could. There was nothing for me to say at this point, it was his moment. I have some idea of what this means to him, the chance to have a normal family life with a wife and maybe someday, if we very, very fortunate, children.

*** Jack ***

I'm so grateful that Sam didn't say anything after my little speech. I'd been thinking about it the whole drive down and going over it again and again during dinner. I want so much to tell her what she means to me, what this second chance means to me but I tend to be a man of actions rather than a man of words. However, I want to make the effort even if it falls short of what I want to say.

Thankfully my wife seems to understand this and accepts that I'll never be a "talker" but sometimes the words tumble out of my mouth and sometimes when that happens I get it right. Tonight, here on this beach with this woman in my arms I got it right. And so did she.

I pull away from her embrace, slipping my arm around her guiding her back to the hotel as my weary body answers to the call for rest. Entering our room we retire for the night.

*** Sam ***

I could really get used to this, quite mornings sipping coffee in our room before joining the other guests for breakfast downstairs.

Our three weeks of bliss were coming to an end slowly but surely. We are leaving tomorrow for home and then we'll be moving furniture between our two homes, settling into married life in one and renting the other one as a real estate investment.

I sigh in contentment as the late afternoon sun beats down on me. It feels wonderful to lie in the sand listening to children playing nearby.

We've had a wonderful time here spending time together sightseeing up and down the coast. We'd had fun driving highway nineteen to Todos Santos through the mountains and along the rugged pacific coast line. Visiting the local artisans and browsing through their handmade furniture. Sitting on the beach we watched the locals surfing. I spent a good deal of time talking Jack out of joining them; I can just picture his back and knees after an afternoon of surfing!

*** Jack ***

The rocking of the deep sea fishing boat was enough to lull me into a bit of a trance. I take another sip of my beer as I go over the last couple of weeks.

One of our longer trips had been the drive north to La Paz which had originally served as a pirate hide-away. We stayed late into the evening shopping and enjoying a wonderful seafood dinner. Then walking along the beach we were treated to a magnificent sunset for which La Paz is justifiably famous.

I smile at the memories of all the time spent together and yet we had the ability to allow some freedom as well. I have spent today alone as I fish the ocean for Marlin while Sam took advantage of an opportunity to go horseback riding in the morning and visit a day spa during the afternoon. I'm looking forward to meeting up with her for dinner later in the evening.

After changing my clothes I join Sam in the Ocean Room, an intimate dining room boasting one of Mexico's largest salt water aquariums. After dinner came my last great indulgence while honeymooning. I got to tour the private humidors of the Cigar Room and have the chance to enjoy a fine Cuban cigar from such famous cigar houses as Monte Cristo or Cohida.

Later I'll join Sam in the Piano Bar for a little late night dancing, enjoying the antics of Fruit and Loop the resident live toucans.

*** Sam ***

All too soon it's time to board the plane for the flight home. Much as I've loved my honeymoon, it seems to be time to go home. I can't wait to move all of my things into Jacks house, well really our house now, and settle into married life.

It really wasn't much of a choice on which house we'd be living in once we came home, Jacks house is much larger than mine and in a wonderful family neighborhood. I sigh knowing that that particular consideration might not be necessary if we don't end up having any kids. However, Jacks already a favorite with all of the kids in the neighborhood, regardless if they are his or not. I've learned through the years that Jack is drawn to any child that comes into his life and the attraction is mutual.

I'm grateful that all of the decisions on what to move from my house into Jacks has already been made. Janet and I sat up one night just before the wedding and killed a good bottle of wine discussing which things were important to me and which things I could easily leave behind for the tenants to use once we rent the house out. Luckily for me Jack is not attached to any of his furnishings. The duplicate things from his house, such as the china cabinet in his dining room, which is being replace with my mothers china closet that means so much to me, will be moved over to my old house.

*** Jack ***

I feel great! Well rested and ready to save the world again. It's going to get real busy for me now at the SGC. Prior to my leaving for this trip, a planet has finally been selected for the new beta site. I've been scouting various planets now for months and I finally found one that's meets all the requirements for Earths needs. The President has given the SGC the authority to organize Earth's first colony in space. The draw back of course is if I'm given command of the base, I'll be living off world while Sam remains here on Earth splitting her time between the SGC and the Groom Lake Facility.

The plane banks sharply as it prepares to land in Colorado Springs, its always wonderful to take a trip, especially one like I've just been on, but its also a relief to come home again, even if that means spending a couple of days moving furniture back and forth across town.

*** Janet ***

I watch anxiously for their plane to touch down. It's such a relief to all of us who know the sacrifices that Sam and Jack have made for their country to finally see them together and so much in love.

A surprise awaits them when they get home tonight, as Daniel and I have finally finished moving all of the items between the two houses with the help of various SG teams. I've had this planned for weeks now; ever since the night Sam and I shared a bottle of wine at her old house.

We cried together over the loss of her mom and how Sam wished she was here to help with her wedding. Sam had tears trailing down her face as she told me stories of how she helped her mom set the holiday table with the china in her china cabinet. I sat on the couch sipping my wine as Sam showed me the lovely dishes so carefully stored away.

So over the course of the evening I had Sam point out all of the things she couldn't bear to leave behind and explain clearly for me where in Jack's house she planned to put them. Luckily Sam had already discussed the move with Jack and received his complete support. When Jack got divorced he'd left all of his furnishings with Sara, bring only a few things of Charlie's to his new home. He assured Sam that none of his furniture held any sentimental value to him so she had free reign to move or exchange anything she wanted.

Daniel joined me at the gate as their flight was announced and we waited for the return of our friends.

*** Sam ***

Thank god the flight is over, with nothing to distract Jack on the way home, I thought the flight would never end! I've forgotten what its like to be locked up with this man for any length of time even with the movie, his Gameboy and magazines it was difficult to keep him in his seat. In the end I turned him loose on an unsuspecting plane and ignored him as he paced up and down the aisle. Finally he found a playmate a few rows behind us in the body of an eight year old and a pack of cards. The two of them spent the rest of the flight playing Slap Jack and Go Fish. I think the boy's mom and I were equally delighted with the arrangement.

Finally we exited the plane and I'm delighted to see Daniel and Janet waving from the back of the crowed and quickly make my way over to them. Letting go of Jack's hand I pull Janet into a big hug giving Daniel a big smile over her shoulder.

*** Jack ***

I turn around looking for my friend Tommy, a young boy I'd met on the flight home, catching his eye I wave good bye as Sam pulls me by the hand towards our waiting friends. It occurs to me that Tommy and I are very much a like, as I watch his mom take him by the hand and lead him towards his waiting grandparents.

Its good to be home and my grin stretches from one side of my face to the other as I shake Daniels hand, and then at the last moment pull him into a hug. A man has few good friends in his life that stand by you no matter what, and through the years these two wonderful and understanding people have certainly proved to me to the definition of friendship.

Giving Janet a welcoming hug as well, we all head down to baggage claim to pickup our suitcases. Then a short thirty minute ride or so and we'll be home.

Pulling into the driveway, my exhaustion from the trip creeps on me and I sigh a bit louder than I meant to drawing a concerned look from Sam. I wave her concern away with a smile and grab our bags thankful once again for marrying a woman who knows how to pack only what she really needed.

*** Sam ***

I unlock the front door, only to be grabbed from behind by my husband, whose hands are suddenly empty of the suitcases he'd been carrying only moments before, placing his hands just so, he swings me up into his arms to carry me across the threshold of our home. Gently setting me down in the dining room he bends his down to kiss me sweetly, before realizing that I'm paying him no attention.

Breaking the kiss, I walk over to the china cabinet that sits so innocently in the corner of the room. It's my moms; I'd know it anywhere the beautiful plates sit proudly on display behind the glass breakfront. Taking a moment to wonder from room to room I note the pictures on the mantle of my brother and his family, the lamp in the corner among other things. Jack, Janet and Daniel trailing along behind me, as I find all of the things that I had planned to move tomorrow all ready here, placed just as I'd imagined them.

Turning to face my friends I looked at them in wonder, my tired face lit with love.

"You two did this for us?" I ask Janet and Daniel. Their grin is blinding, they look as pleased as I feel.

"Yeah" Daniel assures me, a shy duck of his shielding his embarrassment at my gratitude. "We just figured you guys would be tired when you got home so all the different SG teams kicked in some manpower and got the job done. This way you'll have another week to relax here with out all the work of moving the furniture all around. We got the other house squared away as well, the furniture all moved and the house is cleaned up. A couple of SG guys have expressed an interest in renting it; I left their names and numbers on the dining room table."

I moved over to him and placed a gentle kiss on his cheeks "Thank you." I glance over to Janet in time to see Jack doing the same thing, speaking softly to her in expressing his gratitude over their thoughtfulness.

*** Jack ***

I didn't catch on right away, but the look on Sam's face as she realized that her furniture was here in the house already was priceless. No doubt this will help her to see this as her home now as well.truly our home now.

Sam leads our friends into the living room while I get out the bottle of Champagne that I'd left in the fridge. Thankful that Daniel had not forgotten my last minute request to get some cheese, crackers and fruit for us to nibble on when we got home.

Bringing all of the refreshments into the living room we gave a toast to good friends and unknown adventures that await us through the Stargate.

TE