samandjack.net

Story Notes: Pairing: S/J

Content Warnings: None. Or maybe some. You decide. ;-)

Season: Future

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJD yes, SJFic, Helio, my site and LJ. All others please ask.

Feedback: Would love it, along with constructive suggestion, but they are not required.

Notes: I really should stop planning these fic things. Seriously. Written, beta'd, and posted to LJ in a few hours. Thanks to Tammy for the beta as well as the title, and to Julie W. for some content ideas.


They had just gotten in line when Sam spied something in Jack's basket.

"Um, Jack?"

"Hmmm?" he responded, his eyes never leaving the rows of specialty magazines complete with dubious advertisements for men's erectile dysfunction medications.

"Do you really think we'll need that many?"

"That many what?" He moved a little to check the magazines around the corner.

She reached into the basket, picked up the item and shook it. Ah, that got his attention. He quickly turned towards her, grabbed the box and placed it back where she had taken it from.

"Would you stop that? People may notice."

"Notice what, Jack? The box shaking or you freaking out?"

"You know what I mean." He went back to checking out the racks full of spontaneous purchase items.

This was too good. "Honestly, anyone who took one look at us would realize we're doing it. At least we're being safe and wearing protection."

He leaned into her personal space and lowered his voice to a whisper. "I don't care if they know we're being safe, it's just something I don't want advertised that we're involved in, okay?" He looked around to make sure no one was staring.

"Well, okay, but are you still sure we're going to need that many? Wouldn't two work? I think I saw a smaller box of them just to the right of that one. Maybe I should take this back and get it before we get to the register."

His voice remained a whisper. "Yes, I'm sure. Why? Don't you think we'll be able to do it that many times?"

"I don't know. You think you have the energy for it?"

"Sure. I do. More than enough."

Sam stared at him, disbelief written all over her face. After a bit she finally relented. "All right, we'll buy them, but if we don't end up using them all.."

"We will," Jack interrupted.

"..then I reserve the right to remind you of this when we pass the six month mark," Sam finished.

Jack eyed her suspiciously and took the opportunity to sweep his eyes up and down her form. She took advantage of the moment as well, turning her head slightly to level her gaze at his crotch. Nothing like a mutual visual groping session. He couldn't wait until that ass was in front of him wiggling while she concentrated on her next move.

Finally, in her peripheral vision, Sam saw him nod and lifted her eyes to his. She couldn't help but smile in victory. "So," she changed the subject slightly, "did you remember to bring your balls?"

"Uh huh. They're in the truck."

She thought for a moment. "I didn't see them. Are you sure you have them in your truck?"

"I'm sure."

"So, what color are they?"

"Orange."

"You have orange balls?" She made sure to look as shocked as possible.

"Yes, why? Would you have preferred my balls to be another color?"

"No. I always thought you'd have liked your balls to be blue." "Blue balls. Ha. Very funny. I'll have you know that Daniel, Teal'c and I did this once last summer, and I don't ever recall them having an issue about the color of my balls."

"I'm neither Daniel nor Teal'c," she reminded him.

"Yes, I've noticed. A long, long time ago." She caught him staring at her ass and hips once more.

She ignored the way he licked his lips. "Oh look, I think it's our turn."

They smiled in unison at the cashier, and after making their purchases, headed outdside. Just before they got to his truck, he turned to her, handed her the box of goggles and said, "I hope you know this is the last time I ever invite you to play Paintball."

-fin-