samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: rdagate@gmail.com

Spoilers: Season 8

Archive: SJD, yes

Feedback: That would be awesome.


General Jack O'Neill was sitting at his desk, looking at the humungous pile of paperwork, that was waiting for him. He *so* hated the desk job. Just as he was finished signing the third report, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." he replied to the knock

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter entered the door and waited for her CO to acknowledge her presence.

"Ah, Carter. What can I do for you?" he asked his 2IC.

She replied "It's time to leave, Sir. To P3X-275."

"Oh. Peace treaty, right?"

"Yes Sir."

"I'll be in the gateroom in 15."

She nodded and left. Jack raised himself from his chair and went to the locker room. The Gebranians, the people they were signing the peace treaty with, were by Carter's and Daniel's opinion a highly advanced race, 50 years ahead of Earth. They were willing to trade, which was kinda weird for Jack, so he decided to keep his eyes open. He quickly assembled his gear and headed to the gateroom. The gate was already active. He just gave the last orders to Walter and they were off. On the other side, the orders were carried out, as if he was still with them on the field.

"Carter, take point, I'll be right behind you, Danny just don't hurt yourself and T', do what you do." They all nodded and headed towards the town. Jack imagined New York to look like in the next 50-100 years. It was a huge city with flying vehicles and other advanced doohickeys. Soon they reached a dome-like facility at the northern edge of the city.

Daniel turned around and pointed to a young girl at the entrance to the facility "That's Keisha. She'll introduce you to the leaders of Gebrana." I merely nodded and kept walking.

Keisha greeted them with a simple nod and entered the dome. When she turned around, Jack saw something in a resemblence to a zat. Before he entered, he thought to himself "Mental note, O'Neill, be on guard."

Curse of Atum Chapter 2



They were following Keisha through the large corridors of the dome facility watching with amazement at the advanced structures. Everything was so *new* to them, they weren't used to it, so it wasn't any wonder they stared in awe. The dome facility was called Telgak as Keisha explained to them. It was named after a national hero of Gebrana.


They were walking through the Telgak for about 15 minutes, when they entered a large room. It looked like conference rooms on Earth. They took their seats at the main table and greeted the council from Gebrana. There were 4 ambassadors, which gave Jack and the other's the creeps truth to be told. Their faces were like stone, apparently used to hard and strict life. The short black haired man greeted them with a nod and began his introducing speech.

"Greetings. I am called Phenaz and am the leader of Gebrana. Could you please introduce yourselves?" he asked.

Jack replied "Sure. I'm Jack O'Neill and my friends here are Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c." They all respectfully nodded towards the Gebranian leaders. The other 3 ambassadors introduced themselves as well and then they got down to business.

Sam handed Phenaz some sheets of paper. Daniel explained "Those are the papers we need you to sign to confirm that you agree to this peace treaty." He nodded and signed all the sheets and handed them back to Sam.

"You are intirested only in technology?" asked the second ambassador.

"Oh no, no. We of course are interested in sharing technology with you, but we were hoping you were interested in diplomatic relations between our people" replied Daniel.

"I see. Very well. We have already prepared a piece of technology for you to collect." Phenaz surprised them with the statement.

He added "Yes. We would like to show our trust towards you with the gesture."

Daniel and Sam smiled in gratitude, when suddenly the fourth ambassador, who was silent all the time, suddenly stood up.

"Enough!" he shouted ferociusly, "I will not allow you to give away our technology to some strangers, Phenaz." The next second the room was packed with soldiers, who were carrying advanced weaponry.

"We have been deceived" stated Teal'c and hurriedly stood up and reached for his zat as the others did. A massive shoot-out started with SG-1 massively outnumbered. The fourth ambassador suddenly pulled a tiny device and aimed with it towards a device, which looked like a rectangle shaped gate and created a wormhole. In the all around chaos, Sam and Daniel were moving towards the gateway. Jack and Teal'c noticed that. They ran towards their friends and pulled them away, but they were pushed and gone through. Phenaz finally had enough and cleared everything with some kind of teleport ray.

"I am really sorry, for what has happened Colonel, Doctor" he started rambling. "I will take care they get punished." "Where are General O'Neill and Teal'c?" he asked finally.

Sam and Daniel didn't hear a thing he said, they just kept staring at the now calm gateway. Finally they responded with a low, sad voice "They went through the gateway."

"Oh no."

Curse of Atum chapter 3


Jack and Teal'c landed with a heavy thump on the grass surface. They were rolling on it for some minutes to get their senses back. Jack looked around and saw trees, some grass and more trees. And Teal'c.

"T', you have any idea where the hell we are?" he asked his Jaffa friend.

"I do not, O'Neill" he replied calmly as always.

Jack tried to remember how they even got here, but couldn't recall the memory. So again he asked Teal'c "How did we even get here?".

"I believe we have been transported here through the gateway, while trying to prevent Daniel Jackson and Colonel Carter from entering it." he answered. Jack nodded in confirmation.

"Well, since we're here, we might as well look around, maybe find something." ordered Jack and started walking. Teal'c nodded in his agreement and started walking behind Jack.

*****

Previously

"Where are General O'Neill and Teal'c?" he asked finally.

Sam and Daniel didn't hear a thing he said, they just kept staring at the now calm gateway. Finally they responded with a low, sad voice "They went through the gateway."

"Oh no." ****

Meanwhile on Gebrana, things have calmed down. The traitors were dealt with. Sam and Daniel were quiet for the most of the time. When Phenaz arrived back, Daniel asked him a question.

"Excuse me, Phenaz, what was the Oh no for, from before?" The leader of Gebrana nodded slowly and started explaining.

"You have a right to know, that is true. You see, we created this device not so long ago. Therefore it hasn't been through the serious tests which determine if the technology is operative or not."

Sam was dreading the answer, but she asked anyway, "What are you saying?"

Phenaz sighed slowly, with a sense of regret. "Your friends cannot be brought back."

"Why?" asked Sam and Daniel in unison. "You're a highly advanced culture, for God's sake. How can't you bring them back?"

"It has not been through the needed tests!" he answered back.

"Then why is it here?" Sam shouted back.

"That is enough! Keisha! Escort Dr. Jackson and Col. Carter to the Stargate please." Sam and Daniel struggled, but it didn't help. When they arrived on Earth and got past the medical exams, Sam started crying in Daniel's arms.

"Sam, I'm so sorry. I'm mad and desperate too. But we can't give up on finding them. We'll contact the Asgard and the Tok'ra, mavbe even the Nox. We'll find them." Daniel reassured her.

"I know Daniel, but it's just so hard. Especially now, that we started seeing each other." Sam sobbed.

Daniel just hugged her tightly again and let her cry.

****

Jack and Teal'c were walking the whole day, still not finding any sign of the Goa'uld or anyone else. The only thing they found was a small creek where they refilled their canteens. It was deep into the night when Teal'c signaled for them to stop.

"O'Neill, I see Jaffa in that camp ahead. I cannot see the symbol to determine which Goa'uld they serve." Jack nodded and crouched beside Teal'c.

"Ok. We're gonna set up camp a mile back just not to be seen by patrols. We'll see what we can do in the morning."

They both stood up and went back. While they were walking towards *camp* Jack was thinking about Sam. He had to get back, that much he knew. He couldn't leave her now. As he turned his head up the stars an image of her smile and shiny hair reflected in the night sky. Jack smiled and he knew where ever he would go, she would be with him.

Curse of Atum Chapter 4

***

It was early morning. The sun just started rising and Jack took a sip from his canteen. He and Teal'c set up camp a mile from the Goa'uld and were each taking watch every 3 hours. Soon Teal'c would wake up and they would go off to try to find out where they are, or which snakehead rules this little corner of the galaxy.

When Teal'c woke up they had a quick breakfast and packed the sleeping bags. Jack knew one thing. Anubis didn't rule here. There were no Supersoldiers, at least he hadn't seen any. So he asked Teal'c of his assumption.

"T', I don't think Anubis rules here. Yesterday we only saw Jaffa and his army is contained of Kull warriors."

"You are correct O'Neill. I have come to that conclusion myself." Apparently Teal'c had some questions of his own.

"O'Neill, have you created a plan of our further actions?" he asked in his own complicated way. Jack nodded at the Jaffa.

"Yeah. I think our best bet is to overthrow a patrol. There isn't much of them and they could provide info." Teal'c nodded confirmation of Jack's plan and kept walking. 30 minutes later, Teal'c heard a sound and raised his hand for Jack to stop. They hid behind some bushes and waited. A minute passed and the patrol appeared. There were only five with staff weapons. Jack looked at Teal'c, awaiting if he agrees. He saw no rejection in his features. They quickly delt with the Jaffa shooting 4 of them and zatting one to provide information.

The fallen warrior woke up shortly. He looked around to see his comrades dead and staring into the assasins. They began questioning him.

Teal'c used his harsh tone, "What is your name?"

"I am called Ma'am. Who are you?"

Jack explained to Ma'am "We ask the questions here, you answer. Got it?" He nodded in understanding.

"Who do you serve and what position do you have in your army?" Teal'c kept asking.

"I serve my lord Atum. I am his first prime."

"Why have you accompanied the Jaffa patrol?" Teal'c asked confused.

"My lord sensed intruders on his sacred land. He was apparently correct."

"Teal'c, who is this Atum guy? You ever heard of him?" Jack wanted to know.

"I have heard of him O'Neill. Jaffa legend claims that Atum is a creator god, meaning that Atum had created all the other Goa'uld. He was also the first Goa'uld to exist on Earth." Teal'c explained.

"So, you're telling me that this guy created all the snakeheads? Man, I hate him more than Anubis. And that's a lot." Jack declared pissed.

"Claim that Atum is a false god and I will spare you." said Teal'c to Ma'am. As soon as he pronounced the sentence Ma'am sent a red, bright beam into the sky. The next second there was a beam and they were all transported into the mothership.

***

At the SGC, everything was dropped only to work on General O'Neill's and Teal'c's return. They tried dialing Gebrana, but the strangest thing happened. The 7th chevron locked but the wormhole didn't appear at all. The gate was just still for a couple of minutes and then it shut down. Without properly studying the device there was a small possibility tp get them back. So they called all their allies, that means: The Tok'ra, The Asgard and even The Nox. So far only The Asgard responded and sent a smaller ship to search as much as possible. They didn't give up hope and they had to believe they could find them or this search wouldn't last very long.