samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Look at it this way: if you like it positive feedback can get me to write more, and if you don't like it then flames can get me to stop.

Authors Notes: I'm getting really, really sick of these crappy ideas banging at my brain, and refusing to leave.


"Dear Mark"

Dear Mark,

I realize this may seem a bit strange to you, but this is an invitation to my wedding. Understand that what I told you when Dad and I came to see you was true. I wasn't involved with anyone, and I'm not now. That may seem strange, but that's the way it is. I'm in love with my Commanding officer and he's in love with me. We're not involved with each other, but we're getting married on March first. This is the only way to get around the Air Force regulations we heard so much about when we were kids. There are rules about officers on the same team fraternisizing, but NO regulations against married officers on the same team fraternisizing. It was Dad and General Hammond's idea actually. Jack threatened to quit because he couldn't "keep it in the room" anymore, and to tell you the truth, neither could I. You don't know what that means, and I fear you never will. I know you have never met Jack, but when you do remember how much I love him, and how much he makes me happy. Maybe one day you can learn to love him as a brother; Dad already loves him as a son. I really hope you can come. I'm finally going to be happy Mark. It's taken me so many years to admit even to myself that I've loved Jack ever since I first challenged him to arm wrestle. I know when you meet him you'll love him too. Maybe one day you'll know every facet of your little sisters life, but for now be content knowing that I finally found happiness. Even if it was with my Commanding Officer.

Your Loving Sister,

Sam