samandjack.net

Story Notes: Sequel to Christmas time


After Jacks spontaneous proposal at Christmas in the her quarters, after the christmas party, it was taking nearly all of Sams spare time to organize the wedding. Today she was going shopping with Janet and Cassie for her accessories for her wedding and her final dress fitting. It was the middle of June because they had chosen to have a summer wedding. The thing Sam really couldn't beleive was that her wedding was in 2 days. Jack was going shopping with Jonas and Teal'c for the rings. Sam couldn't help but grin when she thought of Jack trying to explain everything in shops to Jonas and Teal'c. Sam looked at her watch and realised that she had 10 minutes to get ready before Janet got here, and she'd only just hopped out of the shower. "Oh shit!"

*********

When the doorbell rang 10 minutes later, Sam was just about ready. She was pretty proud of herself. "Hey Janet, hey Cassie" Sam greeted them. "Hey Sam. Ready to go?" Janet asked a smile on her face. "Yasure you betcha!" Sam answered, a million watt smile on his face. Janet just shook her head, laughing. It only took 20 minutes to get to the dress shop and the woman in there recognized them, they had been there so often. "Hey Sam. Here for your last fitting?" Wendy, the lovely dressmaker asked. "Yup but i want Janet and Cassie to try on their dresses first!" Sam replied. "Well then girls, you'd better come through" Between them, Janet, Cassie and Sam had chosen light blue bridemades dresses. They had thin straps, with a low scoop neck. They were ankle length and had floaty, swishing bottoms. Just then Cassie and Janet came out. The dresses suited both women amazingly. They fitted them in all the right places and made Cassie look so grown up. Sam felt tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh you both look so beautiful!" "Well honey, now its your turn" Janet said "and theres no need to cry just yet!"

*********

Janet and Cassie were waiting for Sam to come out. She was taking forever. "Sam you okay in there?" Cassie shouted. She was obviously having the same thoughts as Janet. "Uh-huh. I'm coming now" Sam answered as she walked out. Now it was Janet's turn to cry. Sam's dress was strapless and was tight to her waist. From there it flowed out past her ankles on to the floor. The whole dress was made from silk and the top part was decorated beautifully with sequins and stiching on. It accentuated her curves and made her look taller. "I can't *wait* to see Uncle Jacks face when he sees you on Saturday!" Cassie said a smile on her face. Janet had to agree.

*********

"OhmyGod.OhmyGod" It was Saturday morning. The morning of Sams wedding. And God was she stressing out! "Sam, calm down and sit down so i can do your hair!" Tracy, her ever-patient hairdresser said. "But I'm never going to be ready! Ive only got another two hours!" "And you will be ready" Janet said with a mouth full of hair grips. She was in the middle of twisting Cassies hair back. "She's right Sam, provided you stay still long enough, I'll have done in half an hour which will give you plenty of time to do your make up and get dressed" Tracy explained. Now it had been logically explained to her, Sam felt much calmer. "Okay, you're right" Sam said, taking deep breaths.

*********

Exactly two hours later Jack was stood in front of a room full of people he didn't know waiting for Sam to walk down the aisle. General Hammond was giving her away because Jacob couldn't make it, and Teal'c and Jonas were being the best men.

Then the music started playing and Cassie walked down first on Jonas's arm, then Janet was next, on Teal'cs arm. But then.....

Then came Sam. Jack felt his eyes widen and his mouth open. *Allright, close your mouth now Jack* he thought. Her hair was twisted and curled back from her face, with random curls framing her face. Her dress made her look amazing and her simple silver necklace finished it off. He heard a snort of quiet laughter off to his left and recognized it as Cassie. He couldn't look away from Sam though as she walked down the aisle. She was breathtaking. When she reached Jack, General Hammond gave her a fatherly hug and whispered "You look beautiful, Sam" in her ear. She whispered "Thank you. None of this would be happening without you" back. Then she turned to face Jack. God he looked so handsome. In his traditional tuxedo and the distinguished grey in his hair. I am the luckiest woman in the world, she thought.

And then Jack took her hand and the ceremony began.

*********

It went past in a blur. After what seemed like only minutes she heard the priest say "You may kiss the bride" and felt Jack leaning over kissing her lightly on the lips. Everyone cheered and then they headed for the reception. Jack had chosen the venue, and had promised Sam she would love it. He was, of course, right. It was a picturesque restaurant just outside Colorado Springs. It had ivy covering the outside walls and roses growing just in front of it. As the weather was beautiful, the reception had been set up outside under a white marquee. There was a perfect view of the sun setting and Sam couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. "Jack" she breathed "this is perfect" "Told you" he said with a cocky grin on his face "Shut up" she said laughing. She had never been this happy before in her life. "I just wish...I just wish Daniel was here. He would have wanted to see you looking so beautiful" Jack said wistfully. "I know, me too" Sam took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently "Come on, we've gotta go cut the cake"

*********

After cutting the cake, it was time for the first dance. When Ronan Keatings 'When you say nothing at all' came on Jonas couldnt think of a more appropriate song for his two friends.

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word, you can light up the dark
Try as I may, I can never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me

The touch of your hand says you'll catch me where ever I fall
You say it best, when you say nothing at all

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Try as they may, they can never define
What's been said between your heart and mine
The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me

The touch of your hand says you'll catch me where ever I fall
You say it best, when you say nothing at all

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me

The touch of your hand says you'll catch me where ever I fall
You say it best, when you say nothing at all

The day came to end too soon for Sam and Jack. When there was only Jonas, Teal'c, Janet, Cass and General Hammond left Jack picked Sam up and carried her out into the car before whisking her away on their honeymoon. It was to Jack's favourite place in the world. His cabin.

When they got there Sam told him she had some big news for him. She was nervous for the first time "Jack, i know this might be a bit of a surprise, but I'm pregnant" Sam carefully watched the look on his face. It changed from shock to happiness in a matter of seconds. "But..but..I thought...I thought you couldnt?" "Well apparently I can. Are you alright with this?" "Hell yeah! You know I love kids! I just can't believe it" Jack said his face glowing with happiness. "Well believe it flyboy" Sam said, much more relaxed now she knew it was what Jack wanted. "And i thought today couldnt get any better" Jack said. He was the happiest, luckiest man on the earth. He had just married the woman of his dreams and found she was having his kid on the same day. And now he had to show her just how much he appreciated her. "I think, Mrs O'Neill, that we should retire to the bedroom" Sam just shot him a wicked smile.

*********

*The End*