samandjack.net



General Jack O'Neill was sitting in his office...doing paperwork. "Oh for cryin' out loud..." was a statement that was often heard from that general area of the second floor, but guards and the air force officers were used to it. Plus, he always seemed to have a little help from Colonel Sam Carter, seeing that she was the 2IC to the SGC.

He heard a few knocks on the door, knew from the pattern that it was Carter.

"Come in Carter..."

Sam opened the door, and looked at the pile of folders beside the red phone and said with a sarcastic grin,

"Hi Sir. Wow....more paperwork than yesterday?"

Jack knew he was a bad influence on her "sarcasticness" the past 8 years.

"Yeah, go ahead and rub it in Carter."

The understanding between them went deep, Carter knew what he was thinking or feeling with just a look at his face, and the same went from him to her.

"Want some help?"

"YES!" He paused... "...I mean, um... yea sure if you have time." He said, trying to hide his way too happy reply to her offer to help him.

"Sure sir, let me just grab a cup of coffee. You want one?"

"You and Daniel with your coffee...geeze Carter it's 18:00 hours!...No thanks."

She smiled at his....well she really didn't know what to call it. She just, smiled.

"Ok then General, be right back."

Jack watched her leave and felt a twinge inside him. He almost never thought about her engagement to Pete as it was too weird for him. The truth was, however strong his "Gernal Jack O'Neill" façade was, he hid his emotions behind a mask of sarcasm and jokes. Her engagement it hurt him. Deeply. He never knew that it would hurt this much. He wanted Carter to be happy, he really did, but he just thought, hopefully that one day it would be with him. And everyday he toyed with the idea of retiring again and telling her how he really felt, but he thought to himself `What a cliché, plus, I would be putting Carter in a damn good rock and a hard place.' He always wondered if he had told her in her lab that day, when she asked "What if things were different?" He should have said something like, `I'm happy for you Sam, but I want you to know, that I have loved you from the beginning, and will never stop.' However, it sounded way too sappy in his head, no matter how much he wanted to say it to his 2IC.

Sam walked back towards his office thinking about how great a friend he was. And how marrying Pete would effect that. She had no idea why she was thinking this. But everyday since she said yes to Pete's proposal, she had been wondering if she had made the right decision. The one and ONLY reason that she had waited to tell him her answer for as long as she had was because she still knew she loved Jack O'Neill. However much she had tried to hide it from herself, being with Pete just made her realize how much she did love him, and how hard it was for her to realize that she couldn't have him. So, she had said yes to Pete. Now, she wasn't so sure that she should have. She had had an epiphany the day that Pete proposed that she had been in love with Jack since the beginning, and how her affection for him had only grown stronger. That she always loved him and would never stop. And she truly wanted to tell him this, but she would just make things more awkward between them and she didn't want to lose their friendship. And... she really did care for Pete. But what if Generall O'Neill wanted more than friendship, just as much as she had...did?

She pushed her thoughts away as she stopped and strode through his doorway.

"Back Sir."

"Alrighty Carter, sit on down....Let get this horror started. Oh.. and thanks." He smiled up at her.

"No problem Sir. Where should we start?"

"Well there's this mission report from Major Joseph that needs reviewing, and then there's about 30 others after that...."

"Great...and how often do you avoid paperwork..." At his incredulous look she added. "Sir?"

With a mock accusatory voice, "Careful there Colonel."

Feigning absolute perfect military behavior, she even added a salute, "Yes sir!"

They both laughed softly. Their friendship was so much more than military rank.

~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Two hours later they were done with the mission reports.

"YES!" Jack cried

Carter smiled at him. The 'Jack O'Neill way' she thought.

"Well sir, I should probably get back to my lab, I have..."

The Klaxons sounded.

"Here we go..." O'Neill sighed. The pair took the spiral metal stairs down the the control room.

Carter sat down at the computer.

"What's up Siler?" the General asked

"Incoming wormhole , Tokra IDC sir."

"Yahoo. So NOT excited. Open the iris Carter."

"Yessir"

They waited about 5 seconds, and Jacob Carter appeared through the event horizon of the `gate.

"OK Carter, not so bad this time..." He motioned with his hand, "Go ahead..."

She grinned at his... simple 'O'Neillism'

"Thanks, Sir."

Jack watched as Sam went down to greet her father. He would have gone down with her, but he was pretty sure that she hadn't told him about her engagement yet, and he definitely didn't want to be there when she did. That was no doubt the first thing he asked when Jacob saw the ring on her finger, as Jack saw him hug her and say congratulations. He wasn't sure, but he thought he saw Carter look at him with some form of regret before turning back to her father to say her thanks. That one look caused his heart to lurch. God, he tried so hard not to think about what would happen if....

"Jack! Good to see you again."

"You too Jacob!"

"Where's Daniel and Teal'c?"

"Oh they should be here any second, Daniel was in his office researching his rocks and Teal'c was in the middle of Kelnoreem. They should be here soon."

"Hey Jack, you called. What's up?" Daniel said from behind him.

"Speak of the devil...Daniel, Teal'c, lets go on down to the gate room, Jacob's here."

The three men went down to the Gateroom and said their hellos to Jacob.

"Hey Daniel, nice to see you again. Found any interesting rocks?"

Sam had to stifle a laugh. Of course Daniel glared at Jack, with which Jack just answered with that amused grin of his.

"Yes I have actually. Quite interesting. So what do we have the pleasure of this visit?"

Jack stopped Daniel, and held his hand up. "That's my job Danny... So what do we have the pleasure of this visit?"

All four of the other people in the room who knew Jack so well rolled their eyes, including Teal'c.

"What? " Jack feigned ignorance with a slight smile playing at his lips. "Lets head up to the briefing room shall we?"

The 5 of them took the short journey up to the briefing room, where they took their usual seats, with the new position of Jack at the head and Carter on his left.

"So what's up Jacob?"

"Dad said that he needs our help, which can only mean one thing."

"Sam, I never knew you were so supportive." Daniel half laughed.

Sam shot him a look, and Teal'c, well he just looked amused.

"So what's this one thing, Jake?"

"Well Jack, the Tokra need your help."

"Again?"

"Yes Jack, again." Jacob and Selmack both inwardly sighed at Jack's sarcasm

"There is a Tokra operative among one our Goa'uld planets that we have surveillance on, and he has been captured. We don't know how, or why, but we do know that he has incredibly important information that he has to tell us. At least that's what he said in his coded message that he managed to send us just before his capture, when he was cut off."

"And What makes you think that if I send my," He stuttered, "...Carter's team there they won't get captured just as easily?"

Daniel, Teal'c and Sam all looked at Jack with the utmost form of respect, and all gave him looks that said in perfect unison, "We would like nothing better than for you to be part of our team once again. We miss you." But he knew that didn't mean Carter wasn't doing an awesome job, but he missed going off world with them just as much as they missed him accompanying them. It was one of the major cons of becoming General.

"Well first of all, we know the mapping of the place and about how many guards there are. Secondly, before you ask, we didn't attempt this rescue before because we don't know how much information has been tortured out of Karef. That's the name of the host, the symbiote's is Kanan."

Jack and Sam yelled in unison, "WHAT?"

"Hold on you two, not the same Kanan Jack, I promise." His daughter gave him a reproachful look. "Sam I promise!"

"You better be right, Dad, because I'd never help that SOB." Jack raised his eyebrows at her small outburst, and grinned hugely, inwardly of course.

"Anyway, we didn't attempt this rescue because he has a lot of information about the Tokra, and next to nothing about the Tauri."

"Jacob, I don' t mean to be rude, but how exactly does that give us an advantage? I mean they obviously know about us being `The great threat to the Goa'uld' and all." Questioned Daniel.

"What it does is give you the opportunity to sneak in without being detected, as they have absolutely no idea about Tauri tactics, and they don't know the name of SG-1, just `The people of the Tauri'. So really, it should be an easy covert mission, if your up to it Sam."

"Ahem." Coughed a particularly sarcastic General.

"And of course with your permission Jack."

Jack smiled a "you got that right" smile.

"Sure thing Jake. Cater? Daniel? Teal'c?"

"Yes sir, I'm certainly up to it."

"Sure Jack, nothing we can't handle."

"Indeed O'Neill, this seems to be a relatively simple mission."

"Alrighty then. Be suited up here at..." he looked at his watch "8:00 hours tomorrow am." The stood to leave. "Wait a minute! Jake, how 'bout you give us all this info your talking about before SG-1 leaves..."

"Alright. Sam, so here's the entrance to the building where Karef is being held. The gate isn't heavily guarded, so that shouldn't be a problem..."

They finished their briefing, and parted for the night. Sam was glad to have some time to catch up with her father, and get a good night's sleep before the mission in the morning.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Right at 0800, as promised, SG-1 was in the Gate room ready to go.

"Good luck SG-1, see you when you get back. Bring him home Carter."

"Yessir, check back in 12 hours sir."

"Roger that. Bye kids, have fun!"

And with that SG-1 slipped through the gate.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c arrived at the other side of the horizon, and as Jacob had said the gate was not heavily guarded. It was indeed a simple mission.

"Daniel, over there, Teal'c watch our sixes, I'll take point."

Sam led her team through the building.

"Teal'c behind you!" yelled Daniel

They were being fired at from every direction. There were at least 6 jaffa on their asses.

"DANIEL DOWN!" Screamed Sam as she shot a jaffa that had his staff weapon open to Daniel's back.

"Thanks."

"Yeah sure."

After the first two jaffa were down, it got a little easier. But none the less, it attracted attention.

"OK guys, we gotta get Karef and get the hell out of here."

"I agree Colonel Carter."

"All right then, lets go."

The managed to find Karef, he was imprisoned in a dark cold damp cell, much like the rest of the stone building they had entered. He was badly bruised, and was obviously tortured.

"Are you the Tokra Karef?" Teal'c said in a booming jaffa voice.

"Geeze Teal'c, he's probably a bit wary of the jaffa right now don't ya think?" Daniel admonished.

"I apologize Daniel Jackson." Daniel just nodded his head.

"Hello, I'm Daniel, this is Sam, and the big guy is Teal'c. Yes he's a jaffa, but he's on our side. We're the Tauri."

"A most welcome site." it was Kanan that was speaking. "I am healing Karef's wounds, but it is taking time. Your assistance is greatly accepted."

"OK, stand back Karef." Sam pulled a flint from her pack and broke the lock, thinking of the time she had done the same thing when Daniel and Jack were imprisoned on the planet where the Unas were being tortured.

They got Karef out, and got back to the gate without a problem, but as soon as Sam was dialing, they heard a jaffa war horn. Sam dialed as quickly as she could, and the gate opened, but not before she was shot, in the back, with a staff weapon.

"SAM!" Daniel cried and was at her side at an instant. Teal'c and Karef were already through and Daniel hoisted her body over his shoulders and prayed to god that she was still alive.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"WE NEED A MEDICAL TEAM NOW IN THE EMBARKATION ROOM!!!!!!!!! " Jack screamed on the intercom as soon as he saw Daniel come through the Stargate with bloodied Sam on his shoulder. "Close the iris!" Jack ordered on his way down to the gate room. He ran through the doors praying that the medical team wouldn't be 3 minutes away like they always were.

Daniel had Sam down on the ground face up. Jacob was called to the room over the intercom, but all Jack could think about was Sam. All the emotions he had felt started overflowing in his mind as he looked at her. She was still conscious, but just barely.

"Jack..." He heard her whisper.

"I'm here Sam, I' m here. Hold on, that's an order colonel!" he said in a soft voice.

"Jack, I don't know about this one. I think It's too..." Her words faded, but he got her meaning.

"Do NOT say that Sam."

"Jack I want you to listen to me. No matter what happens, I do NOT want you to throw your life away if I die. It isn't your fault. Do you hear me?" Her words were growing more and more faint.

"Yes, but your not going to die so don't worry about it."

She closed her eyes... she was delirious with pain. He heard her whisper..."Jack...I love you."

"Sam. No you are not going to die on me. I love you. Do you hear me? Do NOT die on me."

But Sam was gone. He wasn't sure if she had heard him or not. He visibly was shaking.

"NO. NO. SAM!!!"

But his words were cut off as a beautiful glowing light came out of her body. As beautiful as her soul.

"Jack what the HELL is going on?" Jake asked as soon as he got there, saw his daughter's clothes on the floor and a glowing light above them.

They watched in awe as it seemed to disappear leaving them all speechless. Jack just fell down in defeat. "No. Not Sam. GOD..." Daniel, Teal'c and Jacob watched as Jack just broke down. He started swearing and screaming and pushing people out of the way. He raced to his car and raced the hell away from there. Home.

_~_~_~__~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"Where am I?" Sam asked as she saw Oma Desala standing in front of her.

"You are wherever you want to be."

"Oh god, Jack was right."

"You do not believe your journey is over on earth?"

Sam paused. "I don't know, I definitely have some things left unsaid, well not left unsaid, left undone, and I probably ended up breaking two mens' hearts by coming here. One that I love and one that I'm in love with."

"You will enjoy your journey, but you may not interfere with the actions of your friends. You can communicate in time when you find the strength within to do so. But now you will be shown what life can be like after one part is over. Then, you will see what you truly wish to do."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~

Daniel watched Jack leave and he didn't think he had ever seen him that angry in his life. He was not only screaming, but he was crying. Daniel had never seen him cry. Except for a few choice times, when nothing would've prevented it. The realization of what happened hit him. Sam was dead. Or was she? God this must have been what it was like for them when he ascended. No way to talk to them, but not knowing if he was truly alive. He realized he was crying. Sam was his best friend, his sister, and she died saving someone else's life. He could've stopped it. Maybe. But he loved her like a sister and this hurt like hell. But he had to come to his senses. This was way worse for Jack than it was for him. He knew that she was ok, because the same thing had happened to him. Jack had no idea. He had just admitted to her that he loved her, and she was gone. Jack was going to get drunk tonight. Daniel knew. He left Janet, Jacob, Teal'c and the medic team that had finally arrived standing over Sam's clothes and ran after Jack. When he got to the surface he was already gone. Daniel raced to his car and drove to Jack's place. He was determined, whether or not Jack liked it, that he was not going to go through this alone.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Teal'c was lost in his own thoughts. 'I did not see this happening to Colonel Carter. She was a great warrior and one of my truest friends. I have always had trust in her. Now that she his gone, a great void will be in my soul, and we have lost one of the greatest warriors in the fight of the Goa'uld. I will not rest until her cause is for filled Samantha Carter was my companion, and I will miss her forever.'

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Jacob was in a similar situation... Oh my god, What the hell happened? Why did I send her on this damn mission? If I hadn't come to Earth and asked her to go, she wouldn't have. And she wouldn't be dead. What did I do to my own daughter? It was enough that my wife died at a young age, but not Sam. She was everything to me, my only connection to everything that she knew, everything that I knew. Jesus Christ, this is my fault! I killed my own daughter. What the hell am I going to do now? I only went through to become a Tokra because of her, now I have no reason.

SELMAK: Jacob Carter. I love your daughter just as much as you do. This was not our fault. There was no way we could have known that she would be killed. This is a great pain and suffering that we will have to get through together. But you must realize, she is indeed not dead. What we saw was a process called ascension, you know as well as I do that it is the same thing that Daniel Jackson went through. Samantha may not be with us anymore in this form Jacob, but she is alive in some form. You must never give up hope, and never blame yourself.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_`~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Daniel took his key out of his pocket and went into Jack's house. He knew for a fact that Jack would not come to the door. Nor would he want to talk but that's just too damn bad. He had admitted to loving her and there was no way in hell that he was going to go through this alone. He would go through the same thing that he went through with Charlie, only this time it would be worse. Daniel didn't know how but it would be. Unless he could talk some sense into General Jack O'Neill.

"Jack?"

No answer.

"Jack? I know you're in here and it's only a matter of time before I find you. I'm not letting you go through this alone. You have to listen."

He heard a soft voice,

"Daniel. Get the hell out of my house. Anything I say is just going to piss you off, and I don't want to hurt anyone else. Her life was my responsibility. Just leave."

"No way I am leaving Jack. Forget it. You are going to talk to me whether you like it or not. You can call me as many damn names and swear at me as many times as you want. But I am NOT leaving. You need to talk."

"Daniel! This is none of your concern! This is my problem NOT yours! You have NO idea what I am going through right now so just stay the HELL OUT OF IT!"

Daniel decided that he would be calm. "Jack, I do know what you're going through. I lost Sharree to the Goa'uld. Also I know the fact that Sam isn't dead."

"She's gone. She's gone and I'm never going to see her again. I love her Daniel. ok? You've been trying to get that out of me for ages. I love her. And she said she loves me. God, you know when she said that I was thinking she was mistaking me for Pete until I saw her eyes. God Daniel... I love her so much. I am never going to forgive myself for not telling her how I feel sooner and not acting on those feelings. My life would be so much better with her in it the way I always wanted it to be. God I love her. I love her more than any woman I have ever known in my life."

Jack and Daniel felt a strong, sweet breeze pass between them.

"Isn't that what you did when you wanted me to know you were there?"Jack asked Daniel.

"Yeah. Jack, Sam's here. She said she loves you and she means it. If she chooses to come back through this "path" she will. But she may choose to stay up there. It is... incredible up there, from what I remember. But then again, I was not in love. I was not in love with one woman, and loved another. Jack, I can't speak for Sam. But I think that she is in love with you and that she gave up on trying to be with you because she wasn't sure how you felt. So she loves Pete, but she isn't in love with him. I think. I wonder if she can respond...Sam breeze through here again if what I said was right?"

They felt a very strong breeze go between them again.

Jack smiled. "Sam, I love you. I want you to come back. I need you to come back. I don't think I could do this job without you there everyday anyway. And when you come back, I am going to retire. I had already considered it, and now that I see what an amazing future we could have, I don't want to stop. But Sam, what about Pete?"

This time, the breeze only blew upon Jack, hard.

"I think that's your answer Jack." Daniel smiled. Finally Jack had something to believe in.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

It hurt SO much to see Jack broken down like that. Now I know he truly truly loves me. God I know now that I have to go back. No matter how hard it is or how long it takes I HAVE to go back. I see what future is here for me, and I like the one with Jack much better. I love that man so much. I don't know what I am going to say to Pete, I don't want to break his heart, but I can't marry him. Let alone buy a house with him. I love Pete, but I'm in love with Jack. Just what Daniel said. I'm just SO happy I was able to give Jack some kind of comfort. There is no way that I could let him suffer. I am so glad that that is not against these rules. Now I have to start my journey. Back to Jack.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

6 Months Later

Jack O'Neill was sitting at his desk daydreaming about when Carter...No Sam, would be coming back.

Someone knocked at his door.

"Oh for cryin out loud...what now?" He said quietly.

"Come in!"

"Hey Jack, whatcha doin..."

"I'm sitting in my office. What about you Daniel?"

"Erm...I was thinking..."

"Oh god..."

"Jack! Geeze. I was thinking that if- no sorry, *when* Sam comes back, would you rather keep your job and be with her, or quit your job and be with her."

"I don't know Daniel, I mean, it depends on if she wants to have a family. I feel bad for whoever had to explain to Pete that she isn't dead but she kind of is and is now going to love someone else. I hope that's true anyway." He felt the same breeze he had about 15 minutes ago run through his hair.

"I just say that to annoy her, every time I say something like that she gets mad."

Daniel chuckled. Then he looked over Jack's shoulder and looked like he was going to faint.

"Calm down Daniel, I'm not going to haunt you or anything."

Jack slowly turned around and Saw what he had wanted to for the past 6 months. Sam. He got up to embrace her tightly, before she stopped him.

"Jack, I'm not solid yet."

"Oh, right. God Sam I missed you SO much. You do hear everything I'm talking about don't you?"

"Yes Jack. How are you Daniel?"

"HEY! Sam! Remember me?"

"Jack, I have been spending everyone of your waking hours, and your sleeping ones too with you whether you have known it or not. I haven't even been around Daniel or Teal'c or my dad that much to tell you the truth."

"OK I'll shut up. Wait, does that include, like showers?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." she smirked.

Daniel didn't think he had ever seen Jack blush.

"Ew. OK, Sam, yeah, I'm good and fine since I knew you were fine, but you might want to go see Teal'c and your dad, actually your dad first. Now that you can communicate and everything."

"Thanks Daniel. I'll see you later. Could you give Jack and I a minute?"

"Sure, and once again, Ew." Daniel closed the door with a huge smirk on his face.

"Sam, I want to take you into my arms so badly right now it hurts..."

"Jack, since when have you been mushy?"

"OK, good point. When are you coming back?"

"When I'm ready to embrace my path."

"Wait, are you coming back?"

"ARE YOU INSANE? Of course I'm coming back, I haven't been watching you like a hawk for nothing!"

"OK Sam, but there's something I have to know."

"Whether or not I want a family?"

"Yes."

"God Jack, I don't know. I do know if I did, that I wouldn't want anyone else to be my child's father but you, but, what if, one or both of us gets killed? What if...god Jack, we save so many lives. But I don't think that I want a child who get hurt because one of their parents gets killed. Jack, the only way I would want a family is if another kid like Cassie came along, because she would know the risks. Hell, Cassie is my daughter. Jack, I want you to keep working with me by my side."

"What do I do? I'll have to talk to the President, and get George to vouch for me, and Daniel and Teal'c but god Sam, I'll do it. That's what I want too."

"Jack, I love you more that I've ever loved any man in my entire life, and I want you to know that, since you've said it to me more times than I can remember."

"I love you too Sam. Come back soon."

"I will, Jack."

And with that, Jack's love of his life left to comfort Teal'c and her father.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Two Months Later

Out of Nowhere, Samantha Carter fell into Jack O'Neill's living room while he and Teal'c and Daniel were watching television around with beer. Or actually floated down. But fully clothed, unlike Daniel had been. Jack, Daniel and Teal'c all nearly choked on their beers, or soda in Teal'c's case.

"Hi guys, whatcha watchin? Got a beer?"

Jack rushed up and pulled her into the hallway, he didn't need Daniel and Teal'c seeing this. He kissed Sam Carter. The passion that went between them was immense. He flicked his tongue on her lips and she almost immediately allowed him entry. It was like that they had meant to do this for all time. Although that this was just a kiss, neither had felt more excited and in love than this before. It was searing passion. Finally as they broke for air, he kissed her neck, muffling words of love and affection. They sensed they should stop. Take it slow, but that was needed. The 8 years of over tensed passion needed to be released, or at least some of it. Jack looked into her blue eyes and saw more desire than he had ever seen in a women's. But his look to her said the same, but that they needed to take it relatively slow. Make sure this is really what they wanted, although they both knew it already was.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I have never felt so happy in my entire life. I have never kissed someone like that, with so much intensity and so much feeling. I realize now that I love him more than I ever thought was possible. As I look into his beautiful brown eyes I realize that there is more desire there than I have ever seen in any man's before. But there is a look that tells me to take this relatively slow because he wants to make sure this is what I want although he already knows it. We walk back out to the living room to politely ask Daniel and Teal'c to leave, and we found a note.

"Jack and Sam, take as much down time as you need, Teal'c and I will hold the base, we've already got Hammond on his way, oh and by the way he backs you 100% and told us that he always knew you'd figure it out."

The couple looked at each other with no words needed to be spoken. They asked each other with their eyes if this is what they really wanted. Both responded wordlessly, yes. Jack swept her up into his arms and placed the most passionate kiss he had ever had with a women on her lips. He carried her up to his bedroom, where they had the most amazing night of their lives.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~__~~_~_

"I love you." Jack said as Sam opened her eyes one morning, enveloped in Jack's arms. "I love you too." She replied. She was in heaven. Lying in the arms of the man she loved more than any other in the world, no make that universe. It had been 2 months since she had come back, and they had made everything of it. Sam had never been so in love, and neither had Jack. Although they had their situations to deal with, and arguments, there was no way in the world these two weren't meant for each other. They both got what they wanted. Each other, and the chance to work together saving the world.

"Sam?"

"Yes?"

"...I love you with more of my body and soul than I ever thought possible." He took a few seconds, and she could tell he was thinking, so she didn't bother him. But, when his next words came out, she was definitely surprised!

"Will you marry me?"

Sam looked at him with all the love and desire in her eyes, and she started to tear up.

"I love you so much Jack, I would be so honored to be your wife."

And with that, they fell into another passionate kiss. One with all the promise for the future.

______________________________________________________________________________

What did you think??? Email me at Stargate_sg_1_fanfic@yahoo.com