samandjack.net

Story Notes: SEQUEL: Sequel to Gatemon, by me

SEASON: Any.

ARCHIVE:SJA if they want it, anyone else can have it if they tell me where they put it.

DISCLAIMER: The story itself is copyright to me. Everything else, whatever I may wish, belongs to someone else. Don't bother sueing me, I have no money.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: A few people asked for a sequel to Gatemon, so here it is. If you don't like it, don't read it


"According to Ash, the herd should reach the area near the stargate two weeks from now, at the rate they're travelling."

"That gives us two weeks to get as many pokeballs as possible."

"Yes, sir. We've been thinking about that. Ash recently met a man who makes pokeballs from plants called apricorns. There are seven different sorts of apricorn, and the most common sort, the white sort, can be used to make balls called Fastballs, which are especially good for catching animals which move fast. There's a white apricorn tree not far from the gate, and Ash has offered to send this man word, and thinks he can be with us in two days. So all we really need to do is concentrate on finding somewhere where we can train the pokemon once we've caught them. A large number of Ponyta and Rapidash will take up a lot of space, so I'd suggest that we try and find an off-world site to train them, preferably one that has no contact with the Goa'uld, as we wouldn't want them to get prior warning of our new secret weapon."

"Very well, Major. Colonel, starting tomorrow, SG-1 will begin going over previously visited planets from the computer programme you installed when you had the kowledge of the ancients in your brain. You'll leave for your first destination at 0900, so try and get some rest tonight."

"Yes, sir."

"Dismissed. Colonel, Major, if you would remain behind, I'd like a word with both of you in my office."

**

"The two of you have been off-world catching pokemon for more than two weeks. While I admire your dedication to duty, I fear your Nidoking and Nidoqueen felt a little neglected, as priority for the mission went to others of your pokemon on the grounds that these two could keep each other company. It seems they've been keeping each other very good company in your absense. You are now the proud owners of ten baby Nidoran, six male and four female. Whether you decide to keep them in SG-1, or allow other SG teams to care for and train them, as ten Nidoran might be a bit of a handful, especially with all your other pokemon, is up to you. That's all, I suggest you go and see to your new arrivals."

"Thank you, General."

**

"So Jack, what've the two of you been up to that the General wanted to talk to you about it?"

"It's not what we've been up to, Daniel, it's what our Nidoran've been up to. Come up to Sam's quarters and I'll show you."

**

"That's a whole lot of Nidoran."

"Yeah, it is."

"Hope the rumour mill doesn't make too much of it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you know how supposedly the fact that our Nidoran were in love opened our eyes to how we feel about each other?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, what're they gonna say now we've got four baby Nidoran?"

"You're right, Jack, I hope no-one picks up on that."

**

"That's a whole lotta pokeballs."

"Ya think?" Jack stared at the huge pile. There were enough Fastballs for every member of every SG team, and a few SGC personnel who were allowed through the gate to catch pokemon that would be part of the base's defences, rather than exploring or attacking pokemon, to have two. Which gave the potential for an awul lot of Ponyta and Rapidash to be caught.

News of the approaching herd had been sent to them by Ash Ketchum three weeks previously. He had thought that fire-breathing mounts would be useful in the SGC's war against the Goa'uld. A number of SGC personnel had enthusiastically agreed, and General Hammond had willingly authorised all SG teams not otherwise occupied to go off-world when the herd arrived and catch as many of the horse-pokemon as possible. Now, SG-1's Legendary Birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, had brought news that the herd would arrive at the stargate that day (Teal'c still couldn't work out how the Tau'ri understood what the creatures were saying, when all they could say was their names). Every single SG team was present, nobody wanting to be left out of the plan which a gate technician had heard Colonel O'Neill outline to General Hammond. The plan was simple: get as many SGC personnel as possible mounted on Rapidash, and launch an all-out mounted attack on one of Apophis' bases, which had recently been discoverd by the Tok'Ra. The fire-breathing horses would form the main body of the attack force, with other pokemon distributed around the miniature army so that each section was able to use as many different attacks as possible. Bird pokemon would scout from the air and use air to ground attacks, as well as taking out Death-Gliders.

"Uno!" The ice-bird, scouting the horizon, announced the approach of the herd.

"Dos!" The herd drew closer, enabling Zapdos, flying nearer the assembled personnel, to see them and raise its cry.

"Tres!" The leaders of the herd became visible to the humans on the ground, their burning manes standing out brightly against the darkening evening sky. The people of the SGC held their pokeballs ready, waiting for the horses to be within throwing range.

Colonel O'Neill threw the first ball, snagging the leader, who until then had been unaware of the presence of the humans. This threw the rest of the herd into disarray, and in the confusion, pokeballs flew through the air, and the size of the herd diminished. In a matter of minutes, the herd had been completely captured.

A man from the nearby town looked on in approval.

"Thank you, very much. This herd of Rapidash and Ponyta have been causing problems around here for years. They eat our crops, drink our water and sometimes stampedes damage our homes. I hope they come in useful for whatever it is you want them for. Is there anything I can do to thank you?"

Colonel O'Neill smiled.

"Believe me, by not complaining about us catching all these pokemon, you've helped us more than you can even imagine."

**

The planet where the training took place was very similar to many of the others the SG teams had visited over the years: Trees by the gate, grassy areas not too far away. The training of the Ponyta and Rapidash proceeded quickly, the horses were eager to learn, obedient and amazingly agile. Even people who had never ridden horses before in their lives were riding like professionals after two days.

And to the amusement of all who noticed, and all who were told about it by those who noticed, Sam's Rapidash was Jack's Rapidash's mate.

Very few people could resist making comments about deja vu when the two horses were seen rubbing noses in a manner very similar to that of Jack and Sam's Nidorans when they first brought them back to the SGC.

**

"Permission to take these people and kick Apophis' snakey ass, General."

"Permission granted. Good luck, people. You have a go."

The gate whizzed into life. One by one, the teams and those accompanying them made their way through the gate.

The terrain on the other side of the wormhole was similar to that of Abydos: sand, sand and more sand, as far as the eye could see. And on the horizon stood three vast pyramids.

With water pokemon periodically showeringthem with water, the men and women of the SGC made their way, on foot to start with, so that if Apophis were watching them he would not realise what they had in store for him.

Two hours' steady walking brought them to a ridge above the pyramids. Team leaders stood in front of their comrades, all looking to Jack O'Neill to give the order to begin the attack.

"All personnel, listen in! Release bird pokemon!"

With a flurry of wings, swarms of Spearows, Pidgeys, Pidgeottos and other birds took to the skies, led by the Legendary Birds, which wore spy cameras around their necks.

"Mount!"

Anyone who happened to be watching the group would have seen a sight even more impressive than the release of the flock of birds. A whole herd of Rapidash, with a few Ponyta from the shorter members of the SGC, appeared out of nowhere, and were mounted by their owners. A long line of white horses with flaming manes stood atop the ridge, every horse eager to be charging. Wellington at Waterloo could not have commanded such a fine cavalry troop.

"Scyther Squad, move to the front!" Ten Rapidash moved in front of the others, their riders weilding pokeballs, in which the great green Scythers awaited their release.

"All units! Listen in!" Silence fell over the amassed troops.

"Down there is an army of Jaffa. We've all lost friends to the Jaffa, let's make them lose friends to us. Beyond the army is Apophis' base. Our sources tell us that Apophis is on this planet, here and now. Good people have died because of him, and if we fail, more good people will die in the future. Now you all know I hate cliches, but I feel that this is fitting. If you run, you will die. If you stay and fight, you may die. But you will be free. Apophis may kill our friends. He may steal our bodies and our minds to become hosts to his snakes. But if we fight him, here and now, and kill him, never again will he be able to take... our freedom!"

With a roar of approval, the mounted troops of the SGC raised their fists above their heads in a show of defiance against Apophis.

"All units! CHARGE!"

And they charged.

**

The Jaffa were caught completely unawares. Those that managed to make it to Death Gliders were taked down by ice, electricity and fire. Most Jaffa, after the shock of the initial attack, threw down their weapons and surrendered, terrified by the god-like powers the Tau'ri seemed to have; the ability to make beasts breath fire, and shock like a zatnik'tel, and freeze men where they stood. Several were persuaded to speak, and revealed to the Tau'ri the location of Apophis. He was high in one of the pyramids, and had been surveying the battle from a window. Assigning teams to salvaging technology from the other pyramids, before destroying them by any means possible, Jack put away his Rapidash and called Articuno and Zapdos down from the sky. Mounting Articuno, he flew over to where Sam was standing over some prisoners, and swept her onto Zapdos' back. Flying side by side, so close that they could feel each others' hearts beating, they flew up to the window where Apophis awaited them for a final showdown.

A blast of electricity from Zapdos destroyed the force-field that protected the window, and the two birds flew in and landed in front of Apophis.

"What Tau'ri trickery is this? You will pay for this insolence!"

"I don't think so, snake head. This is the end. Your Jaffa are dead, you have no way to escape."

Apophis raised his hand to strike them down with a ribbon device. As the shock waves hit Jack, Sam made Zapdos strike Apophis down with Thunder, the most powerful electric attack. Which made it mildly unfortunate that the room was lined with metal.

**

"Sam! Sam, you okay?" The ribbon device had thrown Jack back, away from the electricity that had filled the room. Apophis had received the full brunt of the attack, and bits of his body were lying scattered around the room. Sam had a few electricity burns, but other than that was okay. To prove this, when it truly registered in her brain that this time Apophis was definitely dead and there was no way any sarcophagus would restore life to the remaining pieces of him, she put her arms around Jack's neck and kissed him, passionately.

"We won, Jack."

"Yeah. One down, not sure quite how many to go. Hope I get that kinda response every time we beat a Goa'uld, though. I could get used to it.

**

To show the extent of their victory, the SG teams returned through the gate in numerical order, riding their Rapidash. Each team had all their pokemon out of their balls, and were giving subdued Jaffa threatening looks. The Jaffa would not put a foot out of line, for fear of the horses their captors rode. As each team came through, theri Rapidash were returned to their pokeballs, as were most of their pokemon. Zapdos remained out, and was heralded as Apophis' killer.

When the wormhole was shut down after all the teams were through, Jack stood in front of them and looked at them. They stood to attention, waiting to hear what he had to say. What he said was short and sweet.

"We won. We didn't lose anyone. And we killed the snakey bastard."

He saluted them. They saluted him.

"I have one last thing to say, before we get cleaned up and debriefed." He turned to Sam. He then went down on one knee, in front of every single person assigned to te SGC (except the SFs on guard on the surface).

"Major Samantha Carter, will you marry me?"

"Colonel Johnathan O'Neill, I will."

And they kissed.

And the gate-room shook with the cheers of all those watching.

**



End Notes: Soppy ending, I know, but what can I say? It's just after 1am, I'm allowed to be soppy if I want to. Blame my muse for any infantile aspects of this, I swear it has the mentaility of a ten year old.

Feedback would be very nice..... no flames, I've still got that level 100 Blastoise.