samandjack.net

Story Notes: CATEGORY: Missing Scene, Thoughts, Word-A-Month

SPOILERS: Desperate Measures

SEASON/SEQUEL INFO: Season 5

SERIES: None

CONTENT WARNING: None

DATE: 30th April, 2002

ARCHIVE: Heliopolis, SJA, anyone else please ask first.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: My first attempt at WaM. This one's for April 2002: 'Torn'. And I've been on a Desperate Measures roll lately, so go figure... Maybe if I write enough, the ideas will get out of my head and leave me alone...Well, we can hope...


*You all right?*

*Yeah. Very dramatic. Thank-you.*

*You bet.*

He wanted to touch her.

He wanted to put his hand on her shoulder and grip so hard his fingers would leave bruises.

The need to touch her was right up there with the fury he felt as he looked at the needle and the vial lying discarded on the floor beside the gurney. Pumped full of anger and adrenaline, and worn down by nearly four days of worrying, his self-control wasn't quite up to its usual standards.

He was stuck between the two desires, torn by what he wanted to do and what he knew he couldn't and shouldn't.

What would she do if he took her shoulder in his hands? Her chin in his fingers? Her mouth in his?

Oh, bad thought. *Very* bad thought.

*The keys for the cuffs are in his pocket.*

He gave the bad thought a big smack and concentrated on the job at hand. Maybourne tossed him the keys and he unlocked her cuffs. His hand brushed her wrist oh-so-slightly as he slipped the key into the lock and twisted, and the silvery bands fell from her flesh. He almost reached for her then, but she began rubbing at her wrists, so he radioed Daniel with the news, instead.

*Daniel, we've got Carter, she's okay.*

In spite of his best intentions, his hand slipped over the edge of the railing and touched her leg.

It was just a brief lapse in judgement and self-control, unnoticed by anyone save them...and possibly Maybourne, who should have been watching the two men but had little beady rat eyes in the back of his head.

Daniel sounded relieved - and apprehensive: *That's good. I think we've got another problem.*

As Carter jumped off the bed, outlining Conrad's plan for the snake he'd bought from Maybourne - and her part in it - Jack reached for his second gun and handed it to her. *You good to go?* Her response was prompt and perfectly correct, down to the 'sir'.

And she *was* good to go.

He still wanted to reach out for her, but the need for action took the option out of his hands and his mind, subsumed in the urgency of the situation. They had a Goa'uld to find and stop.

After days of frustrating inaction, finally ended by the revelation of Carter's location and rescue, Jack had something to do.

It was almost a relief.

But he still wanted to touch her.

THE END



End Notes: feeed me! Oh feeeeeeeeed me! SelDear@bigpond.com