samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author: (want2sing85)

Major shippy/slashy part of "Threads", depending on how you look at it.

My first fic post...its crap all crap....and yes I know Jack or Jacob would never really act like that towards each other..I dont think. Oh and BTW can you tell I dont like Pete? Kris suggested a ficlet where Jack calls Jacob dad....I ran with it.

Email want2sing85@yahoo.com


Father Figure


Sam was waiting nervously in a corridor by the elevator.
"Hey!" Pete greets her.
"Hi! Thank you, Airman.". He gives her an excited peck on the cheek, as the start walking up the hall.
"So, this is exciting! What's the surprise?"
"You'll see."

Pete like an anxious puppy starts making absurd and moronic assumptions.
"Do I get to go through the Stargate? I mean, what planet are we going to?!"
"You don't get to go through the Stargate!"
"OK -- I'm a little disappointed."; Nothing would make his mundane day more; "Still, full security clearance, an all-access pass to S.G.C.? This must be big."
"Oh, it's big!"

They reach a door to V.I.P. quarters. Sam knocks and then opens the door. Jacob is sitting inside. He stands as Sam and Pete walk in.
"Pete Shanahan -- Jacob Carter. Dad, this is Pete." Pete is taken aback at the surprise and stares.
Here comes the pitch....
"Dad!"
"Not quite yet. You have to actually marry my daughter before you can call me that. "
DENIED!
"I was just ... I meant, duh", he babbles incoherently for a moment, then laughs, embarrassed, "stammer, stammer! It's an honour to meet you, sir, really."

He steps forward and shakes Jacob's hand, then turns to Sam. "Why didn't you tell me?".
"I didn't want you to be nervous."
"D ... would I, I wouldn't, I,". He turns to Jacob. "I've been
dying to meet you. I think it was Sam that was nervous." He smiles at Sam, who grimaces. In a pathetic attempt at a side whisper her asks her.
"How did not telling me help?". Ruefully Sam mutters back to him.
"It didn't."
There's a awkward pause as everyone smiles nervously at each other.
Finally Pete offers a 'it's all over my head' grin.

*******
Just then theres an unexpected knock on the door. Jacob lets out a hearty 'Come in!' and duh d-dunh duh! It's everyones favorite super sexy flyboy!

"Hey Dad!" Jack jokes in an unssually happy/punchy mood.

Sam is a little stunned by Jack's greeting because of the conversation that had just happened.

Pete was utterly confused and a little offended. He kinda suspected something but shoved it in the far back reaches of his tiny little brain. 'OH WTH!': Pete's subconcious was doing raging backflips. On the outside though it didn't even remotely show and just figured it was an inside joke and an odd coincidence.

"Jack! Great to see you" Jacob approached placing hands on Jack's shoulders in favorite son sorta way, "I wasnt sure if I would get to see you on this trip Now that your a general and all I thought you might be too busy!. How are you?

'First name basis! gahhhhh! You idiot Pete! five words! THE WRITINGS ON THE WALL! GAH! Of all the moronic unintuitive conciousnesses to get stuck with I....', Pete's subconcious reeled.

"Great! Jake. I was heading back to quarters and heard you got in earlier I'd thought I'd drop by and say hello to SG-1's perennial father figure!" Jack said with a genuinely happy smirk."

At this Jacob gives a back-slapping laugh to Jack. Coming down of the high of the greet Jacob assimilates back into the situation with Sam and Pete.
"Ah..uh..Jack I assume you've met Sam's fiance?"
"Ah sure! how ya doin Pat?"
"Pete"
"Huh? uh oh right.......
Well uh great to see ya again Jacob always good to have you around.
Heya, You and Selmac like to join us for the briefing tomorrow?"
"Ah sorry Jack, I'll have to pass I've got plans., but if they change I wouldn't mind." At this Jack prepares to leave.
"OK, well good seeing you again.
Colonel...Pete" Offers a shake and then takes off back down the hall way, leaving Sam, Pete, and Jacob in another uneasy standstill.

*******
"This is great! You've really got one of those things in your head." Pete blurts out, alluding to Jack's mention of Selmac.

Embarassment flanks Sam and her mervous smile melts. 'What the hell is thinking!', she wonders.

"If, by "one of those things", you mean a two thousand year old Tok'ra symbiote, yes."

"Seriously?! Go on!" Pete gives a small laugh. "That has gotta freak you right out sometimes! It's weird!".

Another painfully sticky pause insues. Jacob looks at Sam as if to say, "Are you sure you want to marry this?!" Sam can only give her father a distressed smile.

End