samandjack.net



"Oh God" she sat up, quickly pushing off the bedclothes. Clapping a hand over her mouth she dashed to the bathroom where she threw up, noisily retching and feeling thoroughly miserable.

"Honey you okay?" a soft voice from behind asked.

"Yeah - it'll pass."

"So - it's definite then?" he couldn't keep the grin out of his voice. He pulled her into a gentle embrace and dropped a kiss on her hair.

"Yeah - I feel it" she hesitated "happy?"

"Ecstatic - you?"

She hugged him tightly. "Of course."

They walked, arm-in-arm, back to the bedroom.

"We'll have to tell him now" she sighed, "It's going to be awful."

He shook his head "No - if he really cares about you, and you know he does, he'll be happy for you - for us."

"I hope so," she whispered.

"You can't put it off - d'you want me to come with you? I mean it'll be one hell of a shock - a real bombshell."

She shook her head "No let me tell him alone, I think he'll take it better coming from me - I'll call you for back up later."

They both chuckled.

********************************

She knocked on the door.

"Come in"

Opening the door she favoured the man seated behind the desk with one of her most winning smiles.

"Major Carter, come in - what can I do for you?"

"Sir, I've come to ask you for a very large favour."

"Fire away Major."

"I'd like to request a temporary suspension from active duty."

"A suspension? What's this all about Major?"

"Well Sir..it's...I'm pregnant Sir."

"Good God Major...I mean congratulations!"

"Thank you Sir."

"May I ask...who...?"

"The father is?" He nodded.

"Well Sir, that'd be ...my husband."

His jaw dropped. This was an even bigger surprise.

"Husband?"

"Yes Sir" she had the grace to look shame faced "I...I'm sorry I didn't tell you Sir, but I've been married for five months."

"Really? And you thought this wasn't important enough to tell someone? I'm disappointed in you Major but I guess that under the circumstances I have no option but to grant your request. I'll have someone else assigned to SG-1 in your place."

"Temporarily, Sir" she reiterated "I plan on returning to active duty as soon as I can."

"Very well Major. Well, I guess I'd better call Colonel O'Neill and inform him of the changes."

Carter smiled and much to his surprise turned and opened the office door.

"You can come in now," she said.

Jack O'Neill stepped into the room. He was grinning - the biggest, silliest grin that General Hammond had ever seen.

"WHAAAT!!" Hammond exclaimed. His face blanched and he shook his head disbelievingly - these two would 'definitely' be the death of him.

"See" Jack O'Neill grinned at his wife, "told ya - a bombshell."



THE END