samandjack.net



Today, Jack had woken up, feeling incredibly good about him self. This year already, he'd had some more near death experiences, almost drowning to death with the woman he loves, and being tortured to death, over and over, and over again. Getting back to work, after two weeks of medical leave, was what he really needed. He spent his time, contemplating his time till retirement again, fishing in a lake that had no wildlife in it whatsoever and drinking beer. What more could Jack O'Neill want? Lots of things, he wanted to go home with his 2IC every night, he wanted the Gould to just f**k off for once, and he wanted to able to finish his sentences, before Thor beam him up. He knew none of theses things would ever happen, well not for a long time that is. But he was happy, happier than he been in a while, since Daniel had ascended to up there. He hadn't seen him, since he had been rescue from some system lord, which really had got on his nerves. But he knew Daniel was with them, whenever they step through the gate, Daniel was right by his side as always. But now there was Jonas, driving him nuts with questions about his past, earths history and cultures, and just him being Jonas annoyed him. Jonas had proven him self, he'd give him that, but couldn't Jonas just tone it down a bit. Sam had been just the same, when she had first joined them, always asking questions and annoying the hell out of him, at the best of times. But then those annoyances turn into respect, then friendship, then a slight crush and then a secret adoration, which he tried to keep to him self when he could. He pulls up into his spot in the car park, as always she was already here, her bike park in the spot next to his. He smiles to him self, turning off the engine and stepping out into the warm summers day. His skin with its new suntan, was glowering in the sunlight, as he puts his sunglasses on, looking round the car park. He locks his truck, slipping his keys into his pocket, as he heads towards the elevators. He exits the elevator, finding the corridor booming with people, going on their day to day business as usual. He smiles at a few of them, as he passes them towards the locker room. Most of them look exhausted, from pulling the night shift, which he had found to be really boring. He opens the locker room door, to have stream come straight at him, he thought to him self, crossing over to his locker that things never changed round here. He notice a familiarly form through the stream, getting dress in the corner. Teal'c was almost smiling, pulling his t-shirt over his head, and then closing his locker door. He looks up at Jack, nodding his head as he joins him, by Jack's locker.

Teal'c: "It is good to see you, O'Neill. How was your fishing trip?"
Jack: "Same here. Good, didn't catch anything, but it was good. Where're the kids?"

Teal'c raises an eyebrow, turning his head to an angle, as Jack sighs opening his locker. The man had been living on earth for about 6 years, and he still didn't understand or get some of the lingo. Jack shrugs his jacket off, hanging it up inside his locket and then pulls his shirt off, over his head. Teal'c still stands there, staring at him, waiting for him to explain. Jack sighs, leaning up against the locker, as he prepares him self for a very long conversation.

Jack: "By referring to the kids, I'm referring to Carter and Jonas"
Teal'c: "But neither of them are…'kids'? Major Carter is a fully grown woman, physically fully grown as well"
Jack: "It's a little hard for me not to notice, especially when she's wearing that cute little tank top of hers"

Jack snorts to him self at the memory, pushing himself off the locker; he grabs his t-shirt from inside the locker, pulling it over his head. Teal'c raises his eyebrow, moving his head to the other side. Jack puts his arms in one sleeve, locking his gaze with Teal'c, he closes his eyes putting his other arm through the other sleeve, and then pulls it down into place.

Jack: "Teal'c, just don't worry about. Anyway, getting back to my question, where are Carter and Jonas, this fine morning?"
Teal'c: "They are both in the commissary, eating their morning meals with one another"
Jack: "Why couldn't you just say that?"

Teal'c raises both eyebrows, returning his head to its normal position while he glares at Jack, as he kicks his trainers off, into the bottom of his locker. Jack just looks at him, deciding he could explain it better, once he had a cup of coffee, seen her lovely smile and then he would explain all. He shakes his head, taking off his pants and exchanging them for his military issue. He grabs his boots, slipping them on as he closes his locker. He ties the laces up, then tying them into an extra knot, so they wouldn't come undone. He stands up, stretching his back as he heads to the door, with Teal'c right behind him, waiting for his explanation. They enter the commissary, as usual at breakfast time; the place was packed with all the troops getting their breakfasts. Jack couldn't see Sam or Jonas; they'd properly been swallowed up, with the rest of the people in there. But he knew they were she was in here, because it was like he could sense her, he been able to do that, since he had been blended with that Tok'ra symbiote. He looks to Teal'c, seeing the same look on his own; he joins the queue with Teal'c right behind him, holding both their trays. Jack could hear someone calling someone, he looks round a little curious as to who it was, he could see someone waving in his direction. He frowns as he looks behind him, to see if someone was waving back, he looks back to see that someone jumping up and down, with someone grabbing their shirt to keep them still. Teal'c manages to tap Jack on the shoulder, while juggling the trays in one hand. Jack looks at him, seeing that he was struggling, and takes his tray from him.

Teal'c: "Jonas Quinn is jumping up and down, to draw our attention towards him, O'Neill"
Jack: "Yeah, and everyone else's with it"

Teal'c nods his head, picking up some fruit and placing it on his tray, along side the box of doughnuts, he pick up early in the queue. Jack looks in the direction, where Jonas had been jumping around, Sam must have gotten him to sit down. He picks up a coffee mug, pours him self some coffee into it and then places it on his tray, along side his bowl of fruit loops. It had taken him ages to stand the taste of it again, after that time loop thing he went through, he still didn't understand the whole thing, but he wouldn't change that memory for anything. He smiles to him self, waiting for Teal'c to follow him, to where Jonas had been jumping up and down, like some lunatic at a pop concert. He slowly turns round, approaching their table with Teal'c behind him, eating one of his doughnuts. Jack could see her blonde hair, coming into sight through the heads, as he got nearer to her table. She turns round to face him, as he places his tray next to hers, and slips into the seat next to her. She smiles at him, the smile that could brighten anyone's day, but her smiling made his day even better. His smile becomes even bigger, as he looks across at Teal'c, taking a sip of his coffee. Teal'c was already staring at him, urging him silently to explain their conversation in the locker room. Jack places his cup down, settling in his to get comfortable, before he began the conversation again.

Jack: "Where was I?"
Teal'c: "I told you, Major Carter and Jonas were not children, and that Major Carter was a fully grown woman. Then you said, it was a little hard for you not to notice, especially when she was wearing that cute little tank top of hers"

Jack glances at her; she was gob smack, her mouth fully open with her cup of coffee, just in front of her mouth. He raises his eyebrows, looking back at Teal'c, ready to carry on the conversation. Jonas was paying no attention to their conversation, he was to busy eating away at his breakfast to even care. Jack takes a deep breathe, getting ready to start his explanation. The klaxons go off; everyone around them jumps to their feet and files out to their stations. Jack thanks which ever god, save him from longest explanation, he would ever have to do. He stands up, getting ready to sprint to the control room, when he stops and grabs his coffee, bumping into Sam as he turns back to the door. They stop for second, time passing by in slow motion as they both stare at each other. Teal'c taps Jack on the shoulder; as he runs pass him, bringing him out of his daze. Jack shakes his head, quickly following behind him as fast as he could, trying not to spill his coffee. They enter the control room; Jack quickly gives his coffee cup to someone, as he passes them. They hold the cup up, looking at it and then at Jack as they quickly leave the control room. Hammond was already stood in front of the monitors, watching over people in the gate room and in the control room. Jack stands next to him, placing his hands on his hips, as he briefly looks over the monitors and then at the activity in the gate room. Sam slips pass him, brushing against him slightly, as she takes her seat at the control station. She smiles at him glancing over her shoulder, as she pulls her self closer to the keyboard. Jack smiles at the feeling he had, when she'd brushed passed him. Jonas knocks into him, as he comes to stand still, looking at the monitors above him. Jack pushes him back, shaking his head as he turns back to face the Stargate. The iris closes in front of the gate, as it activates itself. They all look at the monitors, waiting to see if, an IDC code has been sent from one of the number of teams, which were off world at that very moment.

Sam: "Sir, were receiving an audio message"
Hammond: "Patch it through to the speakers"

Sam flicks a switch, on the control panel in front of her. The room falls into silence, waiting for the message to come over the speakers. Sam frowns to her self, typing something into the computer; a voice suddenly comes spurting out of the speakers.

Man: "We are willing to trade, the one you call 'Major Carter'. For the Tok'ra Anise, who we captured, when she tried to escape through the Stargate, when the Tok'ra were under attack from the Gould. I repeat; we are willing to trade, the one you call 'Major Carter', who we captured…"

Hammond grabs the microphone, interrupting the man, as he began his speech again. Sam was gob smack; twice in one morning for her, had to be a record. Jack would have made a joke, but he was as much gob smack as she was. They hadn't heard from the Tok'ra in over a month, but that wasn't anything unusual. They only contact them, when they need someone to bail them out, someone to be their guinea pigs or to ask if anyone wanted to become a host.

Hammond: "Who am I speaking to?"
Purna: "My name is Purna, I am speaking on the behave of my people of the planet, Dennat"

Jack mouths Purna, shaking his head as he rubs his face. What kind of name was Purna? He would be the first to admit, that he had come a crossed, some very weird names over the years, but Purna. He returns his hands to his hips, watching Sam still with her mouth open, she still couldn't believe it.

Hammond: "My name is General Hammond; I'm one of the commanding officers of Major Carter. If it is at all possible, I would like to speak to the Tok'ra, Anise"
Purna: "If you so wish, (talks to someone in the background) bring the Tok'ra woman to me"

Hammond covers the mic, looking back at the others in the room. Jonas was deep in thought; his arms cross over his chest, staring at one of the monitors above them. Teal'c was just stood there, watching the others as they dealt with the situation. Jack as ever, was keeping a watchful eye over Sam; always the protective father or brother, when it was needed it would come out, especially when it involved Sam or any member other member of SG-1. But with her, there was something hidden, something in his eye as he watch her. A familiar female voice, comes over the speaker.

Anise: "General Hammond?"
Hammond: "Yes. Anise, is that you?"
Anise: "Yes, General. It is I. I am sorry for putting you in this predicament"
Hammond: "Don't worry; we'll get you out of there"
Purna: "That is enough talk, will you trade or not?"
Hammond: "Let me have some time to discuss it. If we agree, we'll send some of our people through and exchange them. Agreed?"
Purna: "Agreed"

The gate deactivates, the lights return to normal, but the control room is still in complete silence. Jack was getting irritable; he didn't know what to do with him self. Should he make a sarcastic remark, or be all serious? They all needed something to break the silence, he needed something to break the silence, or he was going to go nuts. Sam slowly gets out of her chair, wrapping her arms protectively round her self. She frowns down at the floor, as she steps in front of Hammond, turning her back to them, so they couldn't see her face, or she didn't want to see theirs.

Sam: "Sir, there's no discussion needed. I'll go willingly, and exchange places with her"

He couldn't believe it, what in gods name was she doing? She couldn't be possible serious, he knew he wanted someone to break the silence, but saying that was not what he had in mind. He thought someone, could have made a comment about the guys name, or about how they had to go to the rescue of another Tok'ra.

Jack: "You can't be serious, Carter! There's no way in hell, that we'll exchange you for her! We'll just go in there, blow something up and bring her home. General, tell her she can't be serious!"
Hammond: "It may have to be a last resort, but it's a resort that I hope, it won't come to. Major I'm proud of you, that you would be willing to do it, but as the Colonel said, there's no way in hell that it'll come to that"

Sam nods her head, stepping away from them all into the corner, to do some serious thinking. Jack watches her closely; he didn't want her to do anything stupid, she wasn't really thinking straight, if she was she would know, they weren't just going to let her go through and exchange her self for Anise. Hammond takes a deep breathe, stepping pass them all and heading up the stairs to the briefing room. He stops half way up, leaning onto the rail, as he look down at them all.

Hammond: "I want someone to try and get into contact with the Tok'ra. Go to there operative's that are on missions, if it comes to it. Colonel, I want you and team up here in the briefing room, right now and wait for me, while I inform the president of the situation"
Jack: "Yes, sir"

Hammond nods his head, jogging up the stairs as fast as he could. Jack shoves his hands into his pockets, glancing at Sam as he took a deep breathe. Teal'c steps forward, arms behind his back and his head hanging low onto his chest. Jonas keeps his arms wrapped round him, mimicking Sam's actions as he comes nearer to Jack. The thing Jack wanted to do at that precise moment was to go over there, pull her into a hug and tell her everything was going to fine. He shakes his head, turning back to the stairs, looking at each of their faces, but the back of Sam's.

Jack: "Come on, Carter. Let's go wait in the briefing room"

She turns round to face them; she was showing no emotions at all, no smile and no sparkle in her eye. This had really hit her; she was who they wanted for exchange for Anise, and she held the key to ending it all for her, to bring Anise home. She slowly climbs the stairs, the others following up behind her in silence.

***************************************************************************************************

Jack's day started out the best he had for a while, and then it suddenly went to the worse day in his life. What the hell did they want Sam for? They could have any women in the universe, but they couldn't have her, she was his and so many others woman. He watches her across the briefing table, she finally stop using her arms to protect her self, and was now back to normal Sam, well as normal as she could, knowing that she could safe someone with giving her own life up. She just stares at Hammond's office door, urging it to open with every breathe she took. Jack had been urging it to stay shut, if he didn't come out of there, they didn't have to go anywhere, and she could stay right where she was, in his watchful gaze. The door suddenly opens, Hammond appearing with the biggest frown, he had ever seen on this man's head. They all stand up; Hammond sits down and motions for them to seat back down. Jack slowly retakes his seat, his gaze split between Hammond and Sam. He didn't want to take his eyes off her for a second, just in case she disappears off some where. Hammond leans forward onto the table, shaking his head as if not believing in something. Jack frowns at him, leaning forward onto the table.

Jack: "What did he have to say, sir?"
Hammond: "Oh, just do whatever it takes to keep the alliance with the Tok'ra. Or to be exact, General, your main objective to make sure the alliance with the Tok'ra, is kept as there our best defiance against the Gould"
Jack: "That's a load of bullshit, if I have ever heard it. Were the best defiance the Tok'ra's got, we've dealt them out of so many situations, I've lost count"
Teal'c: "I believe it to be twelve, O'Neill"

They all look at him; he nods his head to them all, returning his attention to the table top. Jonas suddenly unfolds his arms, leaning onto the table, as he rubs his hands through his hair. Sam sighs sitting forward onto the table, she mumbles something to her self. Jack couldn't stand to see her like this, he really wanted to know what was going on in her head, what could he do to make her fell better.

Jack: "So what are we going to go?"
Hammond: "Have we had any luck, contacting the Tok'ra?"
Jonas: "No, there no longer on that planet. So, what this Purna said, could be the truth about them moving base"
Jack: "Well, it would explain, why they weren't their Jonas and why Anise was on, the end of that conversation"
Hammond: "Colonel, I want you to take extra precautions, when I send you through. But your up most priority is to bring both of them back. Shot to kill, if need be"
Jack: "Yes, sir"

Hammond nods his head, glancing at Sam as he stood up. They all go to stand up, but Hammond gives them a dismissive wave, as he heads back into his office. He closes the door behind him, leaving the room to fall into silence, as the door clicks into place. Jack didn't get why he was being silent, he couldn't fine any words, but that never stop him before. He looks across at her, she was thinking again, holding her head up with one hand, as she picks at something on the table top. She must be going through something terrible, she could be selfish and say f**k her, lets get back to work, or she could who she was, always went out on the limb for others, and say lets go, and do the exchange. Jack slowly gets out of his seat, he had things to plan, and he needed her to be Carter, because he really needed her input.

Jack: "Carter. Come and help me plan this"

He waits for her to stand, not daring to move until she did. She lowers her arm, pushing her self up from the table, keeping her head low as she stood. She steps out of her seat, slowly walking towards the door. She stops by the doorway, waiting for him to join her. Jack smiles at her, turning to Teal'c and Jonas.

Jack: "You guys go and get the weapons from the armoury. Just get the usual stuff, and anything that you fancy" Jonas smiles smugly to him self, pushing him self away from the table. Jack grabs his arm, stopping him running off. "No claymores. Just because I showed you how to work them, doesn't mean you get to have one"

Jonas nods his head, slowly getting out of his seat and follows Teal'c out the door. Jonas often reminded him of Daniel, they both had the child like appearance about them, always as if they were experiencing things for the first time. Jack sighs turning round to face Sam, she had now wrapped her arms round her self again, staring down at something on the floor. He pats her on the arm, letting it lingered for a moment, and then steps passed her into the corridor, with her following steadily behind him. He opens his office door; he leaves it opened for her, as he turns the lights on. She slowly comes inside, stopping in front of his desk, as he sits drops into his chair behind the desk. He looks at her, rubbing his face as he sits forward on his seat, leaning down onto the table. She was really out of it; this was eating her up inside, thinking about why they want her or what was going to happen to her. Jack really wanted to jump across his table, pull her into a hug and tell her, she was going to be fine. She hadn't move, since she came in and stop where she was, the only signs of life, was her chest moving as she took breathe and then let it out, and her eyes blinking now and then.

Jack: "Carter, sit down"

As if she was on automatic pilot, she sits down into a seat, keeping her arms wrap round her, and her gaze on the desk. He just sits their staring at her, this wasn't right at all, she was young with her whole life still ahead of her, and she may have to give it for some stupid Tok'ra. Jack was starting to lose his temper, all this over some stupid Tok'ra, who had brought him and Sam, so much trouble over the pass years, and now, she may have to give her life up for her. He takes a deep breathe, resting his hands on the door, closing his eyes for a minute. He couldn't stand it, if that woman was here right now, he would…he slams the door shut, and as he gets frustrated with him self, as he couldn't stop thinking about her. He turns round to face her, she had at least moved now, standing up in front of his desk, still staring down at his desk. He shakes his head, crossing his office, to the camera in the far corner. The red light on it was on, showing that it was recording them. Jack looks up at it, he signals to stop it, by waving his hand in front of his neck. The camera's light starts flashing, and then it was gone all together. Now they were finally alone, able to be friends instead of Colonel and Major. He takes a deep breathe, coming to stand in front of her. She looks like a child, lost in her own mind, helpless to do anything.

Jack: "Sam"

She looks up at him, a smile forms on her lips, and then it's suddenly replace by a face of sadness. Jack couldn't stand it anymore, he had to hold her, and it was driving him nuts to see her like this. He pulls her into his arms, sitting back on his desk, so they were head height. She immediately wraps her arms round his neck, holding on for dear life, as a tear runs down her cheek, soaking into his shirt. He closes his eyes, burying his head into her shoulder. He could hear her mumbling something into his shoulder; he leans back a bit, so she wasn't talking into his shoulder.

Sam: "I don't want to go"
Jack: "I don't want you to go, either"
Sam: "But I can't leave Anise with them, she's more important then me…"
Jack: "Hey!" He places his hands on her cheeks, making her look directly at him. "No one's more important than you, you hear me?" She nods her head. "Not some slimy snake head is more important than you. We are gonna go through that gate, get that stupid snake head, shoot some alien butt and then come home, together. Together!"

She nods her head, wiping the remaining tears off her cheek, as he lets go of her face. He takes a deep breathe, watching her as she sits down in a seat. He had to work out a way to make sure, they would be coming back together; otherwise he wasn't going to leave without her, even if he had to handcuff himself to her. She looks round the room, and then looks up at him as he goes back behind his desk. He drops into his seat, shaking his head at him self, as he pulls him self closure to the desk.

Sam: "So, what's the plan?"
Jack: "We go, we seek and we conquer"

She couldn't help but chuckle, he could see she wasn't as tense as before, but she still was a little on edge. Her fantastic smile hadn't been used yet, if he wasn't going to see her again, he at least wanted his last memory of her to be that. He shakes his head, sitting back into his seat.

Jack: "We go there, see what they want from you, see if we can give them something else instead, get Anise and get the hell out of there"
Sam: "So, it's a wing and a pray"
Jack: "Well, yeah. Just stick close to one of us, they may try to nab ya or something"

There's a knock at the door, Sam slowly looks towards the door and then back at him. He slowly looks towards the door, wishing whoever it was, would just go away and leave them their time. Maybe if he ignores it, they would think they were somewhere else, and then they would go somewhere else, looking for them. Whoever it was, had the cheek to knock on his door, couldn't they take the hint.

Jack: "Come!"

The door opens, revealing Jonas and Teal'c, arms full of nearly the entire armoury. Jack couldn't help but grin, dropping his head onto the desk. He could hear Sam giggle, she was giggling and he hadn't seen it. He lifts his head up, and then bangs it off the desk again. He closes his eyes, lifting his head off the desk, and leaning back into his chair. He opens his eyes, to see Teal'c and Jonas standing the doorway, looking at him for answers or his blessing. He sighs, looking across the desk at her, there was that smile, the one he was dieing to see and there it was. Now he was happy, and could at least get on, until he had to make the biggest decision, he would ever have to make.

Jack: "Okay, boys" He looks at them, the both of them smiling, well Teal'c was kind of smiling. "Let's go kick some butt, and bring snake head home"

They both look at one another, scooting off down the hallway to the elevators. Sam slowly gets out of her chair, heading towards the door. Jack gets up, slowly following behind her, savouring the sight of her; just in cast things did go bad on the planet.

***************************************************************************************************

Jack was the first through the gate, his gun ready to fire on anyone, who posed a threat to him, or anyone who came through after him. He slowly steps down the steps, quickly scanning the room, for any hostiles or any signs of Anise. Teal'c comes through, slowly stepping down the steps as well, as he joins Jack by the DHD. Jack glances at him over his shoulder, nodding his head for the all clear. They both turns round as Sam comes through the gate, her hand already on her weapon, as she joins them by the DHD. Jonas comes through tripping up on something, and ends up rolling down the steps, stopping at their feet. They all look at one another; Jack couldn't believe the man, reaching down to pull him to his feet. Jonas grabs hold of Jack's vest, using it to pull him self up, almost pulling Jack down to his knees. Jonas stands up, brushing him self down, as Jack raises to his feet, shaking his head at Jonas. The door behind him opens, adding a new light source to the room. Jack slowly turns round, keeping his hand on his weapon, as he sees two men and Anise come into the room. He felt someone's hand, grab hold of his vest, he thought it was Jonas at first, but glancing over his shoulder, he saw it was Sam. He takes a deep breathe, turning back to face the two men. One of them steps forward, holding his hands up, and then turns round to show he hasn't a weapon. Jack slowly takes his hand off his gun, but keeps it hovering near it, just in case he needed it.

Purna: "I am Purna. Are you General Hammond?"
Jack: "No, I'm…" He goes to step forward, but Sam pulls him back. He looks at her, deciding he better stay put. "I'm Colonel O'Neill. He has sent me to talk with you, to see if there's anything else, we could exchange instead Major Carter"
Purna: "There's nothing else that we want"
Jack: "Well, what is it that you want from Carter?"
Purna: "We want blood; her blood has elements in it, which can cure my people of an illness, which has wiped out several thousands"

Jack shakes his head, pinching the bridge of his nose, what the hell could be in her blood that they haven't got already. He glances at her, seeing if she had the answers, she was looking straight at Anise. Jack turns back to them, looking at either one of the two men.

Jack: "What elements in her blood?"
Purna: "The element, she acquired when she was blended"
Sam: "The naquada?"
Purna: "Yes"
Jack: "Can we just give you a sample of it?"
Purna: "My people need it now, to produce enough batches, from such a small amount of blood, would take to long"
Jack: "Hold on a minute, the element she acquired, when she was blended with…"
Sam: "Jollinar"

Jack nods his head, holding his hand to the men, as he turns round to talk to the others. They all huddle up together, leaving no space between them. Jack takes a deep breathe; he was finding it a little hard, to take it in. All they wanted was her blood, for a cure an illness they had. He shakes his head, dislodging some information, which he had tried to forget. He looks at Sam; her face was full of anticipation and worry, causing new lines to form on her young skin. He looks at Teal'c and Jonas, who were silently waiting for him to come up with a plan. He had one, but he didn't think they were going to take the new very well, hell he didn't believe he was even thinking about it. That no good for nothing snake, that had been in him to heal him, did actually leave him something he would used, but from the looks on their faces, they had no idea what he was planning on doing.

Jack: "Carter. Do all people who have been blended, have the same thing as you?"
Sam: "Well, I should think so. The symbiote does leave its markers, so if the person is blended again, the symbiote gains the one be fore's knowledge, so to speak"
Jack: "So?"
Sam: "Yeah"

Jack nods his head, slightly licking his lips, as the cogs in his brain begin to formulate a plan. They had no idea what he getting at, he didn't know himself, but knew it would save Sam's life and Purna's people as well. Jonas and Teal'c look at one another; they both raise their eyebrows at one another, and then look at Jack. Jack takes his hat off, rubbing his hair and then replaces his hat.

Jack: "Right. Were going to trade"

With that he turns round, taking the strap of his gun off over his head, and hands it to Jonas. Jonas takes hold of it, frowning at it and then at Jack. Jack gives him a stern look, before unclipping his backpack, giving it to Teal'c. Teal'c takes it with out even asking a question.

Purna: "What is going on?"

Jack ignores him, unclipping his vest and handing it to Teal'c. Sam just stands their watching him, whatever he was doing, he was up to something, and she didn't like it. He wouldn't even look at her, scared that what he was about to do, would be projected in his eyes. He unclips his side arm, handing to Jonas and then turns to face Purna. He steps away from them, joining Purna on the other side of the DHD.

Jack: "Were going to trade me for Anise"
Purna: "We do not want you; you do not have the element in your blood"
Jack: "Oh, but I do. I was blended not so long a go, it wasn't a very nice blending, the snake head went AWOL with my body. So, release Anise and I'll give you your damn blood"
Sam: "No! This isn't right, they want me not you"
Purna: "We do not care where we get the blood, as long as it has the element in it"
Anise: "Colonel O'Neill…"
Sam: "Shut it, Anise! You've done enough damage, don't you think?"

Jack sighs, quickly crossing to Sam, and pushing her to a corner, of the room. Teal'c and Jonas were both gob smack, looking at one another and then at the other two members in the corner. Purna whispers something to the other man, who starts undoing Anise's restrains. She rubs her wrists, crossing the room to where Teal'c and Jonas were. They both look at her, and then return their attention to Jack and Sam.

Jack: "Hey! I want to do this!"
Sam: "But...you can't do this, your suppose to go back and I'm suppose to stay here"
Jack: "Carter, for once will you actually listen to me! You've got your whole life a head of you, and I won't let anything jeopardise it, as long as I can do something about it! Your going back through that gate, your gonna march down that ramp, tell Hammond what's going on. Then you're gonna get on with the life that is waiting for you!"
Sam: "You said we'd go back together"
Jack: "We will, because…I'll always be there. Not in body, but in your memory. I hate this, I can't even say what I want to say" He looks at the floor, and then back up at her. She was nearly crying; he didn't want that, he didn't want to see her crying because of him. He takes a deep breathe, taking his hat off and putting on her. "Here, you have that"
Sam: "Your hat?"
Jack: "That's my lucky hat, I'll have you know. Anyway, take theses as well"

He takes his watch off, placing it in her hand and then takes his dog tags off, laying them next to his watch in her hand. She looks down at them, picking them slowly up and frowning at them as they spin round. Jack pats her on the arm, briefly squeezing them before he went over to the others. Purna watches him, while still whispering to the other man.

Jack: "Teal'c, I want you to make sure they get back alright. Tell Hammond not to send any rescue team or anything. This is my choice, and I don't want anyone to interfere"

Teal'c nods his head, taking a step back away from the others. He may not be showing his feeling on the outside, but inside this had hit him as bad as it did Sam. He didn't want to leave Jack there or Sam, but he knew this was Jack's choice and he would probably do the same, if it meant saving one of them. Jack looks at Jonas, the new adopted kid brother, who you hated and loved. He smiles at him, patting him on the shoulder.

Jack: "Well, as I'm going to have my blood suck out of me. I might as well, give some of things to you guys. Jonas, you can have…my yo-yo, I've seen how much you wanted it, so you can have it" Jonas smiles, pulling Jack into a hug, Jack tries to struggle at first, but just gives in and lets the man have his hug. "Teal'c, you can have my…well, anything that you've wanted you can have. Carter, I want you to have my truck and my cabin. You'll need the truck to get up the track; I don't think your bike could manage it"

She turns to face him; she wipes her sleeve over her cheeks, and then wipes her eyes. But he had already seen her blood shot eyes, nodding her head in agreement with him. He drops his head; he could hear her coming over to him. Anise was keeping quiet, keeping as close as she could to Teal'c and Jonas. Jack looks up at her, she was standing right in front of him, he notice she'd put his watch on now. He smiles, looking back at her face, he could see she was hurting, but if he didn't do this, she would die and him along with her. But at least this way, it would just be him.

Jack: "Carter"

She looks up at him, nodding her head, as she nods her head and looks round the room. He wasn't going to let a moment like this pass him by, he could do something which wouldn't come back and bite him in the butt, and now was the time to do it. He slowly steps forwards to her, taking hold of her hand in his; she's looks at him slightly smiling at him. He nods his head, pulling her into a hug. He wraps his arms round her waist, as she wraps her own round his neck. He rubs his head against her, pulling back so he could look into her eyes. She didn't even look nervous, or even the slightest scare. He lightly kisses her, not sure if she would reciprocate to his kiss. Her grip round his neck became suddenly tighter, as she pulls him closure to her. Teal'c nearly rolls his eyes, he knew there was something between them, but now they decide to do something, when Jack was going to die. Jonas just stands their gob smack, he had no idea they had feelings for one another, he was always being left out, and left to look like the idiot, when things happen that were involved, with whatever he didn't know. They slowly break away, pulling each other into another hug. Jack slowly pulls him self away, nodding his head as he walks over to Purna and the other man.

Jack: "Jonas, dial home. Teal'c, keep a watchful eye on the kids and Carter… Sam, take a vacation for once"

Purna nods his head, turning to face the door, as it opens up. Jack follows him through the door; he doesn't look back, he didn't want to see their faces, he had the memory he wanted and that was all he needed right now. Jonas slowly dials home, glancing from Jack to Sam. She was stood there where he left her, watching him as the doors close behind him. Hammond rushes down the stairs in the control room, quickly looking up at the monitors, to see if there was an IDC code, as soon as he saw SG-1 on the screen. He diverted him self, down the stairs and enter the room, to be greeted by them, as they came down the ramp with the closing behind them. Hammond quickly counts them, he was saw he miss counted, both Anise and Sam were their, so he defiantly miss counted. Sam slowly comes down the ramp, dropping down on to the steps, throwing her weapon onto the floor. Hammond frowns at her, looking to Teal'c and Jonas for answers. It just hit him, where was the smart crack from Jack? He looks round the room, not seeing the greying hair man anywhere.

Hammond: "Where's Colonel O'Neill?"
Teal'c: "He has remained on the planet. He has sacrifice him self, instead of Major Carter"
Hammond: "Why what did they want?"
Sam: "They wanted the naquada in my blood"
Hammond: "Couldn't we just give them a sample?"
Jonas: "The Colonel asked them that as well, but they need the blood for a vaccine, for some illness on their planet"

Anise steps down the ramp, looking at the other members of SG-1, before crossing the room to Hammond. Sam gets up shaking her head, unclipping her pack onto the ramp, and then she walks out of the gate room, without uttering another word. Teal'c and Jonas come down the ramp; Jonas grabs Sam's backpack and gun, and follows Teal'c out the door, in the same direction Sam took. Hammond shakes his head, turning to Anise, she look a little off, but with all she probably just went through, he couldn't really blame her. He nods his head to her, guiding her towards the door, with a hand resting on her shoulder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack had been sat in a chair, with a drip in his arm, draining away his life source. He watches it, as it seeps down the tube into the floor. Wherever it went after that, he had no idea and didn't really want to know. All he could think about was her, the feel of her arms round him, holding on for dear life. He wished this wasn't happening; he wished he was back at the SGC or anywhere that Sam would be right now. He didn't care, even if it was a Gould mother ship, as long as he was with her. He could feel his consciousness starting to go; the room was starting to become a blurred, the lights morphing into one and then total darkness. No sounds, no lights, absolutely nothing. But he was still there, so to speak. He opens his eyes, to see something prop up in a chair. He looks closely, to see it was himself, still with the drip in his arm. He looks round him, not quite believing.

Daniel: "Sorry, I'm late. Buddha wouldn't let me go, until he'd explain his theory on something, but god knows what he was on about. I kind of, zone out on him, when he started on about something else"

Jack turns round, to see Daniel shaking his head at something, coming towards him, with his hands shove in his pockets. He turns back to his body, prop in the seat, with absolutely no signs of life. He felt Daniel's hand come to rest on his shoulder; he looks at it and then follows it up, to the owner. He was looking at Jack's body, shaking his head, with a grim look on it.

Jack: "Daniel, what's going on?"
Daniel: "You've been brought to the higher plain, so to speak. You showed to them". He points above his head. "They think that you did the right thing, giving up your life for another, it's the hardest thing for a person to do. You have to open your mind, to all the possible out comes and all the possible down falls"
Jack: "Daniel, I would have done the same thing for anyone"
Daniel: "Yeah, and I'm a show girl in Vegas"

Jack frowns at him, shaking his head, as he looks back at his now lifeless body. Daniel steps pass him, moving closure to Jack's body. Jack slowly steps forward, not really sure of him self, as he stands in front of him self. Daniel looks at the body, nudging Jack with his shoulder, to get his attention.

Daniel: "Let's get out of here"

Before Jack could say anything, they were both standing on the ramp of the SGC. Jack looks round him, looking at the faces, all of them hanging low, as they got on with their day to day routines. Daniel steps down the ramp, waiting for Jack at the bottom. Jack couldn't believe it, one minute he was staring at his body, and the next, he was standing on the ramp. He slowly steps down it, looking up into the Control room, as Hammond comes down the stairs. He points up into the Control room; Daniel looks up there, watching everyone talking about something.

Daniel: "They can't see us, and they can't hear us either"
Jack: "What they doing?"
Daniel: "Hammond trying to decide, who's going to take command of SG-1?"
Jack: "It should be Carter"

Daniel looks at him, he wasn't really all there, and his thoughts were all on Sam. Daniel smiles at him, walking towards the door. Jack couldn't take his eyes off them, they all look so unhappy, the place was too quite. There s hould have been at least a team going out, or a team coming in. Hammond starts nodding his head, turning back to the stairs; he slowly steps up them, no effort being put into each step he took.

Daniel: "Come on, Jack. Let's go see the others"

Jack looks at him, bowing his head, as he follows him to the door. He looks up to see Daniel, walk straight through the door. He stops looking at the door, and then Daniel head suddenly sticks through it. He shakes his head, his arm comes through the door, grabbing onto Jack's shirt and pulls him through. Jack looks down at his clothes, he hadn't notice he was wearing the clothes, which he had worn that morning. He looks up to see Daniel smiling at him, as he guides him down the corridor.

Jack: "Daniel, this is too weird for me. I'm not ready for this; I mean you, your brainy and that. I'm just a soldier, and that's what I was born to do"
Daniel: "Actually, you were meant to be a hockey player"
Jack: "Huh?"
Daniel: "Never mind, it's not really important. Look were here"

Jack looks up to see the common room, the door wide open, with Jonas and Teal'c sat at one of the tables. He slowly enters the room; they were just sitting there, not even making a sound. He looks back at Daniel, pointing at them as he asks him a question, with just a look. Daniel nods his head, stopping near the door as he watches him. Jack slowly approaches the table; they were sat opposite each other, just staring at the table top.

Jack: "Can I talk to them?"
Daniel: "But only briefly, we've got to go and see Sam, and then I've got to take you up there"
Jack: "How do I?"
Daniel: "Sit down at the table, and I'll sort the rest out"

Jack looks at them both, slipping into his seat, folding his arms in front of him. He looks over at Daniel to see that he was gone, he heard someone gasp next to him. He turns to see Jonas, mouth open ready for catching flies, as he taps the table in front of Teal'c. Teal'c looks up at Jonas, then at Jack, a small smile coming over his face. Jack couldn't help but smile him self, Jonas finally closes his mouth, reaching out to touch Jack. His hand goes straight through him, Jack looks down at his hand and then up at Jonas.

Jonas: "Teal'c? Do you see the Colonel?"
Teal'c: "I do indeed"
Jonas: "So it's not just me"
Jack: "Would you shut up a minute, I don't have long. I've still got Carter to see, where is she anyway?"
Teal'c: "She took off in your truck, O'Neill. As soon as we had came back through the Stargate, she took your jacket and left the base"
Jonas: "She was muttering something about middle of no where, no people for miles and no wildlife"
Jack: "She's gone to my cabin then"

Jack looks down at the table top, he was actually happy she gone there. He smiles to him self, looking up at Jonas and Teal'c and then remember his time issue. He straightens him self up, ready to do the quickest conversation in history.

Jack: "Right, boys. Teal'c, behave and try to stay out of trouble. Jonas, actually listen to Teal and Carter, without asking questions for once. There's something I want you to do for me, tell Hammond, I said to put Sam in charge of SG-1. She deserves it with all the crap, she's been through lately. Well, gotta go. Time for Carter"

He stands up, but to them he had just vanished into thin. Jonas and Teal'c both look round the room, then look at each other, knowing they both had something to do; they get up and leave the room in the direction of Hammond's office.

***************************************************************************************************

Sam wasn't really paying attention to the road, her mind kept wondering back over the last few hours. She still couldn't believe he was gone for good, she couldn't bear being at the base, she needed to go where she could imagine him going. He was gone now, and there was nothing left for her at the SGC. They wouldn't be anymore laughter, no more cynical remarks about missions, there wouldn't be his smile, greeting her as she enter the briefing room. All the things that made her pain worth it, that made it worth coming into work everyday, was now gone because of her. He'd died for her, to protect her from something, which would happen anyway but not for long time. But the way she felt at that moment, she had died with him, in whatever they had done to him, to get the blood out of him. All she could see in her head was his face as he handed her his dog tags and watch. She covers them up with her hand, keeping one hand on then wheel as she drove. She shakes her head; she shoves them under her t-shirt, taking hold of the wheel with both hands. She quickly turns the radio on, hoping that it would be able to cheer her up a bit, or at least give her something to think about. The DJ introduces the song as it starts up. She smiles, relaxing into seat, as she watches the road.

DJ: "Well, here's a request for some name Samantha Carter, who should be on highway 34, heading towards her new cabin in Minnesota. Here a song, just for you Sam"
Song: "You took my hand,
Touched my heart,
Held me close,
You were always there,
By my side,
Night and Day,
Through it all,
Baby come what may,

Sam was a little shock to hear that the song was requested for her, or someone with the same name. But how many Samantha Carter's, were heading to a cabin in Minnesota? The song's first verse reminded her of Jack, he was always there, sleeping next to her at night off world. Always by her side, when they were going somewhere during day.

Swept away on a wave of emotion,
Oh we're caught in the eye of the storm,
And, whenever you smile I can hardly believe that
You're mine,
Believe that your mine,

Well, she was swept away by him and her emotions for him. In a way, they were in the eye of a storm, the war with the Gould going on around them, whilst they were having secret feelings on another. Then there was his smile, it's such…was such a fantastic smile. He could cheer her up, with just that slight grin of his.

This love is unbreakable,
It's unmistakable,
And each time I look in your eyes,
I know why,
This love is untouchable,
A feeling my heart just can't deny,
Each time I look in your eyes, oh baby
I know why
This love is unbreakable,

There love was unbreakable, even when he was dead…she love him more than ever. They had something special, something no one could break or even touch, not even the military, but they had put a hold on it.

Shared the laughter,
Shared the tears,
We both know,
We'll go on from here,
Cause together,
We are strong,
In my arms,
That's where you belong,

They had shared all the joys and all pain, which the stargate had thrown their way, over the past few years. But together they had gotten through it, they were strong together, nothing could touch them when they were together. Being in his arms, had felt so right, and it felt as if she belong to be there.

I've been touched by the hands of an angel,
I've been blessed by the power of love,
And whenever you smile,
I can hardly believe that you're mine.

This love is unbreakable,
It's unmistakable,
And each time I look in your eyes,
I know why,
This love is untouchable,
A feeling my heart just can't deny,
Each time you whisper my name, oh baby
I know why,

This song was so their relationship, they were strong together and were untouchable together. But they both had denied their feelings, and now it was all too late, he was gone and she was alone without him. Sure, she had Jonas and Teal'c, but it wouldn't be the same, stepping through the gate without him.

This love is unbreakable,
Through fire and flame,
When all this is over,
Our love still remains,

Each time I look in your eyes, oh baby
I know why
This love is unbreakable.

She slowly wipes the tears, which were forming in her eye, as the song comes to an end and the DJ, starts to introduce the next song. She looks at the map next to her, the route she was taking, was mark clearly as she turn up a road track. She sighs, seeing the cabin slowly being revealed, as the trees parted in the distance. This was him, this was his hiding place from the world, where no one disturbed him and where no one would disturbed her anymore. She slowly pulls to a stop in front of the cabin, slowly taking the keys out of the ignition; she opens the door, stepping out into the cool summer night. She slowly pushes the door shut, pulling Jack's coat round her tighter. Having the coat on, reminded her of his embrace, in the office and before they took him away from her. She closes her eyes, stepping up onto the porch of the cabin. She slowly opens her eyes, to find she was already inside, the fire burning away to it self, and someone was stood in front of it, looking down into the flames. She pulls the jacket round her tighter, using it as a protective shield, as she took a step closure to the intruder. She starts sizing him up, estimating his physical abilities and weaknesses. He slowly turns rounds, shoving his hands into his pockets. She couldn't make out his face, as he'd step out of the light of the fire, and began walking round the couch towards her.

Sam: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"
Jack: "Well, I thought I'd drop in and say hello, but I'll guess I'll be leaving, if you treat guests that way"

He steps into the light, his face lighting up in an instant as the fire play across his face. She stood there frozen, looking at him with disbelieve, as he watch her. She slowly reaches out to him, trying to grab his arm, but her hand went straight through him. He looks down at the hand, following her arm up to her face. He smiles at her, as she looks at her hand and then his arm.

Jack: "It's really cool really; I've been walking through walls and all sorts. It could have came in handed, if I was still alive"
Sam: "You're a…"
Jack: "No, I'm not a ghost. Well, sort of…erm…kinda am. Well, I'm a ghost, but not the one's who are stuck here, because they have unfinished business like Casper"
Sam: "You're comparing yourself to Casper?"
Jack: "Sam, forget about what I just said. Anyway, I haven't got long. Daniel's only cutting me some slack, and then I've got to go meet the up high lot. Some more asses I've gotta kiss"
Sam: "Daniel? Huh? I don't understand"

Jack slowly shakes his head, rubbing his hair in all directions, as he turn towards the fire. Sam slowly releases her tight hold on the jacket, crossing her arms in front of her, still keeping some sort of defence up. Jack slowly turns back to her, reaching out to touch her cheek. She looks at his hand, coming towards her, looking back at him as it passes through her cheek. He immediately pulls it back, looking at it as he clenches his other hand, around his wrist. He takes a deep breathe, reaching out again, gently he brushes her cheek. A look of surprise crosses both their faces, as Sam grabs hold of his hand, holding it closure to her face. He smiles at her, pulling her towards him with his other hand. He wraps his arms around, holding her as tight as he could, praying that it wouldn't end in an instant. He could feel her crying on his shoulder again, like in his office early that day.

Jack: "Hey, don't cry. It's not that bad, I can come and visit. Hell, I'll even spend the holidays with you"
Sam: "knkhbfas kjbfkasif kjbfks"

He pulls her back slightly, pulling her mouth away from his shirt. She looks up at him, tears rolling down her cheeks, with others soon replacing them. He wipes them away with his thumb, as she looks up into his eyes.

Sam: "What I said was, that would be nice, but I'd rather you'd stay"
Jack: "How you gonna explain that then?"
Sam: "Explain to who?"
Jack: "To the neighbours, about seeing your dead CO, walking around your living room"

She couldn't help but slightly smile at his comment, even when dead this man still tried to make her laugh. Even if it was a lame joke, he would still try as hard as he could. He frowns, pushing her gently away, as he look round the room. She looks at him and then follows his gaze round the room. He sighs, looking back at her, as he shoves his hands into his pockets.

Jack: "Well, gotta go. Time's up for me. But I'm going to order on last thing for you to do"
Sam: "What's that?"
Jack: "Try and actually leave the SGC, once in a while. Go out with Janet and girls, or even Makepeace and the Marines. Just go out and have fun. Life to short to waste, that from someone who knows"

She opens her mouth to say something, but he was already gone. The fire in the fireplace was gone and the heat it was emanating into the cabin was gone, replaced by the cool summer's night breeze, as she notices she was still standing on the porch. She looks round for any signs of him, nothing. She looks down at the porch, noticing an envelop sticking out from under the mat. She bends down and picks it up, ripping it open in one movement, and pulling the piece of paper out. She unfolds it, letting the envelop fall back down onto the ground. She quickly read it, smiling to her self, as tear started to fall down her cheek again. She folds it up, gently putting into her pocket.

Sam: "I love you too"

She looks at the keys in her hand, selecting the one mark cabin, she slots into the lock, turning it as she step inside. She looks round, closing the door behind her, before walking into the bedroom and collapsing on his bed. The smell of him was intoxicating to her, as she wraps her self up in the duvet. She closes her eyes, falling into a past dream she once had, of him and her's first meeting.

*******************************************************************************

6 Months Later

Jack looks round him, the whole place was white, with the odd bit of colour coming from peoples clothing. He looks beside him, to see Daniel chatting with someone as usual, about something he had no idea about. He looks round the people, some were aliens from another part of the galaxy, some were humanoid type people, and then there were a few who were actually from earth. But he didn't really know them; Daniel of course was friends with everyone. This was a field day for Daniel; he likes talking people and asking them about their cultures and all that. All Jack wanted to do was play hockey or maybe some golf, and then there was the thing he'd been doing lately. He'd been watching her in her lab, or in his cabin. She'd even gone out with Janet and the girls, a few weeks ago. But that had ended on a bad note, when some guy tried to offered her a lift home, and Jack took it upon him self, to protect her from him. He got an earful from Daniel about it, and then came to reason, when he learnt of the guy's past. But Jack didn't feel he belong, bei ng up here with theses lot, when all he wanted to do, was kick some Gould butt and be with the woman he'd loved and the kids. He tried so hard, not to keep saving their butts, when Jaffa was seeking up on them or when they were captured. He'd been told the rules, and had promised never to break them. Just like everywhere, he'd been over his life, there were rules for even when you were dead. He sighs, watching Daniel finished his conversation and comes over to him. Daniel was in his element; everyone loved him, thought he was wonderful and was always talking to him.

Daniel: "Jack, stop thinking about them. Every knows what your thinking, remember?"
Jack: "Yeah well let them. Daniel, I'm not cut out for this. You're the people's man, I'm the action man"
Daniel: "Jack, you're just going to have to adjust, there's nothing that can change that your dead. Just give it some time, you'll start to like up here after a while"
Jack: "I'm going for a wander, wanna come?"
Daniel: "No, Hippocrates wants to talk to me about the new break through in medicine"

Jack nods his head, turning away from the talking crowd and heading away to his private spot. He appears sitting in the control room, watching Simmons typing away at one of the terminals. Jack looks round the room, noticing there weren't really a lot of people on, which was kinda odd. He looks at Simmons, as he stands up to answer the phone on the wall. He grabs the phone, sighing as he held it up to his ear.

Simmons: "Control Room. No sir. There's still no sign of SG-3 or Sg-1. Sg-1 were due to check in, two hours ago sir. Yes sir"

He replaces the phone back on the wall, just as the Stargate starts dialling up. Jack was a little anxious now; he didn't know they were missing, he normally knew before they were even missing, and that they were going to be missing. The Stargate activates, as the iris closes into the place across the event horizon. Jack stands up, stepping behind Simmons, so he could see the screen in front of him. Across the screen was written SG-1 code and then iris open casing a blue light over the room. Jonas appear on the ramp, a little battered then he'd normally be. The Teal'c appears, with Sam over his shoulders as the gate behind him closes. Jack was in there in a heart beat, if he had one that is. He watched, as the medical team came storming into the room, gurney at the ready, as they stop at the bottom of the ramp. Teal'c gently laid Sam down onto it, letting the medical team rush her away, to the infirmary. Before Jack even knew, he was standing in the infirmary, watching the door as the medical team, came rushing in with Sam. They quickly took her into a curtain off part of the room, getting to work on her as fast as they could. Jack had been stood watching her, in her unconscious state for hours, after they had manage to stabilise her condition. She now had tubes coming out of everywhere, connecting up to different types of machines, to keep her a life. At times like theses, he'd wished he never had the powers he had, with just a blink of an eye; he could heal her and let her get on with life. But he'd sworn not to use them for personal reasons, so when the hell was he supposed to use them then? He watches as her chest rises and then falls, with the aid of the machines surrounding her. He knew someone was about to enter, glancing over his shoulder, he watched as Jonas and Teal'c crept into the room. He couldn't help but smile at their attempt to get pass Janet, he was lucky that she didn't have a sixth sense, that could sense him standing there. Jonas crawls across the floor, under her office window, as Teal'c steps over him, and walks to Sam's side. Jonas looks at him, shrugging to him self, as he push him self off the floor and stood up. He slowly approaches the bed, standing behind Teal'c, resting his hand onto the bed.

Daniel: "Come on"

Jack turns behind him, to see Daniel stood there, with his arms folded in front of his chest. Jack shakes his head at him, turning back to Sam and the other two. He belongs here, not up there with them. Daniel steps up beside him, resting his hand on his shoulder, as he watches Sam for him self. He knew in about 2 seconds, Daniel was either going to ask him nicely to come back up top, or he was just going to take them both back up there. He glances over at Daniel, seeing his decision going on in his head. Daniel just shakes his head, closing his eyes as his head drop on to his chest.

Daniel: "Jack, please just come back. We can't do anything, she'll make it and she'll be fine"
Jack: "Don't give that bullshit, we both can see that she's not going to make it. There has to be something we can do, it's stupid given us theses powers, and we can't even used them"
Daniel: "Jack! We've been through this before, now were going back, whether you like it or not"

The next thing Jack knew; he was standing in the middle of the crowd, everyone staring at him, as they all knew he was going to be trouble. Daniel pinches the bridge of his nose, looking down the floor and then up Jack. Jack was ready to shout at him, when one of the leaders members of the crowd, step forward placing a hand on his shoulder. Jack looks down at him, slowly his anger subsided, as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

Yora: "Jack, you cannot do anything for your friend. Her path has been chosen, and now she will go down that path"
Jack: "But she's still young, if she dies now, then my sacrifice for her, would have been for nothing"
Yora: "You really do care deeply for this mortal"
Jack: "I love her more than anything, and that's why I'm going to save her, even if you guys don't like it"
Daniel: "Jack, you can't. We won't let you; we'll take your powers away from you"

Yora turns to the others in the crowd, they all start whispering to one another, agreeing and disagreeing. Jack couldn't believe it, some of them, were actually on his side about the whole thing. But he was right, if she dies now, then what he did was for nothing. He watches as they all split apart, all of them looking directly at him. Yora steps towards him, folding his arms in front of him.

Yora: "Jack, if you help her, you give up your existence here and will become mortal again. But if you do, you will not be able to come back here, when you die again. You will just no longer exist"
Jack: "I don't care, I just want her to live, whether I have to give up this or my mortality, I don't care as long as she's a live"

Yora nods his head, and everything goes black for Jack. Daniel watches as Jack vanishes, turning to look at Yora, as a smile swept over Yora's face. Daniel looks round at the others, raising his eyebrows as he looks at Yora again.

***************************************************************************************************

3 Weeks

Sam sat in the control room, installing her new dialling out sequence programme. She takes a sip of her coffee, savouring the smell as it reminds her of Jack. She'd found a lot of things, reminded her of him. A certain sound, a certain smell, a certain look someone would give and certain situations they would end up in. She smiles to herself, placing the mug back down on the control panel. The 6 months since his death or ascension, what it was that he went, had past by so slow at first. But then she soon got back into the swing of things. She'd even gone out with Janet and the girls, as Jack had told her to do. It was a good night, except the part when the guy suddenly started slamming his head against the wall, or was having his head slammed against the wall. Then he went flying backwards through the bar's window. She cringes at the memory, leaning forward onto the control consol. She felt someone's hand rest on her shoulder; she glances behind her to see Jonas, sitting down in the seat next to her.

Jonas: "What you doing?"
Sam: "Not a lot, just installing the new dialling program, while its all quiet"
Jonas: "How you doing?"
Sam: "I'm good, feeling a lot better, now that I'm out of the infirmary"
Jonas: "You had us all worried; I thought you weren't going to pull through, at one point"
Sam: "Well, I guessed someone up there was looking out for me, or my number wasn't up yet"

Jonas nods his head, leaning onto the control panel, looking at the various screens. She had notice a slight changed in Jonas, over the past few months. He slightly reminded of Jack, actually nearly everything round her reminded her of Jack, but that's not the point. She would be listening to him go on about things, and suddenly he would used one of Jack's trademarks lines. Jonas was a little lost at first, but he did look to Jack as a surrogate father. She smiles at him, looking down at the screen. Suddenly the room drop into darkness, as the emergence lights came on. Sam and Jonas both look at each other, as the gate started spinning in front of them. Jonas holds his hands up, backing away from the consol.

Jonas: "I didn't do anything, I swear"
Sam: "It's an incoming wormhole, Jonas"

Jonas nods his head, getting out of his seat, as a technician runs in the room. Sam quickly cancels what she's doing, returning the computers back to their normal program. The technician looks at the computer, and then up at the gate. Sam follows his gaze, seeing that the iris wasn't closing over the gate. She stands up, typing something into the technicians control station. Hammond runs down the stairs, a little out of breathe as he comes to a stand still next to Jonas. He looks at Jonas, and then at the screens above their heads.

Hammond: "Why isn't the iris close?"
Sam: "We've been trying sir, but the computer won't accept any of the commands. It's as if were being block out by someone, like the Asguard did when they sent Colonel O'Neill back or when Thor came through"
Hammond: "Do we know if it's the Asguard?"
Sam: "There's no way to know sir"

Hammond frowns stepping forward and grabbing the mic, as Sam turns back to her own consol, trying her best, to get the iris to close.

Hammond: "Security Teams to the Gate room, on the double. I repeat; Security Teams to the Gate room"

The gate bursts into life, as the AF's run into the gate room, getting into their strategic positions in front of the ramp. Sam stands up from her chair, watching the event horizon as it settle back, into its watery form. They were all watching the gate, waiting for the traveller or intruder to step through. They all saw something being thrown from the Stargate, on to the ramp as the gate closes behind them. The room suddenly brightens up, as the emergency lights turn off, and the main lights come back on. Hammond rushes down the stairs, followed by Jonas and Sam, as he enters the gate room. As Sam enters on side of the room, she sees Teal'c enter on the other side. Whatever had just came through the gate, was now moaning in pain, as they roll over. Sam steps in front of Jonas, taking on her protective CO mode. She looks at Hammond, who was staring at the figure on the ramp.

Figure: "Aarrgh…Yora, you didn't have to do that. I could have just walked through, now that I have legs again"

He slowly sits up, covering his face with his hands, as rests his elbows on his knees. Sam slowly steps onto the ramp, taking a closure look at the man, sitting there moaning to himself. She felt Jonas grabbing hold of her shirt, pulling her back as the man rolls onto his knees, keeping his face from sight, as he stands up with his back to them. He stretches his back, rolls his shoulders, and bends his knees a few times, turning round to face them, as he moves his head side to side, cracking his neck in the process. He lets out a sigh of relieve, as it stops cracking as he faces them. They stare at him, their mouths almost reaching the ground as they point their fingers at him. Hammond shakes his head, breaking out of his daze, as he returns to military mode.

Hammond: "Colonel O'Neill?"
Jack: "Well, who else did you expect? The Queen of Sheba"
Hammond: "You're dead"
Jack: "Was dead. It wasn't quite working out for me; they were getting on my nerves"
Hammond: "But how is it possible? You're body was sent back a few days after, we buried you and everything. You should be six feet under"
Jack: "Can't keep a good thing down, sir"

He walks down the ramp, looking down at his clothing, and noticing he had somewhat lost a bit. No wonder he thought it was a little chilly, but at least they had given him some pants. He looks at their faces, the look of shock on all of them. He shakes his head at them, placing his hands on his hips.

Jack: "Maybe I should go to infirmary, sir? You know; make sure I'm whom I say I am?"
Hammond: "Yeah, sure. Report to the Infirmary, Colonel. Actually I think I'll go there myself, I think I might have had a heart attack or something"

Hammond turns away from him, heading towards the door, at a very unusual pace. If he was moving any slower, he wouldn't even be moving. Jack follows behind him, deciding the chat with the others, could wait till they had gotten used to the idea of him being back and a live and kicking. Jack sits on the bed, waiting for Janet to return with his test results. The others were stood by her office door, stealing glances at him, when they thought he wasn't looking. He could tell they were all a little unnerved, with his unexpected return. But so was he, he was expecting to return, straight after he had whatever he had did. He wanted to be there, when she had woken up, and be the first thing she set her eyes on. He looks round the room, trying to find something to occupy himself with, but as usual there was nothing. He looks back at the others, to see them talking to Janet, as she held the file out to them. They all look over Sam's shoulder, as she read through it. She looks up at him, and then back down at the file. She turns her back to him, telling the others something, making them all nod their heads and quickly exit into Janet's office, with the door shutting behind them. Sam slowly turns round, rubbing her face with her hands. He smiles at her, as she slowly approaches him, shoving her hands into her pockets. She stops, looking from him to the chair next to the bed. She quickly sits down, running a hand through her hair, as she works out what she was going to say.

Jack: "Alright, Carter?"
Sam: "Is it really you?"
Jack: "Yeah, it's really me. Miss me?"
Sam: "You wouldn't believe how much"

Jack smiles at her, turning to face her full on, swinging his legs round in front of her. She leans back into the seat, smiling at him as she sighs.

Sam: "How come your back? I thought you had…gone up there"

She motions with her head, towards the ceiling as she crosses her arms across her chest. Jack follows her motion to the ceiling, quickly looking down at his feet, and then looking at her, as he thinks of an answer. Should he tell her the truth, or just make something up, and get on with his life. Well, if there was any chance for them, it might as well start with the truth.

Jack: "I'm back because of you"
Sam: "Because of me? I don't understand"
Jack: "As I was up there, I had powers to do things. I could change things for people, or change their reality some how. Like I could move things, put ideas into people's heads or even make things possible for people. You were hurt badly; I couldn't stand to see you that way, not when I could have done something to change it. So, I sort of…heal you or something, and I'm paying the price for it"
Sam: "You heal me? Paying the price for it?"
Jack: "With the powers, you have certain rules you have to follow. You can't use the powers for personal gain or let your personal feelings, get in the way of your decision. So, I saw you lying there, and I couldn't stand it. Daniel tried to stop me of course, and so did the others, but nothing they said, could stop me from doing it. I would've done it, whatever they had said. So, they told me if I healed you, I would give up my existence up there, and would have to be mortal again. Which suits me find, their all boring up there anyway. Not one of them likes hockey"
Sam: "What a minute. You gave your self up for me again? To save my life again?"
Jack: "Well yeah, but…"

Jack couldn't say anything else, as his mouth was now engaged in a very intense kiss. He opens his eyes, closing them immediately, as he wraps his arms round her waist. She slowly entwines her arms round his neck, running her fingers through his hair. They slowly break apart, the need for air becoming an issue. She pulls him into a hug, almost knocking them over the bed, but Jack grabs hold of the bed, keeping one arm wrap around her waist.

Sam: "I love you so much"
Jack: "I love you too. Carter," She slightly pulls away from him, so she could she his face. "But we can't do anything now that I'm back in the land of the living"
Sam: "Really, didn't noticed I was promoted, did we? It's now, Colonel Samantha Carter. I thought you became all knowing up there?"
Jack: "Huh? When were you promoted?"
Sam: "About the same time I took command of SG-1"

Jack shakes his head; he could have sworn she was still a Major. She smiles at him, as she slowly strokes his face, as he looks at her with his very confused look. They heard someone chuckling behind them, Jack peers over her shoulder, to see Daniel walking towards them. Sam turns in his hold, her mouth immediately dropping at the sight of Daniel.

Jack: "Did you lot keep that from me?"
Daniel: "Well, Jack. Sort of, we all guessed that if Sam ever got promoted, and you two had a chance of being together, you would of work out. That you could of return at any time, all you had to do was used your powers, but you sticking to rules, didn't use any of your powers for personal gain. Except for that incident in the bar"
Sam: "Hang on a minute. What bar?"
Daniel: "Remember your night out? The guy who offered you a lift home?"
Sam: "Yeah, he was weird he was, he threw him self through…Hold on a minute" She turns to Jack, seeing a little grin on his face, as he looks down at the floor. "You, you put him through the window"
Jack: "No, I just bang his head off the wall. Him going through the window, was Danny-boy after he found out about the guy"

Sam shakes her head, covering her face with her hands, as she sits down beside Jack, on the bed. Jack gets up, shoving his hands in his pockets. Daniel un folds his arms, coming closer to Jack.

Daniel: "Jack, are you sure this is what you want?"
Jack: "More than anything. I don't care what happen to me when I'm dead again. As long, as I spend the rest of my life with her, I don't care what happens to me"
Daniel: "Well, just take care of your self. I'll be watching, you know?"
Jack: "Yeah, sure Danny. Hey, do me one favour?"

A smile creeps across Daniel face, as he nods his head, disappearing in front of Jack. Jack nods his head, turning back to Sam, as she finally stops shaking her head. The others come in from Janet's office, all falling into a line, as they stop in front of them. Teal'c bows his head to Jack, Jack just smiles at him, patting him on the shoulder. Janet looks him up and down, making sure for her self, that he was really back in the land of the living. He smiles at her, holing his arm out to her, she frowns at it as she looks up at his cheeky face.

Jack: "Go on, Doc. Check me pulse if you don't believe"

She slowly placing her fingers round his wrist, counting the beats to her self and then smiling to herself, as she lets go of his wrist. Hammond enters the room, a hand being held to his forehead, as he joins the little group. Jack watches him, rubbing his hair as he sits back down next to Sam.

Hammond: "Is it really him?"
Janet: "According to his blood work, dental records and medical files he is"
Hammond: "Well, what am I going to do with him?"
Sam: "He could retake command of SG-1"
Hammond: "But what about you, Colonel?"
Jack: "She'll be back to 2IC, but keeping her rank of course"
Hammond: "And what about the both of you?"

They both look at one another, the question being answer with a look and a smile. They both turn back to Hammond, folding their arms in front of them, at the same time. Hammond couldn't help but grin at them; he didn't need an answer to tell him, what they were going to do. Jonas slowly steps forward, unsure of him, as he folds his arms in front of him.

Jonas: "Colonel?" They both look at him. "I mean Colonel O'Neill. Err…Colonel it's nice to have you…back"

Jack could tell Jonas was little uneasy, especially after seeing him after his death. Jack slowly gets up, tuning to face him straight on. Jonas backs away slightly, as Jack reaches out to him. Jack quickly pulls him into a hug, knowing he'll regret it later, but knew Jonas needed it. Jonas slowly returns the hug, finally feeling Jack except him. He smiles to Sam over his shoulder, as she gives him the thumbs up. Jack pats him on the back, breaking up their hug, as he sits back down next to Sam.

Jack: "Sir, if you wouldn't mind. I'll be getting out of here for a few days, getting back into everyday sort of thing"
Hammond: "Actually, SG-1 is due some downtime. So why don't you all go on downtime for a week, returning back to active duty next week"

Jack smiles at the thought of work, gating to a new planet, meeting new people, being shot at and having to run for his life back to the gate. Things were going to be different, but things were going to be so much better.

***************************************************************************************************

The End
Feedback welcome