samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: cartersg1@aol.com

Spoilers: "Holiday"

Note: * indicate thoughts. This is a first attempt at writing some Sam/Jack fanfic and would greatly appreciate comments, suggestions, etc... all of this is based on a certain little pic that I hold very dear :) Enjoy!


Dr. Frasier pulls the white bed sheet over the face of the recently decessed Mach'ello, a native of another planet that ruined the lives of her team mates for a day by switching their bodies. If it wasn't for her quick thinging, this change would have been perminent. Daniels consciousness in a dying mans body? She couldn't live with that. Not Daniel, her fellow scientist. What about the Colonel and Teal'C? It would have taken some getting used too. How could you look into the face of a Jaffa, but then realize you have to salute him?

As if to break her out of her trance, two infirmary men dressed in white scrubs come in and wheel the gurny out of the room. Frasier takes a glance across the room where Captain Carter is quietly sitting on a bench overlooking their work. Janet gives a short sigh, pulls off her rubber gloves and disposes of them. She walks across the room to Samantha's side and places a hand on her shoulder.

Sam smiles warmly and give Janet a look of reasurance, like the inncident that went on here just a few hours before was a normal occurance. But it wasn't. Sam kept on replaying the memory in her mind, of the notorious high pitched squeal from the heart monitor indicating that the patient was flat linning, then of Daniel falling into a coma. But feels a sense of happiness return as she remembers the barely audible first words of Daniel as he wakes from the coma. "It's good to see that you don't like me only for my looks." Sam softly chuckles to herself as she remembers.

Dr. Frasier speaks quietly, "It looks like you need some rest...go home Captain. It's been another tough day for you." With that, she smiles and leaves the infirmary.

With the infirmary empty, she has more time to think.

Frasier passes Colonel O'Neill as he enters the room and casts his unforgetable smile at Frasier, then spots Sam still gazing at the area where Mach'ello's body once resided. He closes the door behind him quietly. Walking deeper into the room, and closer to the Captain, he breaks the the silence with a calm, un-military-like voice. "Captain..."

Sam, a bit startled by his sudden appearance, glances over her shoulder and gives him a warm smile. "Sir." She turns back to the empty space again. A slight shiver runs through her body at the thought of not being able to reverse the process, and loosing a great friend, as well as Jack and Teal'C. She can't forget them.

Jack walks up behind her, holding his usual stance of both hands in his green fatigue pants pocket. "Penny for your thoughts?" Obviously he senses the look on her face as being one of thought and wonder.

"I was just thinking...about how the SGC would be like without..." she swallowed, then a slight grin graces her face, "without Daniel's sneezing and...all his scientific insights into culture, technology, alien species...the 'other' scientist."

A smirk comes to Jack's weathered, yet still remarkably handsom face, "Ah yes...who could live without the 'other' scientist." The Colonel sits next to Sam on the bench.

Carter risks a side glance at him. She struggles over the correct words to say to him. *Oh, just say it Sam! You know you want to.*

Jack, his own mind reeling, wonders what to say to her next *Is this it? No...it's too early...yes, I'll wait.*

Finally, Sam decides to spill it, her voice showing the slightest bit of nervousness, "I--I would have missed you, too..."

Jack risks his own side glance and grin "Really?"

"Well, yeah. I mean...I think it would be pretty...wierd having to salute Teal'C. Having your consciousness inside Teal'Cs body is...a strange tought. And well..." her last words trail off a bit. She turns her gaze to look at him, and notices that he's staring at her, a slight smile on his lips. He seemed eager to hear the rest of her thoughts. Sam suddenly finds herself staring at him too. *Sam...remember, he's your CO. You guys are on duty!* *Yeah, but he's...well, just look at him. Who can resist those chocolate brown eyes staring back at you?* She slowly begins her sentence, "I like you the way you are...and I don't want anything to change that." She wasn't sure if her last words seemed right to him. *Ok, now that I've said it...what next?*

Soon, her question was answered for her as those warm lips brushed with hers. She took the bait and brought their lips together in a deep passionate kiss. It sparked a long awaited tingle throughout both of their bodies. He brought one arm around and draped it over her shoulder, and with his other hand, he placed it under her chin to bring her kiss closer. They break the kiss for a brief moment.

Jack's voice broke the silence, he spoke softly, so as not to be heared by anyone else but Sam. "I would have missed you too...I never got a chance to thank you." She smiles, communicating to him that his gratitude was paid in the form of another long, passionate and soothing kiss.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End



Didja like? CarterSG1@aol.com