samandjack.net

Story Notes: Authors Note: Dedicated to those who sent feedback for Unbreakable. I’m so sorry!! I just don’t have time to reply to you all!! (You know who you are!!) ;) I hope this makes up for it!

Date: 27th April 2003


Hi Sir.

I’ve been thinking and thinking since we got back from Abydos, but I just can’t find the courage to come and talk to you.

I never thought I’d have that problem.

It always seemed to me that if anything was ever wrong between us it would either be forgotten or buried under a ton of regulation manuals.

But, the thing is, this isn’t about regulations, and try as I may, there’s no way I can forget this.

You see, I’ve been betrayed in a way.

The last time I saw him he was laying in a hospital bed in so much pain, and I couldn’t help. All I did was make things worse.

Do you know how that felt?

Believing that, in a way, I contributed to his suffering.

I guess you don’t, otherwise you would have said something to me, wouldn’t you Sir?

But now he’s gone again.

With barely so much as two words to me.

What’s happened to him Sir? Does he blame me? Aren’t I his friend anymore? Does he care at all?

I don’t expect you to answer these questions. Just to understand.

I’m hurt.

By him. By you. By everything.

The whole situation.

I just want it back.

The way we all used to be.

Friends, colleagues, and then maybe so much more.

But we’re never going to have that, are we Jack?

Sam