samandjack.net



"At Last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song."



I love this song. It's always been a favorite of mine. Especially now, since I've found the man of my dreams. He's handsome and funny, kind and considerate. He loves me for me. Unlike a lot of men, he's not intimidated by my intelligence. In fact, I think he likes the fact that I'm so smart. I remember when we first met. He said that he had no problem with me being a woman, he just had a problem with scientists. He's mellowed out since then, and I think he appreciates scientists a little more.



"At last
The skies above are blue.
My heart was wrapped in clover
The night I looked at you."



We've been through a lot together. Battles, alien viruses, goa'uld infestation, alternate realities, you name it, it seems we've done it. We've been to alien planets, participated in alien rituals, been dressed up in strange outfits. In looking back, it's no wonder that we were drawn together. Being with anyone else would be too mundane. Besides, I haven't really been seriously tempted by any other man. Sure, there was Martouf, but what I felt for him was just the residue of Jolinar's feelings. And there was Narim, but that was more a case of him imposing his feelings over mine. If I'm honest with myself, I was attracted to him from the moment I walked into the conference room before the first Abydos mission.



"I found a dream that I could speak to,
A dream that I can call my own.
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known."



As I lie here beside him, listening to the song drifting from the stereo in the living room, I think back over all the things we've been through together, and what lies ahead of us. Adventure and love, excitement and romance. It's all part of what has made us love each other, the things we've been through, what we've survived. I wouldn't change a thing.

"Sam." He whispers my name. "I love you." He takes me into his arms.

"I love you, Jack." I gently kiss him.



"Oh, you smiled. . .
You smiled and then the spell was cast
Now here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last."



***************************************************************************

The End.