samandjack.net

Story Notes: Authors Note: This one came about as a result of a quote made by Amanda Tapping, recently posted on the SamandJack list. Given the nature of the quote…I guess this fic is for all the Sam/Jack shippers out there!!!!!!


Sunday, 12th January 2003.



Hmm…. end of another pretty long week at work. And a hard one it was. If it hadn’t of been for Teal’c I’m sure I might have gone totally mad and killed someone.

I spent most of the week running around the SGC like a woman possessed, yelling at anyone who got in my way, or who did something wrong.

Yep. Woman possessed.

A woman possessed to get back the man who she respects most in the world…no…scratch that…. universe.

And when we did get him back…it was the best feeling I’d felt in a long time. Granted…he’d been whisked off to the infirmary as soon as his feet touched the ramp…but he was back, and that was all that mattered.

Guilt had spread through me like a dark infestation when I’d seen the injuries he’d obtained while stuck on that planet with Maybourne.

Leg gashed almost to the bone…a deep purple and blue bruise covering the majority of his left cheek.

I kept thinking…if only I had gotten him back sooner…if there was something I could have done. If I only I hadn’t wasted precious time crying. Its not like crying ever solved anything. But…there was just something in me…. that had to get out. Teal’c had been there to drag it out for me…. and a good job too. Actually letting my feelings out for once helped me to regain some focus, helped me remember what I was trying to do. My job wasn’t to yell at everyone. To get upset if someone did something I didn’t like. It wasn’t even to find a miracle solution to bring him home.

No.

My job was to stay strong.

To be here for him when he got back.

That was my job.

It’s one I’ve been doing for nearly seven years, and I’m not about to stop now. I’ll never stop.

See…the thing is…I have this kind of undying love for Jack O’Neill and I don’t think I could ever commit to somebody else while he’s still around.

In fact…I know I couldn’t.

Sure…. I know I’m not Cruella DeVille or anything…but I don’t want just any random guy looking at me. I want him to be.

And I know he is.

You see…we’re waiting.

Waiting for our own…better…paradise lost.



***



That’s it!! I’ve done it!! Finito!! Hope you’ve enjoyed it, and as always…………FEEDBACK me!!! J