samandjack.net

Story Notes: AUTHORS NOTES: Just a little piece I was mucking around with while I was away. Thought I may as well post it.

FEEDBACK: Always appreciated and craved. Put it this way, the more feedback I get the quicker I write my next fic!


Jack O'Neill walked through the corridors of the SGC, trying desperately to avoid the mountain of paperwork on his desk. His thoughts turned to the events that had occurred over the last six months. It had all started when Sam had been captured by some not so friendly natives and sentenced to death.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



"The only way to save the woman is if you wed her" the elder said.

"Wed her as in marry her?" Jack replied, obviously shocked.

"That is correct."

"Woh... uh... okay then. We can leave as soon as we're married?"

The elder nodded. "You may. Law prohibits the killing of a wedded woman."



~~~o0o~~~



Of course Sam had been less than thrilled at the prospect but it was the only way to stop them from killing her, so they they'd got married. He even gave her a ring. It was a simple silver band that she now either wore on her right hand or on her dogtags.

When they returned home General Hammond had been rather unimpressed that his two best officers had tied the knot.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



"Colonel, are you trying to tell me that you and Major Carter are now married?!" The General asked incredulously.

"Ah... yes sir. It was the only way sir. Even with our advanced weapons there were too many of them to fight." Jack couldn't hold the General's gaze, instead his eyes fell apon the ring on Sam's left hand.

Hammond shook his head, trying to clear it. "Well in view of the fact that you were forced to get married and that you haven't consummated the relationship..." He looked up at them quickly. "You haven't, have you?"

"No sir!" Sam and Jack replied together.

The General nodded, relief flooding his face. "Well in that case I don't see the marriage as legally binding. I'll have to clarify it of course but I don't think you need to keep the ring on your finger Major."

Sam looked up surprised, before taking the ring off. She then surprised everyone when she slipped the ring onto her right hand. The look the General gave her demanded an explanation for her actions. "This ring saved my life sir. I'd kinda like to keep it with me for luck."



~~~o0o~~~



So everything appeared to go back to normal. It was decided that the marriage wasn't legally binding and SG1 could remain as a team. But things hadn't gone back to normal for Sam and Jack. The experience had brought them closer together. They started spending more time together and it seemed almost inevitable that something would happen between them. And it did.

Jack had gone to Sam's for dinner. The usual flirting had been taken to a whole new level. Somehow they'd gotten in a wrestling match.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



Jack grabbed Sam and flipped her on her back. Taking her hands in his, he held them above her head while straddling her, effectively holding her down. He grinned in triumph at having won the wrestling match but his face soon changed to one of pure desire as he took in Sam's flushed face, heaving chest and the position they were in. Sam's expression changed too as she looked into the lust filled eyes of her colonel.

Their first kiss was tentative, both unsure, but their desire soon took over and their kisses deepened. Jack pulled back as Sam started tugging on his shirt. "You sure about this Sam? We can take our time you know. There's no rush." It wasn't like he didn't want this to happen but he wouldn't mind waiting for this woman, she was too important to him.

Sam just smiled wickedly at him. "Jack, we've had three years of foreplay. I think we're ready for the main event now." She pulled him back towards her to prove her point.



~~~o0o~~~



They had consummated their relationship that night and had been together ever since. They weren't planning on telling anyone about their new found romance, thinking it would be better for all concerned if they were discreet, but one by one their three closest friends had discovered their secret.

Janet had been the first to find out. Her questions had started when Sam had asked to go on the pill. Janet had asked who she was seeing but Sam had just told her it was nobody she knew. Janet hadn't been convinced. She knew Sam and could see she was keeping a secret. To the doc's credit, she didn't push. She knew she'd find out soon enough, and she did. About two weeks later Jack had been struck down with a mystery illness. Janet told him later how Sam had refused to rest until he was cured.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



"You know Colonel, Sam was very concerned about you" Janet said casually.

"Is that right?" Jack replied, trying to act innocent.

"Yes. She was either here by your side or in the lab helping find a cure the whole time. I couldn't even order her to rest. She cares alot about you" she finished with a smile.

"Correction Janet. I love him" Sam said from the doorway, knowing that Janet had figured it out. She walked over to the bed and kissed Jack, ignoring her friends triumphant grin.



~~~o0o~~~



Daniel had found out next. They had gated to a tropical paradise. Sam and Jack had gone for a walk, to secure the perimeter of course, and ended up sitting on a cliff watching the sun set.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



"Isn't this beautiful Jack" Sam breathed.

"You're beautiful" Jack replied, moving closer to nuzzle her ear.

Sam smiled and couldn't help the small moan that escaped as Jack's tongue made it's way down her neck. "What happened to no fraternization while on duty?" She inquired, but didn't try to stop his hand from cupping her breast.

"I can't help it. We haven't been alone for almost a week. I'm having withdrawals."

Their lips met in a passionate kiss and Jack gently lowered Sam to the ground, his hand slipping under her shirt as he laid over her.

It was then that the excitable archeologist ran around the corner. "Guys you've gotta come and see..." He stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted his friends. "Oh... um... never mind... uh sorry." His face turned crimson and he turned to hurry back the way he came.

"Danny, wait a minute" Jack said as he got off Sam and pulled her up.



~~~o0o~~~



They had explained to Daniel that they were in a relationship and in love. He had been so happy for them, even went as far as saying they were made for each other. They decided that since Daniel knew it was only fair that they let Teal'c know what was going on as well. His reaction had surprised them the most.



~~~o0o~~~

*Flashback*



Jack, Sam and Daniel walked back to the campsite, where Teal'c was making a fire.

"Ah Teal'c, we'd like to talk to you about something" Sam started.

"Is there a problem Major Carter?" Teal'c asked, turning his attention to his friends.

"No Teal'c, there's no problem. There's just something that the Major and I feel you should be aware of" Jack told him.

"Have the two of you finally realised your feelings for each other?"

"What?!" Sam and Jack said in unison.

"How did you know?" Daniel asked.

"It has been obvious since the beginning Daniel Jackson."

"Wish someone had informed me sooner" Jack said under his breath.

"So you're okay with this Teal'c?" Sam asked, wanting to be sure.

"I am happy that my friends have finally found each other" he said with a slight bow.



~~~o0o~~~



They had been shocked to say the least. Teal'c had informed them that their mutual attraction had always been obvious to him but he was beginning to think that they would never realise it.

So that was how things were. Sam and Jack were deliriously happy and they could now be together around their three best friends.

Jack was pulled from his thoughts as he heard a familiar laugh coming from Janet's office. He knocked on the door before opening it. Sam and Janet were sitting down, drinking coffee and obviously gossiping. "Here I am working my ass off and you two are sitting here socialising!" He said in mock disgust.

Sam laughed, getting up to give him a quick kiss. "But it's such a cute ass" she said, patting the part of anatomy in question.

"Flattery will get you everywhere" he said, pulling her close.

"Well then" she said with a mischievous grin. "You better finish that mountain of paper work on your desk than so we can go home tonight. Then we'll see just how far flattery will get me."

Jack raised an eyebrow. "In that case let's go now. The paperwork can wait!"

They both laughed and after saying goodbye to Janet, headed home to find out how true that statement was.



THE END