samandjack.net



Samantha Carter looked slowly around the room. A soft moan escaped from her parted lips. She moved to the nine foot Christmas tree to put a stubborn ornament back in it's place for the third time in less than ten minutes.

"Stay, put! This is the last time I pick you up from the floor."

She had been at the hostipal since early morning helping decorate the Visitor's Lounge for the children's Christmas Party.

"How do I get myself into theses messes? Life use to be so calm and even. I got up...went to work (work, which I might add, I loved)...then, came home, with only a slight degree of difference in my schedule each day. Now look at me. Each day is something new and totally different. She loved her old life before the Stargate but, this new life was her destiny and she loved every second of it.

"I can't believe he talked me into wearing this costume", she thought. Her face transformed into a glowing beacon of love when she remembered exactly how he coaxed her into it. She moved over to straighten a tall candy cane which had fallen over. She took a step back to admire her work.

"Not bad for a Star-hopping Astrophysicist."

"Not Bad, indeed," came a voice from behind her.

"How long have you been standing there?" Sam asked.

"Long enough to see the sexiest Santa's Helper, this side of the galaxy bend over to fuss with a certain candy cane. A view I might add, that will be imprinted on my brain for all eternity."

Sam's heart began to race as he drew near. Colonel Jack O'Neill was dressed as Santa from his head to his toes. His eyes sparkled as they looked at her. He was absolutely lethal in that suit. Especially, to her. She quickly looked up at him and eyed him with fake anger.

"It will be the last time I let you pick out a costume for me, Colonel Jack O'Neill. This Santa's Helper dress is shorter than most of my blouses," she tugged at the white fur trimmed hem trying without success to lengthen it.

His gaze moved over her, as she spoke. His eyes took in every detail of the costume from the white fake fur around the neckline, to the white fur trimmed sleeves at her slender wrists. To finally, the fur of the same color around the hem of the short and yes, he meant 'short' skirt of the red velvet dress. He loved the way it fitted her like a glove in the bodice and sleeves and flared into a full skirt at her waist. The fur trimmed hem swirled around her as she walked showcasing her long beautiful legs. His hands inside the white gloves he was wearing, itched to slide down the long columns of her black hosed legs.

"O'Neill, you salty old dog. You out did yourself, this time," he thought as he placed one arm around her small waist and drew her to him.

"You still love me, anyway, don't you," he told her before placing a sounding kiss on her lips.

Before she could answer, the double doors of the Visitor's Lounge swum open.

"Hey, break it up you two. The children should be here anytime. Eighteen months married, and you two still act like you are on your Honeymoon."

Dr. Janet Frazier led two men, each laden down with a huge bag through the doors.

"Daniel, you and Teal'c can placed those your bag of gifts over by Santa's chair."

A huffing Daniel eased his load to the floor.

"Janet, what kind of toys are in here. They weigh a ton."

She laugh and placed a hand on his arm.

"Remind me tomorrow to set up an excerise program for you. I have one in mind that builds up stamina."

Daniel lend forward and whispered in her ear.

"You, didn't complain about my stamina last night."

She gave him a devilish look, "No, last night you took a lickin' but, kept on tickin'."

A flushed covered Daniel's face as he remember the previous night. "That could explain my somewhat weakened state today."

The petite Janet placed a hand on Daniel's chest and whispered for his ear's only, "Just remember good things always come in small packages."

Both Sam and Jack looked at the two. They smiled at what they saw.

"Were we once like that?" she whispered.

"You two were worst," came a deep voice softly behind them.

Teal'c continued on, "The looks, the touches, the pride and love in each of your eyes when the other succeed, was always present. DanielJackson and I would discuss in detail why the two of you did not recognize what many, saw so clearly."

"Worst, you say?"

"Yes."

Jack eyed his friend suspiciously, "How so?"

"If it were not for the efforts of DanielJackson, Dr. Frazier and myself, I am confident to say you would still be as you once were. Separate....apart....but, together only in your hearts."

"And your efforts will not go unappreciated." Sam said as she stood on tiptoes to place a kiss on his cheek. "We will be always in your debt."

"You are debt-free, SamanthaCarterO'Neill, the pleasure was ours," He smiled and bent his head to her. A twinkle in the huge Jaffa's eyes appeared as he continued. "But, your husband on the other hand is a different story."

"Hey, wake a minute, who has saved your sorry ass time and time again?" Jack quickly taking the bait from his joking friend

"Just. .....Who?"

"SamanthaCarterO'Neill." He replied quickly in one breathe.

Jack eyed Teal'c and burst out laughing.

"Damn Right! From your mouth to God's ears, old Buddy." Did I ever thank you, by the way for those 'efforts'?"

"Many time, my Friend, many times."

Everyone, stopped as the doors bust open. "They're, coming......They're coming," announced an excited eleven-year old Cassandra. "Everybody get ready."

Daniel, Teal'c, Janet and Cassandra moved quickly to their assigned places around the room. Cassandra pulled her mother's hand.

"Come on, Mom! We have to be ready before they get here." A laughing Janet moved away from Daniel and followed her daughter to the Christmas tree.

Jack lead Samantha over to Santa's big chair, but before he sat down, he pulled a Santa's hat out of his pocket.

"You forgot this," he told her as he shook the hat before placing it on her blonde head.

"Perfect," he told her as he stole one last kiss before the doors were opened wide to herald in the children.



**********************************



Two and a half hours later, music from the CD player softly filled the air around her. Sam, stood looking around the room, now empty of children. She bent to pick up the last piece of wrapping paper from the floor. The hat Jack had placed on her head still remained in it's spot.

A pair of strong arms encircled her from behind. She felt the big brass buckle of Jack's Santa suit bite into the small of her back. She felt his warm breathe as he kissed the side of her neck, moving them back and forth to the soft music.

"Did you have a good time? Are you sorry I talked you into doing this?" he asked her in between placing kisses along her shoulder and neck.

"It was wonderful and you know you can talk me into doing almost anything," she slapped at his hands playfully.

"Anything?"

"Hmmmm....Almost?"

"How about wearing this "sweet little costume" just for Dear OLE' Santa, tonight?"

"I think that can be arranged, if you tell me what you're getting me for Christmas?" she playfully tugged at his sleeve.

She felt his hold loosen as he stopped swaying back and forth to the music.

"Jack, what's wrong?"

"Honey, I got to go. You know Santa is his busiest on Christmas Eve. If you're a good girl, Santa will bring you something Special," He moved away from her and started to remove the big suit in swift movements. In just minutes, he stood before her, wearing jeans and a sweater.

Holding the Suit and beard he had just discarded, Sam questioned him.

"O'Neill, are you trying to say your haven't finished your Christmas shopping yet?"

"Not exactly, but you are close," he kissed her quickly as he moved towards the doors.

"Oh, Brother Teal'c," he called to his friend standing with Daniel and Janet at the nurse's station just outside of the Visitor's Lounge. "What do you know about shopping at a crowd Mall on the afternoon before Christmas?"

"Not a thing, O'Neill." replied the solemn Jaffa.

"Good! Time I educated you, then." Looking at the other man, "Coming Daniel?"

Both Samantha and Janet looked at each other and laughed as the trio headed towards the elevator.



The End