samandjack.net

Story Notes: A/N: Thanks to Allie for being a great beta and answering my many questions ;) This is dedicted to anyone sitting exams, especially their Highers as this provided some relaxation for me at breaks.


*Bam! Bam! Bam!*

Jack has been hitting his foot off that crumbling wall for the past five minutes, or fifteen for all I know, I've lost track of time. I'm restless too, but he really can't seem to stay still. Jack is a man of action.

*Bam! Bam! Bam!*

"Sir . . ." I plead.

*Bam!*

"SIR!"

I see his foot stop mid air, shocked at first at my outburst, but then he looks a little guilty.

"Oh, eh, sorry Carter, didn't even realize I was doing it there," he apologizes, shoving his hands in his pocket before walking over to sit down beside me with a thump on the mattress. I don't know if you would call the lumpy thing we're sitting on a mattress . . . more some hay shoved in a really large bag of material, but it's still better than the cold, hard floor.

Jack takes off his cap and starts playing with it, rolling it over in his hands.

"I just hate not doing anything; it feels like we've been here for days, doing *nothing*." He hurtles his cap forward aiming for the door handle but it falls to the floor with a flop. I feel quite sorry for him now as he throws his hands into the air in frustration. Searching for comforting words, I fall back on the obvious.

"We'll be out soon; Daniel will be working on it."

"I wish they'd hurry up."

I know what he means. At the beginning it was fine -- maybe even good -- to spend some time with Jack, but as the hours wore on, Jack's patience wore thin. Our situation isn't really that serious, more annoying than anything. We were just going on our usual exploration mission, getting to know some friendly inhabitants who had developed some interesting drugs. After a few hours, some of the natives came running and shouting from the forest. Daniel said they were saying something about Jack and I treading on sacred ground, but he assured us he would fix it. I think he will, because although the villagers were rather rough, the leader of the village seemed most keen to welcome his new visitors and enjoyed showing off his local merchandise.

"I'm sure Daniel and Teal'c will be fine; their leader seemed friendly enough and I'm..."

"It's not them I'm worried about, it's my sanity!" he exclaims. "I bet Daniel will take this opportunity to get a full detailed explanation of their culture, their religion, their history, their god damn dental records before getting around to breaking us out!" he flings himself onto his back with a groan.

His truly exasperated tone earns him a smile and the shake of my head as I turn around to get a better look at him.

"What to you want me to do?" I ask helplessly.

He pauses thoughtfully for a few seconds then a small smile spreads across his face,

"Do y'wanna play a game?" he leans on an elbow, his grin growing by the second.

I find a smile creeping up on me too. I just can't help it, he has this childlike charm that makes me just want to give him a huge hug. Although… sometimes he's so unlike a child, and so, well, wow! that hugging him is far from my mind. Or there's the soldier, Colonel Jack O'Neill, "the man of incredible loyalty and bravery." Other times he is all brooding and dark, and you can't read him at all. Or there's just Jack, the O'Neill that's rarely seen, only coming out when you least expect it, but when he does… Oh. My. God. That's the one that I really love, the others are merely decoration. When "Jack" comes out I wonder if I can really keep up this military professionalism that we force up every day. Right now he has an adorable confused look on his face. Confused? I got just a bit side tracked there, he is presently waiting for me to answer,

"What kind of game?" I finally reply.

"Well, it's a word associating game," he states.

"Shouldn't we be trying to finding a way to get out of here?" I only half heartedly try to argue, badly covering up the fact I really can't refuse him when he gets into these moods.

"Nah, like you say Danny'll have it under control and I'm bored. Come on, Cassie taught it to me it. Pleeeeeease," he pleads in a whiny voice.

"Fine," I reply, as I slowly lie back on the mattress, elbows propping myself up. It shouldn't be too bad if Cassie was playing it, "What do I have to do?"

"I'll say a word and you need to say the first thing that comes into your head, and no thinking; it has to be a quick answer!"

"Okay," I don't know if I like the sound of this. Why do I want to do this again? I lift up my head and see those mirth filled eyes and that small smile…now I remember.

"Right and remember, no thinking – Stargate."

"Wormhole."

"Happy."

"Smile."

"Sun."

"Moon."

"General."

"Hammond."

"Jack."

"Eyes."

I gasp as I realize what I just said. Stupid, stupid, Sam. Damn those chocolate eyes. I can see him grinning like mad. I bet he did that on purpose!

"Ha! I knew my eyes were irresistible!" he cries.

"I wouldn't get so cocky, it happened to be what part of you I was looking at when you said your name," I feel the heat rise it my cheeks and curse myself for being so easy to be manipulated in his company.

"Mmmm likely excuse. . ."

"I think we should swap around," lets see how he likes it, "ok . . . black."

"White."

"Donuts."

"Yum!"

"Janet."

"Doc."

"Christmas."

"Tree."

"Sam."

"The best damn Major a colonel could ask for, and a women who loves my eyes."

"Ha! You were thinking!" I go to give him a warning punch but he grabs my hand. I look up to his face, ready to get annoyed, when I catch something I don't expect, something that knocks me off balance. It's his eyes. Not the fact that they have that lovely deep brown color that I have admitted to love, but the thing behind them. Oh God, oh God…it's "Jack". You know, the one I really can't resist. This is really not good, especially as he has begun lowering my hand and drawing small circles on the back of it with his thumb. I close my eyes, savoring this moment of forbidden contact. I feel his lips brush mine. I'm not as shocked as I should be; in fact, it feels so natural. I sense his ragged breathing right next to my face and I slowly open my eyes. He is staring right into them, searching for a kind of sign, any sign allowing him to continue.

I give it to him, lets screw the regs, I want -- no -- I need this.

I lean forward, keeping our eyes in contact until the last fraction of a second in case either of us has second thoughts. I tilt my head and kiss him. He responds instantly and the kiss is slow and sensual, as if afraid any sudden movement will break the electrical current that seems to be flowing between us. Soon after though, I feel a growing hunger to explore more of him, all of him. I cup the back of his neck, as he puts his arms around my waist, moving his body on top of mine as we make this kiss more demanding. He slides his tongue into my mouth and I let out a moan. Jack shivers, continuing the search of my mouth. But stops suddenly, resting his forehead against mine, catching his breath. After a moment he whispers,

"Isn't the world supposed to end now or something. I mean, it can't be this easy- can it?"

I can't help but grin at this typical Jack comment. Even in the most intense moments he can make me smile.

"Seriously, you sure about this Sam?" he cautiously asks.

Sam? Sam. I like that.

"No thinking, right?"

I see the end of his lips curl up,

"Right."

End!

Feedback would be loved, help me improve!