samandjack.net

Story Notes: Note: this story is the first story I wrote so please give me some feedback so I'll know if I should ever write again or if there should be more.

Lora_232@yahoo.com


He left.

Everything hurts and he left. I don't know if the pain comes from the Wounds, or him being gone. Why did he leave? How could he just leave me? When I woke up Janet looked at me with a smiling face, she said "welcome Back" but I could see it in her eyes. Something was different, something Bad has happened. The SGC will never be the Same, SG-1 will never be the same and I will be forever different without him.

I'm feeling better now. The wounds are healed. But I have to know why he left. Maybe I should go and look for him in his place. Maybe he's still there. Maybe I should talk to Daniel first.



@@@@@@@@@



"I don't know Sam. None of us heard from him. I'm not sure he wants to talk to us"

"We can't just let him leave"

"We're not letting him. You just don't know how hard we fought it Sam. Something must have happened"

"Well if something happened he'll need his friends there for him"

"I don't know..."

"I finally do"

I left I just left. Daniel's mouth stayed open as I stormed out of the room. Time to find you Jack.



@@@@@@@@@@@@@



His house. I can't believe I didn't come here mounts ago. But will he be here?

I knock, no one answer, the door is open. I'm in side now. It looks like who ever lives here is leaving, that Jack is leaving. The house is almost empty. I walk around hoping to find someone. I find a room I never saw before and I come in. its so beautiful in here. So many amazing places, so Many people. "Who painted this?" I whisper in the silence

"I did"

I turn around and there he is. Jack.

"I didn't know you paint, sir"

"Call me Jack"

"Jack"

"I stopped painting a while back. I don't know why I started again, I only know why I stopped"

"Why?"

"You didn't come here to talk about my hubbies major"

"No I didn't"

"Why are you here?"

"You never even said good bye"

"I did, you just couldn't hear me at the time"

"I thought we were friends" she was getting mad

"We are"

"Then why did you do it? why did you leave us?"

"Sam I didn't leave you I left the SGC"

"We haven't heard from you"

"I needed to be alone"

"You didn't even care"

"I knew you're all right?"

"How did you do that?"

"Kept in touch with Janet"

"You could've asked me"

"I couldn't look in your eyes"

"You still won't"

"ya"

She moved, closing the space between them. She raised his head and they looked at each other. What Sam saw she was not ready for. So much pain, loneliness, emptiness and death.

"What happened?" she barely whispered

"Doesn't matter"

"Yes it does"

"Sam..."

"Jack..."

"Don't go there"

"I have to, you have to"

He walked around and no one talked for a while.

"Skaara's dead" he suddenly whispered painfully. Sam snapped her head to her other side and looked at Jack. 'It can't be'

"When?" she finally found her voice again.

"My last mission with SG-1"

"I didn't see him"

"Yes you did, you just can't remember it"

"I didn't know"

"He died in my arms"

"I'm sorry... who ever did this will..."

"I killed him" he interrupted

He said it all now. 'There is no point in not telling her' he thought.

"wa... why?" She lost her words

"It was the only way to stop him from killing you"

She looked and tried to comprehend what he just told her. A single tear fell down the path she loved so much that was his face. She came closer again whipping it off.

"Thank you" she said with out a breath

"You're wel..." he couldn't finish it

"I'm so sorry"

"I know"

"Why did you leave? You could've stayed"

"No I cant"

"Why?"

"I'm not in a mental condition to go through that stargate"

"What do you mean?"

"Like I was in the first stargate mission. I went on it knowing I'm gonna die. No one needs that now."

"Why were you like that?"

"Charlie"

"You have to come..."

"I cant!"

"There is something for you there"

"What?"

'I guess Jack's not the only one whose gonna say some things from the heart today' "A woman that loves you"

He raised his eyebrows And she kissed him, a passionate, consuming, heart-braking kiss.

"Oh"

"I love you Jack. Wow, I finally said it"

"Finally?"

She smiled deviously

"Sam?"

"What?"

"I love you"

She looked in his eyes. They were almost alive again. She smiled again. 'The most beautiful smile I ever saw' Jack thought And they kissed again. It was so tender yet so powerful. Sam pooled apart.

"I want you to know I understand"

"I know"

Then her watch beeped.

"Some where else to be?"

"ya, the general will kill me. Bye Jack"

She tried to go but he held her hands. She came closely, kissed him shortly And pleasantly said "bye Jack" and then she was gone.



@@@@@@@@@



He walked around the house trying to think. No one knew what happened inside that room, and Sam couldn't remember. 'I miss him' he thought 'and I love her' he finally let the words come out. Even in his own mind he wouldn't let the words out. He held a battle with him self over his heart and no one was winning. He found him self back in that room with his paintings. He took the blanket of a few of them. There were two pictures there. One of Sam's next to one of Skaara. 'This is so hard, I love them both' he sat down and looked at the two faces that looked at him with blank eyes. And he finally knew what his choice is.



@@@@@@@@@@



A week later



Sam hadn't heard from Jack the week since their meeting. She went to the house but it was empty, there was one painting left there for her to find. It was SG-1. There was a note next to it.

"The best team I ever had, thank you"

Tears were falling down her face. "How can he leave?" she whispered in the darkness.

"He has to"

She turned to find Daniel in the doorway.

"I guess so" and she cried till there were no tears left "I love him Daniel"

"I know Sam, I know"



@@@@@@@@@



3 days later



"SG-1 I would like you to meet your team leader" the general said.

"All ready?"

"Give him time"

Daniel and Sam said. Sam would not let the idea of him being gone sink in. and Daniel, as much as he didn't get along with Jack, could not imagine SG-1 or his life with out him. They were both standing facing the general. Teal'c looked at the entrance where their new leader stood, he nodded towards him.

"I don't want to hear anything about this. You have a mission in 1 hour, be ready."

And so the general left the room with out giving them any time to argue. Sam went after him. Daniel thought he might as well meet this new guy. He stood there for a second putting this nice (and very fake) smile on his face and turned around. And then the smile spread to a real smile. He came closer to him and gave him a welcome back hug.

"Jack, you're back"

"Missed me?"

"Oh yea" Daniel said mockingly, knowing that somewhere beyond the jock there is something very real. Then he thought what Sam reaction will be and gave him self a knowing smile.

"Come on, we have a mission to get ready for"

The three of them left the room.



@@@@@@@@@@



As they were getting their gear Sam came in to the room along with the general. Daniel didn't get what they were talking about, something about the stargate. Suddenly Sam froze. A smile spread on both Daniel's and the generals face, you could almost see a smile on Teal'cs face even. She closed the distance between her and Jack fast and held him tit.

"Welcome back, sir" she said and then she whispered so only he could hear "I'm here, Jack"

"We both are, and in some ways so is he" it took him a minute till he said loudly with out letting go of her "lets go, campers"

'Now that's the Jack I love to dislike' Daniel thought.

Everyone got out of the room and as soon as they were out Sam and Jack kissed. Daniel could see they're not coming and got back to the room to find them. As he got there they were just getting out. Sam kept walking past him.

"Everything's ok?" he asked Jack.

"Just great" and he saw something he almost never saw. Jack smiled.

'Could she have told him, and they're together??' Daniel wandered. And as he got to the event horizon he thought 'naa, couldn't be'



End.

Feedback???