samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: jemme_ring@yahoo.co.uk

Story Status: Complete

Series/Sequel Info: None

Season: Between Six and Seven

Spoilers: Meridian maybe.

Archive Permissions: Jackfic, Carterfic, Heliopolis, SJ yes. Anyone else please ask!

File Size: 23 KB

Authors Note: Short and kinda pointless. I just needed something to do! Dedicated to my Nan who is in hospital at the moment, but is coming out on Monday.


‘I can’t believe he’s back.’

‘Yeah, me either,’ I reply quietly.

The Colonel and I sit in the commissary eating jello and doing the normal debating the meaning of life thing.

Apart from instead of life, it’s the return of Daniel.

Yep. You heard right. Daniel, back. De-ascended. Un-glowed. Re-embodied. All that stuff.

‘Its good though,’ I add.

‘Oh yeah,’ he hurriedly agrees whilst digging at his jello with a fork. ‘Really…good.’

‘Yeah.’

My turn to poke some jello. I dig my fork in it and then pull it out again slowly, memorised it for no reason.

‘It’s great,’ the Colonel emphasises.

‘Yeah!’ I quickly add. ‘It’s really great.’

Looking across the table I raise my eyes up his dessert glass until I see his face. He looks pensive as he speaks again.

‘And, it’d be brilliant…if…only…’ he trails off into a mumble and decides not to finish his sentence. So, I do it for him.

‘If only we hadn’t of moved on.’

It’s now his turn to look up at me. In some ways I can’t believe I spoke the words. The words that we were both thinking but that the infamous Jack O’Neill couldn’t bring himself to say.

A ghost of a smile touches his face, a smile for me. Thanking me for saying the words, and for understanding.

‘Yeah’, he replies quietly.

The silence returns again, but this time it’s welcomed.

All that’s needed to be said has done. Both of us know how the other feels about this turn of events, and how we feel is the same.

I resume the task of poking my jello, and he does the same.

Now it’s time to help each other through this turn of events.

That he’s back.



***

That’s it!! I’ve done it!! Finito!! Hope you’ve enjoyed it, and as always…………FEEDBACK me!!! J

14/12/2002