samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: blue-topaz@lycos.com

FEEDBACK: is very much appreciated, so yes, please send one

ARCHIVE: SJD-yes.

STATUS: COMPLETE

SPOILERS: none

NOTE: Thanks to Rosemary who beta-read this. Enjoy ...

--------------------------------------------------
URL of this story:
www.geocities.com/bluetopazfic/isosceles.htm
--------------------------------------------------


*JONAS’S POV*

WHAT?

I had to tell someone. I had to talk to someone. I had to let someone else know. I had to tell the Colo -- no, go back and rephrase that, I had to tell Sam. Yes, tell Sam. Let Sam deal with it. She was better at these thing that me ... well, at least with things that concerned Colonel O’Neill.

“Jonas, are you alright?” asked Liliana. She was one of the Dunian diplomatic representatives who SG2 had made the first contact with around four months ago. Their level of technology was somewhat similar to Earth and they were more that eager to form an alliance much to our delight.

I cleared my throat, “Are you sure about that?” I couldn’t help but ask for confirmation. People could misinterpret what they heard; I could not afford to misunderstand, not when the Colonel was involved.

The dark hair woman who sat in front of me smiled, “I know Dian through and through, we grew up together, so to answer your question,” she paused deliberately, her equally dark eyes twinkled, “Yes, I’m sure.”

Uh oh. Big, big, BIG trouble.

“Jonas, what do you call this food again?” asked Liliana, dropping the subject while she tentatively poked the Jell-O surface with her spoon. The Dunian insisted that they would like to send their best man and woman to Earth, to live here and learn more about us for a full month. Colonel O’Neill compared them with exchanges students, ‘They send us a bunch of smart and bright and *annoying* kids behind the pretence of learning new experience and stuff. When in fact their parents just want to get rid of them,’ he said sullenly as Hammond assigned SG1 to be their chaperones. Yep, the Colonel was not a happy camper; he hated ‘babysitting’ scientists.

“We called it Jell-O, try it,” I encouraged her. Maybe it was the texture that put her off. She dug in her spoon and scooped a small amount of the clear yellow jelly. She studied it for a while before finally putting it back to the glass.

She wrinkled her nose and pushed the glass away, “Maybe later.”

“Yeah, hey, listen. I have to go to Sam’s lab, do you mind if I leave you here alone for a while?” I really needed to talk to Sam and get this out of my system as soon as possible.

She drew a plate with a slice of an apple pie near to her spoon in hand. The curious woman was ready to inspect the new item, not taking her eyes from the plate, she answered, “Yeah, sure.” I don’t know whether to be offended or not, she was more interested in the pie than me.

“Thanks,” I glanced up to her SF (the General had insisted that every Dunian needed to be escorted with an SF, with or without SG-1 presence) and gave him a head signal, he nodded back.

I left the commissary and headed down to Sam’s lab. Hopefully, she was there. A man could only hold so many secrets. I peeked through her lab’s door, YES, she was there. Her head was buried under a stack of folders.

“Sam,” I stepped inside her lab and approached her.

The Major’s head tilted up to meet me, “Jonas,” she smiled before frowning, “I though you were with Liliana.”

“Yes, I am,” I answered her, “In fact I’m going back to her in a minute, I just needed to talk to you about something.”

She closed the folders, “What is it?” now I have her full attention.

“It’s about Colonel O’Neill,” I leaned forward and whispered to her, “One of our Dunian friends has an interest in him.”

There was a look in Sam’s face that I couldn’t describe. “Interest?” her voice quivered with uncertainty.

“Yes, a *serious* interest,” I tried to make it as clear as possible. I didn’t want any confusion in what I was saying, “I thought the Colonel ought to be aware of that fact,” I shrugged my shoulder.

She looked down to her hand for a while, contemplating my word. When she finally lifted her head, she asked, “Which one?”

There are four Danian’s scientists in total that took part in this ‘exchange’, “Dian.”

>>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o>o