samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: Life's Little Curve: Part One: Diagnosis Life's Little Curve: Part Two: Night Before Life's Little Curve: Part Three: The Call Life's Little Curve: Part Four: The Love Life's Little Curve: Part Five: All Day Life's Little Curve: Part Six: Aftermath of Surgery Life's Little Curve: Part Seven: Changing Tunes

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Heliopolis yes, others just let me know.

I am very interested as to what you have to say about this series, so please send me feedback.


Sam's POV

Three Weeks Later



Well this is the moment of truth. Today I go back to work. Light Duty mind you. Since my release from the hospital, I have been staying with Jack. My Dad went back to the Tok'ra and I have been doing all I can to keep from going stir crazy. Work will be a pleasant change. Jack, I can tell is not real ready for this. I think if he had his way, he would keep me in bed. That would not be such a bad idea if he would stay in bed with me all of the time.

First clue that your lover is not ready for you to go back to work would be that he forgot to pick up your fatigues from the base. That was an easy cure though. I will just wear his. I take one more look in the mirror and go out into the kitchen.

"Morning," I say as I wrap my arms around Jacks neck and begin to kiss him. "You know what today is don't you?"

"Say, lets play hooky and go to a hockey game." Jack suggests. Ok so that is the second clue that you lover is not ready for you to go back to work. He is trying to find things for you to do.

"Alright, Jack, I have had enough. I have tons of stuff to do in my lab. Do you not want me to go back because of what may happen? Or is it because you are now going to be my lab assistant? Or is it that this is my first treatment on base and I get my chest bandages off today?" Suddenly it all sank in. This will be the first look at what I don't have anymore. I sank into the chair.

"Sam? Sam? Are you alright?" Jack moved closer now on his knees in front of me.

"Jack, this is now me." I say softly.

"Sam, hold that though." Jack backed away and went into the other room with the phone. Minutes later, Jack was back. "Sam, it is not that bad. I love you, no matter what."

I moved in closer to kiss him, but he had other ideas. Jack pulled off my shirt to reveal the white bandages that went around my chest. Then he took me by the hand and escorted me to the bedroom. Standing me in front of his dresser mirror, he turned me to look directly at it. Then Jack carefully tugged at the bandage and started to take it off.

"Jack!" I panicked a bit.

Jack moved in front of me and kissed me. Instinctively I closed my eyes. Jack continued with the bandages but never broke the contact with our lips. That was until he was done and the bandage was on the floor.

"Sam, Love, open your eyes." Jack said taking my hands into his.

"I can't look." I say.

"It is part of the war that you vowed to fight and win. But if you will not open your eyes then," Jack then took my hands that were in his and ran them up along. Together we felt my chest. I started to cry. "It is alright, Sam. You are beautiful." Then I felt what I was not expecting. Jack slowly moved down and started to kiss that area on my chest. The sensation was overwhelming. I smiled and then pulled Jacks face to mine and I kissed him passionately. It was then that I knew that I had to do everything I can to be with Jack the rest of both of our lives.

Two hours late for work, Jack and I finally show up at the base. Things seem a bit quiet for the base. There at the Gate stood General Hammond. "You two are late. I expected more out of you two. You two will come with me." The General yelled. I took a step back. I do not think I had ever done so much to warren this type of anger before. Jack just took my hand and we followed General Hammond.

"Major, you will wait here, while I discuss things with The Colonel here." I took a deep breath. Because of me, Jack was now going to get into trouble.

Twenty minutes passed before the door opened again. Hammond stepped through fuming. "I expected more out of you, Major, get into my office." I walked through the door to see Jack standing right there.

Like the trained soldier I was, I stood there at attention and waited for Hammond to lay in. Instead of that he turned. "I think I will deal with you after the briefing that I had to postpone 2 hours. Now get into the Briefing room!" Hammond ordered.

I was more shocked when I saw the Banner that read 'Welcome Back Sam!' And almost all of the SGC there in attendance. I looked over at Hammond and he came over and hugged me. "Well I had to keep you busy some how." He said as we parted.

I hugged almost everyone, but always I keep in close proximity to Jack. The part was great but everyone knew they at they had to get back to work, so the party died down very quickly. SG1 was left in the briefing room in the end.

"So here we are again. We are back together." Daniel said.

"That is until you ship out with SG2 in 30 minutes." I added. I would tell you how I know but I would not want Jack to find out.

I started to yawn a bit. This party did wear me out. I seem to tire more and more. Jack notices, "Say Major, why don't we go check to see if everything is where you left it in your Lab. Danny, Teal'c, Make sure you bring back some toys for Sam to play with on your mission."

"Oh we will. Take care Sam." Daniel said and then left. Teal'c gave his comments and followed Daniel.

"Well Ma, I think out little bays are all grown up." Jack said and I smiled back. We started to walk to the lab. Jack then looked at his watch. "You know it is time that you and I go see Doc Fraiser."

I sigh, "Yeah I know. Lets go." And then it begins. The vicious cycle of drugs then vomiting begins again for the day.



The End