samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-mail: cptcastor@aol.com

Status: sequels to follow

Sequel/ Season: Life's Little Curve: Part One: Diagnosis Life's Little Curve: Part Two: Night Before Life's Little Curve: Part Three: The Call Life's Little Curve: Part Four: The Love Life's Little Curve: Part Five: All Day Life's Little Curve: Part Six: Aftermath of Surgery Life's Little Curve: Part Seven: Changing Tunes

Spoilers: None

Archive: SJ yes. Heliopolis yes, others just let me know.

I am very interested as to what you have to say about this series, so please send me feedback.


Janet's POV



I often find myself dwelling on the 'What ifs' lately. As selfish as this sounds, it is mostly, 'What if it was me.' Could I be as brave as Sam is? Sam is not in the locker room packing her dress uniform and changing into a BDU getting ready to go through the Stargate. Her body is going through hell, but that does not stop her from doing her duty. What if I got this? Then I have no idea what I would do. I know I would draw my strength from Sam.

I decide to go to the locker room and check on Sam once more. I walk in and the room is empty. "Sam," I call out softly. It was than I noticed a noise coming from the stalls. I walk over and notice Sam sitting on the floor by a toilet. I rush over to her and rub her back. This is all I can do to ease things. Sam looks up to me and I sit down beside her.

"For crying out loud Janet. Why am I still…" Sam started but then, and pardon the expression, offered her sacrifice to the porcelain God.

"You know you have been spending too much time with Colonel O'Neill." I offer to cheer her up. Sam just looked at me like Cassandra does when she is sick. "I am sorry, Sam. This is an unfortunate side effect."

"But it is much worse than before." Sam choked out.

"I know but it is going to be give and take. This part is going to be worse that before because the drugs are stronger, but you only have to do this once a week." I then sighed and got up, "Look, I need to tell Colonel O'Neill about this. You better get cleaned up and ready to go."

"Janet, No. I do not want him to think I have become weak." Sam said as she got up. Looking at her, I could tell the nausea has passed.

"Sam, Honey, it would not make you appear weak. If anything this will make you stronger. It has made you stronger. You are my hero. I cannot do what you do. What you are doing." Sam and I hugged as I let her cry things out a bit. I then pointed her to her locker. "Major Carter, time to get ready to ship out." Sam smiled and I left the locker room.

Before I was out of Earshot I heard Sam say, "Thanks Janet. You are my Hero too."



Sam's POV



I walked up to the door to the embarkation room. I can hear Jack ranting and raving, "Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?" I knew what he was referring to. Or shall I say whom. I decide to make my way to the control room. I like to double-check the calculations anyway. However, before I did, another voice caught my attention.

"Yeah, I do." Dad said. That confirmed it. I walked into the control room and leaned over a terminal.

"Major Carter? Shouldn't you be with your team?" General Hammond said.

"Just double checking the calculations, Sir." I said. Well what was I supposed to say? It was the truth after all. OK partial truth.

"Of course. It has been a long time." General Hammond said.

"Too long." I rebutted.

"Never realized how much I missed you doing this until now." He said. Here I thought that generals were suppose to remain objective about those under their command. I guess that is what makes the SGC special. General Hammond cares.

"Time to Ship out, Major." He tells me

"Yes, Sir" I say with a smile and grab my gear. I head down to the embarkation room. As I enter, I finalize securing my backpack, before putting it on my back.

I walk in and people stare at me, "Where have you been, Major?" Jack asks me.

"Just double checking my calculations." I said giving Jack a wink.

As the Chevrons were engaging, I started to put my pack on my back, "Major, I will carry…"Jack started.

"That Ok, sir. I got it." I say knowing where this is going.

"Sam, It's just…." Jack went again.

"Damn it, Jack. I said I got it!" I snapped. "Look, I am sorry. It is just I need to do it. Prove I am no burden to anyone."

"Oh Sam, you are never that." Jack said and he helped fasten my pack on me.

"Chevron Seven locked." Simmons called out.

The Stargate illuminated vibrantly as it always has every time I see it. Just as always, Daniel and Teal'c go through first, followed by my father, and finally Jack and I bring up the rear.

I was prepared going through the gate to experience it like it was the first time I went through. I guess with that in mind, Since I knew what to expect things were really not that bad.

On the other side of the gate, Thor greeted us. "O'Neill, I am pleased that you and your team has joined us. I did hear all that is going on. Samantha Carter, I do wish you well. The Furlings insisted that you two Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter, be the Liaisons that they talk to. The leader of the summit is Fortash. He will be your direct contact."

Jack and I both nod and we are sent to a room where we can get ready. "Jack." I say looking at him change into his dress shirt. He looks at me with his eyes. "Thank-you, for doing this." I say to him. Jack still remains silent and walks over to me. I am half dressed in my pantyhose, slip and dress blue shirt.

Jack gives me a passionate kiss. "I will walk the universe for you." Jack then takes me into his embrace again. Ok we kissed again. I just live the kissing part.

We pull ourselves away from each other and manage to finish getting ready. Just as we are about to exit, Dad walks in, "Sam, Jack, I do not like this much. I know what it is like Sammy. You need to be resting, not gallivanting the universe and saving it right now."

"Dad," I say trying not to sound too, oh what is the word, pissed, "Listen, I am fine. I cannot rest all of the time. As long as I have you and Jack with me then I know that I am going to make it."

"Sam, Dad is right. I don't like it." Jack turned to me.

"Listen guys, we are already here. We are going to be here for a couple of weeks. I will take it easy but I am not going to let this chance of a lifetime pass me up because if some evil cells in my body. Don't you guys listen to me? If this cancer ends up killing me, which by the way I won't let that happen, I would still rather be gallivanting the universe then in some bed waiting for die. I thought you two knew me and loved me enough to see that." I started to cry a bit, but before I could show that, I grabbed my jacket and headed out of the room. It was not long before I found Daniel and Teal'c.

Both Daniel and Teal'c looked at me, but I turned the other way and walked on. They soon followed. "Sam, wait up." I stop but do not turn around. They come and face me and Daniel could see the tears running from my eyes. "Sam, What happened?" Daniel asked.

"It was Dad and Jack. They think I am better off dying in some bed." I say.

"You have told me on numerous occasions Samantha that you refuse to let this kill you. Also by what you said yesterday, you are getting better. Why would they think you would die?" Teal'c asked.

"Thing is Teal'c it is an expression. They think things would be better if I were not here. They also probably think that they must take extra care of me. That is just not true. They want me to stop living just because I have something that can kill me." Sam stated crying had and it was Teal'c before Daniel that pulled Sam into his arms and let her cry on him.

"I think we should take a walk, Daniel Jackson." Teal'c said.

"I agree, lets go." Daniel said.



Daniel POV



We were exiting the building when Jack and Jacob caught up with us. "Sam." Jack called out to her. I turned to Teal'c, "Take her out, I will handle this." Teal'c nodded her head.

I stood there and blocked their path to Sam. "Get out of the way Danny, I need to talk to Sam."

"Jack, don't you think you have done enough talking to her. Just leave her alone. BOTH of you." I said. I think I had a very pissed tone because both of them seemed shocked. "Where do you get off telling her that she should not be here. She has every right to be."

"Danny you do not understand, she is Sick. This Cancer can wear her out and then she will not be strong enough to fight it." Jack said.

"Actually, Jack, you do not understand. I know she is sick. I was there when she told us. I was there when she had the surgery and when we were told it was much worse then what it was thought. But I have also been there for her when you weren't. There were times when she would for days without food or sleep. She mustered all the energy she could and when it seemed that she could not go anymore, she always found more energy. Gee when was that? Let me think. That was when you were trapped on Endora. Her love for you even back then made her keep going. And as for you General Carter, You as much as anyone else should know how important it is not to let this interfere with what you do in life. You two are her greatest support and you turned on her. Just leave her alone. Teal'c and I will take care of her and be there for her. She does not need you if you are going to be that way." I then turned and left Jack and Jacob standing in the doorway.

I walk a bit and I notice Teal's and Sam by the lake. Teal'c had a tight hold on Sam and was rocking her back and forth. What caught me off guard was the fact that Teal'c showed true genuine emotions. He was not as stiff and stolic as he always was.

I walk over and sit next to them. We just sit there looking at the lake.



Thor's POV



I cannot say that these humans do not confuse me. I do find it fascinating to watch them and their emotions. If one thing we do not have is all the emotions and love that the humans show. Maybe that is what makes us superior. Maybe that is that makes them superior in a different way.

I remember when Major Carter came and helped us win a major battle over the Replicators. When we won that battle, she hugged me. I had not experienced that before. She thought she hurt me but instead I was just confused. It was at that point that I first felt a human emotion.

I witnessed all that transpired. I did not mean to but I just did. I noticed that Major Carter was not physically hurting but emotionally hurting. I could not stand for this. Though I have great hopes for Colonel O'Neill, I do find that Major Carter is much more tolerable to be around. At least she can understand some of what I am saying.

Major Carter and Colonel O'Neill need to settle their differences. It is important that they do, however I would convince the Furlings to let Dr. Jackson be along side of Major Carter if Colonel O'Neill does not change his ways. I guess you humans might say I am taking Major Carter's side on this issue.



Furling General Assembly



"Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter" A tall thin woman said. "Welcome. You are to represent the Tau'ri. Though from what I hear, You are growing excellently, these next two weeks, you will need to prove yourself to be strong Allies to us. I know that you must be thinking that we should already know, however it is our way. Please go and rest, we begin tomorrow at first light. Sleep well." With that the Furling Representative was gone.

Jack's POV

I turn to Sam and look into her eyes. I then suddenly grab her and kiss her. She struggles a but then gets wrapped up in the kiss. When we break I look her in the eyes, "I am not liking this at all, but I am going to keep my mouth shut and be supportive, because this makes you happy and that is what I want."

Thor's POV

I look at the Furling representative, "They passed the first test." She said to me.

"They only just begun. They will pass them all." I say with great hope.



The End