samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: dgingera@pacificcoast.net

Spoilers: Slight mention of Broca Divide

Season/Sequel: Season 3

Archive: Heliopolis, SamandJack List - yes please

Authors Notes: Again many thanks to Tanya for all her encouragement and support. If you ever get a chance to see the video for the song mentioned in this fic, let me know if you think the lead singer looks like he could be Martouf's younger brother *g*.

FEEDBACK: Constructive comments/suggestions appreciated.


This is all Janet's fault......

SG1 had been put on stand down for the next two days, and since we weren't occupying our usual beds in her infirmary, I think she was bored.

She stopped by my lab and as we were sitting drinking coffee, she said "Come on Sam. It's Friday night. Lets go out, have some fun - we'll have a few drinks, dance with some cute guys, just get a little wild and crazy".

Of course with my social life having the excitement level of a snail on Prozac I realised that my options were to sit around here fantasizing about the Colonel in ways that are so much fun, but so inappropriate, or getting out into the real world and finding someone whom I *could* possibly have a relationship with. So I figured, 'what the heck' and said "why not" - that was mistake number one.

Well the "why not" had been standing there waiting for us when we got to the nightclub. Janet had conveniently forgotten to mention that she had asked Jack, Teal'c and Daniel to meet us there.

Mistake number two was when she had helped me pick out my dress. I really should have been at least a little bit worried when she had pulled out the shortest, tightest little black number that I had and said that it was "perfect". Perfect for what - the Spanish Inquisition? But then again, when your getting a little "wild and crazy", who's worried about inconsequential things like breathing, being able to sit down, or wearing underwear for that matter.

But, if stunning the guys had been Janet's goal, I'd have to say she was successful. When we walked up to the guys, Daniel's mouth just kept opening and closing like a fish out of water. I really didn't think that Teal'cs' eyebrows could go quite that high - at one point they were somewhere under the hat that he was wearing. The Colonel, well he just let out a wolf whistle and said "sweet".

Two hours later and it is bordering on being a tropical heat wave in this place. The minute that we walked in, the women had zeroed in on the guys. They still haven't made it off the dance floor. Not that Janet or I have anything to complain about - we've got our own little fan club going on. She's out there on the dance floor right now with two guys - well you've gotta give the girl credit for her stamina.

Hot and steamy...that could probably describe the room as well as the Colonel. That man definitely has some moves, and knows how to use 'em - oh holy hannah I'm doing it again! This man is my CO and my friend. I know that wanting to have wild monkey sex with the MAN is probably okay, but I'm pretty sure there would be a big old NO beside the commanding officer portion of it in the military regs. Now I have to get out of this heat for a couple of minutes.

Walking towards the back of the club I find a hallway that has air coming from an outside window. Even back here the music is pumping/thumping and the bass is so loud that it feels like the floor is moving;

~ Kinda faded but I feel alright Thinkin' about making my move tonight Can't pretend that you're only my friend when you're holding my body tight.

Cos I like the way your making your move I like the way you're making me wait At the end of the night when I make up your mind you'll be coming on home with me. ~

It feels so good to lean back against the wall. Closing my eyes and lifting the hair off my neck I can feel the air cooling my skin - it sends a shiver chasing up and down my spine.

"Carter? Are you okay?"

Jack's voice makes me jump. It feels like I'm moving in slow motion as I open my eyes and turn my head towards him. His eyes are such a gorgeous brown they're like melted chocolate - soft, warm and oh so enticing.

He's standing in front of me now, but I still can't seem to find my voice. The focus of my world has now shifted from his eyes to his lips. His lips are sensual, and from experience I know they feel so good and that he knows how to kiss - sometimes you have to be thankful for the excuse of an alien virus.

I watch his lips move as he says my name.

"Sam?"

I slowly lean toward him and press my lips to his, soft, inviting kisses.

"Sam!"

This time I hear passion in his voice - my name isn't a question anymore.

His body is crowding mine, keeping me trapped between the solid muscle of his chest and the cold hardness of the wall. As his lips work their way down the side of my neck, his hands are moving restlessly up and down my sides from my breasts to my thighs, his fingers skimming just under the hem of my dress.

My hands kneed the soft material of his shirt - I can feel his muscles contracting as I glide my hands across his chest, down his ribs and across his stomach.

His mouth is back on mine, tongues, teeth, lips, now there's an urgency, a hunger, a demand......

His lips leave mine as he looks into my eyes...questions...answers...an understanding that we are going to be lovers as well as friends.

By the way...Janet you're forgiven.



The End.