samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's Note: Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! What else can be said about that epi???? This is short fluff, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

Feedback: Pretty please?? I'm begging ya. Remember that I have to concentrate to write this. Pretty hard work for a Saturday. LOL


Ever since Jack had been caught in that time loop, all he could think about was Sam. It had felt wonderful to kiss her. He would kiss her more, if only they hadn't been in the military. It was the one thing he wanted to do. Since he first met her, kissing her once was all he could think about. To him, Sam was the most wonderful person in the world. She was kind, gentle and caring. She was a great friend. The best he could wish for. Even if he loved her deeply, he would never jeopardise that. If something went wrong between him and Sam, it would ruin the whole team. Not to speak about their tender and caring friendship.

It had all started for him when she had been trapped behind that force field. Their eyes had locked and both of them had realized what they had was going beyond friendship. But both were professional enough to hide it. They didn't talk about it. They didn't want to talk about. And that they were tested. They were considered dangerous. He could handle being a danger himself. But Sam.... Never Sam, she would never hurt anyone. And like turmoil all their feelings had come to the surface. HE could handle that, but it was painful that it happened in public. He should have talked about it with Sam, but he was too scared of what would happen.

Jack sat behind his desk and that one image came back to his mind. Her lips had been so soft. And the best part was that she had responded to the kiss. Maybe, just maybe, she wanted to kiss him too. It had been the right time. Not the right place, no, but he didn't care. No one remembered. But it was burned into his mind. And it would be hard to look at Sam and not think about it. But he could handle it. He had to. He didn't want to loose her over this. She was too important to him. It would be hard, but he would fight to control his feelings and emotions. He was pretty good at hiding anyway.



SJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJR



Sam was doing some paperwork at her desk. She was trying to concentrate, but something bugged her. It was as if something had changed in the Colonel's attitude. She wondered what had happened during those three months they had relived the same day. She had a strange feeling about it, but she couldn't remember. Meanwhile, a very familiar melody filled the room and Sam's mind drifted off to Jack.

Suddenly, Sam sat straight behind her desk. A very strange image came to her mind. Jack O'Neill, right in front of the General, was kissing her. He dipped her and shock was written all over the face of Hammond.

She wondered where that image came from. And then she remembered. Probably because of Jolinar. The snake that had once been shortly in her body kicked in when she had to remember something really important. And this was very important. She had always wanted to kiss her CO, but now that she had, she was disappointed that she couldn't remember more of it. And she hoped would kiss her again. Sam closed her eyes and drifted off.



SJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJRSJR



Jack walked down the empty complex. He heard his footsteps and had a small smile to his face. He was going to see if Carter was still there and talk to her. They had to talk, because that tension between the two of them was going to kill him.

He softly knocked on her door and no one answered. He tried again, but still no answer. He peeked inside and smiled tenderly at her sleeping form on the desk. He walked up to her and gently caressed her cheek. Sam stirred, mumbled something, but she didn't wake. He put his hand on her shoulder and softly spoke into her ear. Sam awoke and looked at him with a huge smile on her face. Her face was all sleepy and Jack wanted to kiss her. But before he could say anything, Sam was talking.

"You kissed me, Sir."

"Excuse me?"

"You kissed me."

"No, I didn't. I just...."

"I'm not talking about that hand on my face. I'm talking about the time loop."

Jack stared open mouthed at his 2IC. He was trying to talk, but no words came out. HE took a deep breath and looked her straight in the eyes.

"How did you find out?"

"I remember, Sir."

"But how?"

"Probably Jolinar."

"I'm sorry, Sam. I didn't mean to do it. But I'd never get the chance to kiss you ever again. I've never wanted to do anything that bad in my whole life and..."

"Sir, I'm glad you kissed me."

"If this is going to be a problem..."

"Sir..."

"I don't want to ruin our team and our friendship..."

Before Jack could say anything else, Sam silenced him with a kiss. It felt so good and it felt right to kiss him. Sam had never felt that happy in her whole life. Jack on the other hand was smiling. He had a huge grin on her face and Sam could feel it. They pulled back, both a little out of breath. Jack put his hand on Sam's cheek and smiled tenderly at her. All the love he had for her was written all over his face. Sam smiled back and encircled him with her arms. He kissed the top of her head and sighed deeply.

"What is it, Sir?"

"First of all, I think we are way past the Sir stage. And I think this is going to complicate things a lot.

"What are we going to do about it, Jack? I mean, we are breaking regulations here and I don't want to ruin you career."

"We'll just have to be very careful and keep this to ourselves."

"I think I can do that."

She looked up at him and he tenderly kissed her on the mouth. A beautiful melody filled the room and they Jack looked at Sam with pleading eyes.

"Dance with me, Sam."

"I would love to."

They started moving to the music, both unaware about where they really were. Luckily the base was empty at that time of the night.



We lead two different lives
Just like two lines that never cross
And here we are together
Standing closer than we ought
But we're still standing here, untouched
Too scared to make a move
We want so much to touch
And we can't wait forever
We know it's dangerous
For us to be together

How do we ever keep this secret?
How do we keep it in the dark?
And if we dared to taste our weakness
How could we tear ourselves apart?
Why do we keep this lie together?
Didn't we know right from the start?
That we would have to keep this secret
Of forever stay apart

I watch you coming to me
Walking in the pouring rain
I can't help looking at you
Wishing I could stay away
So many times I tried, in vain
To close my eyes and pray it goes away
To let you go would be too much for me to take

How do we ever keep this secret?
How do we keep it in the dark?
And if we dared to taste our weakness
How could we tear ourselves apart?
Why do we keep this lie together?
Didn't we know right from the start?
That we would have to keep this secret
Of forever stay apart
Oooh, I can't help thinking when I look into your eyes
How much I need you, it's so hard, hard

How do we ever keep this secret?
How do we keep it in the dark?
And if we dared to taste our weakness
How could we tear ourselves apart?
Why do we keep this lie together?
Didn't we know right from the start?
That we would have to keep this secret
Of forever stay apart



The music faded away and Jack pulled Sam into his embrace. HE kissed the top of her head and whispered into her ear.

"This is our song, Sam."

"It has always been our song, Jack. Even before this."

She smiled before loosing herself in his arms.



THE END.