samandjack.net

Story Notes: Author's notes: This is just a little scene that came to mind. I hope you enjoy!


"Daniel..."

"What?" Looking up to Sam, he saw her irritated statement. "Whaaat?"

"I know you're bored, you're 'all' bored, but does that mean that you have to destroy my stuff?" she said, glaring at each person fiddling with her equipment, including Teal'c.

They all looked at her sheepishly, putting down the objects they were playing with.

"Thank you!" she quipped, going back to scrutinizing her computer screen.

"Okay, guys, let's leave the Major to play with her toys...You know, Carter, sharing your toys would be nice, considering you're the only one with something to do," Jack declared, leaning up from her work table.

"Excuse me, Sir, but you guys do have things to do. Like, writing reports that are ridiculously late--"

"Hey!...They're not fun to do. Coming here to pester you is though," he said, grinning mischievously.

Giving him a half-hearted dirty look, she returned her attention to her computer. Suddenly it beeped.

"Okay, guys, now I really have to concentrate." They simply stared at her. "This is the time you actually leave...now...right now."

Seeing as she was staring daggers at them, Colonel O'Neill felt it was a good time to leave.

"All right...Guys..." Jack said, motioning Daniel and Teal'c to follow him out. "You don't have to be so mean about it..." he mumbled, smirking slightly, closing the door behind him.

The three men walked down the hall, heading for wherever, when Jack suddenly stopped.

"Oh, I forgot something."

Daniel and Teal'c stopped as well, looking back at Jack.

"Do you want us to wait for you?" Daniel asked.

"Wait for what?"

"Uh...wait for word on whether we'll have our jobs in the near future."

"Daniel...How many times has Kinsey tried to shut us down?" He shrugged his shoulders in reply.

"Well, this time will be like all the rest."

"Do you think that Kinsey will fail this time, O'Neill?" Teal'c asked, looking a little worried himself.

Jack stared at his friends, knowing that if they were shut down, they would probably be the ones to suffer the most.

"Actually, yes, I do think he's going to fail, big time!"

Both of them smiled in return.

"Guys, meet me in the commissary and we'll drown our sorrows in coffee and sweets, okay?"

"Okay, Jack, but I'm starting without you. I haven't had a cup of coffee in..." Daniel looked at his watch. "Almost an hour!"

Jack smirked, watching his friends disappear around the corner. Taking a deep breath and rubbing his hands together, he turned around, heading back to Major Carter's lab.

Knocking lightly, he opened the door, not waiting for her reply.

She quickly glanced up to him, looking at him questioningly.

"I forgot something, Carter," he said, entering her lab completely.

Her computer beeped again, grabbing her attention once more.

"Oh...okay..." she said, thoroughly distracted.

Jack turned around to shut the door, locking it when he did. Turning back around, he stared at her a moment. God she was beautiful. O_kay, it's now or never, he thought.

Walking with conviction, he made his way towards her, stopping abruptly when he reached her. She didn't even acknowledge him. Suddenly reaching out, he grabbed her roughly by the shirt, pulling her off the stool to face him. She stared at him with wide eyes, obviously having no idea what the hell was going on. Before she could say anything, he pulled her to him, kissing her firmly. She didn't respond for a few moments, but as he pressed himself to her, he felt her shock and resolve disappear as her hands came up to clasp his arms. Breaking the kiss, he pulled back slightly, looking into her eyes. He saw confusion, shock, and what he hoped was passion. Putting one hand on the small of her back, he brought his other up to her face, squeezing her mouth so that it was slightly open.

"More..." he whispered, capturing her lips again.

He felt her respond instantly this time, her arms coming around his back to press him to her completely. He could feel every curve of her body, and he was sure she could feel the same of his. With her mouth being open a little, he took the opportunity to sneak his tongue in, hoping she wouldn't bite it off. When she didn't, he thrust it in all the way, sliding it over and around hers. He heard her moan in reply; as she sucked his tongue so hard he was sure it would come off. His breathing wasn't the only thing responding to this kiss, and kissing her was the only thing he had planned. Pulling away, he rested his forehead against hers. Both were breathing heavy, clutching onto the other as though wanting to be fused together. Being afraid of his traitorous body, he knew he should break contact now. Instead, he pressed her to him even tighter, while his other hand ran fingers slowly through her hair. Oh, this is sooo not a good idea, he thought. Well, here's another one. With their heads still touching, he whispered to her softly.

"Put your tongue in my mouth." She didn't respond. "Please..."

Suddenly she thrust it in so fast and deep that it took his breath away. This was getting out of control fast, but he didn't care, as he let himself feast on her tongue, sucking it hard and letting it duel with his. The sensations that were going through him were incredible, and he was very afraid that he couldn't, or wouldn't be able to stop. But it had to--not here, not now. Abruptly he broke the kiss. She gazed at his questioningly until realization hit her. They pulled apart completely, continuing to stare at the other. The look they shared said everything.

"Carter..."

She smiled, still trying to bring her breathing under control. He took a deep breath, trying to bring his own under control.

"What this was about was taking advantage of an opportunity."

He saw her frown a little, somewhat confused.

"We don't know if we're still going to have a job soon, so this was just a preview of things that could be...if you'd like."

She grinned.

He grinned back.

"But, if we do keep our jobs, then this was a sample of the future."

Her smile faded a little.

"Either way, Carter, we win. We win the other, even if we have to wait a little while longer."

Smiling softly, and with resolve, she nodded her head.

"So, Danny and the big guy are waiting for me in hell's kitchen..."

She sighed "Yeah..."

"Want to come?"

"No thanks."

"Sure?"

"No."

They stared at one another, not just reeling from the intense kiss they shared, but from the loss of the other. Reaching up, he gently caressed her cheek with his hand. She leaned into it, savoring and memorizing the feel of it.

"Someday, Carter. Maybe two weeks, maybe two years...will you wait?"

"Yes...of course," she whispered.

"Okay then..."

Tentatively pulling his hand away, he turned around and walked to the door. Reaching it, he turned back to look at her. She stood there, looking vulnerable and somewhat lost. This wasn't supposed to have gone this way, especially the mood they were both in now. Mustering up the biggest smile he could, he wanted to leave her with hope.

"Just you wait, Carter. When you finally do get me, you'll probably want to throw me back. Most women do."

"I'm not most women, Sir," she quipped, giving him a smoldering smile.

His breath caught. This woman could do things to him that was lethal.

"That I know," he said, opening the door and stepping through it. Glancing back to look at her one last time, she was still giving him a sensual smile. He returned the smile, while closing the door slowly. He stood there a minute grinning before moving off down the hall. Just as he was about to turn the corner, he heard a loud and emphatic yell coming from where he came. He stopped a moment, grinning from ear to ear, before moving off once again.

Sam stood there dumb-founded, not believing what had just happened. He kissed her, she kissed him back. They 'really' kissed, and one hell of a hot one at that. They also made promises to each other...

"YEEES!"


{The Beginning}