samandjack.net

Story Notes: Feedback: Yes please this is my first Stargate SG-1 fan fic so please be kind and tell me what you thought. Ok on with the show enjoy.


“They were to late,” Daniel thought to himself as he surveyed the room Colonel Jack O’Neill had just occupied not five minutes ago. “So far you have only told me what we already know. Now why did you come here what was the reason behind coming here?” Ba’al asked again moments before a punishing blow was rendered to Jack’s stomach. “I told you I don’t know why Kanan came back here he… he just did.” “Not good enough…” He never had time to finish what he was saying before the compound started to shake as his First Prime came running in. They held a quite conversation and Ba’al looking quit angry, turning his glaze back to Jack he picked up one of the knives he was using earlier. Pointing it, he was ready to allow it to go flying strait for O’Neill when another rumble sounded and things started to shake all around. Though with his aim off Ba’al did permitted the knife to fly hitting his captive prisoner inches from the heart. Sensing that Jack was in trouble Daniel quickly went to him stopping when he made it to Ba’al’s torture room. He knew the shielding was down, that most of the primary systems were now knocked out, he also knew that Ba’al had fled. Searching around he saw the device’s that were used to torture Jack with. That is when he saw him lying on the floor eyes closed, no movement was being made on his part. Daniel feared the worst rushing over he bent down looking Jack over trying to assess what action to take next. “Daniel”!!! The first time Daniel had though he was just hearing things. “Daniel”!!! The second time he was sure he had heard right glancing down he witnessed Jack open his eyes slightly. Eyes that were glazed over with pain and sorrow he was not sure what he should do, he didn’t know how far the knife was embedded into Jack’s chest, and for that matter he couldn’t find out either. He knew what price he would pay for interfering into other’s business, however this was Jack here lying upon this floor bleeding to death from God knows what kind of injuries. “Daniel… need you *cough’s* to do something for me”. “Don’t try to talk Jack I’ll get you home, don’t worry”. “No… Daniel not going… to make it” Jack exclaimed gasping for air as a ripple of pain run's though his body. Fighting to stay conscience long enough to say to Daniel what he could not on his death bed, and to tell him things for the others to know especial one other. “No don’t talk like that Jack I’ll get you out of here, get you home you’re to important to die. To many people would miss you stubborn ass to much” Daniel stated matter of factly trying to keep the emotions out. A pained chuckle pasted Jacks lips as his eyes close briefly from another spasm of pain running though him. Reopening his eye Jack shook his head in the negative knowing that time was growing short from him. “Then… then let me help you ascend there’s still time Jack please let me help you do this”. Painfully Jack shook his head no again he knew that he could never ascending he wasn’t Daniel. “No Dan… iel not going to make it… need you to do something for me?” Sighing reluctantly Daniel just nodded and waited for Jack to continue making sure to listen carefully, knowing full well that they had to hurry Lord Yu’s Jaffa would be here soon. “The others Daniel… tell them that it was an honor to sever with them even Jonas. And… tell them that… I’ll miss them as well. One last thing Daniel… tell Sam that…*cough* that she was the best 2IC I ever had and… that there’s a letter… for her in top desk drawer”. Jack choked out before his world went black. “NO… no Jack, Jack please open you’re eyes, come on Jack you can’t do this no please” Daniel pleaded wanting to do something anything to stop the anguish he felt. Yet, knowing that it wouldn’t help he had to get himself and Jack out of there before it was to late. Leaning over he checked by listening if Jack had indeed pasted on, hearing a faint heart beat Daniel felt some hope knowing what he was going to do next was against everything Oma had taught him. Steeling his resolve Daniel eased a bit of himself into Jack quelling some of the pain, he knew he didn’t have the powers to heal him. However, he hoped to God that if fast enough that he could get him back to the SGC. Gaining strength Daniel solidified himself then bent down to pick Jack up carefully making sure to not hit the injured spots. Daniel knew where to get out and prayed that they’re way would not be interrupted. Rushing as fast as he humanly could Daniel made a hasty retreat coming across Ba’al Lotan in the process, Daniel made sure she came with sense it was her who got Jack into all this mess to begin with. It had been long but in some aspect, it had felt like forever to Daniel as he, Jack, and the lotan made they’re way to the Stargate. Which wasn’t but a few meters out of the compound when he had heard Jack’s whispered words over and over again he kept saying Sam.

Back at the SGC

Everyone was franticly waiting from Colonel O’Neill to return most of all was his team, General Hammond, and Doctor Fraiser. It had seemed to them that it was taking way to long for him to return. Worry was setting in by now wondering if Lord Yu had took him or worse that he was dead on some planet that they knew nothing of, or even a way to help him. Pacing the floor Major Samantha Carter didn’t know what to do next all there was, was to wait and see, and the stress was starting to get to her. Looking around she saw all eyes focused on the ancient circle sitting in the next room, dormant willing it to move though nothing happened. Resuming her pacing again it had been a good hour, hour and a half sense they had sent the message though. No one knew if Lord Yu’s forces would strike right away or wait and that was the agonizing thing the waiting. This time was no better than when Daniel was waiting to die from radiation poisoning though then they all knew what to expect, they knew what was going on, they knew that he wasn’t going to make it. This time however was different this time if he died she wouldn’t be able to say the goodbye’s she wanted to of tell him the important things she needed to. Once again glancing out the window to the dormant Stargate willing it to spin into life yet seeing that it was being stubborn, not budging not for him, and not for her. Major General George Hammond surveyed the control room around him though it didn’t show on his face, he was with out a doubt worried about his 2IC. SG-1 had made it out of so many scrapes in the last six years George was beginning to worried if now with Daniel’s accession that they’re luck was indeed running out. The colonel was in a way like a son to him he didn’t want to have to bury another person most of all not Jack O’Neill. Sighing to himself he kept his eyes on the Stargate wishing for it to spring to life like he knew so many in this room and everyone on base was wishing. Sensing that standing around just waiting for things to start happening was not going to get things done or bring back the colonel any faster. Begrudgingly General Hammond turned on the balls of his feet and started for the stairs up to his office. Watching the General go Janet knew he wasn’t pleased but what could they do, nothing… it was all up to the power’s that be this time. Glancing over at Sam, Janet knew she had to get her out of this room somewhere, where she could clam down let her nerves take a rest and if needs be well a sedative would always come in handy. Janet knew like many that, Sam cared for the Colonel more than she should and the feeling ran both ways. However, Janet also knew that after Daniel had pasted on things hadn’t been the same with SG-1. It seemed that it would never be that from this point on they’re lives would be marred with pain, and on some cases longing. Slowly Janet made her way over to where Sam was pacing the floor, stepping in her path before speaking. “You know Sam isn’t pacing normally the Colonels job?” Stopping Sam looking up from studying the floor a brief wisp of a smile flashed over her face before it had been replaced behind the mask of professionalism. “You know maybe we should go up to the conference room or maybe back to the infirmary we could talk there. Just to get you’re mind off of what’s going on”? “I can’t Janet what if he comes back and we had just arrived no I don’t want to chance it” Sam returned shaking her head. “Well then the conference room no ones up there now just for a few minutes to get away from the waiting, please Sam?” Janet countered a hopeful look in her brown eyes. Nodding Sam followed Janet to the conference room to wait for how long was the guess of any body. Both Teal’c and Jonas watched them go knowing that this waiting was hard on all of them. “Do you think we were to late Teal’c? Why is it taking so long I would have thought Colonel O’Neill would be back by now”. “I do not know Jonas Quinn there is no real way of knowing what transpired until O’Neill comes though the Stargate.” “This waiting is making me nervous is there anything we can do to help him?” “No Jonas Quinn there is not” Teal’c replied. Though his emotions were hidden under a mask of clam and passiveness inside Teal’c was just as worried about Jack as anyone else. He had just learned over time that it was easier for him to grieve in private then public. He knew Jack would try to get out, he was one of the greatest warriors Teal’c had ever fought along side. He would be sorrowful to find if indeed Colonel O’Neill would no longer be fighting along side him. When Daniel ascended Teal’c knew that one-day he may see him again. However, this time he knew that Jack wouldn’t take that way out he wouldn’t choose ascension, Jack was to rooted in the here and now to do something like that. Searching the room around him, Jonas could feel the tension that everyone was radiating. He knew that Colonel O’Neill was an important man, he knew that this whole base was more than just those that worked together it was a family. People that suck together though thick and thin and a family that he now was apart. “Sam how are you fairing with all this I mean I know after the colonel left you seemed a bit with drawn are you sure you’re OK?” “Yea I’m fine Janet why would you ask something like that” Sam answered trying to keep the emotions out of her voice and betraying her. “Oh I don’t know you just seem a bit tense is all I know this has to be hard on you but none of this is you’re fault you do know that don’t you?” “No I don’t know that I was the one who talked him into the implantation in the first place it is my fault. If I hadn’t been so selfish in wanting him to live then I wouldn’t have asked him, I wouldn’t have gone against his greatest protest. I knew he didn’t wont to have a Tok’ra inside him and yet I made him do it”. “Sam the Colonel choose to have this done he did it because he knew that there was still a duty for him to do. He knew that there was so much he still had to do. Don’t blame you’re self for this you don’t know he’ll probably came walking though that dam Stargate sarcastic as ever”. Just as those words were being said the klaxons when off. “OFF WORLD ACTIVATION, REPEAT OFF WORLD ACTIVATION,” exclaimed Davis. As the Stargate started to spin Janet, Sam, and General Hammond made their way almost as fast as lighting to the control room hopping that it was their missing friend and colleague. Once the event horizon swooshed forward then back setting into a shimmering pool of silvery blue. “Sir should we close the Iris they, it might be hostile there’s no iris code sir”. “No it also could be Colonel O’Neill.” Then into the intercom he called for the SF’s to guard the gate just in case it wasn’t him. Just then, a figure stepped though half carrying half bragging something though with him. All eyes faced forward at that time as the figure of Daniel Jackson stood holding onto what looked to be the unconscious body of Jack O’Neill. Sam was the first one down the steps followed closely by General Hammond, Janet, Teal’c, and Jonas. Telling the SF’s to stand down all five were closing in for the ramp when the Stargate disengaged leaving Daniel barely standing there with O’Neill at his side. “Daniel” the name was a whisper on both Sam and Janet’s lips. Nodding all he could do was watch as things started to take off around him. First Teal’c came to his side taking Jack off him lying the colonel down on the ramp so the Janet could look him over. Daniel vaguely heard Janet’s call for a gurney and watched only partly as they lifted Jack on to it. At which point Jack opened his eyes trying to focus on what was going on around him. He saw Daniel standing back covered in his blood Sam not too far away from him shocked and worried. The same looked etched on the General’s face, as well as Janet’s. He tried to talk tried to tell them to let him go there was no use in trying to save him. He was an old soldier he knew when it was time to go and his time was now. Closing his eyes he missed the tears that glisten in Sam’s eyes, sighing inwardly, he waited for death to take him away from all that he loved. Sam had watched as they whisked Colonel O’Neill away she knew herself it didn’t look good not from all the blood on Daniel or the color of gray that had settled over his features. She knew she was losing him it would take a miracle to save him now and they were out of them. “Sam” Daniel exclaimed grabbing her attention. Looking back at him she didn’t know what to say was he really here was he really alive. “Humm Jack told me he had wrote a letter for you that it was in his desk drawer. I don’t know what it says but he did want me to tell you that”. All Sam could do was nod she wasn’t sure what to do next aimlessly walking away she knew where she had to go first. Sensing that Oma wasn’t pleased with him he knew there would be repercussions from what he just did, he also knew that she was coming for him. Making her way to his office she thought of knocking but knew it was a stupid thing to do he wasn’t in there. Nope he was laying on the gurney being stitched up hopefully be saved by Janet. Opening the door she proceed in stopping when she got to his desk not sure what to do tears were forming in her eyes she hoped against hope that this wouldn’t be the last time she was with him. Opening the first top drawer, she spotted an envelope with her name written on it in Jack’s handwriting. Pulling it out she clutched the white paper in her hand holding it close to her heart. Walking calmly out of Jack’s office, she slowly made her way to the infirmary not sure what to expect once she got there.

The talk with Oma had went better then he thought the only thing now was to wait, wait and see if Jack would make it, wait and see if everything would be alright again. Slowly Daniel walked the familiar halls of the SGC he knew where he was going and why. Entering he saw Teal’c, then General Hammond, and Jonas but no Sam. “Where’s Sam at?” “She has left Daniel Jackson she said something about wanting to be alone” Teal’c answered for them bowing his head slightly. “Well son it’s good to see you again but what are you doing here and what the hell happened”? “It’s a long story General but for starter I think you should all know that because if what happened I can no long ascend.” “What? Why not”. “Well sir Oma gave me an ultimatum stay away from all of you and get to stay ascended or not and never ascend again well I guess you can see which one I chose.” Daniel started to explain. Finding her way outside and on top of Cheyenne Mountain Sam breathed in the afternoon air, taking in the blue sky, bright sun, the trees that swayed in the wind that blow. Sitting down she opened the letter with a shaky hand’s wondering what he had written.

Dear Sam

I’ve never been good at expressing what I feel you know that hell I’m sure the whole base knows that by now. But over the years that I’ve come to know and respect you it has turned to something more, something I know we can never talk about. But I needed to tell you this anyway, from the first minute you walked into my life, you were this ray of sunshine that helped me heal from all the hurt that was inside. You, Daniel, Teal’c, General Hammond, Janet have been my family for the last six years and even Jonas though I might not say it. However, it was you that kept me going, kept me wanting to live, and explore. You see what I’m trying to tell you here Samantha is that I love you I have for sometime now I know it would never have worked then again who knows we could have been the best thing out there. The only problem now is that I’m dead and this is the only way you know about my love for you. And I am sorry for that but it was all I could think of at the time. I know reading this isn’t right and I wish I could tell you in person but there is that problem of no body. Anyway I’ll stop now I’ve said what I wanted to just know that I’ll always be with you and that no matter what happens I’ll always love you.

You’re always
Jack

Wiping the tears that coursed down her cheek’s Sam folded up the paper, putting it in her pocket she left her seat and went to wait for the end. The end of a life and a man that she loved more than anything. Entering the infirmary, she glanced around noticing that Daniel was still there she when to him. Looking up Daniel watched as Sam walked over to him tears still glistening in her eyes yet it was the heart brake that tore at him. He knew just by the look in her eyes and the weariness what Jack had said in the letter. Taking her into his arms, he felt Sam sob as the tears started there own path down his cheeks this would be the hardest thing any of them had to do. Hours later General Hammond had left stated that he had paper work to finish yet the real reason was he had to leave the grief was getting to him. Teal’c was sitting on the floor in Kel’no’reem trying to clam his own thoughts and feelings. Daniel had told Sam what was happening, what had happened on the planet, and about his plans to stay here on Earth for good. He knew it was some help but it wouldn’t be enough to bring her out of the depressed state she was now in. Sam had took a seat not to far from Daniel resting her head on one of the beds. She thought back to when they first met, to all the times, they shared together, and all the sorrow they had shared. It was good to have Daniel back but then it meant that Jack was leaving her. Sam didn’t know if she could get over losing Jack it had been hard when Daniel left, how would it be now. Jonas to was deep into his own thought’s wondering what would happen if Colonel O’Neill did die he would miss him. Although they hadn’t got along very well, Jonas still felt like O’Neill was one of his friends and he would be missed. At which time Janet came out from the operating room looking weary and bleak everyone stood up at that time even Teal’c. “Well Janet what’s the news?” Daniel asked first. “It might be a good idea to wait for the General first so I only have to say this once. I’ve already called him.” As if on que General Hammond walked though the door, the same bleak look on his face. “Well from what I can tell the Colonel has five broken ribs, a fractured collarbone, there had been a lot of internal bleeding which I assume was do to a knife wound. In addition, there is the effect’s of the Sarcophagus. It was touch and go for a long time”. “So Doctor what would his changes be” General Hammond questioned. “I’d say fifty, fifty we managed to close up all the internal injures, the knife wound came close to hitting his heart only hitting the area around. As for the ribs we did what we could he’s very lucky that none of them hit any major organs. All we can do is wait it pretty much up to him now”. Nodding General Hammond acknowledged everyone around him before leaving back to the safety of his office taking up their original seats, everyone ready themselves for a long night. “You know it might be a better idea if everyone just went about there work it wouldn’t do Colonel O’Neill any good if you all are sick from worry” Janet voiced. “Doctor Frasier is right it would do Colonel O’Neill no good if all of us or sick would anyone care to join me for some lunch” Jonas questioned hoping that it would get their minds off the problem. “I will join you Jonas Quinn there is nothing that requires my attention”. “So will I, I could use some coffee anyway” Daniel seconded as the three men rose from their seats. Seeing that Sam wasn’t moving or saying much of anything Daniel placed a hand on her shoulder trying to reassure her everything would be OK. Once everyone was, gone Janet turned back to her best friend worried yet understanding. “Sam maybe you would feel better if you ate something or a least left the infirmary I’m sure Colonel O’Neill will not be going anywhere.” “I rather stay here Janet please I know there’s nothing I can do for him but I would just like to stay” answered Sam looking over at Janet with weary, sad eyes. “OK but in a few hours will you at least go get something to eat please”. Nodding Sam knew that Janet was just trying to be a friend that was what everyone was trying to be. Dropping her head into her hands Sam started to sob again she didn’t want to lose him but knew it might be only a matter of time. Without even knowing it, Sam fell into a dreamless sleep only to be woken by Janet lightly shaking her. Once fully, conscience she sat up surveying the room around her, her eyes locked with those of the CMO. “What is it, what’s wrong?” Sam questions immediately. “Nothing’s wrong Sam I just thought you might like to know that Colonel O’Neill is conscience I’ve called for everyone else but I know that you might like a few minutes alone with him before then.” “Thanks Janet” Sam retorted following the petite doctor. Leaving Sam at Jacks door she went to make sure the others didn’t disturbed them she had a feeling that something big was going to happen. Looking at the door Sam debated with herself if she should go in she was nervous why she didn’t know she just was. Part of her was scared to go in, the other part of her was excited to go to finally tell him how she felt. And hoped to whichever Gods that were listening that they would let her be with him forever. Pushing the door open she heard all the machines that were keeping him alive a tear escaped sliding down her cheek. Looking at him for the first time sense his return Sam saw the bruises littering his face his stomach was wrapped in white bandages and a spot on his chest gave away the spot were the knife went in. Slowly she went over to his bed watching the slow rise and fall of his chest, putting her hands on the rail on his right side she just looked at him. She thought that maybe he was asleep she wasn’t sure what to do. Closing her eyes, she plucked up enough courage to finely tell him what she had wanted to for so long. “God Jack you had me so scared I didn’t know where you were or if you were even alive. There are so many things I’ve wanted to tell you and never had the courage to say. First and for most I love you to Jack I have for so long and it took you getting seriously hurt before I could even tell you. I’m sorry for that but you can’t leave me yet I need you Jack I have for a long time now. Sounds funny hu but its true, and I’ll be forever grateful if you would come back to me to us”. Sam opened her eyes then receiving a shock for Jack was looking at her with a gleam in his eye she hadn’t seen before. “Sam?” it came out as more of a question than anything else but to him he had to be sure. “Yes sir it’s me how you feeling?” “Like I’ve been hit by a mothership and they didn’t stop to find out if I’m alive or not.” A weak smile pasted over Sam’s face at that though she didn’t know what to say or do she just exposed herself and she wasn’t sure if he had heard her or not. “I humm I got you’re letter the one you told Daniel to tell me about?” For a minute, Jack looked confused then he remember and wondered what was to come next she knew how he felt but he had only caught the last part of her speech he didn’t know what to make of it. “So has Danny left yet?” He was avoiding the question she knew he was. She knew how hard it had to be with her knowing and he not. “Yea he’s still here, Sir Jack I know that this might not be the best time to talk about it but the letter did you mean everything you said”. Watching him, Jack closed his eyes she wasn’t suppose to know not until he was gone he wasn’t sure if this was a good idea or not but she did have a right to know. Nodding his head yes was all he could do at that point he kept his eyes closed not want to see any rejection if there was any. However when Sam took his hand in hers Jack’s eyes opened to find that she was leaning close to him he wasn’t sure but it seemed like her eyes were bluer then normal. “I hu I don’t know if you have heard what I said earlier but to shorten it I told you I love you to”. “All I heard was you saying something about wait, wait a minutes you love me to” Jack questioned a surprised look on his face which turned into a grimace of pain. “You OK I mean do I need to get Janet to check you over”. “No, no I’m fine was just a little twinge of pain is all no worry’s”.

Every time is like the first time tenderly
Loving you is like breathing spring
Seasons change but your heart beats constantly
Count my blessings every day as you love me “That’s good to hear Jack,” exclaimed a voice behind them. Turned Sam saw Daniel standing in the doorway grinning at both of them she didn’t know how much he had heard though it really didn’t matter. “Yea well why are you still here Danny boy shouldn’t you have gone glow boy on us by now and left. Not that I don’t like having you here.” “Well it’s a long story but just let’s say you’re not going to be getting rid of me anytime soon”. “As much as I love having you back and all Dr. Jackson but would you move you butt out of my way so I can check on my patient” Janet exclaimed pushing her way past Daniel and into the room. “Yea you better which Daniel she might brake out the needles and use you’re butt as a pincushion.” Chuckles were heard though out the room as Teal’c, General Hammond and Jonas filed into the tiny room. “It is good to have you back O’Neill it was getting to be a tense time around here with you presence missing”. “Thank you Teal’c it’s good to be back and I missed you to buddy”. “I’m sure you have one interesting story to tell us all when you are better”. “Yes Sir I do very interesting.” While the conversation was taking place Sam started to move her way to the back of the room towards the door. She looked back over at Jack there eyes locked and held though no one really noticed she read so many emotions in his eyes as she turned to leave. However, it was the one deepest emotion that she knew would last. In the moment when their eyes locked he saw that she did love him more than he even thought possible he could wait until she returned, when no one was around but them to talk to her properly.

As the sunset disappears across the northern sky
You look for forever in my eyes
All I can say, long as I have a voice
I’ll thank God above that I was your first choice

“Well I think it’s time for you all to leave go get some rest, and food or anything else guys want to do I’ll let you know if there is any chance” Janet voiced waving everyone out. Then turned back to Jack starting to check him over. Minute’s later Janet stepped out of Jack’s room closing the door behind her. She glanced around the room finding everyone but one person gone. “What are you still doing here Daniel I thought I told everyone to leave?” “Yea well I had some business to attend to first”. “Oh and what…” however the last part of her sentence was lost as Daniel took Janet into his arms and laid one passion filled kiss on her. Pulled back Janet looked up into Daniel’s desire filled eyes wondering were that kiss came from. “I have been wanting to do that for a long time just never got the chance to do so” answering the question in her eyes. “But I mean, OK I’m confused here what’s going on?” “Well Janet that was my way of telling you that I have feelings for you and that I would like to explore a relationship with you” Daniel answered hope shining in his eyes. The only answer Janet gave him was to pull him down next to her and land another passion filled kiss on him. Nether heard Sam come in they were both to busy with other things. “OK you two get a room” Sam exclaimed walking past them. Pulling apart a bit breathless Janet found her voice first. “You know Sam that’s not a bad idea”. Sam watched as Janet pulled a goofy faced Daniel behind her, shaking her head she had to smile at that finally something good was coming out of this whole mess. Knocking softly on Jack’s door Sam proceed to enter his room noting that it looked like he was sleeping she just took the seat next to his bed, then took his hand in her’s. A few hours had past and Sam found herself waking up again she looked over at Jack who was still sleeping. Sam let go of his hand then stood up and stretched trying to work the kinks out of her back. “You know that chair makes for a horrible bed”. Turning Sam smiled as Daniel came in strolling over to the bed. “So has he been any trouble?” “No nothing I think I fell a sleep shortly after I sat down would you mind staying until I get back I need to get something to eat?” “Sure no problem Sam why don’t you go get some food then some sleep I’ll stay with him until you get back”. “You sure I wouldn’t wont to keep you away from Janet?” retorted Sam a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. “Yes I’m sure now go” Daniel returned watching as she left. “You know Jack she’s good for you just hang in there we all need you”.

Chorus:
If I should die before I wake
I’ll go into the night whispering your name
If lying in your arms is the last thing that I do
At least I know that I’ll be loved by you

It was past mid-night when Sam returned to the infirmary finding that many of the lights were out and most were asleep for the night. Strolling over to Jack’s door, she peaked inside to see him awake just looking up at the ceiling. Knocking she waited until he said for her to come in. “Doc I’m fine really you can stop checking up on me now” came Jack’s reply. Pushing the door open Sam stepped into the room watching as he turned and looked at her shock evident in his eyes. “Oh Sam I’m sorry I thought… anyway shouldn’t you be at home in bed asleep you know it’s not good for you to be up for so long.” “Yea well I caught a few hours sleep I thought I would come down and see how you were doing Sir”. “Oh” was his only reply. “So about earlier hum I know what we were saying goes against everything but I… No don’t you don’t have to say that it was a mistake or just an out burst because everyone thought I was dying I don’t want to hear it” Jack interrupted. “Well Jack” that got his attention so she went on “What I was going to say was that I couldn’t go back to the way we were I love you to much for that. I know it would be hard and there would have to be rules to this relationship but I can’t live another day with out you so I’m willing to take in any options”.

Shocked didn’t even begin to describe the look on Jacks face when Sam finished what she was saying. He started to find his voice at that moment as Sam came to sit next to the bed. “Well I hum I shit I don’t know what to say. Are you sure Sam I mean once we start this thing it’s no going back?” “Yes I’m sure I’ve never been so sure in my life”. “All right then there’s something I have to tell you though”. “OK what is it?” “Well before all the crap went down I went to General Hammond asked him what could be done he pulled a few strings and got us a reprieve. We can have a relationship as long as it doesn’t effect our job”.

In about a hundred years from now
When all of my love letters are found
And someone reads the words I’ve written only meant for you
They’ll know how forever came true…

“Really it’s all done but why, why didn’t you tell me any of this?” “Because I was waiting for a time when I could tell you that I loved you with out so many things going on around us”. Smiling her hundred-watt smile that was only reserved for him Sam leaned down and placed her lips on top of his softly kissing him. Pulling away she saw all the walls fall and Jacks true emotions came to the for front and what she saw made her speechless. Taking his hand in hers, she rested them together on the bed both smiling at each other. Sam watched as Jack’s eyes started to close sleep was what he needed right now and she knew she did as well but right now, she didn’t want to leave him. Waiting until he was totally in the raptures of sleep Sam put her head on Jack’s arm and started to fall sleep herself know that their relationship would be hard. Nothing was ever easy but at least she had him that was all the matter to her now. Things would be good hopefully everything would fall into place and the galaxy would be right again as well.

Repeat Chorus

Let the years roll on by
These are the best years of my life
I’ll just smile when my days are though
Knowing I was loved by you
At least I know that I’ve been loved by you.

Loved by you By Journey of the CD “Arrival”
Written by: (Cain/Tribble/Hyler)