samandjack.net

Story Notes: EMAIL: MStasiak@aol.com

CATEGORY: S&J

WARNINGS: None that I could think of

ARCHIVE: Heliopolis and SJA (if you want it)

SPOILERS: Started with Message in a Bottle - Ended without spoilers.

NOTES: Dedicated to the person who support me since word one and forced me to post it: Anne-Marie Dixon (First fic ever posted - please be kind.)


It’s just a few days since I got out of the infirmary - and right now I’m sitting on the roof, looking at the stars and listening to the radio.

"Wild horses could not drag me away...."

Yeah, they couldn’t. I am still here. We’re all still here. Well, that *orb* is not here anymore but that isn't *really* bothering me.

Closing my eyes I think of the past few days. It all happened so fast. Sometimes I have the feeling it happens too fast. I feel that I can’t take it all in, keep all the memories.

I let my thoughts drift...

"Wild horses could not drag me away...."

Sam was there. The whole time. Trying to find a way to rescue me. And finally she succeeded. Yeah, Sam. No, Captain Carter. I shouldn’t be calling her *Sam*. Because Sam leads to Samantha and... well, Samantha is a WOMAN. A very beautiful woman. Intelligent and caring. And not my subordinate anymore. No improper thoughts about the woman under your command, O'Neill. But the woman got under my skin. And deeper?

Eyes still closed I hear a quiet voice.

"Colonel?"

Speaking of the devil. No, correction. Angel.

I open my eyes and turn around to see her standing on the ladder. She is looking my way. I catch her glance and she looks away. She looks so unsure What's bothering her so much?

"Captain." I acknowledge her presence.

She climbs up a little further and is standing on the roof. Without speaking she comes closer and sits down beside me.

"Colonel...."

Well, this is going to be an interesting conversation. I wonder if it's my turn to say 'Captain' again but I decide to give her time to speak on.

She's fiddling with her hands. Nervous? Sam?

"I wanted to say...". Silence again. Then she sighs.

Looking me straight in the eyes she puts her strength together and continues "I’m sorry, for all I put you through because of my stupid misjudgment. If I had just been more careful I...".

I stop her in mid-sentence with a motion of my hand. "Sam, you've done great. Believe me. If it wasn't for you none of us would be here at all. If someone’s to blame it's me. It was my decision to bring this *thing* to earth. It...".

She opens her mouth to say something but I stop her again. I look in her deep blue eyes. I take her whole appearance in. Let it flow through my mind. Her short blond hair. The way she is sitting close to me. Looking at me.

Then I can't hold it anymore. After all I am too glad to be alive, to have the chance to tell and show her how I feel. I can’t suppress my feelings anymore. I turn around and pull her into my arms. I hug her tightly. She is too surprised to react at first. Then she loosens up. Gives in to the moment, the touch.

I lower my mouth onto hers. She replies to the kiss in a gentle way, softly forcing me to kiss her more passionately. I obey her unspoken orders and start to caress her, start to move my fingertips from her neck down her shoulders and her arms. Till I hold her hands.

We part for a brief second to get some air. Then we continue kissing and touching.

Right now we’re not able to think straight. Nothing matters. Just feeling the other one is near and we are safe. Feeling the love. Yeah, love. I love Samantha Carter. And I am going to tell her tonight.

"Wild horses could not drag me away..."



*Ende*