samandjack.net

Story Notes: ravitala@sitqad.co.il

RATING: PG-13 for some bad language and so on...

CATEGORY: Humor (I hope) / s&j

ARCHIVING:Sam&Jack,yes Heliopolis,yes anyone else please ask

SPOILERS: small ones for bloodlines and COTG

FEEDBACK: yes please! Flames are welcome also!

AUTHOR'S NOTES: I really hope it will make you smile! and no! the name in the title is NOT a spelling mistake! I want to thank Amelie for breathing some life in to my dieing muse (btw she ran away again so if any one sees her let me know!) and to Andrea the best beta a girl can hope for :)


==Jack==



Okay I'll admit it. At first I didn't even like the damn thing. I was disappointed that of all things that my teammates could have gotten me for my 45th birthday they went out and got me a useless gray box.

"It's a state of the art computer! With a Pentium III processor, 128 MB of RAM, 8.1 GB of hard drive, and very advanced sound and Video card! This baby can do almost anything you want it to! except maybe cleaning." Scientists! The way Carter talked about that computer is sick! I really don't see what she found so goddamn interesting in that gray box. "Oh and naturally we added in a modem so you can log on the net!" Naturally, what's so natural about that? What a horrible way to spend your money. I could have found a lot more natural ways to spend $2000 if you asked me.

Daniel was giving me that look again. That 'why do we even bother' look. I tried to be polite and show a little interest in the new toy they got me. I flipped the thing around to Carter's horror, apparently that's not how you're supposed to handle it.

"Don't worry Jack! I'll teach you everything you need to know! Hell if Teal'c can do it so can you!" Really funny Danny boy. Teal'c can also hold his breath under water for a very very long time. Doesn't mean I'm gonna try and do that too.

For a few weeks it just sat there. Staring at me. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. Daniel tried to give me a few lessons but after the 3rd one he gave up and even suggested a few imaginative places I can shove the box too. So I left it. Sitting there, gathering dust. Until that week I got sick. I managed to survive so many alien viruses (I even managed to enjoy some of them) and a simple flu got me down.

They sent me home in shame. The rest of the team was on stand down because of that. After I managed to scare them all away screaming, Daniel went with SG-9 to visit Abydos, Teal'c went on a visit to the land of light to see his family and Carter, she went to her brother's for a visit. So I was alone and bored. Add to that the amount of medications I was on and I think that's a good enough excuse.

I tried to follow what I remembered from Daniel's examples and I powered it up. And what do you know, after only 6 tries and a few colorful words I was online. The wonderful world of IRC that's what Daniel called it. The virtual zoo is more like it. Daniel gave me the nick Aries. He said it was the most appropriate nick for me. Both astronomical and combat related. I drifted in and out of several chat rooms (some of the things discussed there got even me to blush!) and finally I landed on a room for military personnel.

I spent several minutes talking to SGSI (Solider Going silently Insane - according to him anyway, a marine probably) I was actually having fun! We started talking about the gulf war and right in the middle of a very interesting story I was telling, minus the classified stuff of course, that's when I met her. Crater. At first I thought it was my Carter I mean Sam Carter, Major Sam Carter, well you know what I mean. I hoped it was my Carter but my mind suggested that it couldn't be her. What are the odds that of all people in the world, I would run into her on the net? so I decided to quit that train of thought.

She barged in to the conversation and started correcting me. We soon got dragged into a small virtual battle; needless to say I liked her from the start. I guess I have a thing for woman with fire in their blood. Sara was like that and S... ahm several other women I had a thing for. We soon got our very own private chat room, and I found myself actually waiting to use the computer. She didn't reveal much about her life all I knew was that she lived near by. She was military, that's for sure; she understood the mind of a solider. But she didn't reveal what branch she was in. We soon started talking about private stuff, I told her things I haven't told anyone in my life. I guess it's a lot easier to tell things to a person when you can't see his/her reaction. After a few days I finally got the nerve to ask her for a real meeting. She said yes, we were supposed to meet at the new Italian restaurant down town Friday at 20:00.

God I how I wished it was Friday!



==Sam==



I met a man. Yes I know, shocking. Well I haven't actually met him per say but in a way I did. Confused? Well join the club. I was visiting my brother's for a week. Sounds like heaven doesn't it? And at first it was, but after the first 3 days it started to get boring and I was dying for some mature conversation. So I logged on the net. IRC chats were my favorite before I joined the SGC. I used to spend a lot of my night hours chatting with fellow colleges about interesting subjects. It's really a very good way to extend your horizons.

Anyway I logged on the net with a very non-female nickname. Learn from experience that's what I say. And if that's told me anything it's do not reveal you're a female in your nick otherwise you'll mostly get people discussing proposals and propositions and I really have no time for that kind of stupidity. But then I met him. He wouldn't tell me his real name but I loved his nick. We started off a little rocky, we didn't exactly see eye-to-eye on anything but we kept talking and I'm so glad we did. For the past few days we had long conversations that spread into the night, he really is an amazing man. He kinda reminded me of someone else I know but we won't get in to that one now.

I didn't tell him much about myself but I know he lives near to the SGC. I told him things I haven't told anyone in my life. Well except my team, they know things I didn't want any living person to know. Daniel especially, he is my best 'girlfriend'. Well not that Danny is a girl (even if he does have that girlish squeal about him) but... oh well you know what I mean, Just don't tell him I told you that or he will give me the silent treatment for a month. Where was I? Oh yes, prince charming. So we decided to meet. He asked me to meet actually; I would never have the nerve to ask him. Amazing what some optical cables can do isn't it? The way our world becomes so small from a few wires someone spread over the land. The whole concept of the Internet amazing...ok ok you can wipe that glazed look of your face I'll shut up now. We are meeting on Friday when I get back home. Wish me luck!



==Daniel==



Hi I'm Daniel Jackson, but I guess you all kinda knew that right? I take full responsibility for this. I was the one who convinced Teal'c and Sam to get Jack a laptop. It was me who taught him how to use it (or tried to anyway). I should have known something was up on Friday when Jack let me talk for 20 minutes and did not interrupt me once. He even seemed to pay attention when I told him about the history of this thing I found, And for Jack that close to a miracle. I caught him whistling to himself and trying to hide that stupid grin he had on his face and finally I got a clue.

When I left his house that afternoon I was happy for him, he deserves to be happy and I hoped that this net woman was the one. It wasn't until 30 minutes after that I realized the catastrophe. Sam busted in to my apartment with Ice cream and flushed cheeks and started telling me about this amazing man she met. It didn't take me too long to put two and two together. At first I thought about telling them but then I figured why ruin the fun. It was about time they noticed what everyone else had known for years. So I did what every good friend should do, the minute Sam left I made reservations for Teal'c and myself at the same restaurant. This is one floorshow I am not going to miss. And what a show it was.



==Teal'c==



I have no comment. I was only an innocent bystander.



==Jack==



How was it? HOW WAS IT? That's what you want to know? Ill tell you how was it! Hell! Yes, you got it! Pure hell! For crying out loud all I wanted to do was have a nice dinner with a nice woman but nooooooo not for good old Jack! But maybe I should start from the start, how corny is that?

I got to the restaurant at 19:55 with a white rose in my hand and a smile on my face. I don't remember being this excited about anything in years. I asked the waiter for the best seat in the house and I even slipped him a 20 so I'd be sure to get it. And I have to admit the table was great. It was a quiet corner with not too much lighting, very romantic. Crater was due any minute. She was supposed to wear a red dress and that was how I was supposed to recognize her. The white rose and the black suit were my ID card.

When I saw her enter the room in that amazing blue dress I didn't know what to do. Sam was amazing. Every head in the house turned to watch her enter the room. She radiated. I have to admit some little part in me hoped that Sam would turn out to be Crater but when I saw her in that amazing blue dress I knew it wasn't her. Then I wondered what she was doing there but I decided that as much as I was curious it really wasn't any of my business. Five minutes later the door opened and a redhead dressed in a red dress walked in. for some reason her entrance didn't attract as much attention as Sam's did. A few heads turned but nothing more. She was nice looking I suppose. Very well groomed. A little too much for my taste.



==Sam==



I don't want to talk about it. How can you describe the most humiliating night of your life? I swear if I didn't know any better I would have thought he did it on purpose. It all started when I walked in to the restaurant. Everyone just stared at me like I was some kind of a freak! What they never saw a woman in a blue dress before? I wanted to bury myself. After what seemed to be forever the waiter finally showed me to a very nice table. Jon wasn't there yet so I sat down and started scanning the room.

That's when I saw him. I have no idea what he was doing there but boy did he look good. Very good. Extremely good. I like it when he wears black. It works for him. And then I saw her. The woman in the red dress, talk about drop dead gorgeous. There were men in the room that were actually drooling. I couldn't take my eyes off them, thoughts running in my head, full scenarios about who she was and why she was here. Finally I came to a decision that she was either his long lost sister or a distant cousin. Hey, don't look at me like that! there is no law against lying to yourself. When my date came in I was stunned. He was very good looking, okay maybe he did have just a little bit too much stuff in his hair (I bet he spent more time working on his hair then I did) and I really didn't like his tie but he was obviously a very handsome man.



==Jack==



Crater turned out to be Angela. She talked a lot. Or maybe it was just me. I had to figure out who that man was that Sam was with. He was a looker. Looked like he just jumped out of "Cosmo - hunk of the year" or something. Daniel didn't mention anything to me about her dating anyone, not that it's any of my business. When Angela suggested we dance I jumped at the offer. It was a safe way to inspect Sam and her date up close. If I had known the guy was such a jerk I would never have bothered.



==Daniel==



Didn't I tell you it was all my fault? The minute I saw Sam getting into the restaurant I knew there were gonna be trouble. She was supposed to be wearing a red dress what the hell was she doing in a blue one? And when I saw that red head that entered the room and almost ran to stick her claws in Jack I knew what a horrible mistake I had made. They sat in opposite sides of the restaurant but they saw each other. When Jack and that redhead got up to dance I couldn't stop what was going to happen.

Jack kept sending hostile looks towards Sam and her date. Sam was trying to ignore the fact that Jack was dancing with an amazing redhead in front of her face. I have to admit it; it was rather amusing seeing them at first. Both with great dates but couldn't get their minds off each other. Then Sam did something I never expected. She got up and dragged her date to the dance floor. That's when the real trouble began.

They acted like children; at first they acknowledged each other with a look and a nod but then a hidden competition started between them. If Jack dipped his partner Sam got dipped by hers. If Sam and her date made some amazing new move, Jack and his date were soon to follow. The other dancers soon made way to the small competition that took place on the dance floor. Then it happened. Jack collided with Sam's partner throwing him clear across the room and right in to a very big chocolate cake that just stood there on the dessert cart minding its own business. In Jack's defense he really didn't mean to shove the guy right into the cake but it just came out that way. Then the shouting began, Sam was standing there her cheeks flushed with anger and shouting at her superior officer like there was no tomorrow. I never saw her like that. Totally out of character. I really thought they would have to call the police to shut them up, until Teal'c took business in to his own hands and pored 2 jugs of Ice-cold water on both of them.



==Teal'c==



I will admit that my previous statement was a bit incorrect. I did take a small part in the events. O'Neill and Major Carter seemed to be overheated so I picked the only logical way to cool them down. At first when Daniel explained why we were going to the restaurant to watch the show I did not grasp his intent. It was only until I saw Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter 'go at it' as you humans say did I understand. After I managed to calm them down Daniel Jackson suggested a fast retreat. I saw no reason to disagree and we left.



==Jack==



You can wipe that smug look from your face right now! He dropped water on us! At first I was ready to punch the day light of who ever it was that had the nerves to do that. When I saw Teal'c I decided it was better to protest loudly than actually do anything about it. Living is way up there in my priority list. I couldn't believe Carter! What ever gave her that stupid idea I did that on purpose? So what if pretty boy got a little chocolate on his face? What's the big fucking deal?? It won't kill him. I can tell you this much I will never look at her the same way again. And I will never in my life log on another net!



==Sam==



Now do you see why it was so humiliating? It took me a few minutes but I finally got a hold of myself and ran out. After that I just kept driving. It took me 4 hours to make a 20 minutes drive back to my house. How could he do that? And with a redhead? Hmm I mean how could Teal'c throw the water on us like that in front of everyone? That's one restaurant I can never go back too, that's for sure. And as for Jack, I could kill him right about now. I am just so mad!



==Daniel==



So what are you looking at me for? I only got Teal'c there so I'd have some company as I watched my two best friends finally admitting they love each other. It wasn't my fault that it turned out the way it did. Or was it? I guess it was. I don't know. Maybe I should tell you the latest news? I have a feeling you're going to like it. I did convince Jack to go talk to Sam. Who knows maybe they will get out of this better then before.



==Jack ==



I sat for 4 hours near her house. On the floor, like a dog. I couldn't believe Daniel talked me into this. When I saw her I knew it was the right decision. She looked so lost, her dress was still a little wet. She looked tired and disheveled but in my humble opinion she looked better then Angela ever did.

It was embarrassing at first. I didn't know what to say. How are you supposed to tell someone who you are not supposed to have any unprofessional feelings for that you're in love with them? Or do you just keep silent and hope that it blows over? Needless to say that we both just stared at each other for a while, both too ashamed to talk. And then she did something I never thought was possible, she kissed me. And I'm not talking about a 'I'm so high on something I don't care who I kiss' or a 'I seem to have a little virus' kind of a kiss. It was one of the best kisses I ever got. The kind that makes your heart melt and your legs to shake. I thanked god and I kissed her back. Years from now, when I look back at my life, that kiss is going to be way up on the list.

What can I say? Life is sweet. And I mean that in a good way.



==Sam==



So you wonna hear the whole sappy, happy ending, to the restaurant fiasco? We're getting married 2 weeks from Friday. And don't tell me you knew all along, I get enough of that from Daniel. He has the most annoying smug look on his face when he sees Jack and me now. Not that I mind. He earned his right to wear it. Teal'c has expressed his approval as well, not in exactly the same way but he did say he hoped he would not be needing any more water jugs around. It took us a while to explain everything to the general. He was not pleased to say the least. But I think he was more pissed at the restaurant scene then anything else. We even made the local papers with that one. A very nice picture of Jack and me standing there, soaking wet staring at each other. Jack got it framed, something to show the kids he says. It turns out that Jack and myself did talk on the net that day. Who knew that he was Aries and I was SGSI. What can I say? Life is sweet.



THE END!