samandjack.net

Story Notes: jez80@ozemail.com.au

SPOILERS: None

RATING: PG13 (There are some adult themes but nothing bad)

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack and Heliopolis please.

AUTHORS NOTES: This fic is my answer to the 1999 Dark Secrets Challenge-everyone in SG-1 has to reveal a dark secret and Sam's secret must be the most shocking.

FEEDBACK: By law, you are required to send me feedback :)


SG-1 had been given two days off after a particularly hard mission. None of them had been seriously injured but they had a multitude of cuts and bruises between them and were determined to take any time off they could get. They had decided to go to Jack's place for their customary beer and pizza night.

"Okay, everyone grab a Bud and dig in" Jack said as he carried the pizza into the living room. Two pizzas and several beers later the topic of conversation had turned to secrets. Daniel was red with embarrassment as he divulged his deep secret. "...she was so nice and friendly that I thought what the hell, I'd go back to her room like she asked. Once we got there her whole personality changed. She was all business. When she started giving me prices I finally figured out she was a hooker. I tried to tell her that I'd made a mistake and she got really mad. She knocked me onto the bed and handcuffed me to the headboard. She... uh then took my pants off and left me there. I was *so* embarrassed. I sat there waiting and eventually the maid came to clean the room and found me." He looked at his friends who were rolling around laughing. Even Teal'c looked amused.

"Okay. Now I've totally embarrassed myself it's someone else's turn. How 'bout you Teal'c? You ever done anything that you shouldn't have?"

Teal'c nodded solemnly. "Indeed I have Daniel Jackson, although my story would not be humorous."

"Not everyone can lead as colourful lives as our friend here. Tell us anyway Teal'c" Jack suggested.

"Very well O'Neill. On Chulak it is customary to fight for the woman we wish to wed. When it was time for Drey'ac to wed there were two suitors, myself and my brother, Traedan."

"You had to fight your brother?" Sam asked, surprise showing on her face.

"That is correct Major Carter. It was to be a fight to the death. It was clear that I would win the fight, I was much stronger than Traedan, so I made him pretend to be dead. It is proper for the winner to dispose of the dead body so I carried him into the forest and released him. He fled to the banished land where he married and now has three children."

"Wow. That's deep" Jack pronounced. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Your turn Jack" Daniel said, not letting his friend get out of divulging a secret and trying to lighten the mood.

"All my secrets are classified" Jack shot back.

"Sure they are. Anyway, you can't use that as an excuse, we all have clearance" Daniel persisted.

Jack thought for a minute before a grin lit up his face. "Okay I'll tell you one when Charlie was born. It was about one in the morning when Sarah went into labour. After she finally woke me up I freaked. I bundled her into the car, before I realised I'd forgotten her bag and the car keys. I finally got it together and got her to the hospital where everything went well until Charlie was born. They asked me if I wanted to cut the umbilical cord. I did it and promptly passed out. That's how I got this." He pointed to the scar on his eyebrow.

Daniel and Sam laughed. "And here I was thinking that scar was from some heroic mission" Sam chuckled.

"Hey that was a mission. I was threatened with various forms of torture. I swear, Sarah knew words that made me blush!"

They all laughed before three pairs of eyes turned to Sam. "Guess who's next" Jack said with a grin.

"Wow is that the time? I should really be going" Sam said as she rose from the couch.

"Oh no you don't! It's only early" Jack replied. "So Major. What's your secret?"

"How did we get talking about this?" Sam asked.

"Don't try and change the subject Carter" Jack replied.

"Um okay, I once helped a friend cheat in his Chemistry exam. How's that?"

"And you call yourself a model citizen" Jack said with a mock scowl.

Sam smiled and walked out to the kitchen. She pulled a beer out of the fridge and turned to see her friends standing in the doorway.

"Come on Sam. We told you our deepest secret. It's your turn" Daniel said with a grin.

"Not in this life time" she replied, leaning up against the fridge.

"Aaw come on Carter. Don't you trust us?" Jack asked, trying to look hurt.

"With my life...yes. With my secret... no way."

"Sam. You can trust us. Come on I told you I got cuffed by a hooker!" Daniel pleaded.

Sam sighed. "Oh fine, but I swear to god, anyone tells another soul.... I know more than one way to kill a person and make it look like an accident."

"Don't worry Carter we wouldn't tell. I know how lethal you are when mad." Jack smiled sweetly at her as she walked past him and back into the living room.

She sat down on the sofa, waiting for the guys to take up their spots around her.

"Man, I can't believe I'm gunna tell you guys this." She took a deep breath and a large swig of her beer before beginning her story. "When I finished High School, a group of friends and I decided we'd go on a holiday before university started. We decided on Australia. My Dad was pissed as and refused to pay so I paid my own way over there. We travelled around a bit and ended up in Sydney where I ran out of money. I refused to ring Dad for help and didn't want to borrow from my friends so I was basically planning on coming home. We were in this suburb called Kings Cross and we were just walking down the street when this guy approached me. He'd heard me saying that I'd run out of money and knew how I could get some really easy. I thought that he meant as a hooker, it was the red light district after all, but it turned out he ran a really classy strip club..."

"Oh Sam, you didn't?!" Daniel gasped.

Sam nodded. "I just went to the bar to check it out and he introduced me to all these girls that worked there. They said it was so much fun and it was strictly a hands off thing. All I had to do was dance and strip. The woman in charge of the dancers gave me some lessons and took me shopping for outfits to wear. It was heaps of fun and I was earning about three hundred bucks a night plus tips." Sam's face was bright red with embarrassment. She looked at her friends who looked very shocked.

Teal'c was confused. "I do not understand. Is not a strip club like that place you took me to O'Neill?"

"Jack! You took Teal'c to a strip club? What were you thinking?" Daniel asked, exasperated and trying *very* hard to get the image of Sam dancing erotically out of his head.

"Hey. You're the one that told me he needed to experience Earth culture. Anyway that's not the point. The point is our sweet, innocent Major here is a table dancer."

"I'm not a table dancer!"

"So will you give us a performance? I'm pretty sure I've got some dollar bills." He waggled his eyebrows and gave her a leer.

Sam looked at her Colonel and decided to wipe that grin right off his face. "Yeah sure" she said as she got up. "Just let me put some music on." She was very pleased to see his jaw drop and his eyes bulge.

Daniel jumped up. "He was kidding! Tell her you were kidding Jack!"

"I was kidding" Jack agreed, still looking a little stunned.

"Are you sure? I mean it mightn't look as good with jeans..."

"It's okay Sam" Daniel insisted.

Sam nodded and sat down with a very satisfied smile.

It took about half an hour and several more beers before the three guys stopped looking at her every two seconds. By that time, Daniel was passed out on the couch and Teal'c was trying to wake him to take him home. After the third attempt he gave up and carried him out to the car. He turned back to Sam and Jack who had walked out with him. "Major Carter, I do not think you should drive home in your current condition."

"It's okay Teal'c I'll catch a cab. Drive safely."

Teal'c nodded to the both and got in Daniel's car.

They stood at the door and waited for Teal'c to drive off. Jack put his arm around her shoulders. "Come on Sam, it's cold out here."

She nodded and they moved inside, Jack closing and locking the door behind them. Sam had moved to clean up and Jack followed her out into the kitchen. She turned around and saw him standing there, leaning up against the door frame and staring intently. "What?" She asked.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a stripper?"

"I wasn't a stripper per se. I only did it for a week. Plus it's not exactly good for career advancement."

"Yeah but why didn't you tell *me*?"

Sam sighed. "Jack we've been seeing each other for two weeks. For one it's not something I really think about, and to be honest I wasn't sure how you'd take it." She finally saw the twinkle in his eyes as he stepped toward her.

"Are you kidding? The thought of you stripping for me is driving me crazy!" He took her in his arms and kissed her passionately. "What do say Major? Care to make a man's fantasy come true?"

She couldn't help but giggle. "Only if you return the favour" she replied with a mischievous grin.

"Anything" he replied as he led her up the stairs.

"Great. Got any handcuffs?"

The door to the bedroom closed and the lovers spent the night playing out each other's fantasies.



THE END