samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: scc@surfct.com.au

Archive: SJA Yes, HELIOPOLIS, yes

Keywords: Sam/other than sam/Jack romance

Sequel/Spoilers:none

Feedback: YES! YES! YES!


"Colonel O'Neill, for once i'm glad to see your ugly face." Makpeace shouted as the weary SG-1 team walked towards the lockers. Jack grinned and shook his head at his friends welcome home greeting.

"Thanks Makpeace, i missed you too." He said jokingly. Beside him he saw out of the corner of his eye, that Sam flinched. He sighed, back to the drawing board. He had tried to hard to forget her, to forget the hidden lust he felt for her, the tingle of excitment when she smiled at him or brushed past him. He thought he had finally managed to forget her when he was with lara. She was nothing like Sam, the complete opposite. That's why he was drawn to her. Someone he didn't have to constanly compare with Sam. She was diffrent, very non military and she actaully *wanted* him.

Unlike home, where he was't really needed. He never actually thought that they would come looking for him. Never thought that Sam would actually keep going and search for him. He thought that he would just be another MIA. Sure he's friends would shed a few tears, but then they would get back to normal and find a new and better and younger comander. Let's face facts, he wasn't getting any younger.

Instead of going with them to the infirmary, Sam took off down the hall and towards the elevator without warning. Jack raised his eye brows and he looked at Daniel. Jack knew that Daniel knew what was wrong, but the man kept it hidden from him. Daniel just shrugged his shoulder and they greeted Janet as they cheaked into the infirmary.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------



Jack pulled his car into the parking lot of a bar that Makpeace had organised them to meet at. Makpeace and his buddies had decided on having a welcome back party, really just an excuse to have a party and they all agreed to spend the night drinking and talking about everything and nothing.

Most of the teams where coming, others where either off world or had reports to fill in. Daniel had rung Sam, but had never gotten ahold of her, so it was just the guys. He never thought he would miss the smell of ciggrette and beer, as they wafted throught he open door and into the parking lot. But as he come close he felt a pang that he missed it. He'd missed alot while he was gone. At the time, he didn't give a damn, he was full of self pity and his own grief that he didn't give a damn if they never found him. Now he wished that he never had left earth in the first place and he wondered how he could ever conisder staying on that planet.

"Jack!" Daniel called out and waved him over to the booth where they all sat. SG-3 and 4 already seated and drinking there beers. When he sat down a cheer when up and they toasted him. I'm home, he thought happily. I'm really home, and i'm with all my friends. Well most of them, one person in particular was missing. Though he sensed it was his fault.

He hadn't meant ot be so cold, but when he saw Sam he felt so angry.Angry because of all the feelings he thought he had finally lost, come flooding back to him. He had tried so hard to think of Sam as a solider, his subordant, but the more he saw her the more he wanted to see her as his best friend. His soul mate. His lover. So when he looked back at lara, he had felt anger and guilt. Guilt because he had used to her to get over Sam and anger becasue she *wasn't* sam.

He took a sip of the beer Makpeace had brought over and enjoyed the taste of the bitter liquid. His eyes roamed the dance floor. Millions of bodies squashed together, each one dancing to his or her own beat. One body in particular stood out from the rest. Her long tanned legs, clad in high silver platforms, dancing to a beat and grinding her hips, clad in a tiny dark denim piece of martieral they called a skirt. The crowd parted slightly and the sight of the dancer took his breath away. His eyes roamed over her red sequend boob tube while glitter addorned her neck and arms, causing a shimmer effect as she moved.

Jack took another sip and apreicatively admired the body. That is until she turned around, reveling the face. THe blood red lips drawn in a large smile and her blue yes dancing.

Sam.

He blinked and observed her movements. One leg was inbetween the male she was dancing with while her hands wound around his neck as they grinded into one another. He noticed with discust as the tall blond headed male ran his hands up and down the back of her legs, rasing her already reveling skirt.

"Wow, Go Sam!" Shouted makepeace as the male dipped her and kissed her inteansly. Still hanging backwards she pulled him closer and devoured his mouth with her own. They didn't come up for air until the song had ended. He pulled her back up and twirled, before coming back in for another kiss.

Jack looked away. His heart poudnign, and his gutt sick with jealously. That should be him. That should be me, kissing her like there's no tomorrow. He thought bitterly. He downed his glass and went to get another one. Standing at the bar he waited paciently as the bartender went to get his drink.

Feeling depressed he fiddled with the coaster nad only looked up when he heard laughter. He watched painfully as Sam was pushed up against the chair beside him nad she giggled into the guys mouth. "Wait." She giggled suductively. "Let me get a breather." SHe protested as he started kissing her neck. She pushed him away and got a drink. "Shooo." She pushing him away angrily.

Sam downed the teqilla and pushed the guy away. "Later." SHe grunted as he ran his hands over her thighs. He sighed and walked back to the dance floor leaving her to have another drink. Jack turned to her. She looked buatiful. All her hair was covered in glitterd and sparkeld as she moved her head, while her cheeks where flushed from dancing, giving her a rosy glow.

"Sa..." He started but was cut short when a tall brown headed man stepped infront of him.

"So beautiful, what are you doing here all alone?" He leered leaning against the bar casually. Jack rolled his eye at the probably well rehearsed line and waited for Sam to tell the guy where to go. But to his surprise the normal, 'back off buster' rotuinee, was replaced with the sounds of laughter.

"Waiting for you to come and pick me up handsome." She winked at the man, he's green eyes lapping her up appreciatively. "So, you gonna bore we with usless chatter or should we just go and get it on already?" She leered enjoying to look of shock and then lust fill his eyes.

"Baby, we can do what ever you want." He said grinning and wrapping his hands around her waist.

"Good, cause i'm in the mood for some dancing." She quirked and pulled the man byt he shirt towards the dance floor. Jack blinked, closing his mouth from the shock. Who the hell was that, and what had she done with Sam? He, in all the 3 years he'd know her,had never heard her talk like that. Even when she was drunk she didn't sound so....so..... suductive. Not even when she had been 'touched' and went primal on him.

He wondered back over to the table of laughing solider and sat down. Daniel noticed that he wasn't in the mood straight awawy. "What's wrong Jack?" Daniel asked.

Jack jumped from his thoughts. "Wha?" He asked. He shook his head. "Oh nothing. I just saw Sam, that's all." He explained looking over his shoulder and watched as she lap danced with the man she had met only moments ago. What was wrong with her? Why was she acting like this?

"Yeah, well, she's just letting off some steam." Daniel said flatly.

Jack rose his eyes browns and looked at his frowning friend. "What? Why?" He asked.

Daniel didn't look impressed and frowned disaprovingly as Sam started dancing with two men at the same time. Daniel knew his friend felt hurt and betrayed and wanted to get Jack out of her system, but acting like a slut wasn't going to help her. He didn't mean to use such a cruel world, but he knew that some men where going to 'ge lucky' tonight. He just hoped she woke up soon.

"Daniel, what happend while i was gone?" Jack asked worridly, bringing Daniel from his worrying thoughts. Maybe he should Janet. Daniel wonderd.

"You really don't get it Jack." He asked turning to the man. Jack shook his head confused. "Sam..." He paused and shook his head as she danced with the guy infront of her, while the one behind her kissed her neck. She really shouldn't be doing this. Daniel thought, not here, not now. Makpeace was going to give her hell later. "She missed you."He said simply.

Jack gave him a look. "Yeah, i missed you guys too. But that donsn't explain...."He waved at her, not wanting to watch the site. "That." He spluttered.

"No Jack. She *missed* you. She never gave up on you Jack." He confessed. He might as well here it from me, Daniel thought, because Sam wont. He sighed. "3 months Jack, and not *once* did Sam go home to sleep. Day and night, she worked. She worked and ate and slept in her lab, trying to find a way to get you home. Trying to build a partiacal beam so you didn't have to be there any longer than you had too." Daniel couldn't help the bitterness in his vioce. He watched his friend go quite and concentrate on his beer.

"I never knew." he said weakily.

"Yeah, and how did you repay her? I must of missed the part where you thanked her and said 'thankgod I have you." Daniel pointed out. He shook his head sadly, Sam now giggling and dancing about 4 men,each with lust in there eyes. "She must of missed it too. So now, she's gone to find someone else to thank her."

Jack's eyes filled with horror as Sam was led out of the building. He stood up, just because he was an idiot and a bastard didn't mean he was going to sit by and watch her ruin her life. Daniel called out but he egnored the man and ran out after her. The air was chilly and he tugged at his jacket, as he searched the lot for her.

He never thought that maybe she would miss him. Never considered that she might give up everything and move heaven and earth to find him. What had he done? How could he be such a moron. Please Sam, he prayed, don't do this, forgive me. But his prayers fluttered out hopelessy when he spotted her.

She was giggling as she was pushed against the wall and her skirt was pulled up over her hips. Hungrily a man, jack had never seen before, was running his hands over her body and pushing her harder into the wall as he undid his pants.

"Sam!" Jack shouted. She didn't hear him as he came runnning towards them and contiued to kiss the guy with such lust filled passion. "Sam!" He shouted and pulled the man off her, punching him once before throwing him to the ground.

Sam yelled out and ran to the fallen guy, touching his bloodied nose. The man looked from her to Jack who was rolling up the cuff of his jacket preparing himself for a fight. The man pushed Sam to the side and she protested.

"Who's this old jerk?" THe guy asked wipping away the blood from his nose. "You dad or something?" Jack glowered at the man and ducked from the swing that the younger man fired. Jack in turn swung his own and his fist conected witht eh chin.

The man fell to the floor and Sam screamed. "Jack!" She yelled bending down to the man. "Go away, it's none of your business."She sat the guy up and looked up wearily at Jack.

"It is my business when you go sleeping with other guys." He said grasping her arm and pulling him away. Sam threw his hand off her arm angrily. She glared at him and Jack felt his insides freeze.

"No, it's not your business you hypotcrite." She shouted angrily. She turned away from him and started walking away when he grapped her. Picking her up her threw her over his shoulder and carried her kicking and screaming to the car. He almost dropped her as she kicked his stomach , but he reatined her and threw open his car door and through her in.

Sam automatickly jumped straight back out and started to walk away. Jack swore and yanked her back. "Get into the car." He yelled angrily as she fought him.

"NO!" SHe shouted, not caring if she was making a scene.

"Get into the car Samantha or i'll put you in the car." He threatend. Sam glared at him, but eventally after a battle of stares she climbed in and crossed her arms angrily. Jack climbed into the car and shut the door, the car rocking at the force.

"I hate you!" She shouted as they started to drive off.

"No you don't." He answered back cooly, turning onto the highway.

"Yes, i do! You don't even know me, so how would you know?" She asked, sounding very much like a rebelious teenager. Sam forwned and started at the car wissing past. "Why are you such an arsehole? Your such a jerk! You beat some poor guy up for no reason except that your a bastard!"

If she wasn't so drunk he might of felt hurt by her words. Instead he just egnored her and kept driving towards her house. "See!" She screeked. "You don't even care do you! You think your so great, sleeping with women from other planets, while the rest of us are working our *asses* off while your too busy looking at asses."

Jack felt the urge to laugh. SHe was pouting like a spoilt 5 year old, her cheeks all flushed and her knuckles white from clamping them so hard together. But her drunken feelings struck a cord with him and he felt guilty. "Sam, i didn't know...."

"Don't call me that!" She cried. "You have no right to call me Sam. To you it is Major Carter." SHe declared and switched on the radio full ball. Jack sighed, if she was going to be stubbourn and act like a child tonight, then He would talk to her in the morning. So instead he let her fume and mutter beside hima dn listen to the radio.

After a while she went silent and was just staring at hte radio listening to the words play;



"I play a good game, but not good as you
I may be a little cold, but you can be so cruel
I'm not made of brick, i'm not made of stone
But i had you fooled enough to take me on

If love was a war, it's you that has on
While I was confessing it
You held you tongue
Now the damage is done

there's blood in these viens
and i cry when in pain
i'm only human on the inside
and though looks may decieve
make it hard to believe
i'm only human on the inside, on the inside"

Sam sighed. He was such an idiot, a jerk, a.....she couldn't find the right word for what she was feeling. How could he be such a....primitive. Bashing the crap out a men just because she was having a little fun. He acted like some possesive father. But even her father wouldn't have done that.

Embarrased that's what she felt. Embarrsed becuase her Colonel was such an egotistical male and thoght only of himself and of his pants. Not once had he even said thankyou. 3 months she had done the impossiable. She'd built him a particle beam, she come to terms with the feelings inside of herself, instead of running away. She could of built him the heavens and he wouldn't of even noticed.

She listend to the words, feeling a realtion to them. The way he had treated her. Didn't even care. She should of left him there to die. Should of said 'oh well send a ship for him then.' But no, she had done everything in her power, and what had she gotten? Embarrashment, a poor man with a now broken nose and a moron of a man sitting next to her. He probally thinks he's damn hercules or something. She thought bitterly.



"I thought you'd come through
I thought you'd come cleasn
You where the best thing
I should never had seen
Cause you go to extremes
You push me to far
Then you keep going 'till you break my heart
Yeah you break my heart

So i bleed and i bruise
Oh, but what's it to you
I'm only human on the inside
And though looks may decieve
Make it hard to believe
I'm only human on the inside
Well i crash and i burn
Maybe some day i'll learn
I'm only human on the inside
I stumble, i fall, baby under it all
I'm only human on the inside."



Well if that isn't true, i don't know what is. He did break my heart. Infact it still is. Now everytime she saw him, she saw the dispointed look on his face when he had to leave with them. He acted like they where 'forcing' him to come back to earth. Well if that's the way he felt than let's turn the car around and send him 'home'.

Sam felt tears fill her eyes. She always thought that here was 'home'. But it wasn't. Not for him. 'home' was with laura. The bueatiful woman who loved him. A woman that could give him everything. And what am i? She thought. I'm the nerdy scientist 'chic' who is seperating him from happiness. She thougth bitterly.

Sam looked out the windows and let the tears fall. Damn him. Damit all men. I hate them all. She thought. No, i hate me. I hate me for pickign the wrong guys, for being a love fooled idiot. From now on i'm sticking to my physics. Science can't hurt you. Not like Real Life. Not like relationships between a man that didn't even notice she was alive.

"I missed you too." She heard him say quietly. Sam snorted. Chancing a glance at him and seeing that he was looking at her. His eyes where warm and soft, his smile small and comforting. NO! She screamed, i wont be sucked in, i wont.

"Yeah, well *Laura* probably misses you too." SHe said bitterly, her lip curling in discust and hatred. He just looked at her shocked, glancing back at the road everynow nad then. "Why don't you just get your things and move back there?" SHe snapped.

"Is that what you want, Sam?" He snapped angrily. His eyes large and hurt.

"Is that what you want? You don't exactly seem over joyed to be back, infact i bet you wish you where back there in bed with that woman right now!" She yelled, tears spew down her face. "Right?!" She shouted.

"No!" He yelled back. What was she trying to do? She knew he was happy to be back.Right? He may not of started kissing the base floor, but he was happy to be back. He just felt exhusted and still in awe that he had been found and that he was recused. So many parts of him thougth it was just a dream. "Sam, no matter what your twisted mind thinks, i *am* glad that i'm home. I just never thought it would happen."

If anything she seemed more angry by the confesion. "Twisted! Well this twisted mind wasted her time in trying to find you. Why did you give up on me? I *never* gave up on you! None of us did. Even the general knew you would come home." He looked at her and felt his heart melt. Hot tears ran down her face and her eyes where hurt and unprotected from the military sheilds she wore. "You......gave us what? A whole 2 days thought before you jumped into bed with her! What's next your going to jump the next alien female you see? Are us humans that repulsive and not good enough for the likes of Jack O'Neill?"

Jack scretched on the brakes and turned to her. Luckily they where on a deserted street and no cars crashed. He glared at her. "What is the matter with you?" He asked. "What do i have to say to make you understand that i'm glad i'm home. Thankyou? Is that it? You want me to thankyou? Fine."

Sam watched startled as he climbed out of the car and climbed up onto the roof. Sam got out and watched him. Standing up onto the roof he cupped his hands and screamed at hte top of his lungs. "I THANK SAMANTHA CARTER FOR SAVING MY LIFE!!!!!!" He yelled.

Dogs barked, lights in houses came on and people shouted out. Sam covered her mouth to stop from smiling. He's a idiot. She thougth, a utter freak. "Jack!"she hissed tugging at his feet. "Jack get down, your upsetting people. "

Jack though haddn't finshed and contiued on. "I ALSO THANK HER FOR EVERY OTHER TIME SHE HAS! SHE BAUTIFUL, SEXY, SMART AND I LOVE HER!" Sam frooze and stared at him shocked. Had she heard right. Jack seemed to not care who heard and looked down at her. "Ok? I love you. You happy?" He said quieter.

Sam nodded, tears pooling again and pulled him down. When he was down he looked at her closely. "Ok, i love you Sam, she ment nothing. I was just trying to deny what i felt for you. I know i was an idot and a bastard, but please, i never intntionly set out to hurt you." He cupped her face. "I'm sorry for hitting that jerk, but i couldn't let you just throw away your dignity like that becasue you where pissed at me."

Sam looked up at him. Her heart filled with emtion adn her head cried out. "Please Sam, i'm sorry. Please forgive me? I love you." With that he leaned forward and slowly kissed her.

At first she didn't react. Too stunded by the promise and softness of his vioce that she couldn't believe it was the same man she had hated 10 minutes ago. BUt she quickly and eagerly kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck. The months fusration and sadness, fueled her and the longing that had filled her heart for years was gone. It left her with a feeling of warmth and comfort. "I love you too Jack." She whispered when they broke apart.

He looked at her for a moment and then the biggest smile lit up his features and he happily claimed her lips again. "Hey! Who's there?" A man barked from the front lawn, shining his torch at them. "Who are you?" Sam giggled in Jack's neck and Jack appologised.

Tugging Sam into the car they burst out laughing. They kissed one more time, smiling to one another and drove off.................



-Nikki.

~feedback please!!!!