samandjack.net

Story Notes: E-MAIL: kallanna.s@ukonline.co.uk

CATEGORY: Sam and Jack Romance

SPOILERS: None really though there are references to events in, In the line of Duty, Solitudes and 100 Day's

ARCHIVE: Sam and Jack, My Site.

FEEDBACK: Yes please.

NOTES: This is my first ever fic, I've not even written a Star Trek one. This just popped into my head this after a very special weekend, so I'm sorry if it's a bit soppy and doesn't flow to well, all I can say is it comes from the heart. :-)

The Woman in Me by Shania Twain. Is used without permission


It's funny how something so obvious can be right there in front of you, and you don't realize that it's there until it sneaks up behind you. It had been always been there, from the first moment they had met. Some unseen force the fates had sent to bind them to each other.

Life is never easy. A lot had happened between them over the years, they had been team mates, friends. Lost on an ice planet, dependant on each other to survive both not willing to let the other fall, together they had stayed.

She had been possessed by a Demon, trapped inside her own mind, her will suppress. And yet he had tried to reach her, to save her, protect her..

He had been stranded far from home, separated from the "Family", she had re-written the laws of physics to bring him back.

But still they did not notice it, as it slowly binded them together, one strand at a time, closer…

And here they were, friends sitting across from each other, chatting about things, hockey, and science. The Jukebox playing in the background, subconsciously she started to hum the tune.



I'm not always strong
And sometimes I'm even wrong
But I win when I choose
And I can't stand to lose



She looks up, their eyes meet but she continues to sing.



But I can't always be
The rock that you see
When the nights get too long
And I just can't go on



He takes her by the hand and leads her to the dance floor. She fall's into his embrace, and he knows the song is just for him.



The woman in me
Needs you to be
The man in my arms
To hold Tenderly
'Cause I'm a woman in love
And it's you I run to
Yeah the woman in me
Needs the man in you



Time stands still; it's just the two of them lost in each other.



When the world wants too much
And it feels cold and out of touch
It's a beautiful place
When you kiss my face



He leans towards her and captures her lips. The kiss is so tender, gentle, as though he is afraid it will break the spell. She deepens the kiss, her arms circling his neck not wanting to let him go.



The woman in me
Needs you to be
The man in my arms
To hold Tenderly
'Cause I'm a woman in love
And it's you I run to
Yeah the woman in me
Needs the man in you



Slowly they break the kiss and stair into each other's eyes. And there it is looking back at them.

"I Love You Sam"

"I Love You Jack"



Yeah the woman in me
Needs the man in you …



Fins