samandjack.net

Story Notes: I was bored. Ky was at work. The perfect scenario for all great IM fics.


"Breath."

"I am!"

"In and out."

"I am!"

"As deeply as you can."

"I AM!"

"Almost there."

"We're there," he said, finally putting a stop to everything as he stopped running.

"What are you doing?" she asked as she wandered back over to him in time to see him lay down on the ground, chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath.

"Hating you."

"You love me," she said with a smirk as she continued to stare down at him. He stared up at her, squinting slightly as the sun hit his eye. She was breathing hard too, though no where near as hard as he was. Some hair had slipped out of the braid she had thrown her hair into and was slowly curling from the sweat that had gathered on her forehead.

"Not right at this moment," he grumbled. With a heavy sigh Sam sat down on the ground beside Jack and handed him the water bottle she kept strapped to her back.

"Well, if you had kept up with this while in Washington, we wouldn't have this issue." She gave the spare tire they were trying to rid him of a little poke.

"Hey, I am a busy man, very in demand. I don't have time to spend several hours a week working out." Carter arched an eyebrow at him. She knew for a fact that even before he had left he never spent hours every week working out. "I'm a two star general Carter, I don't need to be battle field ready."

"They why the hell are we doing this?" she asked with a laugh. With all the trouble that Cam and Daniel seemed to find these days she didn't really need to run any more. But he had made some comments, so she had made the effort to start again and get him involved. Jack stayed quiet for a long moment and Sam began to wonder what kind of answer he was trying to form. "Just tell me the truth Jack," she said, stealing the water bottle from him.

"I like lookin' at ya," he finally muttered. She stopped drinking and looked at him.

"You mean to tell me that I have been killing myself everyday of my week long vacation with you because you like to look at me?"

"Maybe," he muttered. Sam simply shook her head before she stood up and gave her legs a shake. "You have a great ass Carter," he told her, flashing her a smile.

Sam didn't say anything to him. She stared at him for a moment longer before she turned the water bottle towards him and squeezed, sending a stream of cold water in his direction. As he complained, she capped the bottle again, tucked it in it's holder and took off down the path, intent on finishing her run with out having her ass ogled by Jack O'Neill.