samandjack.net

Story Notes: Email: scc@thepla.net

key words: S/J UST.....possiable future romance.

Feedback: well der! Course i do.

Archive: SJA sure, Heliopolis sure, anyone else go ahead, just let me know. Note: feeling a little Danny angst after watching 'forever in a day' noticing how very nice both S/J look identical in leather jackets, (what's going on?) So this is a short and sweet piece. If it sucks tell me and i'll fix any future mistakes!


"Hey you say you like the way the cowboys tip their hats and say, 'how's it goin' ?'. But your never quite clear if there glares are sincere or only just...second hand."

Daniel watched Jack smirked to himself watching as Carter sung ever so softly to herself, finding wonder where ever she trod. Once tree in particular held her interest and she almost fell backwards looking upwards.

"To you it's all roses it's a Lavender haze, the man is a marvel, but it's a shame about his brains. But that's ok you say he's got straight teeth and it's good sex."

A grin spread over Daniel's face and he shook his head. Sam was following an alien butterfly. He knew this because he had seen one of these before. It had 3 large wings either side and 2 heads. It was an odd looking creature, it glided through the breeze, lazily drooping through odd flowers.

Sam's wonder never ceased to amaze him. He was rather interested in the past of things, how they got their and why they where there. Sam was simply amussed by the wonder of it. She lived for the now. Although being a scientists she understood things by study, but it never took her taste for adventure away. She still could be entertained by the simplicity of things.

Like singing to herself. An odd tune or melody she had over heard and she would sing it for hours. Not loud enough to irritate anyone, but quiet enough to amuse her own ears. It didn't matter if it wasn't the right words or the exact tune, she was simply interested in the rhythm.

"Have you ever walked through a room, and it was more like the room passed around you, like there was a leash around your neck to pull you through. Have you ever burried your face in your hands, cause around you no one understands or has the slightest idea what it is that makes you be."

Yet some how, she seemed to be singing to them. Sometimes Sam found the perfect song to lift their spirts or give them a laugh. Sometimes it was just a song, something to busy her mouth with so she didn't babble outloud.

Daniel knew that Sam gave up alot for Jack. Not that she complained, infact he thought that she did it for just because. As if begging him for attention, like a spoiled father deprived child. But sometimes it was more than that.

Like when you look at an old couple that had spend more than half their lives together. Been with each other through thick and thin, shared the tears and laughter and children. THey bicker, but to them it's not. They do not be spiteful, they are mearly so well bonded together that it is just another way of expressing themselves to one another.

"But if you walk away, who is gonna stay, cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay. When the truth walks away, everybody stays, but i'd like to believe the world is a better place."

Daniel kept to listen to her sing, her voice rasing and falling as she contiued to follow the butterfly with childlike wonder in her eyes.

"Carter, watch out for the ledge." Jack warned as Sam balanced delicately on it, reaching for the butterfly. Before realising, she lost her footing.

Jack was over to her in 2 bounds and caught her by the jacket before she fell. She gasped and fell into him, trying to regain her balance. "You ok?" He asked, the tough tone present but not visable, his worried face giving away his real emotions.

Sam smiled reassuringly and straightened her jacket. "Yep. Thanks sir." She said and moved away, off in search for a new hobby to keep her wondering.

Jack sighed, watching her go and Daniel knew. Knew that once again O'Neill thanked his lucky stars that she was ok. He wore the same huanted relived look that he did when ever they found Sam.

Daniel wasn't a fool. Wasn't blind to the two infront of him. Both reaching out blindly to each other. Never the twain shall meet. But someday, maybe someday, the train will switch tracks and they'll meet for a head on collisions. One of both joy, sadness, relief and at one. Total piece of mind.

"I know somebody and they called your name, a million times and still you never came. They go on loving you just the same i know that somebody crying."

Daniel walked past Teal'c, feeling the watchful eye of the jaffa of his every movement. Much the same way that Jack studied Sam's movement. But not so intently and much diffrent. Teal'c did not hold the longing in his eyes, the hurt and sorrow of rejection.

Unrequited love. The bastard emotion of life. Or not. Sometimes people are blind. Or stupid. Neither one really want to believe that their own emotion are hidden so deeply behind the thick military walls. But if given the slightest peak, the slightest glimpse into the soul, could bring down the walls. And no king horses or kings men could pull it back together again.

" Isn't it ironic don't ya think? It's like rain, on your wedding day it's a free ride, when you've already paid, it's the good advice that you just didn't take and who would of thought, it figures."

Sam found a new treasure and bent down in the long grass, burrying around, seeking something. Daniel quickly glanced at Jack, he kept one ear trained on the barrier and the other on Sam. Watching her like a catious mother, knowing that she could easily get herself into trouble.

"Look Colonel." Sam cried and held up a small....bug lizard? The small creature had the head of a lizard and the stubby legs, but it's middle was covered in a hard bug shell, red and blue dots splattered over it's back.

Suddenly she dropped it. "Oww." SHe cried, rubbing her finger. Jack dropped to his feet and pulled out a first aid box, normally reserved for Daniel. "It bit me." Sam declared holding out her index finger to him.

"How do you feel? Fever? Stomach ache? Dizzyness?" Jack asked quickly cleaning the bite and wrapping a tight bandaid around it. Sam grinned and giggled. "What?" Jack asked worried pressing a hand to her forehead in search for a fever.

Sam grinned, a childlike grin over her face. "You gave me a scobby doo bandaid." She said wiggling her finger at him happily.

Jack rolled his eyes and pulled her to her feet. "And if your a good Major, i'll give you a Sammy snack." He replied winking.

Daniel went back to looking around and smiled. He felt that if he smiled any more today, his face might hurt. Unlike their many mission, this mission would be an uneventful one. One that was welcome, a relief from the blood and gore or the suffering of helpless people.

No, this missions would be full of jokes, laughter and Sam's singing. Daniel heard Sam wonder off again, climbing through the bushes, getting in deep and studying everything. Occasionally giggling at her bandaid.

Again her singing rose and she happily moved through the bushes.

"Caged. You hold so tight until your knuckles show.escape.as far away as you could ever know. What them float up, until the wheel has spun around. you will be bound by what you are. standing in the corner. with your face stripped of colour. "

Sam's singing stopped and she found another creature. Sam had an aura for animals. They loved her. They had a natural curioustity for her that she had for them. Currently she was coaxing a small teddy bear like four legged creature. It's thick bear fur and it's small innocent face. It came up to her, sniffing her fingers and slowly advancing towards her lap.

Jack's face was filled with awe and appreciation. She smiled and whispered comforts to the creature. It reached her lap and she tentivly patted it.

The creature appeared to purr, nuzzling her stomach. "Hey, look at that." Sam said nuzzling under the creatures neck and looking up at Jack. He came over catiously, tentive steps.

He reached out his hand and the creature shrunk back. Daniel watched amused as Sam took Jack's hand and guided his hand towards the creature. Jack held his breath as Sam held his hand and stroked the creature.

Jack stared at Sam in awe and Daniel noticed the normally haunted look faded from his face and was replayed with joy. Sam giggled, snuggling the creature closer.

There was a shrilling sound, one similar to that of a cat call and the creature jumped off Sam lap. THey watched the creature run into the bush and disaperd into the depths of the forest.

For a moment, Daniel noticed that they had not let go of each others hands where still watching the creature, hands intwine.

Daniel mentioned to teal'c with the nod of his head and they walked out to the camp. Leaving Sam and Jack to sit contemplating.



............................. -nikki.h. THE END.......

Just a little bit of crazyness from nikki tonight!