samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Please read chocolate -01- Chocolate Memories first if you havent read the story before


TITLE: Chocolate Series –03- Sam meets Charlie

AUTHOR: Alimoo

E-MAIL: Alimoo@xtra.co.nz

RATING: G

SPOILERS: Season three, after the devil you know.

CATEGORY: Romantic

PAIRINGS: Jack & Sam

SUMMARY: Jack and Sam agree to visit both Charlie and Ann graves together.

ARCHIVE: SJD, Yes, SJ NC17 Fanfic Archive

DISCLAIMER: Ok, don't own characters. Made this story up, didn't make any money out of it, yada yada, you know the rest.

NOTES: This is part three of ‘Chocolate Series’, please read ‘Chocolate memories and chocolate Valentine’ first, so you could under stand it.

FEED BACK: Yes Please

SONGS: The following songs I don not own, I just use them in my story.
Always – Atlantic Starr, Going to the Chapel – The Dixie Cups

After lunch Sam and Jack got change in to the civvies clothes before leaving the base, they both went in Jack truck to Denver, when they got there. Jack filled up his truck, while Sam stretch her legs, she notice that there was bunches of different flowers just out side the door of the shop, she pick up a bunch of red carnations.

She went into the shop, to pay for them plus she got Jack a coke and her self a diet coke plus two bottles of water to drink, since they have been on the road for about two hours. Once she paid for then, she walk backs out to the truck.

She puts the flowers in to the back seat, before hopping back into the front seat again. When Jack finish filling his truck up, he ask Sam.

“Sam do you need any thing?”

“No thanks Jack, I’ve already got us a drink each”

As she lifted her open can of diet coke for him to see, then pointed to the close cold coke that is sitting in the can holder.

“Ah, thanks for that, you read my mine” He said smiling at her, before going in to pay for the gas.

Once done he got into the truck, when he put his seat belt on, he notice some thing in the back seat, so he turns a bit to have a proper look, that’s when he notice the flowers and the water.

“Ah, Sam the flowers” As he turns back to the front and got comfortable again before starting up his truck.

“Well since we are going there, I hope you don’t mind me buying them for him?”

“Sam, thanks, it’s a nice idea, I never though of that sort of thing, thanks,” He said with a smile on his face.

“That’s ok, I know it’s been a while, I’m glad we are doing this together”

“Yeah, me to”

They left the gas station, and headed towards the cemetery, where Charlie O’Neill, is. When they arrive there, he turns off the engine, and just sat back in his seat, looking strait ahead, not saying a thing. Sam look over to him, she notice that both of his hands were on his lap, she knew that this was going to hard for him to visit his only son’s grave.

She puts her hand on top of his and gave it a squeeze, to let him know that she is there for him. He squeezes back, and then turns to look at her, she could see the sad look on his face, but he knew that he wasn’t alone any more, Sam was with him now, being there for him, no matter what. He gave her hand one more squeeze before letting go of it.

He undid his seat belt and took the keys out before opening his door before getting out of the truck. Sam did the same also, plus she got the flowers out from the back seat of the truck. Once done and Jack lock up his truck.

Sam waited for him on the foot path for him, when he walk around his truck to stand next to her, she waited patiently for him to move ford. After few minutes, Sam put her hand in his; threading her fingers in his, let him know that it is ok. He turns his head to look at her; they look into one another eyes for a moment.

“Are you ok Jack?” Sam asks.

“Yeah, it’s just that it’s been alone time, that’s all”

“Jack you know that I’ll always be here for you, and you always been there for me, for the team, for Cassie, for the other SG team, for dad, for every one. Just remember your not alone, you got lots of friends who love you and who would be there for you, no matter what.”

“I know Sam, it’s just that, this is going to be hard that’s all”

“I know, I’m here for you Jack”

“Thanks Sam that means a lot for me” As he gives her hand a quick squeeze.

“It’s a shame that Daniel and Teal’c couldn’t come”

“I know, but this is some thing that I have to do”

“We have to do Jack, we. Ok?”
“Yeah, ok, come on then”

They both walk together side by side, they still held on to one another’s hands for support. They walk till they reach Charlie grave, they both stop at look at the head stone reading,

‘Charlie Jonathan O’Neill, age nine years old, loving son of Jonathan and Sara O’Neill’

When Sam saw how old Charlie was when he died, she thought of her nephew who is the same age now. They both stood there for a moment, Sam waited for Jack to make the first move.

“Hi Charlie, I know it’s been a long time since I have visit you. You properly know what I do now; I know that you are with me when I go though the gate. I know that you didn’t want me to die on the first mission to Abydos. You wanted me to care on with my life, well I have, although I do think about you every day, I miss you and I’ll always love you no matter what happens to me in the future. You know about my team, my friends, they are the best thing that has happen to me since your death, it’s like some how you have given me a second chance of living. I don’t know if your mum has been here in the pass few years or not, but I’ll try to come and visit when I can. You know that I have brought a friends with me, her name is Sam, I know that the two of you would of gotten on great together, same with Janet, Daniel, Teal’c and even Cassie as well. I know that you are few years older than her; I know that you two would be great friends.”

Then Jack turns to look at Sam, who got a small smile on her face when she was looking at him when he was talking to his son.

“Want to say some thing Sam?” Sam nodded then look at the head stone.
“Ah, hi Charlie, it is nice to meet you, I have seen pictures of you and your father together. I know that he was proud of you, for what you have done when you were alive, now I know that you are in his heart and always be there, nothing can take that away, I know. As your father said that we would of gotten on well together, if you were any thing like your dad, we would of gotten on great, same with our friends also. You would of like Cassie; she is a really great kid, you both would of gotten on really well together. Any way I brought you some flowers, I hope you don’t mind me bring them.”

Then she lets go of Jack’s hand, so she could put the flowers in the two flower holders that was on both sides of the head stone, there was clean rain water in there from the over night rain. She also broke off two long pieces of the carnations that has no flowers on them, and put them in the ground in front of the flower holders, before standing up again, she turns to look at Jack, he got tears rolling down his checks, she walk over to him, looking into his eyes.

“Come here” Sam said,

They both step together, putting their arms around one another for a hug. Sam let him cry on her shoulder and in her hair. She rubs his back up and down for comfort, holding him close to her. They both stay like that for a while till he stops crying, but still hugging him.

Jack started to sniff, so she slow let go so he could move back a bit, when he did, they both look into one another eyes, but still in one another’s arms. Sam was able to get a tissue out of her pocket, and started to wipe Jack tears away, once done, she put it back in her other pocket, then got another one out so he could blow his noise. She stood back a small step so she could give it to him; He took it from her hand.

“Thanks”

Then blew his noise, once done he fold it up and put it in his pocket. They were still looking at each other, Sam took a step ford so they could hug one another again, and they both turn so they could look at the grave once more.

“Sorry about that Sam, I’m not normally like that, crying I mean.” Jack turns to look at Sam.

“It’s ok Jack, I under stand what you are going though, I’m glad I came with you today. I know how much this means to you”

“Thanks for being here today Sam”

“Always Jack, I’ll always be here for you, no matter what happens in the future, I’ll always be there for you, help, and comfort you, even if you don’t need me to help you, I won’t go away”

“I’ll always be there for you to Sam, when ever you need some one, I’ll be there for you”

“I know Jack” then they both hug one another again for a while longer.

“Sam”

“Yes Jack”

“If you tell any of the others about me crying, I’ll shoot you” Making Sam smile and giggle.

She notices that when she was giggling, it was sending shivers down his spin, but she wasn’t going to say a thing about it.

“What have I told you about the giggling”

“I know, any way you should know me by now, you know that I won’t tell any one, it’s between us and nobody else”

As they pull apart slightly so they both could look at each other. Jack got a smile on his face and so does Sam.

“Feeling better now?” Sam said.

“Yes thanks, you’re great help”
“Any time Jack. Would you like to be left alone with your son for few minutes?”

“Yeah, I would like that, if you don’t mind”

“Sure, it’s ok, I’ll wait for you at your truck”

Then she gives him one quicker hug and squeeze of his hand before walking towards his truck, so he could be left alone. He watchers her walk away towards his truck for a moment, then turns to see his son standing in front of his head stone.

“Hi dad” Charlie said.

“Charlie?”

“Yes dad, it’s me. I can’t stay long”

“Why?”

“I’m here to give you a message”

” Message, what message” Jack look confuse.

“Dad, I know that you love her”

“Who, Sam”

“Yes, I know cause I can see it in your heart and in your eyes. Tell her how you really feel about her before it’s to late for the both of you. Sam loves you to dad; she has been for a long time. Don’t let the rules and regs stop you”

“Charlie, she’s my 2IC”

“I know dad, she will give you a second chance of happiness. I know that things didn’t go well between you and mum after what happen that day of the accident; I know that I shouldn’t find your gun and played with it, I’m sorry for that. Sam will under stands if you let her in, don’t shut her out, or you will regret it for the rest of your life for not talking to her about what happen to me and what it did to you. Don’t shut your friends out ether, they will always be there for you dad, just remember that”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Dad your future is right under your noise, but you are to blind to see it, so that is why I’m here, go to her dad, she needs you like you need her, in your heart dad. I got to go now, look after your self and your friends and remember what I just said. You’re got my blessing dad to marry her, but that will happen one day soon. This morning is a start for you both; you’re on the right track. Bye now dad, you will be always in my heart to, I love you dad” He said with a smile on his face.

“I love you to Charlie”

As Charlie puts he hand over his heart. There was a noise behind Jack, he quickly turns around to see what it was, before turning back, when he did, Charlie was gone. He looks around for him, but he wasn’t there.

“Don’t worry Charlie, I’ll tell her, when the time is right. Take care of your self son, I love you” Jack said with a single tear rolling down his check.

Then he turns and walks to wards Sam and his truck. Sam was watching him walking towards her, his eyes were red and puffy from crying and hands in his Jeans pocket, and he was looking her.

When he finial reach her, she was leaning against the truck, she took a step ford to wards him, he wrap his arms around her like he did before, and holding her, she put her arms around him, hold him also.
They both stay like that for a while, till he pulled back from the warm em brass, he look at her, not saying a thing, then he put both palms of his hands to her face, she did the same to him also. Sam uses her thumbs to wipe away his tears. Jack was thinking about what his son said to him.

‘She will give you a second chance of happiness, Tell her how you really feel about her before it’s to late for the both of you. Sam will under stands if you let her in, don’t shut her out, or you will regret it for the rest of your life for not talking to her about what happen to me and what it did to you’

He knew that his son was right; he knew that he was in love with Sam, and has been since they both met for the first time in the briefing room are for the mission. Sam broke the silence between them.

“Jack, are you ok?” He looks at her before answering.

“Yeah, I’m ok Sam, would you like to go some where”

“Well since dad is staying on the base till about 2100 hours, He is staying at my place for the night I’m free tonight, why what did you have in mind?”

“Well since it is Valentines Day, would you like to have dinner tonight, I know this great Chinese restaurant in town where we can go to, or some other place you would like to go.”

“Yes I would love to have dinner with you and Chinese if fine Jack” Sam said, with a smile on his face, making Jack smile also.

He gives her a kiss on the forehead and then another hug, once he let go of her, he unlocks the door and opens it for her, after she got in and he closes the door, he went around the drives side and got in him self, once in and the door close, he grab his cell phone and piece of paper from his pocket.

He called the restaurant, lucky there was a free table available, so he book for them both, once finish on the phone he hung up. He notices that Sam was looking at him.

“What?”

“Did you have this plan all along?” Sam point to the paper and his cell phone in his hands with a smile on her face.

”Well, it was plan ‘A’, there is a back up plan just in case”

“Oh, what was plan ‘B’ Jack” As her eyebrows rise up.

“Well it was Chinese takeaway and beer at your place” Sam laughs at what he had planed just in case his first one didn’t work.

“Well do I have to get dress up for this place?”

“Doh, I forgot about that part, sorry”

“Well why don’t you take me to the mall, and I’ll buy a nice dress for this evening and shoes as well. I know it has been a long time since I brought a dress”

“Well ok, I might as well do some shopping as well, I’ll buy my self some nice trousers to wear and new shoes as well” Sam nodded with agreeing with what Jack has just said.

Ten minutes later they both arrived at the mall, once Jack had found a parking space and they both got out and lock his truck up. Jack held Sam hand as they both walk in to the mall. It was busy as always, they both walk to large café area is, they both stop, Jack look at Sam.

“Sam, why don’t you go and find a dress for tonight, while I’ll go to the men’s department for some new clothes, we meet back her say in an hour” as he look at his watch

“Ok, see you in an hour”

As she gives his hand a squeeze before letting go and a smile on her face. They both turn opposite directions to go where they wanted to go. Sam went to the women toilets first before shopping for a dress.
She walk into one shop, looking at the different dress, she found one she like, so she went to the changing rooms to try it on, it fitted her perfectly, she look at the price tag, she was surprise it was on special, so once change back in to her polo skivvy, leather jacket and jeans again, she went and paid for it, plus she also got a purse to go with the dress.

Once done there, she went to the shoe shop which was two shops down. She found a pair of shoes that would go with the dress, once she tried them on and they fitted just right, she paid for them also. Once down there, She went to buy pair of stockings as well, after that, she look at her watch, she relies that an hour was almost up, so she started heading back to where she was meeting Jack.

Jack went to the men’s department store, he brought black khaki trousers with belt that was with them, black dress shoes and navel blue shirt and sweater same colour as well with it. Since he was wearing his black leather jacket any way.

Once done there, he check his watch, he notice that he still have half an hour to spear, so he walk around for a bit, went to the men’s toilets to relieved him self, once done there, he walk out and started to walk around the different shops there. There was hearts on the windows trying to sell valentine things that they had for sale.

Then he came to a jewellery shop. So he walks in to have a look to see what they have got. He was looking at the rings in there. He saw one that he like, when the shop assistant ask if he need any help, he ask to look at the ring he like. It was a Ceylon sapphire and diamond ring, the sapphire was oval with three small diamonds on each side if it, in shape of a triangle against the sapphire.

When he had a close look at it, he though of Sam wearing some thing like that, so he decided to buy it right there and then. The women behind the counter smile at him when she put in a blue valet box and wrap it up for him.

Once done, he thank her and left the shop, when he look at the time, didn’t relies that the half an hour flew by so quickly. He walk toward where Sam would be waiting for him, when he approach his designation, she had her back to him, so he walk up to her and put his things down on the bench quickly and quietly, then he put his hands over her face and cover her eyes, which was the wrong thing to do, but she knew it was him behind her, she smile, knowing it was him.

“Guest who” Jack said, as he whisper in her ear.

“Ah, homer Simpson, no let me guest, Jonathan” Sam said,

Giggling when she heard him groan when she said his first name, which he hated. He removes his hands from her eyes, and she turns around looking at him with a grin on her face.

“I knew it was you”

“How did you know, I could have been any one?”

“Well for one I have got this fanatic teacher, who is also my CO, he teach me every thing he knows, plus I saw your reflection from the window behind me” Sam said, with a smile on her face, Jack just shock his head from what Sam had just told him.

“Well you did learn from the best,” He said, smiling at Sam.

“What time is dinner tonight?” Jack looks at his watch and said.

“We better go now, find a place where we both can get change, dinner is in an hour”

“Ok, we better move out then”

They both pick up their bags and started to move to the exit, once out side, it was getting cold, by the time they reach the truck, ten minutes have already pass by, one they got in the truck after putting there bags in the back seat, Jack started up his truck and left the parking lot, at the same time he put the heater on for them both.

Jack remembers a place where they could get change into there good cloths for the evening. It took about twenty minutes to reach the place, wear they both could get change. It was the public toilets, which wasn’t far from the restaurant where Jack was taking Sam for dinner. Once he stops the truck, he turns to Sam.

“Sam would you like to go first, or should I, to get change?”

“You can go first Jack, I’ll wait here for you. Sam said with a smile on her face.

“Ok, I won’t be long”

Then he got out of the truck and opens the back door to get the bags, one he got them, he smile at her before closing the door. He went in to the men’s side of the building where the toilets are, few minutes later he showed up, Sam look at what he was wearing, she couldn’t believe that he look so dam good in those pants and sweat shirt.

‘Even with the leather jacket he look so dam sexy in them, even in his BDU, he looks sexy’ Sam though to her self.

Once he put his bags in the back seat, he got in the drivers side again, he look at her, and she was smiling at him.

“What?” Jack said, looking confuse.

“Wow, you look really great in that out fit Jack, it suits you”

“Thanks for that Sam, you can go and get change now.”

“Ok, keep the car warm for when I get back”

Sam got out of the truck, she did the same to, after she got change, and put her bags in the back seat, then she got in the front seat, she notice that he was watching her.

“What?” Sam said.

“Sam you look beautiful tonight” Making Sam blush and smile to what he just said.

“Thank you, it’s not often that a guy say that to me Jack, not even Jonas said any thing like that at all”

Then her face was looking Sad, of the memories of her ex-fiancee. Jack notices it strait away.

“Well then he needed to get his eyes tested, cause you do Sam, you do look beautiful tonight, you will always look beautiful to me, no mater what” That put a little smile on her face.

“Even after being stuck in an ice cavern with you for five days”

“Yep” Jack said with a smile.

“Even after being on a planet for about a week with no change of clothes, no shower gel and shampoo, with greasy hair?”

“Yep”

“Covered in mud from head to toe, being angry, waking up in the mornings, still half asleep, being sick with the flu?”

“All of that plus any thing else, the answer is yes Sam, you will always look beautiful to me both inside and out” That made her smile grew even bigger.

“Even when I’m naked”

“Oh yeah”

Then he flicks his eyebrows at her, making Sam laugh, when she relies what she just said, and what he said back. Then he look at his watch, it was almost time, so they put there seat belts back on and Jack started up the truck, they were on there way to the restaurant, few minutes later they arrive, Jack found a parking spot just out side the front door of the place.

He got out of the truck and went around to open the door for Sam, when she got out of the truck and the door was close and lock, she had a better look at what Jack was wearing. His black jacket, navy blue shirt and sweat shirt, black khaki pants with back dress shoes and white socks. Sam almost burst out laughing when she saw the socks. Jack look at her with a puzzling look on his face.

“What?”

“Jack you, well you look almost great, with what your wearing but white socks?”

Jack look at what he was wearing then he lifted up his new pants, he saw the white socks, then let them go again, then he look up at Sam face.

“Well you know me, at lest they aren’t the Simpson’s socks that Teal’c got for me last year for Christmas”

At that time Sam couldn’t hold it, she burst out laughing remembering what Teal’c got Jack, they were bright blue pair of socks with the Simpson pictures on them. He just looks at her with a grin on his face and he look at what she was wearing.

The dress was navy blue silk the top was a thin spaghetti strap with low cut down her front. The dress fitted every curve of her body; it went all the way down till almost the ground. The silk material spreads out further from the hips down to the bottom of the dress, She also had a long, wide scarf that could also use as a shore that she had around her shoulders, and she also had a purse made of navy blue velvet.

He could see that she wore pale brown stockings and navy blue flat shoes that goes with the dress. He could see that she look beautiful in the dress. When Sam stops laughing, she notice that he was looking her over from head to toe, he was also smiling.

“Sam you look absolutely beautiful tonight,” Jack said, as he looks into her eyes.

“Thank you Jack, come on we better get in there before some one takes our table and me freezing out here”

Jack held on to Sam’s hand as they walk into the restaurant together, the place was pack for the evening. The hostess shows them to their table. Jack pull out a chair for Sam, once she sat down and he moved it in, before he sat down he took his jacket off, and then sat down across from her.

On the table was a white tablecloth with small bouquet of red roses with a single white candle in the middle, the music quietly playing in the back round. The hostess lit the candle just before she gave them both the wine and menu list for them to look at.

“I’ll be back in ten minutes read to take your order sir, ma’am,” the hostess said before she left them to decide what they were going to order.

“Well what do you think of this place Sam?”

“It’s lovely Jack, have you been here before?”

“Yes, years ago, but I don’t want to talk about it, ok”

“Ok. What would you like to drink?”

“Well since I’m driving, I might as well have a soda, what about you Sam?”

“Well I see that they have a got a bottle of wine here which is non alcoholic, so we both can have that, if you like”

“Ok, what one would you like to have, it doesn’t worry me”

“ I like the white than the red, but if you want red, it’s ok with me”

“Well how about both then, we can try both then” Jack said, with a smile on his face making Sam giggle.

“That’s fine with me” Sam said, smiling back at Jack.

Few minutes later their hostess showed up and took there drink order and meal order as well. When she left them, they talk a bit about them self, why they join the air force, there families.

Sam let Jack talk about his son, about how proud he was with him, what they did together; making Sam laugh at what things they did together. Then he went quiet, he look into her eyes, then he reach over with one hand and held it in hers.

Sam looks into his eyes, she could see the hurt in them, she wait for him to carry on, and she knew about was about the day of the accident. Jack remembers what his son said.

‘Sam will under stands if you let her in, don’t shut her out, or you will regret it for the rest of your life for not talking to her about what happen to me and what it did to you.’

Jack knew his son was right, so he started to tell Sam about what happen that day of the shooting and what happen afterwards. Then their first course arrived with the two bottles of wine and the glasses as well.

Once the waitress left them with their soups, Jack let go of Sam had so he could pour the wine in both of their glasses. Then Sam lifted hers up, so did Jack.

“Here’s to our past and the future,” Sam said.

“Here’s to us, hopefully a new beginning for us both, to us”

“To us”

Then they cling their glasses together before taking a sip of the wine. They both order cream of chicken soup for starters, Sam order sweet and sour pork with fried rice and stir fried vegetables for her second course. Jack order sweet and sour fish bites with stir fried noodles and vegetables. For deserts, they both shared a slice of chocolate ghetto cake.

While they were having there dinner, Jack continue on telling Sam about what had happen to his son and what happen afterwards, then how he first meet Daniel, the Abydos mission, how it was going to be a suicide mission, then there was a change of heart thanks to both Daniel and Skaara. How it gave him new life and hope to carry on with his life, about him retiring after he got back, the divorce.

How he cope right up to when he was called back after Apophis and his jaffa showed up and what they did, returning back to the SGC and meeting Sam for the first time.

After the deserts plate was gone and they both still had the last of the wine in their hands. When Jack was talking to Sam about his son and what happen right up to when they both first meet, Sam notice a change in Jack, it was like a big weight was taken off his shoulders, a side that she has never seen before, she knew that he hardly talk about his family to any one including Daniel, now he is tell every thing to Sam, he was opening up his heat to her.

She could under stand where he was coming from, and it look like he was going to cry again, so was she. Sam took out couple of tissues, hand one to Jack, which he took it from her gratefully and they both begin to wipe the tears away from their eyes. In the back round they could hear romantic songs playing and that there was a dance floor near by.

“Sam would you like a dance?”

“Yeah, sure”

So Jack got up and held out his hand to Sam, she took it in hers; she got up from her chair, away from their table. Jack leads her to the dance floor, when a new song started. Jack held Sam close to him, looking into her blue eyes.

Girl you are to me
All that a woman should be
and I dedicate my life to you, always
A love like yours is rare
It must have been sent from up above
and I know you'll stay this way, for always

And we both know
That our love will grow
and forever it will be you and me
Ooh, You're like the sun
Chasing all the rain away
When you come around
You bring brighter days
You're the perfect one for me
and you forever will be
and I will love you so, for always

Come with me my sweet
Let's go make a family
and they will bring us joy for always
Oh boy I love you so
Can't find enough way to let you know
But you can be sure, I'm yours, for always
(repeat chorus)

During the dance, Jack hand held in Sam hand, held between them, and his other hand is on her waist. Sam got her free hand up on his shoulder close to his neck; they were both looking into one another’s eyes, while dancing.

Jack could smell her perfume, he remembers getting it for her birthday last year. He remember the smell, it was called ‘night magic’ It was one of seven different small bottles of concentrate perfume, that he got from his neighbour Mrs Jordan next door, who was selling Avon at the time.

Jack didn’t know what to get her, so he got the seven different perfume bottles for her, with shower gel and body spay to go with them. She love all of them, so did they guys. Janet and Cassie were giving Jack a hard time about it especially with one of them called mesmerise.

They both dance to one more song before heading back to their table. They talk for a bit longer, when Jack decided it’s now or never.

“Sam I got some thing for you” As he reaches in his jacket pocket and pulled out the box.

“Jack you shouldn’t have, you have gotten me so much already”

“Here, I got you this earlier while we were at the mall shopping. When I saw it, I knew it is for you Sam. You mean so much to me in the past three years, I have grown to love and respect you in that time. I fell in love with you from the moment you walk in to the briefing room and challenge me to arm wrestling match right in front of the other guys.”

“Jack, I can’t believe you remember that meeting” She tries not to laugh at the memories.

“Well when you stood up to Kawasaki and Ferretti and made them speechless and you smile at my Samuels joke, that made me happy, from that moment I fell in love with you, and I have been since that day. I know we can’t do much now cause of the regs, but Samantha Cater will you marry me and be my wife one day” then he opens the box to show Sam the ring.

“Oh Jack it’s beautiful, I just don’t know what to say”

“Well how about yes for starts. We could have a long secret engagement, if you like, that way we can get a better chance of knowing one another as Jack and Sam, as we are now, not Col and major. If you do say yes, and I’ll put it on your left hand, when we are at the base and around friends, you could wear it on your right hand, but it would be between us and no body else. If you want time to think about it, it’s ok with me, just remember I love you Sam, you have been the best thing that has happen to me since Charlie accident”

Sam looks in to his eyes, knowing that he dose love her as she also loves him. She knew thing would be tough between them trying to keep personal and professional relationship apart. She also know that he would protect her they best way he can, not just as her CO, her friend, but some one who he loves and cares about, a lot different from Daniel and Teal’c. She decided to follow her heart.

She smiles at him as he waits patently for her answer. Sam put her hand on his, still looking into his eyes, what she saw was a man who just shared parts of his life with her, knowing now that he dose love her and wouldn’t hurt her, like what Jonas Hanson did years ago.

“Jack I would love to be your wife one day and I love you to, I have been since the moment I walk in to the briefing room, so the answer is yes Jack, I will marry you” Sam said, with a smile on her face.

Jack got up from his chair and then got on to one knee in front of her, every one was watching them both and sees what will happen. They both didn’t care at all about what was going on around them.

“Sam you made me the happiest guy in the galaxy and I am happy to hear those words coming from you, it’s like music to my ears hearing the words ‘yes’ and ‘I love you’”

“Well it is true Jack, I love you, and I will always love you”

Jack got the ring out of the box and slips it on to her finger, and then he put her hand to his lips and kisses both the ring and her hand at the same time.

Then he got up from the floor with a groan cause of his knees, he then lifts her up from her chair and they wrap their arms around one another and then Jack kiss her in front of every one.

Every one clap and appliers to their engagement, When they broke apart, they look around in the restaurant to see every one with grins on there faces and clapping at the same time. Sam put her head on to Jacks chest trying not to laugh.

Jack kisses the top of her head. She looks up at him, she was blushing. Then he cups her face with both hands and then kisses her one more time. When that happen the DJ for the evening started to play an old song.

Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married

Gee I really love you
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel of love

Spring is here (ooo-ooo-ooo)
The sky is blue (sky is blue)
Birds all sing (oh the birds all sing)
Like they do (yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah)
Today's the day (wah-hooo-oooo)
We'll say "I do" (ooo-oooo)
And we'll never be lonely anymore

Because we're
Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married

Gee I really love you
And we're gonna get married
Going to the chapel of love

Bells will ring (ri-ii-iing) (bells will ring)
The sun will shine (hey hey hey yeah) (the sun will shine)
I'll be hers (yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah) (I'll be hers)
And she'll be mine (oh oh oh oh oh oh oh) (and she'll be mine)
We'll love until (we'll love until) (hey hey hey) (we'll love until)
The end of time (ooo hooo) (the end of time)
And we'll never be lonely anymore

Because we're
Going to the chapel
And we're gonna get married
Going (goin') to the chapel
And we're gonna get married

When the song stated playing. They both started laughing, and then they both sat down holding on to one another’s hands, looking in to one another’s eyes. Then the waitress walkover to them, they both look at her, she was smiling at them.

“Congratulation on your engagement, I hope you two have a wonderful life together. Any way is there any thing else you would like?”

“Sam, sweetheart would you like some coffee before we go?”

“Yeah, Ok, you would need it more than I do”

As Sam gave Jack a wink, making him chuckle. The waitress was starting to blush with what Sam had just said. Sam notices it on her face.

“It’s ok, it’s not what you think, and we are from Colorado Springs” Sam said

“Oh, ok, sorry, how would you like your coffee?”

“We both like it black with two sugars thanks” Jack said.

Once the waitress wrote it down, she left them alone for few minutes while getting their coffee.

“How are you feeling Sam”?

“Happy, you”

“Oh yeah, I happy all right”

As he gives her one of his O’Neill grin, which Sam loves so much as she smiles back at him. Then their coffee arrived, once they talk a bit more and drank their coffee, the restaurant photographer walk over to their table.

“Good evening sir, ma’am would you like for me to take couple of picture of you to together and congratulation on your engagement”

“Sam it’s ok with me, you?”

“Yeah, sure, how much is it?”

“It’s nothing ma’am. It commitments of the owners here, since you got engage here tonight, I know a wonderful place just around the corner where I can take the picture if you like, I can show you”

“That’s sounds great” Sam said.

They both got up and followed the women around a corner, when they both stop, they could see two candle larders holding three candles in each, with dozen long stem red roses in front of them. One on each side of a big picture of a red heart and two rose buds on it.

“Wow, this is a good place for the pictures alright” Sam said.

“Oh yeah, ok we will have it here” Jack said.

So the women lit the candles, so there would be lighter for the back round, then she got Jack and Sam into different processions for the photos, she took six different photos of the two of them and got both of there names and address, once done they heard back to there table. It was getting late and it would take about two hours to drive back to Colorado Springs, Jack paid for their dinner before they left.

Once they are in the truck, Jack leans over to give Sam a kiss, before putting his seatbelt on and started up his truck. They were on there way back to Colorado Springs, they talk the whole time, so Sam could keep him awake since it has been a long day for the both of them.

They talk about what they are going to do in Washington when they get there the next day. They were on the out skirts of Colorado Springs when Sam cell phone rang.

“Carter… what happen… have you tried rebooting the system… oh I see…. Ok I’ll be there in ten minutes.. Thank slier”

Then she hung up and turns to look at Jack.

“Stargate blown a computer fuse again did it?” Jack asks, trying not to laugh, Sam giggles.

“Yeah, some thing like that, gee I don’t know what they do with the computers, every time I take time off, some how they screw up the systems, this time they cause a black on the base and they can’t open the iris. Far as I know that there are five teams off world still.”

“Well we better get you there, so you could do you magic on the computers and fix the problem then.”

“Yea, Col Make peace better have a good reason why every thing went down while he is the temp CO for the night shift”

“What, Make peace is the CO for the night shift crew, oh boy I wonder if he as called Hammond yet?”

“I don’t know, I better give dad a call to let him know that I’ll be home late tonight”

Then she called her home, she knew it was late and didn’t know if her father was there or on the base.

“Carter residents”

“Hi dad, did I wake you up?”
“Sam, no I was catching up on my favourite programmes that you have tape for me, why are you calling at this late hour, did you guys have an accident or some thing”

“Some thing yeah the base called, some one screwed up the computer systems and now every thing looks green and they cant open the iris, Jack take me there now, I just call to let you know that I don’t know what time I’ll be home, just in case you get worried about me”

“Oh ok, who’s in charge there?”

“Col Make peace is for the night shift. Slier called me when the Technicians there couldn’t reboot the computers and there is no power”

“Oh, do you think you can fix the problem Sam?”

“Yea, soon as I can find the problem, every thing will be up and running in no time, but first I have to find it first, look dad we just arrive, I better go, talk to you in the morning”

“Ok Sam, good night, if you finish late why don’t stay there on the base for the night”

“Ok, if you’re sure you would be ok?”

“Yes, any way I got company just in case I get board”

“I don’t think you will get board dad, any way I brought some new DVD’s couple of weeks ago and got some for Christmas, so that lot should keep you busy fore a while and there is plenty of you favourite snacks in the cupboard and juice in the fridge. Oh ah last time the team were there, Jack brought some packets of snakes and he had names for them before he bit off there heads”

“Hey, what are trying to do to me Sam, get me in to trouble with dad and Selmac” Making Sam laugh.

“Sam, tell Jack we are going to kill him, thanks for letting us know that”

Then Jack pull over just as the past the cheek point just before the entrance of the mountain, then he took the phone from Sam hand

“Hey, that my phone Jack”
“Jacob, before you and Selmac tried to kill me, Sam didn’t tell you the names of the snakes I called them, don’t worry, none of them are named after the tok’ra so you guys are safe”

“I hope you telling the truth Jack” Jacob said with a warning tone

“Jacob has you guys got tok’ra names like Ra, Hathor, Apophis, coronas, nirti. Names like that?” Jacob laughs.

“No, but it’s funny though, have them snakes named after the goa’uld”

“Yea, well, that me. You should of seen Teal’c face when he saw them, he wasn’t a happy camper at first till I have named them, well he join in as well”

“Jack you are starting to give Selmac ideas, I better let you get Sam back to work even if she is on down time, Selmac says good night and tell Sam good night also, see you two tomorrow”

“Ok, good night Jacob” then they both hung up at the same time. Jack passes the phone back to Sam and he was looking her, she was smiling at him.

“What?”

“I would of told him if you didn’t take the phone out of my hand, I knew I would of gotten a bite out of dad and I knew what he was going to say”

“So you wouldn’t of let him kill me then?”

“Nope, cause I was going to tell him the name of the snakes you had eaten” Jack chuckled with what Sam just said.

“I love you Sam, please don’t tease dad about that sort of thing again about what I did or even say,” He said with a sad puppy look on his face.

“Ok, I won’t, and I love you to Jack”

As she puts her hand in his and gave it a quick squeeze before letting go, then he starts up his truck and carry on driving in the mountain.



End Notes: This is the ring i choice for this story
ring7