samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


12


“How is Sam feeling this morning?”

“Good, I already gave her her first birthday present this morning.”

“Oh, what did you get her, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Sir, I got her some silk lace underwear and silk negligees and robes to match.” Jack was blushing, and Hammond was smiling.

“Jack, how do you know what size she is?”

“Two weeks ago we went shopping at the mall and she wanted to buy some new underwear. She tried on the lacy bra, which I asked her to try; she loved it but didn’t buy it. So, while she was trying on the other things I had the sales assistant help me pick them out and then I saw the negligee and robe so I had them included for her.”

“Oh, I see. Colonel, I am going to ask you a question and this is off the record.”

“Yes Sir.”

“Are you in love with her?”

“Yes, I am in love with Sam but we haven’t acted on it because of the regs and it hasn’t interfered with our work.”

“What would you do if she wasn’t pregnant?”

“I don’t know sir; we just have to wait and see if she is pregnant. I want to look after both her and our baby sir; if she is not, I don’t know sir. Sam thinks she is pregnant, she told me yesterday that she is ten days late.”

“Have you told her how you feel?”
“Yes, this morning. I even kissed her and I also told her that I love her; she feels the same way.”

“Ok, I understand. Let me know when you find out the results of the test.”

“Thanks you sir. I had better drag Sam away from her lab now; you know what she is like in there.”
“Yes, I do, dismissed.”

Jack left the office and headed to Sam’s lab. When he got there, she was working on her computer.

“Hey, ready to see Janet?”

“Yep, how did it go with General Hammond?”

“Good, come on birthday girl, let’s go”

Sam shut down her computer and then they left her lab heading to Janet’s office. When they got there Janet was reading the results of the test from the day before.

“Hey, Janet, sorry we are late” Sam said. Jack and Sam sat down, holding on to each others hands.

“Well, I have the results of the test Sam.”

“And?”

“Here, have a look.”

Janet passed the results to Sam and Jack. On the top was a small note saying that the results came back positive but the report showed negative. Jack and Sam knew what Janet had done, just in case the NID found out the results of the test. Jack let go of Sam’s hand and put it around her shoulder, she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Thanks Janet” Jack said, as he passed the results back to her, minus the top note.

“That’s ok Jack, I’ll talk to General Hammond about giving you two some down time until you get the all clear Sam. After all, you are still getting physio for your back.”

“Thanks, come on Sam we had better report to General Hammond.”

They stood up and Janet gave Sam a hug and she whispered in her ear.

“My office is bugged.”

When she let go of her, Sam just nodded and they left Janet’s office. On their way to Hammond’s office Sam told Jack what Janet had whispered to her. When they finally arrived at General Hammond’s office, Jack wrote a small note before they went into his office. They told Hammond the results, just incase his office was also bugged, which he understood. Just as they were leaving Jack slipped him the note before they left. Hammond sat down and read the note.

‘Sir, Sam is pregnant, but doc shows it negative for her results, just in case the NID has spies here and her office has a bug problem. You might have them also, O’Neill’

Once he read the note, he put it in his pocket and later on he would burn it. Then he called Major Davis to let him know what Jack and Sam had told him and to let him know that there would be new member on SG1 for a while. Major Davis knew that meant that Sam was pregnant and he understood.

An hour later, Jacob arrived for a couple of days visit. General Hammond didn’t tell him, just in case. He left that part for Sam and Jack to tell him. Jacob ran into Jack in the corridor.

“Jack”

“Jacob, when did you get in?” When they were close enough, they hugged.

“Just now, where is Sam?”

“Physio, her back is still giving her problems.”

“Ok, while I’m here I might as well use the healing device on her.”

“That would be great” and they walked to the gym where Sam was.

“Any news yet Jack”

“Talk about it later, too many ears and bugs”

“Ok” Jacob knew what Jack was saying.

When they reach the gym, Sam had just finished her physio for the day.

“Happy birthday, kiddo.”

Sam turned around to see both Jack and her father standing in the doorway.

“Dad” Sam said, smiling.

She walked over and gave him a hug and a kiss.

“How are you feeling?”

“Ok, my back is still a bit sore but otherwise I’m fine thanks.”

“That’s good then. While I’m here, I will use the healing device again”

“Thanks dad; let’s go and get the device so you can heal my back.”

They went to retrieve the healing device and then Jacob used it on Sam’s back. When he was finished Jacob decided to take Sam out for lunch. While Sam went to get changed, Jack went with Jacob to the VIP quarters that were set up for him. When they entered the room, there was a box on the bed.

“What’s this?”

“Oh, Sam got some new clothes for you. She got them a couple of weeks ago but don’t worry, Sam had them washed for you.”
“Ok, she shouldn’t have”

“She wanted to. Anyway, the thing is Jacob you guys won’t be alone while you are out. SG1 will also be there and two other SG teams for back up but they will be watching us just incase of any problems with the NID.”

“What are you saying Jack” Jacob asked, as he opened the box to see two new shirts and pants.

“They have already tried to kidnap us twice and failed twice. The two back up teams took them out before they had a chance. We have also discovered that our homes and the offices here are bugged. Sam doesn’t know about the attempted kidnapping; I didn’t want her to worry, I just wanted her to have a good time shopping and relax and enjoy herself.”

“Why are they after you?”

“We are a threat to them. Remember what I did to get Hammond back a few months ago?”

“Yea, I understand now.”

“Anyway, I’ll let you get changed and I’ll round up Daniel and Teal’c. We will meet you and Sam topside in twenty.”

“Ok, thanks for looking after Sam.”

“That’s ok, see you soon.”