samandjack.net

Author's Notes: feed back, yes please


16


“Sam, what do you think about moving in with me?”

“Jack, are you sure?”

“Yes, after waking up in the morning with you lying next to me; it felt so right that I cannot imagine waking any other way.”

“Yes, I know what you mean Jack. I have been thinking about that morning ever since; so the answer is yes, as long as we can get approval.”

“Sam I love you” then Jack gave Sam a kiss.

“Jack I love you too” then they kissed one more time.

“Oh, before I forget here, this is your other birthday present” Jack pulled out a small, wrapped parcel and Sam opened it.

“Jack it’s beautiful, I love it, thank you” she gave him a kiss and Jack help her put it on. When Janet arrived, Sam showed her what Jack had gotten her for her birthday.

It was a four leaf clover; there were four, heart shaped emeralds together to form the four leaves, in a circle, with a small, round emerald in the middle and surrounded by diamonds around the outer edges and set in white gold.

The next day, after Sam was released from the infirmary, she and Jack went to talk to Hammond about their living arrangements. He knew that it was one of the things that they would be asking for. He told them to go ahead with the arrangements, since Janet had banned Sam from gate travel. General Hammond had assigned another of the SGC scientist’s to SG1, until Sam returned from maternity leave.

SG1, Janet and Cassie helped Sam move everything to Jack’s place the day after and she put her house up for sale. Since they both had so much stuff they decided to buy a larger house, with more bedrooms and bathrooms. They started looking together while SG1 was on downtime.

Jacob came back for a visit about a month later, after completing the Tok’ra mission, to find that Sam had moved in with Jack. Jack asked Jacob for Sam’s hand in marriage. He gave them both a pep talk before he gave them his blessing. Jack went out and bought Sam an engagement ring, as well as two wedding rings.

The next day they found the house they were looking for, a two-story house with a 2 car garage, a huge back lawn and everything else that they were looking for. Jack put his house up for sale and they bought the new house together.

The new house was empty since the former owners had to relocate the month before. The Real Estate agent had given him the keys and Jack had an idea.

Jack got everything ready for this important evening; a bottle of non alcoholic champagne, red roses, strawberries dipped in chocolate, blankets and throw pillows, the works. That night, he took Sam to the house and while she was waiting in the dark hallway Jack went around lighting the candles and the fire in the lounge.

Jack made sure that the wine in the cooler was nice and chilled. He went back to get Sam from the hallway. He made sure that her eyes were closed and he guided her into the lounge. He left her standing there while he pulled the box out of his jacket pocket and got down on one knee.

“Sam, you can open your eyes now”

Sam opened her eyes and noticed that Jack was on one knee, with an open box in his hand.

“I know I haven’t got much to offer you except for my love for you; you are the best thing that has happened to me since Charlie. I love you; will you marry me Samantha Carter?”

“Jack, yes I will marry you” Sam said, with tears running down her cheeks and smiling.

Jack took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her finger; it was a round sapphire surrounded by smaller diamonds, set in 18ct gold. Then he stood up and he cupped her face and gave her a kiss. When they broke apart Jack went to turn the CD player on and then went back to Sam. They wrapped their arms around each other and danced slowly to the song,

I swear to you - I will always be there for you -
there's nothin' I won't do
I promise you - all my life I will live for you - we
will make it through
Forever - we will be
Together - you and me
Oh n' when I hold Ya - nothin' can compare
With all of my heart - Ya know I'll always be - right
there
I believe in us - nothin' else could ever mean so much
You're the one I trust our time has come - we're not two
people
Now - we are one - Ya you're second to none
Forever - we will be
Together - a family
The more I get to know Ya - nothin' can compare
With all of my heart - Ya know I'll always be - right
there

Forever - we will be
Together - just you and me
The more I get to know Ya - the more I really care
With all of my heart - Ya know I'll always be...
Ya know I really love ya - Ya nothin' can compare
for all of my life - Ya know I'll always be - right
there

During the song they were looking into one another’s eyes with Jack’s arms wrapped around her waist and Sam had hers around his neck, with one of her hands running through his hair. By the end of the song they were kissing. As the song came to its end, they kissed one more time and then Jack’s phone range. He went to answer it.

“O’Neill… yes…. Yep…. What time?…. Ok, we will be there, bye.”



End Notes: Here is pictures of the ring and photo
4 leaf clover Ring 21