samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please


Janet went to the labs to check on the latest test results. When she walked in no-one was there; she was just about to leave when one of the lab techs showed up.

“Dr Fraiser, is there any thing I can help you with?”

“Yes, have you got Colonel O’Neill’s semen sample here? I spoke to Lt. Rush and she said that she brought it here. I just want to run some tests.”

“Yes it is here, I just put it in the freezer a few minutes ago before I left. I had to go to the men’s room. Sorry.”
The Tech opened the freezer door, to get the sample.

“That’s odd - it’s not here. I swear I put it right here. The jar marking is still here in the ice” the Tech look puzzled

“Are you saying that someone has stolen Colonel O’Neill’s semen?”

“Yes, ma’am, the freezer was locked. You saw me unlock the freezer.”

“Ok, I’ll give General Hammond a call, and let him know. You stay here.”

Janet went to the phone to call General Hammond. Ten minutes later he showed up.

“What’s the problem Doctor?”

“Sir someone has broken into the freezer here and a semen sample is missing sir”

“Do you know whose it is?”

“Yes sir, it is Colonel O’Neill semen Sir”

I want a report on my deck first thing in the morning about this. Was there any thing else?”

“No Sir”

“Thanks for informing me doctor” then General Hammond left them alone.

The next morning, Jack, Daniel and Teal’c went to see Sam before she was transported to the waiting ambulance.

“Hey, did Doc tell you that they’re moving you to the hospital?” Jack asked

“Yea, she told me this morning. Cassie is coming to visit me after school. She’s been asking after you guys as well.”

“Ok, we’ll drop in and see you two then. is there any thing you would like us to bring?”

“Yea, my toilet bag, and clothes … for when I leave. Janet wants me to stay in the hospital for at least a week.”

“Ok, we’ll bring cards for some games, your laptop so you can do some work on it and …. anything else you want” Jack said, smiling.

“General Hammond sent a message to the Tok’ra last night, to let your dad know what has happened to you” Daniel said.

“Oh ok. Thanks guys.”

Then the two orderlies showed up, and they moved Sam onto a gurney. They all left together. While they were in the elevator, Jack held on to Sam hand and gave it a light squeeze. They looked into one another’s eyes until they heard the doors opening. When they arrived outside the ambulance just arrived. Both Teal’c and Daniel said their good byes and then they were gone.

“I’ll pop in later this afternoon with your things, ok?”

“Thank you Sir”

“No problem Sam.”

Then he gives her hand a squeeze before letting go. She did the same back with a small smile. Jack just stood there, watching them put her in the back of the ambulance. One of the guys injected something in her IV. Jack and Sam looked into one another’s eyes when the doors closed. Jack watched them drive away from the mountain, and then he headed back to finish his paperwork.

Janet and General Hammond talked about what had happen the day before.

“Doctor, I have read the report about what the missing sample. It was stolen.”

“Do you know who it was?”

“Yes, it was airman Clarke, I checked the video tapes myself last night after we spoke in the lab. Somehow he got a copy of the key and combination codes from someone. I have already notified Major Davis about this. I got a call from him this morning. Turns out Clarke is an NID agent. One of Major Davis’ contacts confirmed that he is a rogue agent. It seems he didn’t showed up for work this morning, so I sent two SFs around to his apartment. They found him dead. It looks like he shot himself.”

“You think the NID killed him?”
“Yes, it looks that way.”

“Is there any thing I can do to help Sir?”

“No, not at the moment. Dismissed Doctor.”

“Sir, what about Colonel O’Neill. He does have a right to know Sir.”

“I know, but not right now.”

“He is worried about Sam. Daniel said that he hasn’t eaten a thing since he brought her back though the gate yesterday.”

“How is she doing?”

“I’m worried about her too Sir. The staff blast hit her in her back. There is swelling in the spine cord, but she’s got no feeling from the waist down. She told me not to tell the others, only you.”

“Do you thing she will recover, walk again?”

“It’s too early to say Sir. Only time will tell.”

“Ok, thanks for telling me.”

“Yes Sir”Janet left his office.

A few hours later Jack left the mountain. He stopped off at Sam’s place to gather her mail and water her plants. Once done, he gathered a few things for her and left her house. On his way to the hospital he stopped off at a florist shop to get Sam some flowers. Jack got her three dozen different colored carnations and then made his way over to the hospital to see her.

When he arrived he found out which room she was in. She was sleeping. He had been there for just about a minute when a nurse showed up to check her vitals.

“Sir would you like some coffee?”

“Yes, thanks. Think you can get something for the flowers?”

“Of course Sir. I’ll be back in a moment” the nurse left.

A couple of minutes later the nurse showed up with a jar in one hand and coffee in the other.

“Here you go Sir. Would you like for me to talk care of the flowers for you Sir?”

“Yes thank Lieutenant.”

“No problem Sir. Can I ask you a question Sir?”

“What is it Lieutenant?” Jack sat on the chair close to Sam’s bed.

“Were you with her when the ambulance left Cheyenne Mountain Sir?”

“Yes”

“What time was that Sir?”

“0800. Why?”

“That is strange, because the ambulance didn’t get here till after 0900 Sir.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes sir, I was here when it arrived. I’d never seen the driver and the two paramedics and I know that there is no new staff here.”

“Now that you mention it, one of them put some thing in her IV. Has she woken up at all yet?”

“No Sir. I’ll go and get the doctor.”

As the nurse left to get the doctor, Jack held Sam’s hand.

“Sam what have they done to you? I wonder who they are.”

Just then Dr Warner showed up with the nurse in tow. The nurse told him that something was wrong and told him about the driver and the two paramedics. Dr Warner ordered some tests to find out what they injected into Sam.

“Doc what’s wrong?” Jack asked.

“I’m not to sure at the moment Colonel. We are running so tests to find out what they gave the Major.”

“Will she be alright?”

“I won’t know till I get the results back. now if you will excuse me, I’m going to contact Dr Fraiser to find out what she was given this morning before leaving the infirmary.”

When Janet found out that Sam arrived forty minutes late, she asked Dr Warner to run a specific test on Sam and to get back to her. He asked her what was going on, so she told him that Jack semen sample had been stolen the day before. Dr Warner understood what Janet was saying immediately, so once he finished talking to her he called a nurse to get some swabs and other thing.

“Colonel, I’m sorry - can you wait outside please? We are going to run some more tests.”

“What do you mean, what’s going on here Doc?” Jack was starting to get worried.

“You know I can’t tell you, just in case I’m wrong. Dr Fraiser will be here tonight when she finishes her shift at the SGC. You can ask her then. Please, can you wait out side …”

“Ok, just let me know when I can return.”

“I will.”

Jack took one look at Sam and walked out into the corridor. Daniel and Teal’c showed up.

“Jack” Daniel said when he saw Jack walking out of Sam room.

“Hi guys.”

“Jack are you ok? How’s Sam?”

“I’m ok, but I’m worried about her. Something is going on, but Doc isn’t saying a thing. They are running some test on her now.”

“What do you mean Jack, what’s going on?”

“Well for one thing it took the ambulance over an hour to get here from the base and secondly whoever brought her here, doesn’t work here or at the SGC.”

“Have you got any idea who they were?”

“Nope.”

“Come on lets get some coffee. It looks like you need it Jack.”

“I’ll be ok soon as I know what’s going on with Carter.”

“O’Neill, I will stay here till you return.”

“Thanks Teal’c. You’re buying Daniel.”

Then both Daniel and Jack went to get themselves a cup of coffee, while Teal’c stood guard outside Sam’s door.