samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


Back on Earth Sam was resting in her quarters and she was thinking about Jack and where he was. She closed her eyes and fell asleep thinking about her family. Twenty minutes later Teal’c and Jonas returned from Antarctica; they were stopped by SGC personnel who asked about Jack and what it had been like down there and they expressed how pleased they were that Earth was safe.

They were looking for Sam so Jonas could pass Jack’s message on but when they found out that she was resting they decided to get something to eat and then went to talk to Dr. Weir. Three hours later Sam woke up and after using the bathroom left her quarters to get a snack. She walked into the mess hall and got herself a slice of cake, a slice of pumpkin pie and blue jello. She sat down at one of the tables and started eating. Fifteen minutes later, just as she was finishing her snack, Jonas walked in and when he saw her he walked over to her table.

“Sam?” she looked up.

“Jonas, do you have any news?”

“Yes, we just received a message from Thor; Daniel, Bra’tac and SG5 have arrived and they are on their way to the planet.”

“That’s good.”

“Sam, before Jack was frozen, he gave me a message for you, he said ‘forgive me Sam’.”

She closed her eyes and tears started running down her cheeks. She stood up and walked out of the room and walked as quickly as she could back to her quarters and collapsed on the bed, crying her eyes out. Jonas walked out of the mess hall and found Sarah; when she looked at him she knew something had happened.

“Jonas, what is it?”

“I just gave Sam Jack’s message.”

“Where is she?”

“I don’t know; she hurried out of the mess hall and I think she could be in her quarters.”

“Ok, I’ll go and check on her.”

“Thanks” she turned around and took the elevator down to the level where the personnel quarters were.

When she reached Sam’s quarters she put her ear to the door; there was no sound so she knocked on the door.

“Sam?” she listened and then she knocked again.

“Sam, it’s me Sarah. Can I come in?”

Still nothing so she opened the door and poked her head in. She saw Sam curled up on the bed, a sleep. She walked in and put a blanket over her; she could see the dried tears on her cheeks and that she was holding onto Jack’s pillow.

Sarah walked out, closing the door behind her. She was worried about Sam and what she might do to both herself and the baby. Sam and Jack had only told Mark and Jacob that she was carrying twins. The only other person who knew was Janet.

Two hours later Sam woke up and she remembered what Jonas had told her. She knew that he had risked his life to save Earth and now she was alone, without him. She missed him even though it had only been three days. She got up, had a shower and then headed to the control room to see how things were going. Since things were quiet in the control room, she went to her lab to work for a few hours.

When Thor’s ship came out of hyperspace he scanned the planet and picked up five mother ships in orbit.

“My scanners have picked up five Goa’uld mother ships in orbit.”

“Thor, can you scan the planet?”

“Yes, I have located the weapon and the altar and there are no Jaffa near the altar.”

“Bra’tac, is there a ring platform in the mountain?”

“Yes, there is one not far from the altar.”

“Thor, can you beam the cargo ship back out into space? We can use it to get to the planet.”

“Very well; use this stone to communicate with me” and Thor passed Daniel a white stone.

“Thanks Thor.”

Thor moved a stone and they were on the cargo ship and then they were beamed off of Thor’s ship, into space. Bra’tac started up the engine and then cloaked the ship before heading to the planet. Thor sent a message to Earth and to the Asgard home world, to let them know that they had arrived at the planet.

“Thor, we are heading towards the planet now.”

“I’m picking up your signal from the stone so I can track you from here.”

“Ok.”

They went around to the dark side of the planet and entered the atmosphere and headed to the mountain where the Ancient weapon was. When they were above the mountain SG5 and Daniel were ready to go.

“Ok, Thor we’re ringing down now.”

Then Bra’tac activated the rings. Once they were gone all he could do was wait and keep a look out. They moved to the altar and Daniel put the laptop on top of the altar and turned it on. He followed the instructions and diagrams that Jack had left on the laptop and he turned the three circles that were in the wall, behind the altar.

Thor picked up an energy reading coming from not far from where he was in orbit. They were the energy readings of a ship coming out of hyperspace. He quickly cloaked his ship and moved it away to a safe distance but still close to the planet. When the ship appeared out of hyperspace he recognised it as the Replicator’s ship and then he saw that the five mother ships were heading towards it.

“Daniel Jackson; the Replicator ship has followed us.”

“Thanks for letting us know; I’ll let you know when I am ready to fire the weapon.”

He started pushing each of the buttons on the altar as he followed Jack’s instructions. SG5 were watching his six and they could hear the humming begin.

Thor watched as the mother ships started firing on the Replicator ship; they weren’t having any affect on it and he watched as the Replicator ship fired torpedos into each of the mother ships. A few minutes later Thor heard Daniel say,

“Firing the weapon now.”

Thor watched as a blast wave came from the surface of the planet and headed towards them and he then saw the Replicator ship blown into a million pieces.

“Did it work Thor?”

“Yes indeed, it did work.”

“Ok, that is good news. We are coming back as soon as we are on the cargo ship.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

Daniel and SG5 ringed back up to the cargo ship and then they headed back to Thor’s ship. Now the galaxy was safe now that there were no more Replicators to worry about. Thor beamed the ship into his cargo hold and then jumped into hyperspace heading to Earth.

Sam was in her lab when the alarms went off. She went to the control room to find out what was going on and when she arrived,

“Sergeant?”

“I don’t know Colonel; I can’t close the iris and even the manual over ride isn’t working.”

Sam sat down and had started typing commands into the computer when the shock wave came through the gate, shattering the bullet proof glass and causing the computer’s to blow up and the power to go out. Sam and Walter were forced back off of their chairs and onto the floor. When everything finally calmed down and the emergency lights came on,

“Colonel, are you ok?” Walter was worried because of her pregnancy.

“Yea, I think so.”

She got up, with Walter’s help, and groaned. By then the gate had shut down. Walter picked up the chair for Sam to sit down on then he picked up his own. Dr Weir came into the control room,

“What happened? “

“I am not sure but we are going to have to get the power back on ASAP, and then replace all of the computers and the glass” Sam said rubbing the back of her head.

“Are you alright Colonel?”

“Yeah, Walter can you get some guys and go down to supply and start bringing up the replacement computer.”

“Yes Ma’am” the he left to get what was needed.

“Colonel, you should go and have yourself and the baby checked out.”

“The baby is fine, kicking up a fuss at the moment and I know why, so I better go and have something to eat and then I’ll go and see Janet. If there are any problems, call me.”

“I will” Sam stood up and went to the infirmary first. Since the power was out, and only the emergency lights were on, she used the stairs to get to the infirmary level and then went to see Janet.

“Hey” Sam said, walking into the infirmary.

“Hi Sam, are you ok?”

“Yeah; just a headache. Some sort of energy wave came through the gate and knocked me on my back but the kids are fine.”

“I can’t do much until the power is back on” and then the lights came back on.

“Now you can.”

Janet checked Sam and the babies over; they were fine and then she gave Sam a couple of aspirin to take before she left. Sam went to her quarters since the kids felt like pizza and chicken.

An hour later she went back to the control room to give Siler and the rest of the control room staff a hand with replacing the burned out computers. They had the computers replaced and the systems up and running within four hours. Afterwards she went to the mess for a cup of tea and blue jello and after she finished she went to bed to get some sleep.

Two hours later Thor’s ship came out of hyperspace close to Earth; they saw the all of the debris from the battle with the mother ships.

“Wow” Daniel said when he saw the debris field.

“At least Earth is safe” Dixon said.

“Yeah.”

Daniel turned to Thor just as there was a bright light and a stases pod appeared followed a few seconds later by another bright light and Jack, in his frozen chamber, appeared. Then Thor moved some stones around.

“How long will it take to remove the Ancient knowledge Thor?”

“Fifteen minutes.”

“Ok.”

The personnel who were stationed at the outpost set the alarms off when there was a bright light and they saw Jack’s body disappear. Captain Simmons was on duty in the control room when there was a beeping noise letting him know that there was a message coming in. He received the message, ‘General O’Neill missing, possibly Asgard’. As soon as he received the message, he called Colonel Reynolds, who was the CO for the night shift.

“Reynolds”

“Sir, this is Captain Simmons from the control room.”

“Yeah, what is it?”

“We just received a message from the outpost sir; it reads ‘General O’Neill missing, possibly Asgard’.”