samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Shit! Contact Colonel Ronan on the Prometheus and pass the message on.”

“Yes sir” then he hung up and contacted Ronan.

“This is Stargate Command calling the Prometheus copy, over.”

“This is Prometheus, Stargate Command; what can we do for you.”

“I have a message for Colonel Ronan.”

“What is the message, Stargate Command?”

“General O’Neill missing, possibly Asgard.”

“Where did the message come from Stargate Command?”

“The Ancient outpost in Antarctica.”

“Copy that Stargate Command, Prometheus out” then he flicked the switch and turned as Reynolds walked up the steps.

“I’ve sent the message sir.”

“Good, now all we can do is wait.”

“Yes sir.”

The communications officer on the Prometheus ran down to his CO’s quarters and knocked on the door.

“Come” he opened the door and walked in.

“Sir, we have received a message from Stargate Command; it reads ‘General O’Neill missing, possibly Asgard’. I’ve confirmed it with the Ancient outpost sir. General O’Neill’s body disappeared five minutes ago” Ronan quickly got out of bed.

“Sound general quarter and get this ship in the air, just in case it’s not the Asgard”. He knew that the Goa’uld’s Osiris, Ba’al and Anubis all had the Asgard beaming technology but he didn’t know if anyone else had it.

“Yes sir.”

The Major ran out of the room and up to the bridge and started barking orders and sounding the alarm that called everyone to duty. Three minutes later they were heading out of space.

Sam woke up from a dream and smiled. She got up and went to the bathroom and then got dressed and headed down to the gate room. Reynolds saw her walk into the gate room and he went down to see her.

“Sam” she turned and smiled.

“I know; he’s coming home soon.”

“A dream?”

“Yes, would you let the others know?”

“Sure” he walked up to the control room and picked up the phone. A few phone calls later he hung up and waited.

Thor had just finished removing the Ancient knowledge from Jack’s brain and then opened up the stases pod. Daniel was standing next to it when it opened and he heard Jack groan.

“Jack?”

“Daniel; got any aspirin, my head is killing me.”

“You will be alright in a moment O’Neill.”

“Thor buddy, good to see you” the he slowly sat up and looked around.

“Bra’tac, good to see ya.”

“You also O’Neill” he said, grinning.

“Earth?”

“Still there but you left a mess up here Jack” Daniel said, smiling. Jack got out of the pod and walked over to where SG5 was standing by the view screen.

“Hi guys.”

“Welcome back, sir.”

“Thanks. Wow, I sure did leave a mess up here” he said, when he saw the debris floating around in space. Then he turned to Daniel,

“So, what are you guys doing here?”

“You sent us on a mission Jack, while you saved earth.”

“Oh. What was the mission?”

“To destroy all the Replicators.”

“And?”

“No more Replicators.”

“O’Neill, you used the knowledge from the Ancients to find the Ancient weapon that destroyed all of the Replicators in the galaxy.”

“So, the Ancient’s built a big honking space gun?”

“No, but close. Jack I’ll tell you all about it during the briefing when we return home.”

“Ok, talking about briefings, how is Sam?”

“We haven’t seen her since Monday and today is Friday.”

“Oh; Thor would you please beam my beautiful wife up here?”

Sam was looking at the Stargate when Janet, Teal’c, Jonas and Sarah ran into the gate room and she turned and smiled at them.

“He’s coming home.”

“That is good news …” then there was a bright light and Sam disappeared.

“Thor” Jonas said.

When Sam arrived she blinked and looked around for Jack.

“Lucy, I’m home!”

He opened his arms and Sam stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him the best she could. He gave her a hug back and then she started to cry.

“Hey, everything is going to be ok; no more Ba’al and no more metal bugs to worry about” they pulled apart so he could give her a kiss. Daniel walked over to Thor.

“Thor, would you beam them down to the gate room?” Thor moved two stones and they were beamed into the gate room.

“Thanks.”

“I must depart. I’ve received a message from the Council, they want me to retrieve the weapon before the Goa’uld find out what it is and what it can do.”

“Ok, could you…” then they were beamed onto the cargo ship.

“…beam us” and then he looked around.

“Guess he read my mind” and then the ship was beamed into space.

Bra’tac went and sat in the controller’s seat and started up the engines and he turned the ship just in time to see Thor’s ship jump in to hyperspace.

“Lets go home Bra’tac” and they headed to Earth just as the Prometheus was heading toward them.

When Jack and Sam finally came up for air they looked around to see their friends and gate room personnel watching them, with grins on their faces.

“I’M BACK!” everyone clapped and cheered them on, so Jack gave Sam another hug and kiss. They talked to everyone for a few minutes before they went to the infirmary, with their arms around each other.
An hour later they were in their quarter’s private bathroom having a shower before they went to bed.

“I love you” Jack whispered to Sam.

“I love you too Jack; it’s so good to have you home.”

She looked up at him in the dark and gave him a passionate kiss before they both feel asleep with smiles on their faces.

They woke up just after eleven and made love once again and Jack felt the twins’ kick. They finally got up just after 1300 and had another shower before getting dress and leaving their quarters. While they were enjoying their lunch, personnel welcomed Jack back. Walter walked into the mess hall and he welcomed Jack back and let them know what time the briefing was before he went to get his lunch.

An hour later, SG1 and 5 were all sitting around the briefing room table with Dr Weir and General Hammond. The President and the Chief of Staff were listening in on the briefing. They all took turns telling what had happened during their missions. They stopped at 2000 hours for dinner and would continue in the morning.

The next morning, at 0900, they continued with the briefing. When Sam told them what happened to Kinsey they all burst out laughing.

“Shocking” Jack said.

“That what Colonel Carter said” Dr Weir told him.

“Here, let me show you the security tape footage” Sam picked up the remote and pushed play and they all watched what had happened.

“Well, he will never learn.”

“Janet said that he worse patient than you are Jack and, yes, she used the big needles on him.” she said smiling.

“He didn’t like it?”

“Not when she was rough on him.”

“Ouch, I better watch it then.”

“Shell we continue” Dr Weir said.

They continued on with the briefing for the rest of the day, stopping for lunch and an afternoon break. They finished the briefing just after six.

“General O’Neill, Colonel Carter; there will be an award ceremony tomorrow here in Washington and I would like to have you two here for it.”

“Yes sir.” Jack said.

“I’ll have to find a bigger uniform.”

“Don’t worry Colonel, we have already taken care of that for you, just come in your civvies and bring your other dress blues with you to the base so that you can change your medals and badges over.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“We will see you both at ten in the morning. You two will be beamed to the hall by the Prometheus, where General Hammond will be waiting for you at 0930.”

“We will be there.”

“See you then. Good night and congratulations on a job well done, all of you” then he hung up. Dr Weir pushed the button on her end to end the call.

“Well, with everything that has happened this past week, SG1 and 5, you have a week off, dismissed.” they all stood up and walked out of the briefing room.

“Sam, what would you like for dinner tonight?”

“O’Malley’s?”

“O’Malley’s it is.”

“How about it guys? You too SG5, my treat” Sam said and they all agreed.

“Great, see you guys there in an hour and bring your wives, partners, girlfriends along as well and Daniel, bring Cassie.”

Sam and Jack went to the control room to check on things before leaving for the night, while everyone else went to the locker rooms and got changed.

An hour later Jack and Sam arrived at O’Malley’s and saw their friends already seated at two of the big tables. They walked over to join them when the owner approached them.

“Remember, no trouble from you.”

“I don’t think Sam is in any condition to fight and remember it was the jar heads that started it, not us.”

“True and I understand what you are saying. How far along are you?”

“Almost five months, with twins.”

“Twins? Wow, congratulations.”

“Thanks”

“I better get back to the bar.”

“Ok; would you send one of your waiters over to our group and we are paying for the meals and drinks tonight.”

“Sure” then he turned and walked back to the bar while Jack and Sam walked over to the tables.

“Is every thing alright Jack?”

“Yes Daniel, O’Malley just reminded us that there should be no fights after what happened last time we were here.”

“Ah yes, I remember that.” they sat down and a waitress walked over to their tables.

They gave their drinks and dinner orders. Sam order herself two steaks as did one of the SG5 wives who was seven months pregnant. They talked and laughed for a few minutes and then their drinks arrived. They were having a wonderful time.

“Hey Doc, how was Kinsey after his shocking experience?” Jack asked.

“He was worse than you are sir, all bark and no bite” they all laughed.

“Hey, I’m not that bad.” Janet rolled her eyes.

“Well, at least you listen Jack, he didn’t” Daniel said.

“True.”

They talked until their dinner arrived and another round of drinks was ordered. Two hours later they left for home after Sam paid for everyone’s and drinks. On the way home, Sam called and ordered two pepperoni pizzas and asked Jack to go to KFC’s drive through for a bucket of chicken. So they stopped first at KFC for the chicken and then stopped at Pizza Hut to pick up the pizza’s before heading home.

When they arrived home, Sam organized the bills and paid them over the Internet, while Jack sorted out overnight bags and put a load of washing through the machine. They talked while doing some cleaning around the house before going to bed at eleven thirty.

The next morning Jack made a couple of calls to see how things were going at boot camp while Sam sorted the laundry. Once everything was sorted, they stopped at ‘The Hub’ for breakfast before heading to the SGC. When they arrived, Sarah was waiting for them at the elevator.