samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Morning Jack, Sam.”

“Morning Sarah” they greeted her.

“Sam, some uniforms have arrived for you and they are in your quarters.”

“Thanks Sarah”

“Well, I might as well get changed then.”

Sarah went one way while Jack and Sam walked the other way to their quarters. Sam tried the different dress blues on until she found the one that fit lose but comfortable for her to stand and sit in. At the time she was trying on the different uniforms, Jack changed into his dress blues. Then he helped Sam that her badges and medals. When they were finished, she put her jacket on and it was time to leave.

“Damn, I’m going to be hard all day seeing you in your dress blues. It is a shame we have to leave now because I wanted you to go down on all fours so I could take you from behind” he said groaning.

Sam stepped up to him and gave him a kiss and put her hand and rubbed his hard length.

“Tonight Jack, you can have your wicked way with me when we get home.”

“Don’t you worry I will and I’m going to make you scream.”

“Taking dirty now, are we? Come on, we don’t want to keep General Hammond waiting do we?”

“No.”

He gave her a kiss before they left their quarters and walked to the gate room. A few minutes later they were beamed to Washington and the hall where the reception was being held for the awards presentations. They were beamed into side room where General Hammond was waiting for them.

“Jack, Sam, how are you two.”

“Hello sir, good thanks” Sam said.

“As you know the President will be here in half an hour so you have time to mingle for a bit.”

“Thanks” they left the room and headed down to the hall where the other Air Force personnel had gathered. They talked to some of the other officers until it was time for the ceremony.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I’m pleased you are here today for this special occasion. You are all aware of the Stargate program and what they have accomplished during the past eight years. You are aware of the threats that have been thrown at our planet during that time. You are also aware of what happened during this past week as our planet was threatened by the Goa’uld Ba’al. He arrived in Earth’s orbit with his fleet of mother ships, with the intention of killing every man, woman and child on Earth. His mission failed because of Stargate Command and their flagship team SG1 and its leader. General Jonathan O’Neill was able to defeat Ba’al by destroying all of his ships with a powerful weapon that no one had ever seen before. This transmission, that I’m about to play, is from an Air Force Colonel who was a witness to this powerful force” he gave a nod and everyone listened, over the speakers,

“The mother ships are been ripped to shreds…oh my god, one fire ball just destroyed a mother ship and another just blew up. These fire balls are the most powerful things I have ever seen…it’s over…it’s all over, Earth is safe…all of the ships have been destroyed with in minutes” then the recording stopped.

Jack was holding on to Sam’s hand and they were looking at each other as they listened to the recording and then they looked at the President.

“The man who risked his life to save Earth is none other than General Jonathan O’Neill” he waved his hand at him and Jack stepped forward and walked up the steps and stood at attention in front of the President. Everyone applauded Jack as he walked up the steps.

“General O’Neill, I have been given the great honour and privilege of presenting you with the highest award any officer of the United States Air Force can receive, the Air Force Medal of Honor and the new rank of Major General, congratulations General O’Neill.”

Sam and Jack were shocked at this turn in events but happy. After he was given his second star and medal he saluted the President and the Chief of Staff and then he stepped forward to speak,

“As some of you know, I’m a man of few words. I want to thank you Mr President for the promotion and medal; I am honored. But, there are some things that you have forgotten. This is not the first time SG1 has saved Earth’s collective ass and it won’t be the last.” He glanced over at Sam, who was smiling and patting her expanding stomach and smiled at her. Then he looked around the room as he continued,

“As you are all aware, there was another threat out there called the Replicators who were also intent on destroying everything in their path; you are not going to have to worry about them any more because, thanks to an Ancient weapon, they were wiped of this galaxy.

As for the Goa’uld; I know that we have pissed them off over the past eight years, as well as killed a few, and now we all hope that all Jaffa will know the true feeling of freedom. Hopefully, with no more war and blood shed they can start to settle down with their families for the first time in thousands of years.

Most of all I would like to thank my beautiful and brilliant wife Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter” he looked at her and smiled.

“If it wasn’t for her and her dumb ideas, as Thor calls them, I wouldn’t be here now. Actually, none of us would be here if it wasn’t for her, SG1 and all of the personnel of Stargate command who have gone out and saved not just Earth but many other planets as well. Thank you.” everyone broke into applause. Jack walked down the steps towards Sam and gave her a hug and a kiss in front of everyone. They broke apart and turned to look at the President, holding hands.

“Thank you General O’Neill for your speech and you are right about what SG1 and the SGC have done in the past eight years.

Now, Colonel Carter, you have one hell of a record. As an Air Force officer who started by winning every award available to a cadet at the United State Air Force Academy and top marks; you have worked up the ranks at a young age and as a woman in a man’s world and you have more combat experience than any of us here, other than General O’Neill. Please come forward” Sam walked up the steps and stood at attention.

“Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter, you are one of the top scientists that this country has ever seen and you know more about alien technology that anyone in this world. The work you have done and the advancements in technology you have achieved are amazing. But most important of all is what you did a few weeks ago with the symbiote poison, which was pure genius. Without further adieu it gives me great pleasure and pride to award you the Air Force Medal of Honor and promote you to the new rank of Colonel, congratulations Colonel Carter.”

“Thank you sir.”

“Would General Carter and General O’Neill please step up and have the honor of replacing the Colonel’s rank insignia?” he said, smiling.

Sam looked around and saw Jacob making his way to the front of the room and then Jack spotted his father in law heading toward him.

“Jack”

“Dad, shall we?”

They stepped up and replaced Sam’s oak leaves for eagles and then the President pinned her medal on her. She saluted him and he gave a nod and then she stepped forward.

“I just wanted to say that I was doing the job that I love and now, in four months time, I’ll be taking on a new roll as a mother. If it is anything like my current job, all I can say is, I love challenges and this “ she put both hands on her stomach “will be my new challenge but I won’t be alone for this one” she looked over at Jack and smiled. “I’ll have my crazy husband, who I love very much, beside me all the way, and a wonderful and crazy family and friends for support.”

“As Jack said before, I hope and pray that one day all of the Jaffa will be set free from the control of the Goa’uld and they can settle down with their families and friends to live in peace. Thank you.” Sam stepped back to Jack’s side as the President stepped forward once again.

“Congratulations Colonel Carter and General O’Neill. We all hope you keep up the good work that you do. On behalf of everyone here and on this world, we thank SG1, including Dr. Daniel Jackson and Teal’c for saving Earth.”

Then he stepped back and shook their hands as the room broke out in applause.

“There is something I would like to talk to you about, General.”

“Mr President?” Jack was wondering what he wanted to talk to him about as he looked at Sam and then back to Henry.

“In private, please.”

”What ever you have to say, you can say it in front of Sam. we don’t keep secrets from each other”

“Ok; the Chief of Staff and I have been talking and we would like you to return to the SGC as the new commanding officer and for your wife to be second in command.”

“I don’t know; can I think about it and talk it over with Sam first?”

“Jack?” he turned to look at her.

“What ever you decide I…we will back you up.”

“Thanks Sam but the paper work, the briefings, you know what I’m like” she smiled.

“Yes I do Jack and I know you can handle it, otherwise the President and Joint Chiefs wouldn’t have recommended you for the job. Think about it, I would rather have you as our commanding officer than another bureaucrat in charge of the SGC. At least you know everyone there and a new CO, from outside, would be a nightmare trying to get used to whoever it was.”

“But I’ll be stuck behind a desk.”

“You can still carry on sparing with Teal’c twice a week and you can come down to my lab if you are really bored. You will also be able to take me to the mess hall for lunch and make me rest when I get bigger.”

“Well, in that the case, I’ll do it on one condition.”

“General?”

“I’ll do it but only for a year and after that we will see; agreed?”

“Yes, we agree” Henry said and then they shook hands.

“Good; now if you well excuse us we need to get back to the SGC so that Sam can have some lunch before she gets cranky.”

“Hey, I do not.”

“Do to.”

“Do not.”

“Do not.

“Do to” he smiled and she realized what she had said.

“Ok, ok, you win and I’m hungry.”

“See what I mean.” he said smiling.

“Yes I do good luck to you both and let me know when the twins are born.”

“We will sir.” Jack said.

“Sir, what about Dr Weir?”

“She is going to be working on the Ancient outpost project.”

“Ok, thanks for letting us know.

“General, you can start the job next Monday. That will give you time to sort things out with the boot camp.”

“Thank you sir.” And then they left.