samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back yes please. Sorry no picture to go with this chapter


“When do you think you will be discharged Sam?” Mark asked.

“I’m going to talk to Janet about letting us out of here tomorrow and I think she will agree, as long as I take things easy.”

“With Jack around I am sure that he won’t let you make yourself a drink.” Laura said.

“Yeah, and I wonder what else he will do?”

“You will have to wait and see” and he gave her a kiss. They stayed, talking until Janet returned, shaking her head.

“Janet?”

“We have the skeleton staff on duty over the holidays; that is why your lunch was horrible.”

“That’s just great but what about the other patients?”

“You are it.”

“You’re joking? When can I get out of here?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“Ok Jack, you better bring me something to eat tonight.”

“I will” they continued chatting while Sam finished her lunch and then another plate appeared. It was a steamed pudding with custard and she loved, which made Jack smiled. When she finished she leaned back and patted her stomach.

“That was great guys but there is one thing missing” Jacob passed Sam a bag and she opened it. There were three bottles of banana smoothies.

“Thanks, just what I needed” and she opened the first bottle and drank it.

They talked for awhile until the twins woke up. Everyone left the room, leaving Jack and Sam alone. He helped her with boys and while they were nursing they talked. Jack sat on the bed facing Sam and the boys,

“Cassie called the radio station this morning” Sam told him.

“Oh, why did she call them?”

“To have them make some announcements about an engagement, a wedding anniversary and a birth.”

“Ah, ok.”

“I guess everyone on base has heard the news. When I went to the Infirmary this morning some of the personnel they congratulated us and wanted more information. I said that there would be a notice put up in the next few days, with photo’s of our sons.”

“Good idea.”

Jack watched his son’s nursing quite happily until they had had enough. Jack took one from Sam’s arm so he could burp him.

“What do you say we go and give them a bath?”

“Sounds good to me.”

He stood up from the bed and opened Sam’s bag and got out her robe and slippers for her to put on and then he picked up the baby bag and put it over his shoulder. Sam put her son on the bed and then put her robe and slippers on and then picked up her son and then walked out of the room to where the others were waiting.

“Sam, what are you doing out of bed?” Mark asked.

“Mark, you should know how stubborn your sister is by now.”

“Yeah, you’re right Jack. Where are you going?”

“We are going to give the twins a bath.”

“This I have got to see” Cassie said, following them.

The others decided to follow along. When they reached the nursery, they watched Jack and Sam bathe their sons. Daniel videotaped the first bath, having lots of fun. They finished the bath and then the boys were dressed and started to drift off to sleep. They all returned to Sam’s room to chat. There were five more deliveries of flowers and balloons for Sam and the boys during their visit.

They spent about three hours with Sam before leaving her to get some rest and Jack gave her a kiss before leaving. When they were gone, Sam got up and looked into the two bags that Jack had brought from home.

She grabbed a few things and went to have a shower to freshen up and to get out of the hospital gown and into her own clothes. Fifteen minutes later she returned to bed and started working on a crossword puzzle that Jack had brought for her. That evening Jack came back with a couple of bags. She had just finished putting the boys down for a few hours.

“Hey, you smell wonderful” he gave her a kiss.

“Thanks; what have you got for me?”

Sam sat on the bed cross-legged while Jack pulled out bottle of non-alcoholic wine and containers of curried egg salad, potato salad, pasta salad, cherry tomatoes and cold, roasted lamb.

Sam smiled at the vast selection and then he took his jacket and boots off before sitting cross legged on the bed facing Sam. He opened the bottle and poured the wine into two plastic flute wine glasses and passed one to Sam.

“Here is to our family and to us; Happy anniversary Sam but this is not what I had in mind for tonight.”

“Jack, you being here, tonight, with me with us, that is all that matters to me.”

“I know, but I promise you that I’ll make it up to you next year.”

“I know you will Jack; to our family and friends” she said, as she lifted her glass.

“Family and friends” they clicked the flutes and took a sip of the wine.

Jack passed Sam a fork and then he picked up the other one. He speared a cherry tomato and fed it to Sam and so she did the same for him. They fed one another and talked while having dinner. After dinner Jack pulled out another container and opened it. Sam’s eyes widened and she licked her lips which made Jack groan. She smiled when she saw the home made cheesecake that Jack had made two days ago.

They fed one another until it was all gone and then he pulled out one more container and opened it. Inside were white chocolate coated strawberries.

“Jack, I can’t have chocolate.”

“Yes you can, you just can’t have dark chocolate but you can have the white; I asked Janet.”

“God, I love you Jack.” she leaned forward and gave him a kiss and then they feed one another the strawberries until they were all gone and they finished the wine.

“Jack that was great, thanks for dinner” she gave him a kiss and the smile that he loved.

“Anything for you sweetheart.”

“How about a snuggle?”

“That I can handle” they cleaned up the remains of their dinner and then they lay down on the single bed and Sam snuggled up to his side, with her head on his chest and one arm draped across his stomach. They kissed gently but then it became passionate and they broke for air.

“Sam, I have something for you.”

“What did you get me?” he rolled over and put his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out a box and passed it to Sam. She opened it and gasped. Inside the box was an eternity ring, with two sapphires and three diamonds in an 18ct yellow gold band.

“I had this one made few years ago so it would go with this ring.”

He took it out of its box and slipped it onto Sam’s finger next to the engagement ring. She looked at it and smiled and then she gave Jack a passionate kiss.

“It’s beautiful Jack, I love it.”

“Just like you Sam.” he gave her another passionate kiss and then they heard one of the boys making noises.

“I’ll get him, who ever it is” he gave her another kiss before getting up from the bed and walking over to see JJ waking up.

“Hello there sport, are you hungry” he picked him up and moved the blanket out of the way and checked his diaper.

“Well, we feed one end and change the other.”

“I’ve got an idea; I’ll feed him while you change him, at the same time.”

Sam lay down on the bed and lifted her top. Jack saw what she was doing do, so he put JJ on the bed close to Sam. Then she guided her wet nipple to his mouth and he started nursing. While he was having his dinner, Jack changed his wet diaper. When Jack had finished changing his diaper he sat down and watched JJ and Sam. Then he heard a noise behind him and he turned around to see that Ian was now awake. He picked him up and changed him and by the time he was changed, JJ had finished nursing.

Sam carefully sat up and Jack passed him to her and he picked up JJ and burped him while Sam feed Ian. Twenty minutes later the twins were back in their basinets, asleep. Jack stood there watching as his sons’ slept.

“Jack” he turned around and looked at Sam.

”Come here” and she patted the bed. He walked over and lay down and pulled Sam against him and gave her a kiss.

“Sam, I’m not going to miss out on anything about these two, or any other kids we have, growing up.”

“I know you won’t Jack” they kissed and snuggled.

The only light that was on was the bedside lamp and that was turned down low. Sam closed her eyes and fell asleep. When Jack noticed that she was asleep he pulled the covers over them and turned the light lower before closing his eyes and falling asleep himself.

Sam started dreaming. In her dream, Brian was in a lot of pain but he didn’t tell anyone. He went to bed, still without telling anyone. The next morning, when Jacob went to wake him he noticed that something was wrong and checked his pulse but he could not find one. He went into Jack and Sam’s bedroom and called Janet and told her the situation..

Twenty minutes later she arrived and checked on Brian. A few minutes later she came out of his room, shaking her head.

“My best guess is that his appendix burst sometime during the night, I am sorry Jacob. He must have been in pain last night and he didn’t tell some one, then he… “Jacob nodded, understanding what she meant.

“Dad?” he turned to Laura.

“I’m sorry Laura.”

“NNNOOO” she screamed and then she collapsed, crying.

“There is an ambulance on its way; would you like for me to do the autopsy Jacob?”

“Please” he was on the floor, holding Laura in his arms when Mark and the girls came running down the hallway.

“Dad, what’s going on?”

“Brian has died Mark” Laura said, crying on Jacob’s shoulder.

“What?” he was shocked and he looked up at Janet and she gave him a small nod.

”I think it was a burst appendix. I’ve already asked Jacob if it was ok if I performed the autopsy but it is up to you.”

“Yes, please.”

The next part of the dream showed Jacob coming into Sam’s hospital room and she and Jack were laughing.

“Hi dad, what’s wrong?” his eye’s flashed and Selmac spoke,

“Jacob is too upset at this time to speak. Brian died during the night and Dr Fraiser thinks it was a burst appendix.”

“Oh my god! Mark, Laura, the girls… “

”They are, of course, taking this very hard.”

Jacob stepped forward and Jack got up from the bed and Jacob sat down next to Sam and they hugged and cried. Sam held on to Jack’s hand while watching him as he remembered Charlie’s death at that age.

Then it showed it two hours later, when the families were gathered together and Janet walked in to the room.

“It was a burst appendix, as I suspected.”

They were all crying and Jack held Sam in his arms as Jacob held the girl in his arms and Mark held Laura. Janet walked out of the room to give them some privacy and Daniel held her in his arms. Cassie, Teal’c, Jonas and Sarah were there to support the family’s when they needed them.

Then Sam woke up crying. ”Hey, what’s wrong?” Jack asked.

“Jack call Dad! Tell him to get Brian here NOW, he suffering from appendicitis and if his doesn’t have it removed soon it will burst and he will die.”

“Ok, you stay here.”

He gave her a kiss and walked out of Sam’s room. She went to check on the boys before going to the bathroom. Jack walked down to the nurse’s station and there was no one there. He used the phone and called home.

“Hello?” a sleepy voice answered.

“Dad, its Jack. Listen to me; get Brian here to the hospital as fast as you can. Sam just had a dream and it is appendicitis.”

“Bad dream?”

“Sam woke up crying.”

“We are on our way.”