samandjack.net

Author's Notes: Feed back, yes please


“Ok and I’ll get Janet here now” he hung up and then called Janet.

“Fraiser.”

“Janet, it’s Jack. You better get here as fast as you can. Sam had a dream about Brian having an appendix time bomb.”

“I’m on my way” she hung up and then a nurse came up to Jack.

“Is everything alright General O’Neill?”

“Who is the Dr. on duty?”

“Dr. Warner.”

“Get him here, now.”

“Yes sir” she picked up the phone and called Dr. Warner and then hung up.

“He will be here in a few minutes sir.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant” then they heard foot steps.

“General O’Neill.”

“Follow me doc” and they went into Sam’s room and Sam was crying.

“The boys are fine. Now, just listen to me carefully. What I’m about to tell you only a few people know and you do have top clearance at the SGC.”

“Ok, what is it.”

“Sam has dreams.”

“So do I.”

“Sam’s dreams are different; she can predict the future in her dreams. Right now Jacob is on his way here with his grandson who suffering from appendicitis. In Sam’s dream he died because he didn’t tell anyone that he was in pain. Janet is also on her way here.”

“Ok, I’ll get the OR ready. What is the boy’s name?”

“Brian Carter.”

“Thanks for letting me know. What is his blood type?”

“B positive, the same as mine” Sam said.

“Ok thanks.”

He walked out and went to the nurse’s station and placed a call to arrange for an operating theatre to be readied for emergency surgery. Jack walked over to Sam and held her in his arms. Fifteen minutes later Jack and Sam were standing out in the hallway where they could see the entrance. Warner and his staff were looking out for any sign of Sam’s SUV.

Then they saw the car coming up the drive up and stopped outside the entrance. They saw Mark get out of the passenger seat and quickly open the back door where they could see Brian sitting on Laura’s lap. He picked him up in his arms and quickly ran inside and put him on the waiting gurney and they ran towards the operating theatre. The rest of the family got out and Jacob parked the car while the family went inside. As Jacob headed toward the entrance, Janet pulled up, parked her car and ran inside.

“Where is he?”

“In surgery, Janet” Sam said.”

Janet ran toward the operating theatre while the others walked toward Jack and Sam.

“Sam, how did you know Brian was ill?”

“Well, he was quiet yesterday and I did notice the way he was rubbing his side. I should have realized it then but I had a dream that woke me and I remembered you did what he did before you were rushed to hospital when you had the same thing.”

“Oh yeah.” then they heard one of the twins crying.

”Feeding time” Sam said. She walked into her room, leaving the others out in the hall.

“Coffee, hot chocolate, any one? It looks like we are going to be here awhile” they all agreed.

Jack walked over to the nurse and spoke to her before walking down to the staff room to get everyone a drink. A few minutes later he returned with a tray of the hot coffee, tea and packets of big chocolate chip cookies and two different breads.

“Here you go; I’ll take this to Sam.”

He picked up one coffee and one tea for Sam and a packet of cookies. They thanked Jack and he went to in to see Sam. When he walked in, Sam was burping JJ and Ian was starting to wake up.

“Hey, I brought you a cup of tea and a cookie.”

“Thanks Jack.”

“You did great tonight Sam.”

“I know Jack, but what I said to Mark… ”

“Hey, you did tell him part of the truth. I know it’s hard to not be able to tell your family what is really going on.”

“Yes, it is.”

Sam put JJ back into his basinet and then Jack passed her Ian and she started to nurse him. She also started to drink her tea while it was still hot.

“You know, if you drink coffee while breast feeding you will keep the kids awake.” Sam giggled.

“Thanks for the information Jack.”

“Hey, everything is going to be ok. Before you know it Brian will be annoying his sisters like he always does.”

“True” Jack was sitting on the bed rubbing her back which she enjoyed. A few minutes later Sam put Ian down in his basinet. Then Sam went to the bathroom before they left to join the others.

“How are you guys holding up?”

“Ok, I guess.” Mark said.

“Ok” they all sat down and waited.

An hour later Janet walked into the waiting room, still wearing her operating scrubs.

“Janet” Sam asked and she smiled.

“Brian is one lucky kid; Dr Warner got to the appendix just as it burst. He is going to be sore for a while but he will make a complete recovery.” they relaxed, knowing that he was going to be fine.

“We are going to move him into the room next to Sam in a few minutes and he should sleep through the night.”

“Thank you Janet” Laura said.

“No problem” then they heard the phone ring.

“I’ll let you all know when he is in his room.”

“Thanks” then a nurse walked over to Janet and whispered something into her ear and Janet looked at her.

“Call all the medical staff that are still in the Springs and tell them I need them here, let them know that this is a Code Red” then the nurse ran to the phone.

“Janet?”

“There has been a three bus pile up on I25 just north of here. There are casualties already heading to the two main hospitals and they just called us for our help. We are going to be getting casualties coming in here in ten minutes by medivac helicopters and we will need all the help we can get.”

“Is there anything that we can do? “Karen asked.

“Sam, I want you and Jack to move the twins in Brian’s room because we are going to need all the rooms we can get. Jack, call the base and get then to call all of my nurses who are off duty and have them report here. We are going to need fresh blood, so have them round up as many volunteers that they can. Karen, Joan, I want you two to stay in Brian’s room and out of the way.”

“Ok.”

“Jack, we will need hot drinks and plenty of them.”

“Ok, I’ll get on the horn about that now.”

“Jacob, call Daniel. Let him know that we might need his and Sarah’s
Help since some of the injured Chinese. Have them bring Jonas along also.”

“Sure” then he got up and went to call Daniel just as Dr. Warner came up to them.

“What’s going on?”

“Three bus loads of tourists have been involved in a bad accident and we have casualties coming in hot.”

“Ok, what has to be been done?”

“Jack is calling all off duty nurses from the base to come here. He is also calling about rounding up blood donors and hot drinks, these people are going to be cold. Jacob is calling Daniel and Sarah since some of the tourists are Chinese and they speech the language. They are going to bring Jonas with them for another set of hands. I want Sam and Teal’c to take care of the blood donor department and I’m going to get Laura and Mark here to write down names, ages, birth dates and blood types of each of the patients as they come in. You and I are going to be in surgery and I was going to get Dr Winters to take care triage out here.”

“Ok, I’ll get both operating theatres ready now” then he left.

Janet went to the front desk and got pens, paper and paper clips and passed them to Mark and Laura.

“Ok, you all know what to do.” Then Jack and Jacob returned.

“I've got Walter taking care of the calls and there are airmen on their way over with coffee, tea and hot chocolate.”

“I’ve spoken to Daniel and they are all on their way and I called Cassie; she on her way also.”

“Thanks guys. We had better get moving, the first patients will be here in a couple of minutes.”

They all started moving around; Karen and Joan helped Jack and Sam move Sam’s things into Brian’s room and then they got the girl’s a table and two chairs plus a pack of cards for them to play with. They had just finished setting them up when Janet came and got them all to change into hospital scrubs and she showed them where the gloves were.

Sam put her shoes and socks on after she put the scrubs on. As Janet showed them where everything that they might need they heard the helicopters approaching. Jack gave Sam a kiss before going to help the staff with the first load of patients.

“Sam, are you sure you are going to be ok?” Mark asked.

“Yes Mark, I will be. After all, I’m a Carter” she said smiling.